Having a strong, long hair with good shine and volume is a common dream of everyone. Nowadays, hair loss is a common problem around the world. Some causes of hair loss are dry scalp, nutritional lack, excessive intake of tobacco and alcohol. Here this article recommends some of the best ways to use lemon for hair loss. Hair fall and dandruff are the two main reasons behind the problem of hair loss. To solve this problem, there are many ways for you to choose. But, you should use natural remedies because they are safe and inexpensive. Lemon juice is one of such remedies. Lemon is a powerful source of Vitamin B, C, folic acid, and important minerals such as magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. It gives numerous beauty and health benefits. Here is the article of 10 ways on how to use lemon for hair loss. Now keep reading it at VKool.com to understand more.
10 Ways On How To Use Lemon For Hair Loss You Should Know
1. Lemon Juice Hair Therapy
Lemon juice not only helps you to lose weight but also treats hair loss efficiently.
This way helps to get rid of dandruff from scalp to enhance healthy hair growth. As we know, lemons are a great source of vitamin C that aid in making hair stronger and longer. Plus, fresh lemon juice enhances hair growth by strengthening your hair follicles. In addition, limonene present in lemon juice provides a shiny look to dry and frizzy hair. Moreover, lemon juice contains the anti-fungal property that removes dandruff causing fungus and also alleviates other scalp infection as well. Last but not least, the acidic property found in lemon removes dust, dead cells as well as other harmful deposits from hair and scalp. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to use lemon for hair loss:
- Simply cut a fresh lemon into 2 pieces. Next, directly squeeze the fresh lemon juice from that lemon on hair and scalp.
- Gently massage your scalp using the squeezed lemon wedge. Let the juice rest on hair for ten minutes.
- Finally, wash hair by using a shampoo. For best results, repeat the remedy two times a week.
2. Lemon Oil, Olive Oil, And Castor Oil
Olive oil in this recipe comprises of vitamins and the essential fatty acids that help in nourishing hair from your scalp to the root. In addition, this oil also has large quantities of antioxidants that give adequate nourishment to your scalp. Vitamin E found in olive oil gives deep conditioning to your scalp, hair strands and hair follicles from roots to tips, thus making your hair smooth, soft, breathable and manageable. Moreover, the oil is a natural disinfectant that helps combat against bacterial as well as fungal infections. Last but not least, olive oil protects against hair conditions such as lice, dandruff, and yeast. Besides olive oil, castor oil also contains vitamin E, minerals, omega-6 fatty acids, and proteins, which are all vital for the health of your scalp and hair. Thus, the oil helps with hair loss and hair regrowth. It also treats dry scalp and dandruff as well. Castor oil also helps to make the hair longer, stronger and thicker. How to use lemon for hair loss? Follow these steps:
- Take 1 tablespoon of lukewarm olive oil in a bowl and next, mix it with ½ tablespoon of warm castor oil.
- Then, to the bowl add 3 lemon oil drops and stir it well.
- Now apply this warm oil on your scalp and hair. Gently massage for around 5 to 10 minutes or keep the oil overnight.
- It is recommended to follow the remedy at least two times a week.
3. Lemon Juice Rinse
The method is:
- The first step is to shampoo your hair to removes oil, dust, and other dirt particles. After shampoo, you place lemon juice and rinse completely. This will assist you to clean hair and make sure healthy hairs.
- Now squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon in a quarter bucket filled with water.
- Then, rinse your hair using this water after a shampooing the hair.
4. Lemon Juice With Coconut Water
Coconut water encourages hair growth due to the presence of potassium in it. Additionally, massaging your scalp with it can be very effective in improving your hair health. It helps increase blood circulation to the scalp, which reduces hair fall and strengthens your roots. Moreover, coconut water gives your hair with moisture as well as deep conditions it. It makes your hair glossier, bouncier, and shinier. The method is:
- In a bowl, take ¼ cup of fresh coconut water. Later mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Now apply the liquid on the scalp and gently massage for 10 minutes.
- Then, sit back and rest for 20 minutes. Afterwards, rinse hair by using lukewarm water.
- Repeat the method once in a week to obtain desired results.
5. Aloe Vera And Lemon For Hair Loss
Basically, aloe vera can help in preventing frequent hair loss and promoting hair growth. This plant comprises of moisturizing and anti-fungal property that helps to cleanse the scalp, accelerates hair growth and locks in natural moisture as well. Additionally, aloe vera also contains proteolytic enzymes that get rid of dead cells. Furthermore, it offers your hair with moisture, making it glossy and smooth. How to use lemon
for hair loss? Follow these instructions:
- First of all, take an aloe leaf and next extract the gel from it to collect about 2 tbsp. Then, mix 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Now use a brush to apply the mixture on hair and scalp.
- Gently massage your scalp for about 10 minutes.
- Relax for around 20 to 25 minutes and afterwards, rinse it off by using water.
6. Lemon Oil, Camphor Oil, And Coconut
Coconut oil in this recipe contains the lauric acid that helps bind to the protein in the hair and protects both the strands and roots of hair from breakage. Additionally, the natural antioxidants, as well as nutrients like vitamin E, K and iron housed in coconut oil, encourages hair growth and regrowth as well. Besides, the oil contains both antibacterial and antifungal characteristic to protect against potential bacterial or fungal issues that limit hair growth. Camphor oil comprises of antiseptic, anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties which help to fight off lice, stimulate new hair growth, and fight hair fall as well. It also gives instant relief from the itchy scalp. Follow these steps:
- In a bowl, take 2 tbsp of coconut oil and next add 2 drops of lemon plus camphor oil.
- Now gently massage your scalp and hair for 10 minutes and keep it overnight.
- In the morning, take a towel, dip it in warm water and then wrap your hair with it for 10 minutes.
- Finally, unwrap towel as well as wash hair by using an herbal shampoo.
Learn more: 9 Homemade Shampoo Recipes Using Coconut Oil
7. Lemon Juice, Egg, And Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This is also one of the useful ways to use lemon for hair loss. Eggs in this recipe are power houses of vitamins, proteins, and fatty acids that help nourish your hair extensively. Plus, the egg yolk contains fatty acids that help in enhancing the skin on your scalp, thus fighting flaky scalp, dandruff, and psoriasis. Lecithin present in egg yolk also helps in decreasing frizz and also making hair smooth. It also prevents hair loss. Vitamin A in eggs helps prevent drying of your scalp and encourages hair growth as well as prevents hair loss. Besides, biotin in the egg also helps to keep healthier follicles and roots of the hair. Last but not least, eggs are powerful sources of beneficial minerals like zinc, sulfur, iron, iodine, phosphorous, and also of calcium, sodium, magnesium, and potassium. All these elements help inhibit hair loss by strengthening your hair. The method is:
- In a bowl, beat an egg and to it add half lemon juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Then, stir it well.
- Now apply this mask on scalp and hair. Leave the mask to dry.
- Finally, wash with water. Repeat this remedy for a week.
8. Lemon Juice, Coconut Oil And Curry Leaves
This solution will assist you to clean your scalp, promotes hair growth and nourishes scalp as well. Curry leaves are also a great remedy for healthy and thick hair. The leaves are a rich source of beta-carotene and proteins. Proteins inhibit hair thinning, whereas beta-carotene aids in preventing hair loss. Besides, they are also high in amino acids that aid in preventing hair loss as well as strengthening hair follicles. Furthermore, curry leaves have antioxidants that moisturize your scalp and help in getting rid of dead hair follicles. Therefore, this is a very useful way to use lemon for hair loss. Here are detailed instructions:
- In a blender, add about 5 to 6 fresh leaves of curry, half lemon juice and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Then, blend well to form a smooth paste.
- Now apply the paste on your hair and scalp.
- Keep it overnight and after this, wash the hair by using herbal shampoo.
9. Lemon Juice And Mustard Oil
Mustard oil works as one hair vitalizer to fight baldness and hair loss as well as treat damaged and dry hair. The oil prevents scalp infections by preventing fungal growth and maintaining it hydrated. If you use mustard regularly, it can promote the hair growth and get rid of hair loss too. Additionally, vitamins A and E, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and calcium strengthen the hair naturally and inhibit hair loss. Read below the instructions to use mustard oil and lemon for hair loss.
- In a bowl, take 3-4 tablespoons of mustard oil. Then, add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to it and mix it well.
- Now apply this mixture on your scalp and hair. Keep it for about 1-2 hours.
- Rinse it off by using water first and followed by herbal shampoo to alleviate stickiness of oil.
Read on: Total Hair Regrowth Review
10. Lemon Juice And Henna Pack
As we know, henna is mainly used for coloring hair. Besides, it also helps in preventing dandruff and nourishing your hair and scalp by making it healthy and smooth. Moreover, henna works as a conditioner for the hair and also helps it grow more quickly. This is also the best method to use lemon for hair loss.
- The first step is to take a small cup of natural henna powder and to it add an enough amount of yogurt and 1 fresh lemon juice. Then mix well until a smooth paste is formed.
- Keep it for one hour in a bowl. Now apply the pack on your hair.
- Keep the pack until it dries.
- Wash it off after half an hour if you do not want to color the hair.
Read on: 15 Best Henna Hair Masks
You can go to our main Beauty page in order to get more information related to useful tips and natural remedies for taking care of your hair. Have you ever used lemon for hair loss? How did lemon juice help you? Share your thoughts with us in the comments box given below.