Beer acts as a powerful hair conditioner. It owns protein helping to nourish hair follicles as well as repair your damaged hair cuticles, which will make the hair smooth and shiny.
- You just spray beer onto the hair after shampooing it as usual.
- Let your hair dry naturally. After it becomes dry, you will see that your hair becomes shiny and smooth.
Note: If you allow the hair to dry naturally, the beer won’t remain its smell on your hair.
2. Aloe Vera
The great combination of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals in aloe Vera can be very beneficial for hair on the dry scalp. Here are 2 natural tips of hair mask for dry scalp with aloe Vera you can try to use:
Way 1: Aloe Vera, castor oil, and fenugreek
- Castor oil – 2 teaspoons
- Fenugreek powder – 2 teaspoons
- Aloe Vera gel – ½ cup
- You mix all the ingredients above well until you have a consistent mixture
- Then you apply this mixture well onto your hair and scalp.
- You use a shower cap to cover your hair and let sit stay for overnight.
- In the next morning, you use a mild shampoo to wash your hair.
- Remember to apply this once per week or more to see amazing results within 1 or 2 months.
Way 2: Aloe Vera and hibiscus flower
- Aloe Vera gel – ½ cup
- Thick hibiscus paste – 2 teaspoons
- You combine thick hibiscus flower paste well with the aloe vera gel.
- Then you blend them and apply this homemade conditioner to your scalp and hair.
- Wait for 20 minutes and rinse it off.
- You should use this conditioner regularly to own a soft and shine texture to your hair.
3. Sesame Oil
Thanks to the high source of emollient-rich properties and nutrients, sesame oil can have the ability to fight against hair dryness by healing and protecting your hair that is damaged its outer layer. Besides, it contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial as well as antiviral properties, helping to keep hair loss at bay.
Way 1: Sesame oil and ginger
- Sesame oil – 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Ginger (grated) – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Firstly mix two ingredients well and then massage this mixture into the scalp and hair for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Then you use a towel to wrap your hair and leave it on the hair for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, you shampoo the hair as usual.
- You should apply this process once per week.
Way 2: Sesame oil, beetroot juice, and lemon juice
- Sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
- Beetroot juice – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- You mix all these ingredients together and apply this to your scalp with the help of your fingertips.
- Allow it to stay on your head for overnight and rinse it off in the next morning.
- Do not forget to repeat this once per week.
4. Pumpkin And Honey
Pumpkins can provide a lot of amazing benefits for your hair because they are very high in vitamin A and vitamin C, zinc, beta-carotene, and potassium.
- Pumpkin puree – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 or 2 tablespoons
- You simply mix the pumpkin well with honey until they form a paste.
- Then you apply it as much as possible onto the scalp and hair.
- You have to use a shower cap or a saran wrap to wrap your hair to keep it in place.
- Allow this mask to sit on your hair for 15 minutes or more and then rinse off.
5. Yogurt And Olive Oil
If you are looking for a hair mask for dry scalp or breakage hair condition, yogurt is the answer for you. Yogurt possesses proteins and vitamins, which will be a quick treatment for your condition.
- You may use yogurt directly on your hair or combine it with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Then you apply this mixture over the entire scalp.
- Wait for about 18 to 20 minutes and use cold water to rinse it off. This solution will help in cooling and calming your itchy and dry scalp.
6. Lemon Juice
Known as a natural exfoliant, lemon juice can eliminate flaky and dry skin from your scalp. Click To TweetThis juice is also able to remove dandruff when you apply it constantly. In addition, lemon will exfoliate dead skin cells which plague your scalp and are the reason causing problems such as hair loss and clogged pores.
- You just prepare some teaspoons of lemon juice and then directly apply it on your scalp.
- Let it remain on your scalp for about 30 minutes and rinse off. Remember to use your fingertips to massage your head when you apply this lemon juice on your scalp.
- Another option for you is to mix lemon juice with a few teaspoon of olive oil and apply on your hair. This option will keep your scalp well-moisturized.
Gelatin contains a large amount of protein, which plays an important role in healing dry scalp, distressed and damaged hair. Gelatin is capable of restoring protein and moisture to your hair, making it become a hair mask for dry scalp and hair.
- Gelatin – 1 tablespoon
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Rosemary, lemon or lavender essential oil – some drops
- You firstly mix the gelatin with lukewarm water and then stir well.
- Next, you add the vinegar and rosemary, lemon or lavender essential oil to the mixture and continue to stir them.
- Now, you apply this to your scalp and hair.
- You leave it on your head about 10 to 12 minutes and use lukewarm water to rinse off.
8. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth is also called as Multani mitti. People have used this fuller’s earth pack for treating many skin and hair conditions for several years. Hence, you can use this as a hair mask for dry scalp, following some steps below:
- Fuller’s earth – 3 tablespoons
- Vinegar – 1/2 cup
- Gram flour – 2 tablespoons
- Now, you mix all these 3 ingredients well to get a fine paste.
- Apply this paste directly to your hair and scalp and wait for a few minutes until it becomes dry.
- Then you use lukewarm water to rinse it and followed by a milk shampoo.
9. Egg And Apple Cider Vinegar
Eggs own protein that will aid in repairing the damaged hair and keep it stay hydrated while apple cider vinegar has the ability to remove dullness.
- Eggs – 2
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoon
- You combine the apple cider vinegar with the beaten eggs and mix them together.
- Then you apply this on your scalp and hair.
- You wait for 15 to 17 minutes and rinse off with clean water.
10. Baking Soda And Yogurt
Baking soda is able to get rid of all the grim, grease or dirt from your scalp and hair while yogurt is beneficial in providing all the nutrients for your hair as well as moisture it needs.
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- You mix the baking soda together with yogurt and then apply this mixture directly on your hair.
- You let sit on there for 25 to 30 minutes and shampooyour hair with water.
If you want to get more information about hair mask for dry scalp, stay with us for our next post!
11. Potato, Aloe Vera, And Honey
The combination of potato, aloe Vera, and honey is another of top ways of hair mask for dry scalp you should follow if you are having a damaged hair with dry scalp.
- Big potato – 1
- Aloe Vera – 3 tablespoons
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- First of all, you peel the potato and grate it well.
- After that, you squeeze this grated potato to extract its juice.
- Then you combine this potato juice with the aloe Vera gel and honey.
- You mix them well till they become a fine mixture.
- Now, you use this mixture to gently massage your scalp and hair.
- Use a shower cap to cover your head and wait for 60 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse off with warm water and followed by a mild shampoo.
- You use a soft towel to make your hair dry.
12. Lemon Juice, Coconut Oil, And Grapefruit
If you combine lemon juice with coconut oil and grapefruit, you will have a homemade solution for your hair condition because of the ability to remove the dry scalp and dandruff.
- At first, you heat a little organic coconut oil until it becomes warm.
- Then you allow it to naturally cool to the room temperature.
- Next, you extract the grapefruit juice and lemon juice.
- You mix 2 these circuit juices together and combine this juice mixture with coconut oil.
- Now, you use this mixture to gently massage your scalp and hair and then use a hot towel to cover your head.
- Keep waiting for 12 to 15 minutes and then shampoo the hair as usual.
- You should do this process regularly to get the best result.
Dry scalp is known as a popular problem occurring in both women and men. Dry scalp is so itchy and irritable, sometimes it makes you feel that there is a rough sand desert on your head. This condition makes your hair frizzy, dry, and rough and commonly causes hair loss.
Do you get dry scalp? Is your hair is too dry or damaged? Actually, you can find out a lot of hair products that can improve your hair scalp very effectively on the current market. But do you want to save money? VKool.com will show you the natural hair mask for dry scalp. Keep reading the article thoroughly and you will find it best to enhance scalp at home.
13. Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Coconut oil is not only good for cooking and improving health, but it is very useful in beauty tips for women. It is one of the most popular hair conditioners for your dry scalp. This coconut oil is able to improve scalp skin and hair cuticle, restore damaged hair as well as keep keratin loss at bay. It contains an anti-fungal property which will remove any fungal infection and help in treating itchy scalp. Additionally, coconut oil also improves frizzy and dull hair as well as provides moisture for it.
Simply, you just apply coconut oil into the scalp, and then you wrap it with warm towel for 15 minutes. Wash off with fresh water and shampoo. You can heat the oil with low heat before applying it into your scalp. Heated oil will help your hair get the most benefit from it.
14. Olive Oil And Honey Hair Mask
The rich source of antioxidant and vitamin E in olive oil is very beneficial in sealing your outer layer or cuticle with moisture and thus healing damaged hair. Olive oil may be applied as a warm oil hair remedy to aid in strengthening and adding shine as well as restoring moisture to the very dry hair. Like coconut oil, olive oil is natural and it is an excellent hair mask for dry scalp you should try. Also, if you want to get fat loss with natural foods and natural oil, you might add more olive oil in daily recipes. Now for dry or damaged hair, you should combine ¼ cup of honey and ¼ cup of olive oil, heat the mixture with the low heat and whisk it well. Then you apply the mask into the scalp for 25 minutes; wash with shampoo and water as usual.
15. Avocado And Banana Hair Mask
Another helpful hair mask for dry scalp is the mixture of banana and avocado. They are valuable fruits that can repair your damaged hair, as well as moisturize your hair very well. Banana is very high in carbohydrates, vitamins, and potassium. This fruit positively affects to your dry and itchy scalp, helps in preventing split ends, and decreasing hair loss. Plus, it is a great fruit that has a rich source of moisture, assisting in the increase of moisture of your scalp and hair. While avocado has the ability to nourish and moisturize your scalp and help to beautify the dry hair and scalp.
Now you blend ½ avocados and a ripe of banana until they are smooth, and then apply it into your hair for 20 minutes. Now you rinse off and wash clearly.
16. Egg Hair Mask
Have you ever tried this hair mask? Try it if you own a dry hair.
- Milk: 1 cup
- Egg: 1
- Lemon: 1
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- a cap (plastic one)
- Separate egg and choose egg yolk.
- Now add the olive oil and milk into the egg yolk.
- Squeeze the lemon to the combination, mix them well.
- Massage the mixture into your scalp; wrap it by plastic cap for 15 minutes.
- Now you rinse off with water with organic shampoo.
17. Mayonnaise Hair Mask
Have you ever heard this hair mask for dry scalp? Mayonnaise is not only a delicious ingredient in almost of the mayonnaise recipes but it is very useful in treating dry hair. Mayonnaise is made of oil, vinegar, eggs and you can mix this ingredient with avocado to apply into scalp. Wash off with water and shampoo.
18. Vinegar, Glycerin Hair Mask
You can mix condition, humectants, vinegar, and a little water to apply into your dry scalp. Your hair will be moisturized well with this natural mask. In addition, you can use glycerin to apply into the scalp and then rinse off with water and shampoo.
19. Thyme Leave Hair Mask
For dry hair, you can use 4 tablespoons of dried thyme and boil with 2 cups of water within 10 minutes, cool it naturally and strain the leaves. Now you use the liquid and massage your scalp for 10 minutes and wait for more than 20 minutes before washing off with shampoo.
20. Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey Hair Mask
The combination between honey and apple cider vinegar is also a cheap way to improve your scalp. You will need 8 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup of raw honey, the mix all the ingredients and apply it for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and shampoo.
21. Coconut Oil And Olive Oil Hair Mask
You probably think that coconut oil and olive oil might cause oily scalp. That is true. However, you totally can try to use this mask for dry scalp with a part of olive oil, and two parts of coconut oil. Mix two kinds of oil together and mix them well, then apply it into the hair and wrap with a shower for 15 minutes. Rinse off with water and shampoo as normal.
22. Coconut Oil And Honey Hair Mask
The mixture of coconut oil and honey is fine to your damaged hair. Coconut oil can moisturize your hair from the roots and it will make your hair shiny. You will need ¼ cup of honey and for 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Firstly, you mix coconut oil and honey together then blend it smoothly. Apply the mixture into the scalp and wait for 10 minutes before you wash off with warm water and shampoo.
23. Banana And Honey Hair Mask
Honey is a very important ingredient to make a homemade hair mask for dry scalp. It owns restorative properties which provide moisture foryour lifeless hair, making it become lustrous and glow. You can apply honey well with banana and you will have an effective hair mask for your dry scalp. You will surprise about this natural hair mask because it is not only good for dry scalp but it is also helpful for thin hair. You need 1 tablespoon of honey and a ripe of banana. Blend the banana and mix with honey, apply it into the scalp, warp your hair and wait for 15 minutes. Rinse off with water and shampoo.
24. Egg And Avocado Hair Mask
Do you want to get rid of dry scalp and get a beautiful hair? You might be tired of your damaged hair and you should try this hair mask from avocado and egg. You will need an egg yolk and ½ avocado. You should blend egg yolk and avocado at first until it is smooth, then apply the mixture into your scalp, wrap your hair with a shower cap and leave it for 15 minutes. Now you rinse off your hair as usual with shampoo and water.
Here are some additional tips you can follow to prevent dry scalp:
- You should always to use moisturizing conditioner and shampoo to avoid the condition of dryness on your scalp.
- Do not forget to use both conditioner and shampoo without containing sulfate.
- You had better use conditioners and shampoos containing tea tree oil.
- Because styling your hair (curlers, blow drying, and straightness) too many times also leads to dry scalp, you have to reduce the frequency of styling it.
- Use almond oil, lavender oil, vitamin B and vitamin E oil to regularly massage your scalp in order to boost the blood circulation as well as help in preventing the dryness.
- In addition, you can use baking soda combined with a little water as a conditioner for your hair.
- This dry scalpcondition can occur in all seasons as it is not caused by the environmental problem but it occurs because of the nutrition and hydration deficiencies in your diet. Hence, having a healthy diet is very necessary for maintaining healthy hair. Foods rich in fat and protein work as the internal moisturizers that are useful for your body.
If you want to get more useful information on hair tips, you might visit our main Beauty page. After reading my writing about natural hair mask for dry scalp, I hope that you have got the best way to heal inconvenient hair problem. All the ways to make homemade hair masks above are safe and effective for you.If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon. Also, if you have any other natural hair mask for dry scalp, let share them with us.Are you ready to try one of those hair mask?
Related articles: 6 best natural home remedies for dry hair women should know