Green tea is commonly used in Chinese medicine industry and it is used for centuries to improve human health as well as the beauty. Green tea is rich in antioxidants, B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, folate, etc. Green tea is produced from fresh leaves and it has a lot of benefits or uses for health such as reducing cholesterol, preventing cardiovascular diseases, preventing cancer, and treating Alzheimer’s disease. In this article, VKool.com will show you 15 ways how to use green tea for the skin. Hopefully, you will learn the useful information to take care of the skin naturally and effectively at home.
15 Ways How To Use Green Tea For Skin You Should Know
1. Treat Acne
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that make you feel less confident and it affects your appearance, especially on the face. Do you know that green tea is not only a healthy drink, but it is also a good ingredient for treating acne? You can follow this instruction as below:
- You prepare a green tea bag and put it in a bowl.
- Now you add some hot water and brew it until it is cool.
- Remove the tea bag and leave it aside.
- Now you use a cotton swab and apply the tea on the skin for 15 minutes.
- Then you wash off with water and apply a moisturizer as usual.
- You should do it every day until you get rid of acne and breakouts.
Read more: Bump Natural Treatments
2. Good For Sensitive Skin
Green tea is good for almost types of skin including sensitive skin. If you have a sensitive skin or an irritated skin, you should use green tea for treatment. Plain yogurt contains vitamin D, calcium, and protein that moisturize and fight acne on the skin effectively. It also helps reduce discoloration, sunburn, and blemishes excellently. Meanwhile, lemon juice can cleanse the skin deeply.
- You boil several green tea leaves in a cup of water.
- Cool down and strain it.
- Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of plain yogurt or curd and a few teaspoons of green tea.
- Apply the mask on the face for 15 minutes before rinsing off with cool water.
3. Exfoliate Your Skin
How to use green tea for skin, especially for face skin? The advice is that you can use it as an excellent face scrub weekly. The method is very simple and you can do it like this:
- You take some green tea bags and brew them in hot water.
- Then you cool the water down and add some tablespoons of green tea water.
- Now you apply the tea on the face and other skin regions in circulation motion.
- Green tea includes anti-aging property that benefits to the skin.
- The scrub will exfoliate the skin naturally and it will remove dirt from the skin effectively.
- You should apply the method twice weekly.
4. Reduce Pores On Skin
The large pores usually occur on oily skin type as it is one of the factors that contribute to speed up aging process. If you want to get rid of pores and treat oily skin effectively without using expensive cosmetic products, you should use green tea instead. The steps to remove pores on the oily skin are:
- Firstly, you boil a glass of water and add some green tea bags in it.
- You brew it completely and remove the tea bags.
- Cool the water down to room temperature and you can add some drops of lavender oil and tea tree oil.
- Now you prepare an ice tray and put the tea in it.
- Store in the refrigerator and apply the ice cubes when they are ready to use.
- This method will reduce the pore size and it will prevent pimples on the skin.
- You also can put the tea in a spray and use it instead of using ice tray.
5. Reduce Dark Spots
Do you want to reduce dark spots with green tea ingredient just at home? Well, you totally can taste green tea every day and use it to make the skin more glowing each day and here is the instruction:
- You prepare green tea leaves and put them in a bowl.
- Add some tablespoons of raw milk or milk powder, some tablespoons of gram flour, and a pinch of turmeric.
- Add some rose water into the mixture and mix all the ingredients together.
- Apply on the skin for 15 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
- Do it twice weekly to get a better result.
6. Make The Skin More Glowing
To have a glowing skin, you can take advantage of green tea and some other ingredients available in your kitchen. If you like to decrease dark spots, reduce wrinkles, and fine line, green tea mask is suitable for the goal. To moisturize and beautify the skin every day, you can follow this way:
- You boil the green tea leaves in boiling water and add some honey to make a good paste.
- Then you apply the pack on the face or other parts of the body for 15-20 minutes.
- You rinse off with warm water.
- Doing this method weekly, your skin will be nicer and rosy.
- This mask also helps you clear the blackheads and redness effectively and it works well for dark spots on the skin.
7. Slow Down Aging On Skin
Whenever you get older, the skin will be less beautiful and it appears a lot of spots, wrinkles, pimples or dryness. Green tea is known as an excellent ingredient for health and you can try it to beautify the skin, reduce the aging process naturally. How to use green tea for aging on the skin? The best method is to drink green tea every day, use green tea as a toner to improve skin complexion. Specifically, the combination of green tea and honey is the good for your skin aging.
8. Protect The Skin From Sunlight
It is so wonderful to know that green tea can protect you from sunlight due to the minerals in it. You will get the best effect if you mix it with lemon juice, which is rich in vitamin C to boost the development of collagen. The mixture of lemon and green tea also helps you tighten and lighten the skin as well as prevent sun tan effectively. Here is the method how to use green tea for fighting sunlight:
- It is very simple; you mix a teaspoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of turmeric powder, and some tablespoons of cool green tea.
- Mix well all the ingredients in a bowl and use a cotton ball to dip in the mixture.
- Apply on the face or other parts of the body for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Turmeric has an anti-inflammatory property that can treat eczema, acne, dark spots, sun spots, blemishes, etc.
- Try to do it every week to protect the skin at best.
9. Treat Oily Skin
Do you have oily skin and you hate that condition? You are visiting the right place as green tea can help you a lot. It works well if you combine green tea with rice flour, which can treat dark spots, pigmentation, blemishes, and it can treat the sebum, remove excess oil really well. How to use green tea to treat oily skin condition? Here are the steps:
- Mix some tablespoons of green tea, some tablespoons of rice flour, and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix them well as a good paste and apply the pack on the face for 20 minutes.
- You rinse off with cool water and apply a moisturizer.
10. Treat Dry Skin
Like oily skin, dryness is one of the most common conditions on the skin. Your skin might be cracked and dry due to lacks of hydration. Green tea with sugar will help you treat dry skin effectively, in particular in the winter. How to use green tea for dry skin? Here is the solution:
– Method 1:
- Boil a cup of water and add some green tea leaves in it.
- Cool the water and stain it.
- Now, you add a teaspoon of cream and mix it well with brown sugar.
- Add some tablespoons of green tea and apply the mask on the face or on the parts of the skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
– Method 2:
Applying this mask, you will have a good solution for rejuvenating the dry skin and let follow it like this:
- Boil some water and add the green tea leaves in it.
- Down the tea and stain it.
- Mix the tea with a teaspoon of mashed banana, a teaspoon of curd or plain yogurt.
- Now, you add some teaspoons of green tea as a good smooth.
- Apply the mask on the face for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
11. Scrub For Body
By combining green tea with sugar, you will have a perfect solution for your body. The method is:
- You boil some water and add some green tea leaves in it.
- Cool it down and strain the tea.
- Mix the tea with some tablespoons of sugar.
- Stir it well and add some essential oil or honey, some water to make a consistent scrub.
- Apply the scrub on the face, arms, and legs.
- Do it every week and your skin will look more glowing.
12. Use As A Facial Cleanser
Cleansing the skin is a necessary step in skin care routine and you can use green tea as a natural cleanser with cheap price. Simply, you follow this instruction:
- Put a green tea bag in a cup of hot water.
- Then, you remove the bad and cool the tea down.
- You wash the face with that cooled tea every day.
- You can buy a cleaner including green tea ingredient in it.
13. Moisturize Your Skin
Moisturizing the skin is also a good use of green tea and you can follow this direction to make a good paste for the skin every week:
- You add some green tea bags in a bowl.
- You remove the tea bags and add some sea salt and sugar in the mixture.
- Now, you add some egg yolks into the mixture.
- Add some water to oatmeal in the mask and mix them well.
- You can adjust the water and oats until you get a consistent mask.
- Wash your face and apply the mask by using your fingertips.
- Dry it out and wash your face with fresh water again.
- Apply a natural moisturizer.
14. Use To Steam The Skin
Steaming is one of the most effective ways to treat acne and remove toxins from the skin. Green tea is not only a good drink for your health as it can regulate the blood pressure, prevent cardiovascular disease, but it can be a great ingredient for steaming the skin. How to use green tea for steaming the skin at home? Here are the steps:
- You boil some water and put in a bowl.
- Put a green tea bag in the water and put a towel over the head when the tea is still hot.
- Place the face near the water to get the steam from the bowl.
- You keep that position for 5 minutes.
- You can do it every week.
15. Use As A Great Toner
Do you know that green tea is very healthy for the skin and it can be used to make a great toner for the skin? Specifically, you can store some cool green tea in a container and use it every day as facial toner
- Or, you can pour some green tea bags in heated rosewater for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and cool it down.
- Store the toner in a bottle and use it every day to make the skin look glowing and tightening.
If you want to get more useful information about health care, you can visit our main page about How To tips. After reading the article about top 15 ways on how to use green tea, I hope that you have learned some useful solutions for taking care of the skin at home with this natural ingredient. If you have any question, please leave your comments below.
Related articles about green tea:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 16 Safe & Natural Home Remedies For Abortion In Early Pregnancy
- 10 Home remedies for root canal pain
- How to overcome shyness and social anxiety – 9 tips
- Healthy grapefruit juice recipes for weight loss
- 13 Nutritional benefits of kiwi fruit on health are revealed
- 9 Amazing Uses Of Almond Oil For Hair Treatment
- 34 Homemade besan face pack recipes
- 12 Tips How To Treat Bacterial Infection Naturally Without Antibiotics