As we know, olive oil is one of the greatest and healthiest vegetable oils. Olive oil was popularly used in Egypt as one cosmetic, and also is still used in a lot of Mediterranean countries as one natural medicine. Uses of olive oil are so many and it’s so versatile which it may be used both externally and internally. Health advantages of olive oil can range stimulating metabolism, from promoting better digestion to smearing mucous membranes and because olive oil is packed with vitamins, proteins and minerals, it may also be used to maintain skin, nails, and hair beautiful and healthy. In this article, VKool.com will show you top benefits and uses of olive oil on skin. The writing collected a list olive oil benefits & uses from reliable sources. Keep reading this article to learn more top benefits and uses of olive oil.
Top Benefits And Uses Of Olive Oil On Skin Are Revealed
I. Benefits Of Olive Oil On Skin
You use olive oil to enhance the nutrient value of the beauty products.
Here are some benefits of the olive oil on skin may find surprising.
1. Does Not Clog Pores
Unlike some commercial moisturizers, which exacerbate current skin conditions and can clog pores, olive oil can penetrate deeply into your skin while adding a cleansing effect. You can try applying organic olive oil each night as one substitute for the regular moisturizer. You should apply the oil (a teaspoon) to your face and neck. After that, gently pat your skin using a paper towel in order to wipe away any excess oil.
2. Antioxidant Protection
One of the best benefits of olive oil on skin is antioxidant protection. Olive oil has three major antioxidants: polyphenols, phytosterols and vitamin E. Antioxidants, when topically used, may help protect your skin from the premature skin aging. Hydroxytyrosol, a rather rare element found in this oil, also limits free radical damage to your skin. Vitamin E slightly accounts for the benefits of anti-aging of olive oil as it helps maintain skin smoothness as well as protects against ultraviolet light.
3. General Beauty Booster
This oil is also applied for cuticle and nail care, and a lot of women use olive oil as an eye makeup remover, too. Further applications are using it as an element in homemade facial masks. Another interesting using for both women and men is the substitution of this oil for shaving cream. A lot of males have abandoned shaving cream and once they found how close a shave they may get with olive oil. Women and men alike have also discovered its refreshing qualities allow it an excellent aftershave.
4. Enhances Exfoliation
One of benefits of olive oil on skin is its advantage in exfoliating applications. One common exfoliating way applying olive oil is to mix the oil (1 tablespoon) with natural sea salt, and then rub this mixture over your skin. The mild abrasive ingredients of the sea salt, mixed with the penetrating, deep action of olive oil, will get rid of dead skin cells and allow the epidermis looking glowing and renewed as well.
5. Get Rid Of Dryness
Removing dryness is also one of the best benefits of olive oil on skin. You can use olive oil as one gentle moisturizer for treating dry skin. You need to apply the oil directly to the skin using a cotton ball or include a few drops of it to the favorite moisturizer in order to damp up its effectiveness. This oil has the similar healthy fats as plumps and avocado and moisturizes your skin with one combination of vitamin A and vitamin E.
Learn more: 25 Tips For Treating Dry Skin On Legs And Feet
6. Remove Mascara
One of the benefits of olive oil on skin is mascara removal. Store-bought makeup removers may be harsh, especially when applied around your delicate eye area. The olive oil dissolves your makeup, even waterproof mascara, hence it slides easily off of the eyes without the need for scrubbing or rubbing. Apply olive oil to one cotton ball, keep it on your eye area for thirty seconds and then slide it downward for one makeup-free face at bedtime.
7. Relieve The Itch
Itchy, inflamed and dry skin is often the sign of skin irritations, like psoriasis and eczema. Instead of turning to home remedies and prescription creams, reach for a little olive oil to relieve irritation and discomfort. Add olive oil (a quarter cup) to one warm bath for instant relief, or apply this oil directly to irritated parts.
8. Fight Aging Effects
Sun, pollution and Free radicals may all take a toll on the skin. Vitamin E was really successful in combating free radicals, damage and photo aging to keep younger looking skin. You just need to apply this oil directly to damaged and aging skin to help keep a youthful appearance and decrease all toll-free radicals takes on the skin.
9. Promote Elasticity
When this oil is deeply massaged into your skin of the face and neck, it will help promote elasticity, which then decreases wrinkles and helps to prevent the new ones from forming. You should massage olive oil into the skin on one regular basis in order to get this benefit. Do not forget that you may also reap advantages by ingesting olive oil.
II. Uses Of Olive Oil On Skin
Here are some uses of olive oil on skin:
1. Olive Oil Bath
In order to prepare the olive oil bath, you just add extra virgin olive oil (5 tablespoons) into your bathtub. This simple and easy, yet amazing beauty secret may make your skin very smooth and soft. Another option is to massage the body with this extra virgin olive oil before you hop into the bathtub, after finishing taking your bath and pat the skin dry and then wipe away this excess oil; you will not recognize your skin. It will be amazingly smooth and soft, like a baby skin.
2. Olive Oil Makeup Remover
It gently removes makeup as well as nourishes your skin. For best results, you need to apply some olive oil on a damp cotton pad or on a cotton pad and wipe away gently all the makeup from the face. If you have one heavy makeup on, later to remove the makeup massage the oil all over the face first, and after that wipe it off using a washcloth saturated a long with warm water. You should repeat a few times if needed and remember to be calm, never treat the skin harshly. Wash your face with warm and afterward splash with cold water as cold water will help in stimulating the blood circulation and also close pores.
3. Olive Oil Eye Cream
You can use this oil as an eye cream. Olive oil will nourish your tender skin around the eyes and also soften fine lines. For best results, you gently dab a little bit of olive oil under the eyes before you go to bed or in the morning. Allow the olive oil eye cream in your fridge and enjoy vitamin, refreshing filled beauty treatment.
Keep reading this article to discover more uses of olive oil on skin!
4. Olive Oil Homemade Face Masks
Here are detailed instructions:
- Mix one egg yolk with olive oil (a tablespoon) (you can also add lemon juice (a tea spoon), if you want to brighten and whiten your skin, as lemon juice is high in vitamin C and antioxidants).
- Then apply this mixture to the clean face for around 5 -10 minutes; wash with warm, later cold water as cold water will help close pores.
- This face mask may be used for dry or normal skin types, it will soften and nourish the skin, adding wonderful glow.
5. Clear Up Acne
One of the best uses of olive oil on skin is clearing up acne. For the most beneficial results, all you need to do is to make a paste by combining 4 tablespoons of salt with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Then, pour this mixture onto your fingers and hands and work it around the face. Allow it on for 1-2 minutes, and wash it off with soapy, warm water. Follow daily for a week, then cut back to twice or thrice weekly. You will see a significant improvement in this condition.
Learn more: 23 Natural Solutions For Acne On Face Overnight
6. Clean Your Greasy Hands
In order to remove car paint or grease from your hands, you can pour olive oil (1 teaspoon) and 1 teaspoon sugar or salt into the palms. Vigorously rub this mixture into the hands and between the fingers for a few minutes; after that rinse it off by using soap and water.
7. Wash Face
You can cleanse the face with olive oil. Begin by massaging this oil into the skin of the face (for about two – three minutes), taking care in order to get into the lines and creases. Later use a hot towel to assist it immerses in by placing this towel over the face for 10 minutes. Remove the towel, and after that splash your face using cold water. Dry the skin by patting with one towel – do not rub!
8. Use As Face Masks
Not surprisingly, olive oil may be used to create a face mask for many types of skin. It will not only help brighten and cleanse the skin, but also will serve as one deep moisturizer. Here is how to use this oil for various skin types:
- Normal skin. In order to create this mask, you can use cucumber oil (half a cup), curd (half a cup) and olive oil (a half tablespoon). Blend them together and then apply to your face, allowing it there for 15 minutes. Rinse it all away using lukewarm water. You had better do this once per week for supple, soft skin.
- Dry skin. First of all, you mix together one tablespoon flour, one egg yolk and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. You can add more olive oil if needed to make this paste thin enough to spread on the face. Afterwards apply it to the skin and allow it there for 20 minutes, then rinse away with lukewarm water. Remember to moisturize with this oil when you are done! This way should be done two times per week for best results.
- Oily skin. Take one cup of sea salts, oatmeal, sour milk (half cup) and olive oil (a half tablespoon) and then mix them together to make a paste. After that apply this paste to your face for about 15 minutes, and lastly wash away with lukewarm water.
- All types of skin. If you own combination skin, you should try the face mask with this oil: Mix sandalwood powder (a tablespoon) and turmeric (half teaspoon) together, and then add sufficient milk to make a paste. Later put this on the face and allow it there for about 30 minutes, and finally rinse away with lukewarm water. Remember to use olive oil as one moisturizer when you are done.
- Lip Scrub
You need to combine olive oil (a teaspoon) with coarse sugar for one chapped-lip fix. You may also add lemon juice (a splash) for added flavor and also acidic exfoliating properties. Plus, you can spread this recipe for the whole body.
- Take equal amounts of olive oil and water in one tight lid jar and then shake it well to combine them together. After that, massage your skin with it and rinse it off by using lukewarm water.
- Blend together honey (1 tablespoon), with olive oil (1 tablespoon) and one egg yolk. Blend them together until they come together and then apply on a clean face. Allow this mask to sit for around 15-20 minutes after which rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Make a paste by using mashed avocados and olive oil and apply it on the face. Allow it work on the skin for around 20-25 minutes and finally rinse it off. This mask will leave the skin rejuvenated.
- Add olive oil (a few tablespoons) with lavender essential oil (102 drops) in a bath. It is a luxurious and simple way to relax, moisturize, and soothe the whole body.
- Mix equal quantities of tea decoction (this tea boiled in the water and strained) and olive oil and then apply all over your body and face. Allow this on for one hour.
To get more information related to effective way for skin care, go to our main Home Skin Care page. After studying the writing of top benefits and uses of olive oil on skin, hope that this article will help you learn more uses & benefits of olive oil on skin. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other olive oil benefits & uses for skin care to us.
Related articles on olive oil and skin problems:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 13 Natural Home Remedies for Achilles Tendonitis You Should Know
- 13 Tips And Ways Of Blood Blister Treatment On Hand And Foot
- Homemade turmeric facial mask: top 21 best solutions
- How to make your own hair conditioner recipes at home
- Body scrub recipes: 13 natural homemade recipes for any skin type
- How to train a dog to poop outside the house
- Home remedies for corns and bunions on feet that really work
- 17 Natural Home Remedies For Skin Fungus On Legs & Other Parts