Large pores are beauty problem that receives much concern from many people because they can cause other skin problems like acne and blackheads, particularly with those who have oily skin. They can also make your skin look unhealthy and aged thereby you may be always annoyed with them.
Excess sebum, with dirt and bacteria, is known as the main cause large pores. The appearance of blackheads is able to make pores larger and more visible. In addition, the long exposure under the sunlight can contribute to causing large pores as it damages the collagen and reduces the resistance of the pore canal walls. And Genetic, poor skin care routine or stress are also considered to be the causes of large pores.
To minimize or remove the large pores, people often use cosmetic products available on the market, but they don’t know that these products can make their problem worse. Instead of chemical products, you can try on some effective home remedies for large pores that you can do by yourself with natural ingredients.
In this article, VKool.com will give you 13 natural and effective home remedies for large pores that use natural ingredients to minimize the pores size as well as prevent acne and blemishes at home. The list of remedies in this article is the best ways and tips to treat your pores problem without any other effect from the reliable source. However, the article is not about to give medical advice, and it is just for the informational purpose. Continue reading the article to see more useful remedies to take care of your skin by yourselves quickly and effectively.
13 Effective Natural Home Remedies For Large Pores On Face & Body
Ice is used as one of home remedies for large pores because it has a function in shrinking the large pores. The remedy is very simple and effective with its skin tightening effect. You can apply the remedy to minimize the size of pores before applying makeup. It also aids the blood circulation and boosts the skin health.
- A few cubes
- A washcloth
- Put the ice cubes in the washcloth and apply it to your skin just for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Use the ice remedy few times a day and reduce the frequency when getting the improvement.
- You can also use ice cold water to wash your face once per day.
- Add green tea, cucumber juice, apple juice or rose water to increase the benefits of the remedy.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is beneficial in tightening the skin, reducing the large pores and storing the pH balance of the skin. Therefore, it is known as a natural astringent or a skin toner and used as one of the home remedies for large pores. Moreover, apple cider vinegar can treat the breakouts of acne with its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 1 cotton ball
- Mix the organic apple cider vinegar and the water.
- Soak the cotton ball in the mixture and spin it on your face.
- Allow the mixture to stay for 5 minutes and rinse it off.
- Do this remedy each evening after cleansing the face and then apply a light moisturizer.
3. Egg Whites
Egg whites have been used to for a long time because of its ability to shrink large pores by toning and tightening the skin. Making egg white mask is an excellent way of home remedies for large pores when it can draw excess oil out of your skin effectively.
Ingredient: 1 egg white
- Separate the egg white out of the yolk and whisk it well.
- Spread the solution evenly on your face.
- Let it completely dry, and then wash it off.
- Apply the mask once or twice a week
Notice: You should cover your face with pieces of tissue as soon as applying the egg white. When the mask dries out, peel them off. This will give a better result. Do this once or twice a week on a regular basis.
4. Egg White & Lemon Juice:
For a better result, you can use lemon juice along with the egg white. When the pores are enlarged, the appearance of acne and blemish is unavoidable. And the citric acid presented in lemons will attack the pigments in the skin, which makes the blemishes less noticeable. Therefore, the combination of egg white and lemon juice creates a mask of home remedies for large pores and whiten the skin.
- 2 egg whites
- The juice of ½ lemon
- Separate the 2 egg whites out of the yolks and whisk them well
- Add the lemon juice in the portion and mix them again.
- Apply the mixture evenly on your face.
- Leave the mask to dry out completely and then keep for more 10 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with cool water.
- Do the remedy few times a week.
Learn more: How to use lemon for acne? 16 effective methods
5. Egg White, Lemon, And Oatmeal
Another way of home remedies for large pores is making a face scrub with egg white, lemon and oatmeal. It is very beneficial in clearing and whitening your hair, which is an effective treatment for large pores.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- Take an egg white and whisk it well.
- Mix the portion with the lemon juice and oatmeal well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on your face, and allow it to dry out
- Keep your face for 30 minutes, scrub it off and rinse it off with cool water.
- Repeat twice a week.
6. Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrub is a very effective way of home remedies for large pores. It has a role in exfoliating skin, removing excess oil and debris in the skin pores, which helps reduce skin pores size. There are 2 recipes for you.
- A lemon wedge
- Place a bit sugar on the lemon wedge and rub it on your entire face.
- Keep your face for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- Repeat the remedy more than e times a week.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Mix up the sugar, olive oil with a few drops of fresh lemon juice well.
- Massage the mixture into your skin gently for a minute and then rinse it off
- Apply the remedy more than twice a week.
7. Baking Soda
Baking soda is also known as an effective way of home remedies for large pores. It acts as an exfoliating agent that removes the excess oil, dirt or debris from the skin. Plus, baking soda can also help in balancing the skin’s pH levels and reducing some skin problems such as acne and pimples with its anti- inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water
- Mix up the baking soda and the lukewarm water.
- Spread the mixture on your face then massage it in a circular motion for 10 seconds.
- Rinse the mask off with cool water.
- Apply the remedy every day for a week. And then decrease the frequency to 3 to 5 times a week for the time later.
8. Multani Mitti
Multani Mitti, also known as Fuller’s earth, is another excellent way of home remedies for large pores. It has the function in absorbing the excess oil and exfoliating the skin. Moreover, it can reduce blemishes, scars and sun- damaged skin.
- 1 teaspoon of rose water
- 2 teaspoons of Multani Mitti
- Mix up the rose water with the Multani Mitti to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your face, and keep it until it completely dry (about 20 minutes)
- Scrub the mask off and then rinse your face off with cool water.
- Apply this mask once or twice a week.
9. Cucumber Juice,Lemon Juice, And Rose Water
Along with lemon juice, cucumber juice, and rose water are also good for your skin, which can help you in treating large pores. Therefore, the combination of 3 ingredients creates an excellent way of home remedies for large pores.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ cup of cucumber juice
- 1 cup of rose water
- Mix up the lemon juice, cucumber juice, and rose water and stir them all the together.
- Apply the mixed water to the skin area with large pores so that it clean, lighten the skin and for shrink the pores as well.
- Use this remedy 2 to 3 times a week
10. Lemon And Pineapple Juice
Using a washcloth along with the lotion of lemon juice and pineapple makes a good solution for large pores. Both of lemon and pineapple juice have natural enzymes that are beneficial in tightening and firming the face along with brightening and purifying the skin. It is an easy way of the home remedies for large pores.
- A washcloth
- 1 cup of pineapple water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix the lotion of the pineapple and lemon juice.
- Put the washcloth in the lotion and apply it your face for 1 minute.
- Rinse your skin off with warm water.
- Notice: If your skin is sensitive, please use a moisturizer before applying the lotion to make sure the citrus will not break your skin.
11. Tomato Lotion
Tomato is commonly used in home remedies for large pores because it has astringent properties that help it remove the excess oil, tighten the skin thereby contribute to minimizing the size of the large pores. In addition, tomato contains lycopene and anti- oxidants that make the aging process slower while repairing skin very fast.
- 1 tablespoon of tomato juice
- 3 to 4 drops of lemon juice
- Mix up the tomato juice with the squeezed lemon juice very well.
- Apply the lotion to your face evenly.
- Leave the lotion to stay on the skin for 15 minutes then rinse it off with water.
- Apply the remedy 2 or 3 times a week.
Yogurt is widely used in natural remedies including home remedies for large pores. It contains lactic acid that functions in minimizing pores size, removing excess oil, getting rid of dead skin cells and tightening the skin. Yogurt also helps remove the blemishes on your skin.
Ingredient: Plain and fresh yogurt (non-sugar and non-flavor)
- Choose type of yogurt as recommended
- Apply it to your skin before taking a bath and keep it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your skin with cool water
13. Eat Healthy
Keeping a proper diet is always considered as the best way to make your skin look younger and nicer. There are some tips for a diet that you should follow to nourish your skin in general and remove the large pores in particular.
- Get a diet rich in whole grains, lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Drink a lot of water instead of caffeine or sugary drinks, and remember not to drink too much milk a day because it can make the acne problem worse.
- Take in a variety of vitamin A, B, C. Vitamin C particularly helps reduce scars, wrinkles, and lines.
- Oranges are recommended to eat to produce firmer skin with rebuild collagen, which contributes to increasing the elasticity of the skin and reduce the pore walls.
To get more information about home remedies for health, go to our main Home remedies page. After reading top 13 natural and effective home remedies for large pores, hope that you can know more some natural ways to minimize the pores size or as well as prevent acne and blemishes. These 13 remedies are actually natural, safe, and effective for your skin problem. But remember to try the recipes only after doing a small test, seeing your body reaction, and then continue using them. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other home remedies for large pores.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 8 natural home remedies for goiter pain: amazing treatments
- 34 Home Remedies for Ant Bites Swelling and Itching
- How to treat lupus disease with diet – 6 tips
- 11 tips on how to use baking soda for blackheads on nose
- Top 10 Health Benefits Of Oregano
- How to get rid of corns on feet and toes naturally: 10 safe tips
- Basic and general facts about Down syndrome – 6 facts
- How to cure asthma at home without medication – 6 tips