The common anemia symptoms include weakness, tiredness, fast heartbeat, erosion, shortness of breath, pale skin, cold feet’s and hands, headache, and in several cases tongue become smooth, shiny and inflamed. There are a lot of possible treatments to fight anemia without taking any high dose medication. A healthier diet is very vital for you if you’re anemic. In this article, Vkool.com will show you natural healthy foods for anemia: 21 best choices. The writing collected a list of foods for anemia from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this post to learn these foods for anemia in more detail!
Natural Healthy Foods For Anemia: 21 Best Choices You Should Know
Some certain foods are very useful in treating anemia. Click To Tweet Beans are one of the best foods for anemia. So you need to make them in a proper way in order to get the benefit. Since beans are the powerful source of Iron, it’s the best food if you’re anemic. Additionally, beans are the low-fat and high-protein food to fight anemia. A cup of any of beans gives 5mg of iron.
- Must use boiled beans (half a cup) in your diet.
- You need to soak these beans in warm water entire night before cooking to decrease the phytic acid of the beans.
General speaking, spinach is one very healthy green vegetable which aids in preventing anemia. Particularly, spinach is the good source of iron, B9, fiber, calcium, vitamin A, as well as beta-carotene. It assists you to enhance the overall health of the body. According to one research report, a cup of boiled spinach has 3.2mg iron. So ensure that you must take spinach in the daily diet to raise the blood in the body.
- You can use spinach in one salad; try to raise the quantity of spinach in the daily diet. Or, you may use it with some other vegetables such as kale, celery, broccoli, and many more to fight anemia.
- Boil these leaves of spinach in water (a cup) and then adds some enough seasoning to create one healthy soup. Now, you have to take spinach soup twice a day to fight anemia.
Learn more: Easy And Healthy Cooked Spinach Ideas
Looking for the best healthy foods for anemia, you should not pass carrot. Try to use carrots in the daily diet as it helps you to combat anemia easily.
- Use fresh carrots in the diet either in the cooked form or in the salad.
4. Red Meat
Generally, all red meat, pork, lamb, and beef contain a rich content of iron. It’s a great source of the vitamin, particularly a vitamin B12. Typically, red meat has heme iron that will be consumed by the body easily. The liver, heart, and kidney are the parts of all red meats containing a huge quantity of iron. Particularly, the liver is the best choice to increase the blood level with iron and vitamin B12.
- Ensure that you must take red meat at least twice a week because ư ounces of cooked beef or chicken contain around one to 2.5mg of heme-iron.
- You should try to include beef or chicken liver in the daily diet because 3 livers have 2.1mg of heme-iron which will help you to enhance red blood cells in the body.
Tomatoes are also considered as one of the best foods for anemia. Tomatoes are also the richest sources of vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin K as well as beta-carotene. In addition, tomatoes are best to fight anemia as well as your overall health. Taking a right number of tomatoes every day gives you adequate nutrients, iron, and vitamins C. Thanks to the vitamin C, this fruit aid in the easy absorption of iron. It’s also one fat-burning food along with serves as one good nutrient for all hair and skin problems.
- You can use 1 or 2 raw tomatoes in the daily diet to raise the vitamin C in the body and also to absorb enough quantity of iron.
- You should try to consume plenty of tomato juice because it is the best way to combat anemia.
Learn more: Top 13 Health Advantages Of Tomatoes For Men
As you know, the egg is the excellent food with many antioxidants and a high source of protein which aids in building up vitamins in the body if you’re anemic. An egg contains around 1mg of iron that provides at least eleven percent of Reference nutrient intake (RNI) for males along with seven percent of the RNI for women. Hence, by using an egg every day will help to fight anemia. Moreover, eggs have higher quantity of healthy fats, proteins, as well as vitamins A, E, B12, and D making you feel active with the low quantity of calories.
- You can take boiled egg in the daily diet to combat anemia.
- Take one boiled egg every day in your breakfast to enhance the blood and vitamins in the body.
- You can also use ½ boiled egg or egg scrambled or poached egg or full boiled egg in the daily breakfast to enhance vitamins in the body and to improve the body joints and bones as well.
Nuts are also one of the best foods for anemia thanks to the balanced amount of proteins, fibers, vitamins and iron as well. It’s the most excellent source of iron, which assists you to advance the iron level in the body. A nut also assists you to obtain an iron level immensely even as you’re on the move. Even though nuts are rich in iron, and also have phytic acid blocking the absorption of iron in your body. There is a variety of nuts which can provide iron, proteins, and essential vitamins like prunes, dried peaches, dried apricots, dates, peanuts, figs, and raisins.
- Every day, simply have one hand full of nuts in order to fulfill the regular requirements of iron in the body.
- You can take 10grams of nuts everyday because it has 15gm of iron in ten grams of nuts.
- Or, you may eat nuts as snacks, mid-breakfast, or mid-afternoon snacks to improve the vitamins in the body.
General speaking, honey is the sweetest method to overcome the lack of iron. It’s a healthy food for your entire body, and it has enough amount of iron. Plus, honey contains copper and magnesium that helps you to raise hemoglobin in your body. Commonly, 100 grams of honey have 0.42 mg of iron; ensure that you’re taking a good quantity of honey every day.
- Mix honey (one tablespoon) in warm water (one glass) early in the morning daily to combat anemia.
- Add honey (one tablespoon) in lemon juice (one glass) and consume it early in the morning daily on an empty stomach, it’ll help in combating anemia effectively.
- You can also use it with apple cider vinegar. All you need to do is mix 1 tablespoon of honey and fresh lemon juice with apple cider vinegar. Consume this solution once in a day to fight anemia.
Apple is also one of the best foods for anemia. Apple is known to aid in raising the iron level in your body. An apple one day keeps you away from one doctor if there’s a lack of iron in the body. Additionally, apple is the good source of vitamin C and iron. Thanks to the vitamin C; this fruit helps so much in absorbing, non-heme-iron in your body.
- You can eat one fresh apple, or consume freshly prepared apple juice every day to increase the iron in the body.
- A 100-gram apple has 0.12 mg of iron, so ensure that you must eat 2 apples every day.
Keep reading this post to discover more foods for anemia!
Pomegranates have vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, iron, and fiber as well. Particularly, it supplies iron to the body and thus aids in reducing anemia symptoms such as weakness, dizziness, tiredness, etc. It’s also a good source of vitamin C as well as iron. Moreover, it helps in boosting the flow of blood in your body.
- Try to eat 1 full pomegranate daily to lower the anemic symptoms.
- You may also use the fresh pomegranate juice and drink 1 glass daily in the breakfast.
Beetroot is also the best way to fight anemia, either in salad form or in the cooked form. You can also consume the fresh beet-root juice. In order to cure anemia, it’s a perfect choice to use red beet-root. It’s a useful blood purifier, and it also considers the greatest way to treat anemia. Particularly, nutrients in the Beetroot re-activate and re-establish your blood cells during anemia.
- Simply, extract the beet-root juice and then drink this juice two times a day.
- Consume juice in the early morning with the empty stomach to fight anemia.
- Use Beetroot with several other vegetables in one salad or in a cooked form in your diet.
12. Sesame Seeds
Seeking the natural food for anemia, you should choose sesame seeds. Sesame seeds are also useful in treating anemia. Particularly, black sesame seeds are great ingredients that are rich in iron.
- Use sesame seeds in the daily diet.
- You can also use the sesame seeds with honey.
13. Sea foods
Generally, one of the many seafood advantages is that it can decrease anemia symptoms. It’s the greatest source of iron. Particularly, being high in iron, fish is the greatest food that aids in preventing anemia. A lot of fatty fishes such as tuna, salmon and seafood such as mussels and oysters are also affluent in vitamins and iron. Seafood has 7.2 mg of iron in one hundred grams.
- You should take two or three seafood slices in your daily diet to fight anemia.
- Ensure that you take sufficient amounts of sea foods daily in your diet because one hundred grams of seafood have 7.2mg of iron.
Learn more: Top 10 Health Advantages Of Salmon Fish
Molasses is also one rich food in iron. A tablespoon of molasses has 3.2mg of iron. Also, it contains iron, vitamin B12 as well as other healthy nutrients that help to advance the iron in your body. It’s one tasty source of iron.
- Try to use molasses in the daily diet.
- Make sure that you’re adding molasses to the baking.
Mushroom is also one of the best foods for anemia. A recent report indicates that eating a mushroom every day you feel relaxed, and it’ll aid in boosting iron in the body. Particularly, cooked mushrooms are the best source of proteins that is why they give you unexpected proteins. Additionally, mushroom includes a decent quantity of fibers, Copper, Iron, Potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Try to use one cooked mushroom in the regular diet ass they fulfill the daily requirement of nutrients and protein.
- Make sure that you’re taking enough quantities of mushrooms in the daily diet.
16. Green Vegetables
Generally, all green vegetables are high in vitamin B12 and iron too. Particularly, green vegetables are the best food to combat anemia. Typically, green vegetables include cabbage, mustard green, broccoli, cucumber and spinach also. Taking green vegetables in the regular diet is an attractive method to reform the volume of the meal, with a high quantity of iron. Furthermore, being high in fibers, it also lowers the symptoms of anemia.
- Use green vegetables in the daily diet.
- You can also use green vegetables either in the salad or in cooked form.
Learn more: 16 Health And Nutritional Advantages Of Broccoli
17. Dark Chocolate
Surprisingly, dark chocolates can aid to combat anemia as it has a favorable quantity of cocoa powder that is the best source of iron and nutrients providing you unexpected strength. In addition, it helps to advance blood circulation as well.
- Take one or two pieces of dark chocolate in your daily diet.
- One hundred grams of dark chocolate have 17mg of iron, taking chocolate alone isn’t only enough to assist you to lower anemia, so always take dark chocolates in conjunction with the other iron-rich foods.
18. Raisins And Dates
Commonly, dates contain the highest quantity of iron and very effective to combat anemia.
- Dates and raisins are the great way to increase the iron level in your body.
- Take enough amounts of dates and raisins daily to overcome anemia.
Learn more: Blood Pressure Solution Review
19. Whole Grain Bread
Not surprisingly, whole-grain bread is also the best source of non-heme-iron that is very important to fight iron-deficiency anemia. Plus, it contains phytic acid blocking the absorption of iron. Other whole grain products like rice and cereal are also effective to fight anemia. Moreover, it is enriched in a few nutrients like proteins, vitamins and healthy fats, which help your body to combat against different diseases.
- One slice of whole grain bread gives 6% of the regular requirement of iron in your body, so replace the white bread with the whole grain bread.
- Take two or three whole grain bread slices every day raise the iron level in the body.
Parsley is also considered as one of the best foods for anemia. Parsley is the great source of iron as well as folic acid. One hundred grams of parsley have 5.5mg of iron.
- Ensure that you’re taking enough quantity of parsley in the diet.
- Use parsley in sandwich and salad as well.
Oatmeal is also one of the healthy foods for anemia. Although oats are rich in iron, they too have phytic acid that prevents iron absorption. However, you may buy the oatmeal fortified with iron. General speaking, regular oatmeal is commonly not fortified with iron; whereas lots instant oatmeals are. Fortified instant oatmeal (one cup) prepared with water provides 60 percent of the needed daily amount of iron. Also, fortified oatmeal contains B-12 as well as other B vitamins.
To get more information related to healthy foods, go to our main Foods & Recipes page. After studying the writing of 21 best natural healthy foods for anemia, hope that this article will help you know more a lot of kinds of foods for anemia. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share your experiences with us if you know other foods for anemia.