Numbness means that you lack touch sensation in the feet and hands. You can notice some common symptoms of this condition if you suffer from burning or tingling sensations, weakness or sharp pain of your affected area. Numbness is a very popular problem. Usually, this condition lasts only several minutes. Hence, you do not concern about it too much. However, if you suffer from numbness frequently during long periods, you should immediately meet your doctor to get the exact diagnosis. This prolonged condition can be an early sign of a health problem requiring appropriate treatment. In fact, having numbness in the feet and hands can make you quite discomfort. Fortunately, you may get rid of this problem easily with the help of some simple home remedies for numbness. Now, this writing in VKool page will show you natural home remedies for numbness in feet and hands. You can apply any of them easily at home if you suffer from numbness.
Top 15 Home Remedies For Numbness In Feet And Hands You Should Know
To apply these home remedies for numbness effective, you firstly known the main reason causing this condition. In fact, there are several common reasons which cause numbness, including exposing to cold objects, constant pressure on your feet and hands, a nerve injury, temporary nerve compression, smoking, excessive drinking, lack of activity, fatigue, a deficiency of nutrients such as magnesium or vitamin B12. Sometimes, medical conditions, such as diabetes, an underactive thyroid, carpal tunnel syndrome, multiple sclerosis, and migraines, also contribute to causing this problem.
Here are some natural home remedies for numbness in feet and hands, which I collected. You can apply any of them to aid in treating numbness faster:
Apply massage therapy is first of top 15 home remedies for numbness in your feet and hands. This effective therapy is beneficial in increasing blood circulation, thus lessening numbness. In addition, it also has helped you to promote the muscles and nerves and thereby speeding up their overall functioning.
How to use:
- Just heat a bit of olive oil or coconut oil and then put in on your palm.
- Then apply it directly on your numb area.
- Remember to massage gently in a circular motion with the help of your fingers for 2 to 5 minutes.
- You can repeat this process as needed.
2. Home Remedies For Numbness With Rosemary
Rosemary is very effective for treating numbness in your feet and hands. It can not only add flavor to your foods but also is a natural herbal treatment for many diseases and health problems. You can find rosemary oil available in many supermarkets and mix it with a type of carrier oils. After mixing them well, you use this oil mixture to dab your affected area for a while. Or you can apply this herb internally by adding to your favorite tea, stews, and gravies.
Learn more: 10 Health Benefits Of Rosemary
Turmeric is loaded with a compound named curcumin which is able to stimulate the blood flow throughout the body. Additionally, this herb contains anti-inflammatory property that is responsible for easing pain along with discomfort in your affected area.
How to use:
- You add a teaspoon of powdered turmeric in a cup filled with milk.
- Then you heat this turmeric milk mixture at a low heat level.
- After the mixture gets warms, you remove it from the flame and add a bit of honey in it.
- Yous stir well and drink 1 cup of this mixture every day to improve circulation.
- Besides, you can mix the turmeric powder with enough water and then use this turmeric paste to massage your numb area for several minutes.
4. Home Remedies For Numbness With Thyme
If you are looking for some natural herbal home remedies for numbness in your feet and hands, thyme is an incredible herbal treatment that can help yo to deal with this problem. You can add thyme in broths and soups to aid in enhancing their flavors. Apart from adding flavors for meals, it will work well as a medicine for treating numbness. Thyme is easily found in the market and is a friend treatment to this condition. However, if you want to get relief from numbness for a long time, you should add it in your foods regularly.
Cinnamon is known as a natural herb that can aid you a lot in keeping numbness at bay. Cinnamon possesses plenty of nutrients and chemicals, which include many important B vitamins, manganese, and potassium. Thanks to nutritional properties, cinnamon will assist in improving the blood flow through your legs and arms, thus helping to cure numbness in feet and hands better.
How to use:
- Simply mix a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon in 1 glass of lukewarm water and consume it once per day.
- Another way is to combine the cinnamon powder with honey at an equal ratio and consume it every morning for several weeks.
- It is recommended by experts that taking two to four grams of powdered cinnamon every day is very good for blood circulation.
Cayenne is one of the natural home remedies for numbness in feet and hands. This spice has a rich source of potassium and manganese and is also loaded with vitamin A, C, and E. Cayenne pepper is extremely useful for dealing with problems associated with blood circulation. You can easily add cayenne in soups, broths, and salads to aid in the healing process.
Another choice to consume cayenne is to mix it with garlic or ginger. Both ginger and garlic are very helpful for your blood circulation and nervous system. This solution will not only have a good flavor but also have a positive effect on treating ailments like numbness in your feet and hands.
7. Elevate Your Numb Area
In order to ease numbness in your feet and hands caused by poor circulation, you can apply elevation on your affected areas. You simply elevate your numb area for a while to aid in improving blood circulation. As soon as the blood flows to your affected area, it will help your numb area to come back to normal, thus numbness will disappear. With this application, you may put your legs and hands on some pillows, which will keep them elevated.
8. Home Remedies For Numbness With Avocado
At times, the lack of minerals and nutrients is also a contributor to causing numbness in your feet and hands and hence, it is very necessary to supply minerals and nutrients for getting rid of this problem. Avocado contains a high source of effective vitamins and minerals, which, in turn, is capable of curing these deficiencies and improving the blood supply to other body parts.
To sum up, you should consume avocado recipes on a regular basis to ease the symptoms of this problem as well as prevent its recurrence.
9. Increase The Intake Of Magnesium
If your body lacks magnesium, it may also cause numbness in your feet and hands. Magnesium is known as an essential mineral to help your nervous system have a smooth functioning and aid in a better blood circulation.
Hence, you should consume more foods rich in magnesium such as nuts, dark green vegetables, oatmeal, seeds, cold-water fish, peanut butter, bananas, soybeans, low-fat yogurt, and dark chocolate. Also, you can take 350 mg of magnesium supplements every day, but do not forget to get your doctor's advice to have the correct dosage.
10. Home Remedies For Numbness With Mustard Oil
Mustard oil is another of home remedies for numbness in your feet and hands, which you can easily apply. Mustard oil is very effective for reducing the tingling sensation and also strengthening your muscles. To apply this mustard oil, you just warm up a bit of mustard oil and then massage it gently into your numb area on a daily basis.
11. Eat More Foods Rich In B Vitamins
To avoid numbness along with tingling sensations in the feet and hands, it is very necessary to consume foods rich in B vitamins, particularly vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. Both two vitamins are very important for you to have a healthy nerve functioning while the deficiency of these B vitamins can lead to numbness in some certain body parts such as arms, hands, legs, and fingers.
Hence, you have to include more foods rich in vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 in the daily diet. Some useful choices are eggs, fortified cereals, meats, bananas, fish, beans, milk, oatmeal, yogurt, cheese, dried fruits, nuts, and seeds. You may even have an intake of vitamin B-complex supplement 2 times daily, but only after you see and consult your doctor.
12. Ginkgo Biloba
Being a common herb used in Ayurveda, ginkgo Biloba is considered as one of the simple home remedies for numbness. It will promote the blood flow through all over your body, thus helping to reduce and prevent the problems related to numbness.
Ginkgo biloba is available found in the market in supplement or tablet form. 40 grams of ginkgo Biloba for 3 times daily is the general dosage for treating numbness. However, you should meet an expert before taking ginkgo Biloba internally because it has the ability to interfere with some certain medications.
13. Home Remedies For Numbness With Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is also able to ease numbness because the magnesium sulfate crystals content in Epsom salt can be able to increase the level of magnesium in your body as well as improve blood circulation. Here is one of the simple home remedies for numbness with Epsom salt, which you may try applying:
- At first, you mix the Epsom salt (about ½ cup) in a small tub that is filled with lukewarm water.
- You stir well and then soak your feet and hands directly in this Epsom salt water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remember to repeat this process several times weekly.
Note: People who suffer from kidney problems or diabetes cannot apply this remedy.
14. Do Exercise
Exercise has the ability to boost blood circulation and pump oxygen through all other body parts, and thereby protect your body from tingling sensations and numbness. Moreover, doing exercise regularly is capable of improving mobility and also keeping many health problems at bay.
- You just do simple hand and foot exercises for 12 to 15 minutes every morning. Also, during working time, you can do curls and stretches to exercise your wrists, arms, legs, and hands.
- Aerobic exercises and cardiovascular workouts 30 minutes per day for 5 days weekly also helps you a lot to keep numbness at bay.
- Keep bicycling, walking, swimming or jogging regularly also has a positive effect on improving blood circulation.
- Do not forget to stretch before workouts and also wear suitable exercise shoes.
Note: Avoid doing high-impact exercises if it leads to numbness in the feet and hands.
15. Warm Compress
Warm compress not only aids you in treating numbness but also is very easy to apply. It is able to increase the blood flowing to your numb area. Plus, applying warm compress will help the nerves and muscles in the numb area get relaxed.
How to use:
- Firstly dip a clean washcloth in lukewarm water.
- Then, wring out the water and put it directly on your numb area for 5 to 8 minutes.
- You can reapply this many times daily until the numbness is removed completely.
- Besides, you can use a heating pad or enjoy a warm shower to reduce discomfort caused by numbness.
Home Remedies For Numbness – Additional Tips
You should apply home remedies for numbness above, combined with the below additional tips, to help you accelerate the healing process:
- If you suffer from numbness caused by staying in place for a long period, you can slowly move around to help improve blood circulation.
- Do not remain for long periods without removing around, particularly when you watch TV or work on the computer.
- Limit the consumption of alcoholic and caffeine drinks because they can decrease blood circulation.
- Drink an adequate amount of water during your day to avoid the condition of dehydration, which will contribute to causing poor blood circulation.
- You should also consume more green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits and avoid refined and processed foods.
- Avoid cigarettes and also many tobacco products overloading your nervous system.
- Besides, you should lose weight to decrease numbness in the feet and hands.
Related article: 24 Natural Home Remedies For Neuropathy Pain In Feet And Hands
You can find more writing about other health conditions at our main Home remedies page. If you want to ask us about any home remedies for numbness in feet and hands above, freely leave them below. I will check and answer you soon. In addition, let share you experience with us if you also know any other home remedies for numbness in feet and hands.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 6 Health Benefits Of Swiss Chard
- How to get rid of puffy eyelids fast and naturally – 13 tips
- How to treat Crohn’s disease naturally at home – 13 tips
- 10 Health & Nutritional Benefits Of Blueberries You Should Know
- How to treat pulmonary embolism naturally at home – 7 tips
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Altitude Sickness
- Health benefits of probiotics for infants, toddlers & adults
- 9 Home remedies for flu in children and adults