Swollen lymph nodes are normally caused by viruses or bacteria. Lymph nodes or lymph glands are very important because it can fight bacteria, viruses, and causes of other sickness. Swollen lymph nodes can appear in armpits, chin, neck, ear, and other regions of the body. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 8 home remedies for swollen lymph nodes in neck, ear, and other areas of the body. This writing is for informational purpose so you should go to see the doctor if the problem is severe.
Top 8 Home Remedies For Swollen Lymph Nodes In Neck, Ear, And Other Areas
Swollen lymph nodes prove that you have problem in some parts of the body and you might feel painful, tender in lymph glands, runny nose, fever, sore throat, swollen limb, night sweat, etc. Here are top 8 home remedies for swollen lymph you should know.
Castor oil is an amazing ingredient for your health. This oil can kill ringworms, good for your fine lines and wrinkles, treat acne, scars, improve hair, cure constipation, get rid of joint pain, arthritis, etc. For healing swollen lymph nodes, you can try to use castor oil.
- Simply, you rub castor oil on the affected area directly; use a flannel, a plastic bag, a heating pad to cover it.
- You also can apply castor oil packs on stomach area and other regions of the body.
Read more: How To Prevent Cancer
Honey is really helpful for treating swollen lymph nodes in neck, ear, and other areas and you can follow this instruction:
- You will need a glass of apple cider vinegar, a cup of honey, and some garlic cloves.
- Now you combine all the ingredients and store in refrigerator in 5 days.
- Then you take some teaspoons of the mixture in every morning before breakfast (you use with juice or fresh water).
- Alternatively, you can mix honey, some garlic or onion and store in a jar. Leave the mixture in some weeks before eating every morning.
Echinacea is like a strong antibiotic and it is commonly used in medicine industry. It originally came from North America and it can be sued in insect bites, sore throat, toothache, respiratory infections. Acting as antibiotic, Echinacea is great in fighting bacteria and viruses if you get swollen lymph nodes in neck, ear, or other areas of the body. Drinking Echinacea tea is a good idea for healing the problem:
- You need roots, flowers, leaves, or other parts of Echinacea, ½ lemon grass, ½ spearmint leaves, and some stevia leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients together; brew it with water for several minutes before tasting it.
Similar to other home remedies for swollen lymph nodes, garlic is a helpful ingredient in healing the condition. This is one of the best herbs to get rid of swollen lymph nodes that you can do at home every day. The reason is that garlic is good in anti-inflammatory property that can reduce swelling and pain very well. The way to use garlic is you should eat some cloves of garlic every day to eliminate swollen glands, or you can take some garlic capsules before consulting with your doctor.
Lemon is useful fruit for healing mucus and sore throat. It is also easily found in every market and you totally can use this ingredient to get rid of swollen glands. Here is the instruction.
- You combine a teaspoon of honey, a glass of warm water, lemon juice and drink it immediately.
- Alternatively, you can mix warm water with lemon juice and gargle it.
- You also can use a lemon, shrink with pepper and salt over the lemon and lick it.
- Try to do those remedies several times each day until the problem is reduced.
One of the simplest and cheapest home remedies for swollen lymph nodes in ear, neck, and other parts of the body is apple cider vinegar, which has anti-bacterial property that can soothe the problem very well. The method is:
- Mix a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of lemon juice, and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of warm water and drink it immediately. You can drink this liquid 2-3 times each day to relieve inflammation and pain.
- Also, you can combine a cup of warm water, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, and a teaspoon of salt, gargle it several times each day.
Learn more: How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Cleavers is a kind of herb that can encourage functions of every organ, lymphatic system in your body. This ingredient also helps you purify and cleanse the blood effectively. As the result, you should take effectiveness of this herb to get rid of swollen lymph nodes in parts of the body. It also gets rid of underlying diseases as well as lower swelling in lymph nodes. You can drink cleaver tea every day. The instructions are:
- You add some teaspoons of the herb in a cup of hot water.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes before drinking the tea.
- You can drink 3-4 cups of cleaver herb each day.
Spriurulina is high in B vitamins, antioxidants, protein, and other nutrients that are perfect for your health. This ingredient is one of the best home remedies for swollen lymph nodes you should take right away. Spirulina contains anti-inflammatory property, omega-3 fatty acids that can improve your health and reduce swollen lymph nodes well. You should choose organic spirulina and have some spirulina smoothies do drink each day. You also can take sprirulina capsule but make sure that you ask your doctor before using it.
Related articles on swollen lymph nodes:
If you want to get more useful and home remedies for many diseases, you might visit our main Home Remedies page.
After reading the article about top 8 home remedies for swollen lymph nodes, I hope that you have learned some useful treatments for healing the problem in neck, ear, and other parts of the body. This article is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor immediately if you cannot get better effect from those home remedies. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon