Bed bug bites are brownish, oval, and small insects that live on the skin or blood. This condition does not fly, but they can move quickly over the ceilings, walls, and floors. Female bed bugs have a lot of eggs and they have a lot of sizes. Bedbugs usually appear at night and bite you when you are sleeping. They will withdraw your blood pierce the skin and cause your skin red. In this comprehensive article, VKool.com will show you top 20 tips on how to get rid of bed bug bites on your skin naturally and effectively. However, you should go to see the doctor if the problem is serious. Now keep reading it and learn how to treat the bites with natural ways.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bug Bites On Your Skin Naturally
Being great in anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, oatmeal is an excellent ingredient that can reduce itching, irritation on your skin, especially when you get bed bug bites. Oatmeal is also good in treating psoriasis and eczema. how to get rid of bed bug bites on your skin with oatmeal at home? let follow this instruction:
- Method 1:
- Mix some teaspoons of oatmeal with some water to make a good paste.
- Apply it on the affected area for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with fresh water.
- Do it several times for some days.
- Method 2:
- Add ½ cup of oatmeal into warm water.
- You also can add some peppermint essential oil.
- Soak in the water for 15 minutes.
- Do it for several days.
Learn more: The Book On Scabies Treatment
Toothpaste is not only used for brushing your teeth, but it is very useful in burning sensations and reducing the itching. how to get rid of bed bug bites with toothpaste? Let do it with following instruction:
- Use white toothpaste and dab it on the affected region.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Repeat it if necessary.
3. Tea Bags
Tea bags are used for some skin conditions including bed bug bites. This ingredient can reduce swelling, itching, and rashes on the skin very well due to its anesthetic and astringent properties. Here is the way to use tea bags for healing bed bug bites:
- After drinking tea, you can take advantage of tea bags by cooling them in the refrigerator for 30minutes.
- Put it on the affected area for 15 minutes.
- Then repeat it if needed.
Cucumber is a great snack for everyone and do you know that it can help you treat bed bug bites effectively? This fruit contains caffeic acid and vitamin C as well as anti-inflammatory property that can decrease swelling and itching on your skin. You can follow this:
- Slice a cucumber into pieces.
- Apply on the affected skin for 10-15 minutes.
- You can put cucumber in the refrigerator before applying it.
- You can do several times each day.
5. Ice Pack
The ice pack is also an effective remedy for treating numb, rashes, itching, and swelling caused by bed bug bites. How to get rid of bed bug bites on your skin with an ice pack? Here is the method:
- Take some ice cubes and wrap them in a towel.
- Put the towel on the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- Do it several times each day.
6. Baking Soda
Having anti-inflammatory property, baking soda works well for bed bug bites. This ingredient can reduce redness, swelling, and rashes from the skin problem. You can get rid of bed bug bites by following this instruction:
- Combine some teaspoons of water with a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Apply the mixture on the affected region for 10 minutes.
- Washing off with fresh water.
- Do it several times daily.
How to get rid of bed bug bites with natural ingredients in your kitchen? Keep reading and find out more.
7. Lemon Juice
Being great in natural, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties, lemon juice is worth using in bed bug bite treatment. This ingredient can keep itching, redness, and swelling at bay. The solution is:
- Prepare a cotton ball and dip it in lemon juice.
- Dab it on the affected part.
- Let it dry naturally before rinsing off with water.
- Do it several times per day.
8. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is commonly used for cleansing the face and it includes tannins that can help you reduce itching from the bed bug bites. How to get rid of bed bug bites with witch hazel? Let do it:
- Prepare a cotton ball, witch hazel.
- Soak the cotton ball in the witch hazel and put it on the affected region for 10 minutes.
- Do it several times daily.
9. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has soothing property and it contains amino acids, active compounds that can calm your burning, itching from the bed bug bites. This ingredient also moisturizes your skin very well and here is the way to use it for your problem:
- Take some fresh aloe vera leaves.
- Extract its gel and apply it on the affected skin.
- You can store the remaining aloe vera gel in the refrigerator.
- Apply the method several times each day.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another great treatment for bed bug bites and other insect bites is apple cider vinegar, which can relieve burning, itching from bed bug bites. This ingredient has anti-inflammatory properties that can treat your problem shortly. How to get rid of bed bug bites with vinegar?
- Prepare some apple cider vinegar and apply it on the affected skin.
- Let it dry naturally before rinsing off with fresh water.
- Apply the method several times each day.
- You can replace apple cider vinegar by white vinegar.
11. Have Warm Bath
Taking a warm bath not only helps you relax, but it also helps you treat bed bug bites very well. This is very simple to control the itching from the bites.
- You can add some peppermint oil, oatmeal powder, baking soda into warm water.
- Have a bath every day to relieve the discomfort from the problem.
12. Check The Bites Carefully
In fact, bed bug bites are similar to other insect bites like mosquito bites, so it seems to be difficult to realize it. Even doctor cannot diagnosis the bites by viewing them. As the result, you should check the be bug bites carefully and some bites might appear alone, some bites can appear in a row. You can check bed bug bites by:
- Looking for the red spots on the sheets. They can point that a bed bug squashed after feeding.
- Checking the mattress, bed bugs, carcasses, feces, empty skins, etc.
13. Keep Good Hygiene
Whenever knowing that you are getting bed bug bites, you should wash all the fabrics, items, or any cloths that can bed bugs can live in. You can wash sheets, lines, mattress with hot water to kill the bed bugs naturally. Make sure that the water should be extremely hot to kill the bed bugs effectively. Moreover, you can use a vacuum to cleanse the cots, wardrobes, tables, computers, beds, etc. bed bugs can live in the cracks, corners so you need to have help from the vacuum. After vacuuming, you can wiping down all the areas to make sure that they are clear and clean.
14. Steam And Encase The Pillows And Mattresses
Steaming is also a good way to do if you want to kill bed bugs. Hot steam might fight bed bugs very well as they cannot breathe in hot temperature. Cleaning, steaming, or washing the mattresses and pillows might not be enough, you can encase all the items to kill bed bugs entirely. By doing this method, you can prevent the bites on the neck and face very well.
15. Use Alcohol
Alcohol in some cases can help you a lot in healing some problems in life. You can use this drink entirely to treat bed bug bites. The simple method is:
- Rub some alcohol on the infected area.
- You also can spray it on the bed bug bites to clean the area as well as reduce the redness and infection.
16. Tea Tree Oil
Like other natural ingredients for bed bug bites, tea tree oil is very helpful for treating the problem due to its strong smell. This ingredient can keep the bed bugs stay away and you will reduce the risk of getting this very well. You just need to spray tea tree oil around the bed to prevent the bed bugs visit. Whenever suffering this condition, you can apply the tea tree oil on the affected area before sleeping.
17. Lavender Oil
Lavender is a great herb for treating bed bugs due to its smell. Lavender oil can repel the bed bugs shortly just with this method:
- Place dried lavender between the pieces of cloth.
- Sew them around.
- Apply on the affected area or leave it in your room.
- You can use lavender oil to rub on the floor, frame, and other regions to get rid of bed bugs and prevent the bites.
18. Use Soap
In order to eliminate bed bug bites naturally, you can use milk soap to wash your hands.
- When getting this problem, you use a soap bar and some water, wash your hands.
- You also rub a lather with soap on the affected area. Leave it dry naturally.
- You will relieve itching and swelling in the next morning.
- Make sure that you wash your hands with mild soaps every day to keep good hygiene.
19. Dry Your Clothes
Along with cleaning the room, floor, and washing the clothes, mattress, pillows, you should dry your clothes you usually wear with a dryer. The reason is that dyer releases high temperature and the bed bugs cannot live with it. The dryer will damage the infections in rugs, toys, backpacks, and clothing.
20. Use Diatomaceous Earth
How to use diatomaceous earth to get rid of bed bug bites? The main ingredient in it is the soil and the edges of the soil can cut the bed bugs effectively. Excessive bleeding will cause the bed bugs die. So how to get rid of bed bug bites with diatomaceous earth? You can sprinkle it around the bed and prevent their attacks.
21. Use Cold Milk
Milk is healthy for you as it strengthen your health, but it also helps you get rid of bed bug bites effectively. You might do the following direction to eliminate bed bug bites at home:
- Mix equal parts of water and cold milk.
- Use a cotton ball and dip it in the mixture.
- Apply on the affected area to relieve itching.
- Do it several times daily to get the best result.
If you want to learn more useful tips and tricks on how to take care of your health, you might visit our main How To page. After reading the articles about 21 tips on how to get rid of bed bug bites, I think that you have got some helpful solutions for treating the problem on your skin effectively. Those remedies are natural so they are really safe and simple to follow, as the result, you totally can do it every day at home. However, for taking supplements, you should ask a doctor before having them. If you have any question or any comment, please leave it below.
Related articles on the bites:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Clear skin diet meal plan: top 28 tips
- Top 10 Benefits Of Cornmeal For Health, Hair, And Skin
- Surgery-Free Remedy For Bow Legs review – Elena Johnson’s ebook
- 18 health benefits of walking everyday outside instead of driving
- 10 Home remedies for vaginal itching
- 71 Best Ways To Lose Stomach Fat Fast
- Premature ejaculation treatment: natural ways & at home exercises
- Tips & home remedies for sweaty feet and hands