An itch is the defense mechanism of the body against an unpleasant contact to a few irritants. However, itchy skin is known as one of the most common irritating problems to have. The more your skin itches if the more you scratch. And in case you continue scratching, your skin even can lead to a break and then infections. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 8 natural home remedies for itchy skin that are effective and safe for almost types of skin. This writing is a collection of the best skin recipes for common skin problems from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 8 Natural Home Remedies For Itchy Skin
Here are top 8 natural solutions for itchy skin you are looking for:
Oatmeal includes compounds named avenanthramides, which can reduce inflammation. In addition, oatmeal is commonly used for treating poison ivy and eczema. Here are some ways to use oatmeal for relieving itchy skin:
- Simply, you can add oatmeal into your bath, or you can make a poultice.
- To make your own oatmeal poultice, you add a little amount of water into a bowl or cup of plain, uncooked, organic oatmeal
- Then you let it sit on for some minutes until you see it obtains a paste-like consistency.
- You apply this paste into your itchy area as needed.
See more: Moles, Warts, And Skin Tags Removal Book
This is a wonderful way to reduce itchy skin area quickly.
How to use: you just need to rub or rind onto affected areas with some banana peels or watermelon rinds
Aloe vera is suitable for almost kind of skin irritation. This herb is often used for healing sunburns, soothing the skin and relieving swelling & irritation. Here are some easy steps to use aloe vera for itchy skin:
- You break off 2 leaves of aloe vera from the plant
- Then you cut them open lengthwise from the top to the bottom with a clean knife.
- You scoop out its gooey gel inside
- Then you rub this gel directly onto your irritated skin.
Anti-itch compounds found in basil leaves are named camphor and thymol. These compounds are very good for treating bug bites. In addition, rubbing the leaves onto your affected skin areas will satisfy a compulsive urge to scratch. To use fresh basil leaves for relieving itchy skin, you just need to crush up these leaves and then you rub directly onto your itchy skin.
Recommended reading: Simple Homemade Body Wash Recipes For Your Dry Skin
Peppermint leaves are very great for treating bug bites & itching, because it provides you with a cooling sensation, which will give you the welcome relief. Here are some easy ways to use peppermint leaves for itchy skin:
- You crush up some peppermint leaves and then you rub them onto the skin.
- Even you can freeze these crushed leaves onto ice cubes for cooling. The cold of these ice cubes can help you numb the affected areas & bring down swelling as well as inflammation. You need to use clean and filtered water.
The antiseptic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents found in apple cider vinegar help relieve the itching, especially the itching related to dry skin (such as sunburns and dandruff). In addition, apple cider vinegar is used widely for pets with itchy, dry skin by adding some cupfuls to the bath water.
To use apple cider vinegar for your itchy skin, you need to put some drops of apple cider vinegar onto a washcloth or a cotton ball and then you dab it onto the affected area. You should use unfiltered, raw, organic apple cider vinegar, which contains beneficial bacteria and raw enzymes.
If your itch is caused by an insect bite or dry skin, coconut oil can work effectively for you. The best way to apply coconut oil for itchy skin is to rub some drops of coconut oil directly to the affected area. In case you suffer from an extensive itch all over your body especially during the winter, you should soak into a bathtub of the lukewarm water. Next, you only need to pat yourself dry & apply the coconut oil all over the body.
Lemon is very rich in vitamin C. It also contains bleaching properties, so it becomes one of the great home remedies for itchy skin. Lemon contains the volatile oil, which is able to numb sensations and good for preventing inflammation. To use lemon for treating itchy skin, you can follow some easy steps as below:
- You cut a lemon into some slices
- Then you squeeze out the juice of lemon over the itchy area
- You allow it to air dry & you will soon find some relief.
To get more information about effective homemade remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the writing of top 8 natural home remedies for itchy skin, hope that this writing helps you understand more about health benefits of natural ingredients for relieving the itch and know how to use them in the proper way. However, this writing is solely for the informational purpose and it is not intended to give medical advice. If you have any question, or you know other natural home remedies for itchy skin, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 31 Benefits of coconut oil supplements on hair, skin and health
- List Of 31 Benefits Of Eggplant
- How to live a healthy lifestyle and lose weight
- Top 15 Biological Benefits Of Kiss On The Lips
- 28 Home Remedies For Chickenpox In Children And Adults
- Protein shake ideas for weight loss: 35 best recipes
- Health benefits of probiotics for infants, toddlers & adults
- Stop the ringing review – is Geoff Barker’s tinnitus cure useful?