Even, a skin tone can add to your beauty and confidence, and having dark elbow and knees in fact can detract from them. This is a popular skin problem that may make your self-conscious about wearing skirts, tops, shorts and short-sleeve dresses.
You may suffer from this skin condition because the skin around your knees and elbows has more folds or become thicker than other surrounding skin. In addition, because the fact is that there’s no oil glands in the elbows and knees , hence these skin areas tend to become drier. As a result, when proper hygiene and care is not maintained, your skin on elbows and knees can be much darker than other skin parts of the body. Some other common factors that may contribute to your dark knees and elbows are frequent rubbing, genetic factors, over exposure to the sun, dry skin, obesity, hormonal imbalance, increased melanin pigment and dead skin buildup.
In this article on VKool site, we are going to show you top remedies and tips on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows naturally. If you are not confident with your dark skin on these body areas, read and consider following some of remedies below.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Knees & Elbows Naturally – Top 10 Remedies
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an excellent home treatment for dark elbows and knees. The oil contains vitamin E that helps prevent dryness and lighten the skin. Additionally, it can help repair damaged and dark skin.
- After having bath or shower,apply some coconut oil on your elbows and knees, then gently massage for about 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat the remedy a few times a day for preventing dryness.
- In alternative way, you can:
- Prepare a 1 tsp of coconut oil, plus ½ tsp of lemon juice. Mix them well and rub this mixture on your dark knees and elbows. Then, leave it on for about 15 – 20 mins. Next, wipe off with water or paper towels. Repeat this once a day.
- Alternatively, you can also:
- Make a mixture of 1 tbsp of walnut powder and some coconut. Mix until having a thick paste and apply it to your elbows and knees to exfoliate dead skin cells or dark skin patches. Do it regularly twice or thrice a week.
Lemon has natural bleaching as well as exfoliating properties. Also, it has a high amount of vitamin C that helps remove dead cells and lighten skin tone. It can also promote regeneration of healthy skin cells.
- Simply, apply some lemon juice or rub half lemon on your knees and elbows, then gently massage for a few minutes. Let it sit there for about 20 mins. Next, wash off with water, and apply a moisturizer.
Alternatively, you can:
- Extract the juice of 1 to 2 lemons, then mix it with 1 tbsp of honey. Apply the mixture on your elbows and knees. Let it sit there for about 20 mins. Finally, wash it off with warm water.
Follow these remedies at least once a day for 2 weeks. Note to avoid the exposure of the sun for 3 hrs after applying lemon juice.
Read on: Skintervention Guide
Next to ways on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows naturally, try yogurt. Yogurt is packed with lactic acid that can help lighten your skin color. Besides, yogurt can help moisturize as well as cleanse the skin effectively.
- First, mix 1 tsp of plain yogurt with 1 tsp of white vinegar to make a smooth paste. Then, apply the paste on your elbows and knees. Leave it on your skin until dry. Next, rinse off with water and pat dry. Finally, apply a moisturizing lotion. Repeat the solution at least once a day for a couple of weeks.
In alternative way, you can:
- Mix 2 tbsps of gram flour with 1 tbsp of plain yogurt to have a thick paste. Next, apply the paste on the affected area. Let it sit there for about 20 mins. Rub with your fingers to remove dead skin cells and the paste. Finally, rinse off with warm water. Repeat this remedy for twice or thrice per week.
Beside yogurt, you can make you of sugar among remedies to lighten skin tone. Below are detailed instructions to make your homemade sugar scrub. This remedy is beneficial because it helps soften your skin while exfoliating dead skin cells on your elbows and knees.
- Mix equal amounts of sugar and olive oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your knees and elbows and rub it around using circular motions for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild soap and warm water.
- Do this once daily until the skin tone around your knees and elbows lightens.
- Repeat this treatment on a weekly basis.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda can act as a gentle skin cleanser, so it is beneficial for treating your dark elbows and knees. It works by removing your dead skin cells, plus reducing hyper-pigmentation, which forms around your elbows and knees.
- First, mix 1 tbsp of milk with 1 tbsp of baking soda to have a thick paste
- Then, apply the paste on your dark elbows and knees
- Rub it and massage in circular motions for about 2 – 3 minutes
- Next, wash off with water, then pat dry thoroughly
- Repeat it every other day and notice the desired results after several weeks
6. Aloe Vera
Next to tips on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows naturally, try aloe vera gel. This is a natural skin lightener, which can keep your skin hydrated and well moisturized. By using this home remedy regularly, you can maintain your skin tone while promoting the repair process of skin cells that damaged by the exposure of the sun.
- First, extract the aloe vera gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf
- Next, apply the to your dark elbows and knees
- Leave it on for about 20 mins
- Then, wash it off with lukewarm water
- Do it once or twice a day within several weeks and notice the results
When it comes to natural ways on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows naturally, both almond nuts and almond oil are very beneficial for your skin. The nuts are high in skin-nourishing agent that helps you maintain your even skin tone while keeping your skin glowing and healthy.
- First, use almond oil: massage your elbows and knees with still-warm almond oil for 5 minutes before you go to sleep. Follow this remedy for several days, and notice improvement.
- In alternative way, mix a little yogurt with 1 – 2 tbsp of coarsely powdered almonds to have a thick paste. Next, apply the paste on your dark elbows and knees. Leave it there for about 20 mins while using your wet fingers to rub the skin in circular motions. Finally, wash the paste off with cold water. Repeat this 1 or 2 times a day for several weeks.
Mint has volatile oils that can promote the production of collagen in the body, and it therefore aids in maintaining your even skin tone as well as making your skin glow.
- First, boil½ cup of water, then add a handful of fresh mint leaves for about 2 – 3 mins
- Next, add the juice of½ fresh lemon to the solution
- Strain and let the solution cool
- Then, soak a towel or cotton ball in the solution, and rub it in the affected areas
- Let it sit there for about 15 – 20 mins, then wash off with water.
Follow this remedy once or twice a day until you see the results.
Next to ways on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows naturally, consider the powerful herb turmeric. The herb works to help you maintain your even tone while adding a nice glow to your skin.
- First, mix some turmeric powder with 1 tsp of milk cream to have a thick paste
- Next, apply the paste on your dark elbows and knees for several minutes
- Let it sit there until dry
- Then, rinse off with water
In alternative way, you can:
- Mix equal amounts of gram flour and turmeric powder
- Next, add a proper amount of rose water to the mixture of turmeric powder and gram flour to have a paste
- Then, apply the paste in the affected areas
- Massage the paste onto your knees and elbows
- Let it sit there until dry
- Finally, rinse of the dried mask with water
Follow these remedies once a day for 1 to 2 weeks, and notice improvement.
Last but not least among effective ways on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows, this is cucumber. Cucumber contains natural bleaching gent that can help lighten your skin tone on your dark elbows and knees. Moreover, cucumber can keep your skin moisturized and help in treating impurities from your outer skin layer.
- First, rub thick cucumber slices gently over your knees and elbows for about 10 minutes
- Let it sit there for about 5 minutes
- Next, rinse off with cold water
Follow this remedy daily to get the best results.
In alternative way, you can also:
- Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and cucumber juice together
- Next, stir in some turmeric powder
- Then, apply the paste on your elbows and knees
- Let it sit there for about 20 – 30 mins
- Finally, wash off with cold water
Follow this treatment daily to get the best results.
In this article of how to get rid of dark knees and elbows naturally, you’ve discovered top 10 remedies to treat dark elbows and knees. Hope that you can make some of these remedies with ease. For any feedback on the writing, leave it at the end of the post! Thanks for reading!
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 8 Homemade Egg Hair Mask Recipes For All Hair Types
- 30 Days to thin review – can Christina Clark’s diet work?
- How to do Kegels for women correctly and cautions
- Benefits of argan oil for skin & how to use it properly
- How to stop itchy feet fast and naturally – 6 tips
- Be stylish ebook review – does Angelica’s course work?
- Why is junk food bad for you? – 11 reasons
- Top 20 Ways To Flatten Belly Fast