Canker sores are small lesions situated in the mouth often at the base of the gums in soft tissue. Also, canker sores could be located on the inner lining of the cheeks, the tongue and the inside of lips.
In fact, canker sores are not contagious and often disappear by their own in just 1 or 2 weeks. However, they are painful. So, what are useful ways to cure canker sores? With a handful of natural ingredients, it is not hard to soothe your pain.
If you want to know how to get rid of canker sores in mouth overnight, you should follow the tips below – collected by VKool.com!
How To Get Rid Of Canker Sores In Mouth – 10 Natural Ways To Overnight Relieve
1. Numbing Spray
Eucalyptus essential oil and peppermint oil both have anti-inflammatory properties whilst also possibly working as those anti-microbial agents, therefore decreasing odds of infection. In addition, the cooling properties of these oils could also numb the nerve endings which are firing off.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and olive oil
- 10 drops of peppermint oil
- 8 drops of eucalyptus oil
- 1 glass mister bottle
- Pour the grapeseed oil or olive oil into the glass mister bottle and then add the other essential oils.
- Cap and shake well
- Spray it directly onto your canker sores to relieve pain
- Shake whenever you use it
Read more: steps to cure bad breath
2. Chamomile Tea Bag
Chamomile contains a few daisy-like plants which are most popularly used to promote relaxation, induce sleep, and help with digestion. The compound named bisabolol or levomenol in chamomile could reduce inflammation and speed up the healing process fast.
- You just need to soak 1 bag of chamomile tea in water for 1 minute.
- After a few minutes, you place it directly over your canker sores for 10 minutes or so.
- Do this twice per day to get better results.
- In case there is not available chamomile tea, you can use dried flowers which are wrapped in the cheesecloth to alternate.
3. Swish Sage
In fact, sage is the herb which is used widely in the culinary world, has healing properties that can help heal your painful ulcers naturally.
- Just boil 4-8 ounces of plain water and infuse a handful of fresh sage for 10 minutes.
- Then, swish that water for 1 minute. Spit it out and rinse your mouth with cold water.
- Also, you can make a tea-type rinse with those fresh leaves as an alternative.
Recommend reading: how to remove cold sores fast
How to get rid of canker sores? Go for onions. Place the onion slices over your canker sores. Wait for 15 minutes. Then, wash your mouth with the cold water.
At first, you may feel a little uncomfortable yet after that you will feel normal. Thanks the healing properties of onions, they can help you relieve your pain due to canker sores naturally.
Check out: quick ways to cure mouth ulcers
5. Coriander Leaves
- Take 2 tablespoons of coriander leaves and add them to 1 glass of water.
- Then, boil the water with leaves in it
- After its boiling, you strain it and let it cool down
- Rinse your mouth with it 3 times per day
6. Spicy Sweet Natural Drink
Sometimes, when a person suffers from indigestion or constipation, they might get canker sore. Thus, if you suffer from mouth ulcers when you are also having constipation or indigestion, you should make some tasty Ayurvedic beverage as your treatment for canker sores.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the coarsely ground coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds to 1 glass of milk. Then, add 1 teaspoon of sugar to that glass.
- Boil the milk till it is decreased to half its amount
- Drink it up twice per day
Read more: ways to cure bumps
Do you want to know how to get rid canker sores in mouth fast, you had better make use of honey.
- Take a small amount of honey on the finger tip.
- Apply this on your affected area within your mouth.
- Do this 4 times per day
- At first, you might feel as if your sores burn but after several seconds, you will relieve the pain
8. Black Tea
- Take 1 black tea bag and dip it into the tepid water for a few minutes
- Take it out after that time and place it over your sores
- Gently press to release the tea water
- Apply this method for 15 minutes per day
Soak a handful of raisins in 1 cup of water. Leave it overnight
In the next morning, you take out the raisins and have them.
10. Coconut Oil
Due to the anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory properties, coconut oil is nearly fail-safe in regard to curing canker sores, not mention to its incredible taste.
You just need to use your clean hands or take a cotton swab to dab a small amount of coconut oil onto your sores.
That way, you can relieve your pain resulted by canker sores.
Check out: uses of coconut oil
In general, canker sores could be very frustrating yet they are not life-threatening and could often be cured easily either products you have at home or with OTC medications. The natural tips on how to get rid of canker sores above are practical to apply at home with ease. Nevertheless, if find your own canker sores are still there after several weeks and are still super painful, it is better for you to seek medical attention for a mouth rinse, pill prescription or steroid ointment.
Do you have any idea about this “How To” post? If yes, you can leave your words below the article, we will feedback soon.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to cure irritable bowel syndrome at home naturally
- How to stop being jealous of friends and others – 8 tips
- 28 Best natural home remedies for athlete’s foot
- Social anxiety secrets PDF download review – is it reliable?
- Good foods to prevent cancer growth – 6 foods
- 5 Negative side effects of marijuana
- 11 health benefits of citrus fruits
- How to treat celiac disease naturally – 8 useful tips