Are you suffering from fibromyalgia symptoms? Do you want to know how to get rid of fibromyalgia condition naturally and fast? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 19 natural home remedies for fibromyalgia symptoms. The writing is a list of safe and effective solutions for common symptoms of fibromyalgia from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 19 Natural Home Remedies For Fibromyalgia Symptoms
Here are 19 best solutions you are looking for:
10. Passion Flower
14. Epsom Salt
One of the great options to relax your tight muscles is applying a heat method such as applying a hot bath or using heating products. This method is also very useful for people who are often cold and who can have a hard time for warming up. There are many heating products that are available such as:
- Rice bags
- Heating pads
- Mattress pads or electric blankets
- Heated slippers or socks
Chamomile is one of the easiest home remedies for fibromyalgia you can apply. Chamomile has relaxing properties that help you induce the sleep. This herb is packed with a high amount of selenium, zinc & other minerals that aid you in improving the immune system as well as relieving the anxiety considerably. Consequently, administering chamomile to patients with fibromyalgia will produce wonderful results surely.
Ginseng is an ancient herb that is often used for healing fibromyalgia thanks to its powerful immune system stimulant property. In addition, ginseng helps your body fight against bacteria and virus, thus it helps in preventing any sort of infections. Using ginseng can boost your body’s energy level and relieve stress effectively. As a result, ginseng can be used as one of the excellent herbs for your fibromyalgia condition.
When cayenne pepper is produced as an ointment base & applied onto the painful skin areas of body, it can help you in relieving the pain immediately. As a result, this herb is very useful for treating the fibromyalgia condition. A compound called capsaicin, found in cayenne pepper, works as one of the natural pain relievers. This compound also is very good for the proper blood circulation. Here are some easy ways to make a cayenne pepper remedy for fibromyalgia:
- You take the cayenne pepper extract or capsule.
- You consult your doctor for proper dosage
- Alternatively, you can include the cayenne pepper into your cooking.
- Or you can use a little amount of the capsaicin cream onto your aching areas
- Then you leave it onto your aching skin areas for roughly 30 minutes.
- You repeat this way about 3 times a day.
- However, you do not use capsaicin cream or cayenne pepper onto inflamed or broken skin.
Echinacea is one of the best home remedies for fibromyalgia you can try applying. Echinacea can boost your immune system efficiently and it can make your body to fight against infections & pain actively. For this reason, Echinacea may be very useful for treating fibromyalgia readily. Continue reading this writing if you want to discover other natural home remedies for fibromyalgia.
Calendula is a powerful anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatory herb that can help you deal with some common painful conditions including Fibromyalgia.
You can use goldenseal for treating fibromyalgia because it has detoxifying & anti-inflammatory properties that can heal readily for conditions such as Fibromyalgia, arthritis, and more.
Astragalus is often used in the traditional Chinese medicine. Astragalus helps you build a strong immune system. Astragalus also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Therefore, this herb is very good for treating conditions such as Fibromyalgia.
Lavender is a soothing herb that can help you in reducing insomnia, headaches, and depression effectively. In addition, lavender is often used for calming down your body’s general processes and as a result it is very useful for patients with Fibromyalgia.
Passion flower is one of the natural home remedies for fibromyalgia. Passion flower is a natural herb that has ability to alleviate common fibromyalgia symptoms. In addition, passion flower can help you a lot in dealing with almost classic fibromyalgia symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia, tension, stress, and other common symptoms.
Valerian has a high impact on curing sleep disorders & myalgia or muscle tension. Fundamentally, valerian is known as a natural sedative herb that can increase the sleep for patients with Fibromyalgia. In addition, this herb has ability to increase your concentration as well as your attention. Therefore, it can help you in relieving the brain fog that often occurs when you are suffering from Fibromyalgia.
Applying relaxation techniques including meditation, deep breathing, yoga and tai chi, can be a great option in managing common fibromyalgia symptoms. Following yoga exercises regularly will help you in combating fibromyalgia symptoms such as poor sleep, pain, stiffness, fatigue, poor memory, poor balance, anxiety, and depression. Yoga also helps you to increase your cortisol levels, leading to reducing pain & improving mindfulness. People with fibromyalgia have a lower level of hormone cortisol than normal people, so applying relaxation techniques such as tai chi, meditation, deep breathing & yoga is one of the great home remedies for fibromyalgia. Here are some easy tips to apply relaxation techniques:
- You can practice yoga for about 20 to 40 minutes per day.
- Or you can join a class of Tai Chi.
- You can do mindfulness meditation for about 20 to 30 minutes per day.
- In addition, you can apply deep relaxation techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation & guided imagery.
Following a long term physical training program may help you reduce your fibromyalgia symptoms. Regular exercising will be able to prevent muscle wasting as well as restore the neurochemical balance of the body. The neurochemical balance will help in increasing the level of pain fighting chemicals that are called endorphins. In addition, it can trigger a positive emotional state & reduce stress.
You just need to start with around 20 minutes for low impact exercises three times per week, and then you can increase the frequency and duration. Some low impact exercises you can apply are strength exercises, walking, seated exercises, flexibility exercises, water aerobics, and balance exercises. In addition, range-of-motion, aerobic conditioning, and strengthening exercises are very safe for almost patients.
Many experts recommend that people with fibromyalgia should begin with some mild exercises and go slowly to prevent their symptoms from flaring up. You can begin with a few regular and stretching activities such as gardening, doing chores, or taking the stairs and then move gradually to steady exercise. There are a lot of other natural home remedies for fibromyalgia presented in this article, so keep reading it.
This salt is a magnesium sulfate. You just need to soak your body into the Epsom salt bath to help the body absorb magnesium. A magnesium deficiency is often linked to fibromyalgia, so applying this soothing remedy will help relieve pain & induce relaxation.
- You mix 2 cups Epsom salt into the warm bathwater.
- You soak in this bathwater for roughly 20 minutes.
- You do this way about 3 times per week till your condition is improved.
Applying massage therapy will help you relax your muscles as well as improve a wide range of motions in your joints. In addition, massage can relieve stress & stimulate the production of chemicals, which work as the natural painkillers of the body.
MLDT (manual lymph drainage therapy), a type of massage, can be very beneficial for treating fibromyalgia. This therapy can help you loosen up lymph blockages, which could be contributing to your fibromyalgia pain.
These fatty acids help you decrease inflammation & neuropathic pain. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids can curb joint pain & stiffness, so it is known as one of the best home remedies for fibromyalgia symptoms. Here are some simple but effective ways to use omega-3 fatty acids for treating fibromyalgia:
- You just need to take 1 or 2 tbsp of fish oil per day.
- In addition, you can eat foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as anchovies, tuna, herring, wild salmon or sardines 2 to 3 times per week. Some other foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids are canola oil, flaxseeds, walnuts & soybean oil.
- Alternatively, you may opt for using omega-3 supplements or fish oil supplements instead, but you should consult a doctor first. You need to pay attention that omega-3 or fish oil supplements can interfere with almost blood-thinning medications.
This vinegar may help you balance your body’s pH level, improve circulation and reduce oxidative stress. In addition, it may help you reduce some common symptoms of fibromyalgia such as fatigue, headaches, gastrointestinal issues, joint pain, inflammation and swelling. Here are easy steps to apply apple cider vinegar for treating fibromyalgia:
- You add one or two tbsp of unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar into a glass of cool water.
- You can add 1 tsp of honey into this water glass
- You drink it 2 times per day
Turmeric has potent anti-inflammatory properties, so it can help you treat your fibromyalgia that is accompanied by rheumatic disease. In addition, turmeric contains curcumin, which helps you relieve your pain and stiffness quickly. Here are some simple but effective ways to use turmeric for treating fibromyalgia:
- You mix about ½ or 1 tsp of the turmeric powder into one cup of milk.
- Then you heat this cup to a boil
- You let it cool.
- Then you drink it 1 or 2 times per day.
- In addition, you can include the fresh turmeric into your cooking.
- Alternatively, you can take turmeric in the supplement form, about 400 mg to 600 mg three times per day. You should consult a doctor before you start any supplement regimen.
Ginger has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties, which help you reduce your fibromyalgia symptoms quickly. There are 2 simple ways to use ginger for treating fibromyalgia:
- You add 1 tsp of freshly grated ginger into one cup of boiling water.
- Then you allow it to simmer for around 10 minutes.
- You strain and then you drink this tea about 3 times per day.
- Or, you can apply ginger tablets. You should consult a doctor for suitability and proper dosage
Some additional tips you should know:
- You need to create a regular sleep routine
- You should get enough sleep.
- You can eat a balanced, healthy diet.
- You can try the elimination diet in order to test for the food sensitivities with the intention that you can remove potential food allergens from the daily diet you take.
- You also need to avoid caffeine because it can disrupt your sleep pattern as well as exacerbate symptoms of restlessness and anxiety.
Articles related to fibromyalgia symptoms:
To discover more about common health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the writing of top 19 natural home remedies for fibromyalgia symptoms, hope that this writing helps you find out the best solution to relieve fibromyalgia symptoms fast. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other natural home remedies for fibromyalgia, please leave them below.