As a woman, you always desire to have shining hair to look young and energetic. Though commercial hair care products give you convenience of use, they have negative effects on your hair. For instance, your hair becomes dry, weak and appears more split ends. Instead, you can make use of natural remedies to care for your hair. In this article on VKool site, I am going to show you top 8 remedies for hair care. Read and learn how to strengthen your hair at home fast with these remedies below!
How To Strengthen Your Hair At Home Fast – Top 8 Remedies
1. Strengthen Your Hair With Henna Leaves
A simple remedy to strengthen your hair naturally is henna leaves. These leaves work to give you natural hair color and reduce breakage.
- Take a handful of henna leaves, grind them with sufficient water to make a thick paste.
- Leave it on for 2 hours, then apply the paste to your hair
- Next, cover hair with a shower towel or shower cap for at least 1 hour
- Then, wash your hair and shampoo it as normal
Alternatively, you can do as follows:
- Mix henna powder in sufficient water to have a thick paste
- Instead of using plain water, use green tea to have a better hair conditioning
- Leave this henna paste for several hours aside or overnight
- In the next day, add 1 egg and 1 tsps of lemon juice to the henna mixture
- Apply the mixture to your hair
- Leave it on for a few hours or until it completely dries
- Finally, wash your hair off and shampoo it as normal
Note: Wear gloves when applying the henna paste on your hair or using your hairbrush in order to avoid staining.
2. Strengthen Your Hair With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is considered the best home remedy for nourishing hair. Massaging your scalp with heated coconut oil is effective in strengthening hair. Proteins present in coconut oil work to provide nourishment for your hair while improving blood circulation to your scalp and aiding in the better absorption of nutrients by your hair follicles.
- Heat pure coconut oil
- Then, let it cool and massage the coconut oil to your scalp by using your fingertips
- Massage in circular motions and avoid applying too much pressure
- Then, cover the head with a shower towel dipped in warm water
- Leave it there for 30 minutes
- Next, wash your hair off with shampoo
Repeat this at least 1 or 2 times a week to strengthen your natural hair.
3. Strengthen Your Hair With Flaxseed
When it comes to ways on how to strengthen your hair naturally, consider flaxseed. Flaxseed is high in omega 3s and protein, so it can help in keeping your hair healthy and growing thicker effectively.
- Soak 1/4 cup of flaxseeds in plain water overnight
- Boil the soaked flaxseeds in 2 cups of water in the next morning
- When the flaxseeds thicken and turn into a consistency of jelly, turn off your heat
- Put the boiled flaxseeds into a bowl and strain the gel
- To get better results, add a little essential oil to your flaxseed gel
- Let the gel cool and apply it on your hair
Homemade natural flaxseed gel is very good for strengthen hair, especially for wavy or curly hair. Alternatively, you can consume ground flaxseeds or flaxseed oil to promote your thicker and shiny hair.
Recommended reading: How to grow thick hair fast in one month
4. Strengthen Your Hair With Ayurveda
Next to tips on how to strengthen your hair, try ayurveda. Ayurveda gives us 3 fantastic herbs that definitely can give you shining voluminous hair. They include Amla (Indian Gooseberry), Shikakai (Acacia concinna) and Reetha (Soapnut). As you know, amla oil can benefit your hair as a super remedy for thicker hair. Reetha (soap-nut) contains natural cleansing agents that can help eliminate microbes present there in hair or on scalp. Reetha is also used to treat dandruff and nourish hair as it brings back the natural texture for your hair. Shikakai (Acacia concinna) that literally means fruit for hair can aid in maintaining the balanced pH level of scalp and retain your scalp’s natural oil condition. Moreover, Acacia concinna is often used to strengthen and condition hair in general. By combining these 3 ingredients, you will make your own herbal shampoo to get stronger hair.
- Reetha (dried) – 100 g
- Amla (dried) – 100 g
- Shikakai (dried) – 100g
- Water- 2 liters
- Hibiscus powder (optional) – 1 tsp (for conditioning if your hair is too dry)
- Place each 100g of dried reetha, shikakai and amla in a mixing bowl and mix well
- Pour 2 liters of water over the herbs and let this herbs soak overnight or over 5 hours
- In the next morning, notice dark colored water with softened herbs in the herb mixture
- Mash all the herbs by using a masher
- Then, boil the mashed herb water
- When the herb water starts boiling, turn off the heat
- Leave it there to get cool
- Mash the herbs once again for taking out their goodness from the herb
- Next, strain by using a cloth or sieve
- Store it in a bottle as shampoo
- Use a proper amount of this herb to wash hair
If you have dry hair, this shampoo may be a little rough for your hair. To improve this condition, you can use hibiscus powder to condition your hair. Mix hibiscus powder in a little water to have thick paste, and then apply it on your scalp and hair. Leave it there for 30 minutes and wash your hair off with water.
Below is another hibiscus remedy to strengthen your hair. Check out the directions right now!
5. Strengthen Your Hair With Hibiscus Flowers & Coconut Oil
Hibiscus flowers are rich in Vitamin C and have natural emollient. They also have both moisturizing and astringent properties that make this kind of flower suitable for different types of hair, especially for dry and oily hair.
If you have problems with your thin hair or breakage, hibiscus oil can act as a good remedy. It contains mucilage (a slippery extract) that can soothe dry scalp and detangle hair.
- Crush 2 to 3 each of hibiscus flowers and leaves with a mortar and a pestle to have a paste
- Next, add ½ cup of coconut oil to the crushed hibiscus mixture
- Boil the mixture for 5 minutes
- Let it cool down and strain the gel
- Massage your scalp and hair with this hibiscus oil
- Wrap the hair with a shower towel for 30 minutes then wash your hair off with shampoo or leave it on your scalp and hair overnight and wash off with shampoo as normal
6. Strengthen Your Hair With Hibiscus Leaves & Curry Leaves
Next to natural ways on how to strengthen your hair, try curry leaves and hibiscus leaves. This hair mask will not only stop hair loss but also give you shining, soft silky hair and improve premature graying of your hair.
- Mix a handful of each curry leaves and hibiscus leaves together
- Use a blender or a mortar & pestle to crush these leaves
- Add some water to have a fine paste
- Use coconut oil, amla oil, hibiscus oil or any natural oil that can help strengthen and nourish your hair
- After then, apply your crushed hibiscus and curry mask on your scalp and hair
- Leave it on for about 60 minutes
- Then, wash your hair off with a mild shampoo
Repeat it once or twice per week for about a month and notice your strengthened hair.
7. Strengthen Your Hair With Licorice Herb
Licorice herb makes it become a great remedy for healthier hair. Ancient Egyptians have made use of this herb from 3rd century BC. Licorice is very good for irritated and dry scalp. Its special properties can help open your scalp’s pores and nourish your hair follicles and shaft.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of licorice powder with a pinches of saffron and 4 tablespoons of milk
- Apply this paste on your scalp and hair
- Leave it overnight and wash your hair and scalp off in the next morning
8. Strengthen Your Hair With Healthy Diet
Last but not least among ways on how to strengthen your hair at home, don’t forget to follow a healthy diet plan that is rich in various vitamins, minerals and protein. Especially, vitamin B complex and protein can help promote your longer and thicker hair.
Natural sources of these healthy ingredients include milk, yogurt, eggs, poultry, beans, fatty fish, legumes, seeds, nuts, fresh green vegetables and whole grains.
Follow these great remedies and tips religiously and you absolutely will notice the improvement in your hair thickness and texture in weeks. For any comment about this article on how to strengthen your hair at home fast, leave it at the end of the page.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Benefits of spices and herbs in cooking food are revealed
- How to cure morning sickness naturally without meds – 7 tips
- The healthy way diet program review – will Gabriella’s book work?
- 18 Effective Ways On How To Grow Facial Hair Fast Naturally For Men
- 17 Best natural home remedies for facial hair removal
- 41 Tips on How to Remove Dead Skin Cells from Face and Body
- Beat your belly fat book review – is the guidebook beneficial?
- How to grow long hair fast & naturally at home in 2 weeks