Honey contains hidden medicinal and nutritional values for centuries. Its benefits and virtue have long been proved and announced by scientists, philosophers and Ayurveda. Honey is useful for both beauty and health. Honey is a natural, cost-cutting and effective way if you have damaged and dry hair. You can use it in the form of hair masks and packs for revitalizing your damaged and dry hair. Here VKool.com will show some best remedies to use honey with a few common items from your kitchen in order to make hair masks and packs for caring damaged and dry hair. These honey hair mask recipes also help you get lustrous and healthy hair at home. Let’s start!
7 Recipes To Make Honey Hair Mask For Dry Hair You Should Not Ignore
1. Honey With Olive Oil
Honey comes with minerals, vitamins and also is an antibacterial agent. Plus it works as humectants and keeps moisture for your hair. Besides, it’s one natural emollient that conditions the hair deeply, making them softer. Moreover, it’s a natural antioxidant making scalp healthy and also allows hair growth fast. Olive oil is one of the most excellent oil for dry hair. This is packed with antioxidants, which can keep your scalp skin in better condition. Besides, olive oil massages can encourage the blood circulation in your scalp. Here is the recipe:
- 5 to 6 tbsp of olive oil
- 7 to 8 tbsp of honey
- Take a bowl and next put raw honey as per your hair length into the bowl.
- After that, add olive oil (a few drops) into the bowl having the raw honey.
- Use a tablespoon to mix it well. Now apply this ready pack on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for a minimum of 40 to 45 minutes.
- After this, wash your hair by using warm water and a mild shampoo.
- Follow this method about twice or thrice in a month. This hair pack is will offer you awesome results against dry hair.
2. Banana And Honey Hair Mask
Honey and banana combination works as a natural moisturizer for the hair, which can restore dry hair. Click To Tweet Bananas boosts hair, lessens breakage by restoring the hair’s natural elasticity, and encourages repair of damaged hair due to its potassium. Banana also has natural oils and around 75% water so that they moisturize your hair. Further, banana is loaded with vitamin A, C, E and B6, as well as iron and zinc. It also helps your hair be shinny and dandruff free. It can cure the split ends problem too. Here is the method:
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 ripe banana
- First of all, take a ripe banana. Next, peel and mash it with a back fork.
- Now in a small bowl, put the mashed banana. After this, add raw honey (half cup), into the same bowl having mashed banana.
- For better consistency, add several drops of water. Use a tablespoon to mix it well.
- After this, apply this mask to the hair.
- Keep it on the hair for around 30 to 35 minutes and at last, wash out by using a mild shampoo.
- You should apply this mask two times in one week for better results.
Read on: Top 12 Banana Hair Masks
3. Egg And Honey Hair Mask
Eggs are a rich source of protein. As applied to hair, the egg will help boost the hair follicles and makes hair smoother, shiny by showing natural conditioning to your hair. Thus, this honey hair mask is a perfect for treating dry hair. Here is the recipe:
- A cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- First of all, beat two eggs and in a bowl collect the egg white.
- Then, add honey to this egg white and well mix both ingredients.
- Now apply this mask properly on your scalp and hair. Leave it for about half an hour.
- Finally, rinse off your hair with plain water plus a mild shampoo as normal.
- To cure dry hair, use this pack thrice a month. This mask is suitable for all types of hair.
Keep reading this post to know more other honey hair masks for dry skin!
4. Simple Honey Hair Mask
As you know, honey is rich in minerals and vitamins that are useful for hair care. Honey also comprises of antiseptic and antibacterial qualities too. This gives our scalp prevention from psoriasis or infections and tends to keep the scalp clean as well as bacteria-free. Also, it keeps you away from itchiness and dandruff on your scalp. Last but not least, honey repairs dry hair, thus bringing back the lost shine and sheen of your hair. Here is the process for honey hair mask:
- Half cup of honey
- A few drops of water
- The first step is to add ½ cup of honey in a bowl. Next, add some drops of fresh water.
- Stir it properly with the help of a teaspoon.
- Now apply this mask on your scalp and keep it 30 to 40 minutes.
- Thereafter, wash by using plain water and your mild and regular shampoo. It is advisable to apply this pack two times in a week.
- You will notice results within one month.
5. Coconut Oil, Buttermilk And Honey Hair Mask
Coconut oil in this mask is packed with antioxidants and comes with antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It also enhances the overall health of your scalp, combats against infection and fungus. Plus, it promotes hair health and adds volume to the hair as well. Moreover, it offers shiny, lustrous and thick hair without the common bad chemicals. Buttermilk is one natural pro-biotic and loaded with lactic acid. When applied on your scalp and hair, it cools your scalp and gives natural nourishment to hair as well. Here is the method:
- 2 tbsp of raw honey
- 1tbsp of buttermilk
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- At first, pour coconut oil in one bowl and next put it on the stove or in the microwave to make it warm (not hot).
- Then, add buttermilk and honey to this warm coconut oil and now stir it well.
- After that, apply this prepared mixture on your clean hair and scalp.
- Put on one shower cap on the head. Allow it to sit on your hair for half an hour and later rinse it off two times to ensure that the pack is removed completely. Remove the pack by using a mild shampoo.
- You should use this pack once per week to notice the results right away.
6. Honey And Hibiscus Flower
Hibiscus flower is loaded with vitamin C, phosphorus, riboflavin and calcium that make this flower give great hair care. To make this pack, follow these steps below:
- Half cup of raw honey
- Some drops of olive oil
- 5-6 hibiscus flowers
- First of all, crush the hibiscus flowers with the help of a food processor or pestle to make the paste of it.
- Now add olive oil and honey to this paste and then mix all the ingredients really well.
- Thereafter, apply this solution on your scalp and hair.
- Leave it applied for half an hour and then rinse off with your regular shampoo.
- You should use this pack once per week to tackle dull, damaged and dry hair.
7. Honey With Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar comes with antifungal and antibacterial properties that help deal with itchy, dry scalp. Here is the method:
- 10 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of organic raw honey
- You just need to mix together honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Then, apply it on your hair, and let it sit for 15 minutes. At last, rinse out by using warm water.
Read on: Total Hair Regrowth Review
In order to get more useful and informative articles related to taking care of your hair, please visit our main Beauty page. Have you ever used honey hair mask for dry hair? How did honey help your hair? Please share your view with us in the comments section below.