Burn is a kind of injury to skin or flesh caused by radiation, friction, chemicals, electricity, heat, etc. Actually, burns affect to superficial skin only and it can turn to second-degree burn or third-degree burn and it will expand all skin layers. Burn even can go to the fourth – degree and it will damage more tissues such as bone and muscle. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 surprising tips on how to treat burns on hand with a hope that you will reduce discomfort caused by burns at home. This writing is for informational purpose only so you should go to the hospital immediately if the problem is serious.
Discover How To Treat Burns On Hand Effectively And Permanently
Depending on burn levels, you will have different ways to treat the problem. However, with a small burn on hand, you can treat the issue by yourself and this article is extremely useful for you as it instructs you 10 natural tips on how to treat burns on hand. They are:
One of the best secrets on how to treat burns on hand is cold water. This is a cheap way to heal the problem at home. Do you want to stop burn on hand? Let do it:
- Run cold water on burned area and leave it for some minutes.
- Alternatively, you can apply cold compress on affected area and leave it for some minutes.
- You can repeat this remedy every hour to reduce pain and inconvenience.
- However, you should not use ice cubes because they can limit blood flow and damage your tissues.
Read more: The Book On Bump Treatment
Potato slices are useful remedies and they can answer how to treat burns on hand shortly because they include soothing and anti-irritating properties. This ingredient is great for minor skin burns, especially on hands. By using raw potato, you can reduce risks of blisters and pain. The method is:
- Cut a potato into different slices and rub them on burns for 15 minutes and remove potato slices.
- Also, you can great a raw potato and rub it on burns within 15 minutes.
- After getting burns, you should use this remedy as soon as possible to get the best results.
Have you ever heard about benefits of coconut oil for your skin, hair, and health? Coconut oil is not only used for beauty industries, but it is also used in healing some skin conditions including burns. It is better if you combine coconut oil with other ingredients like lemon juice. What is the method? Simply, you do as this:
- Mix coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on burns.
- Let it cool and dry naturally.
This is very useful for healing burns because coconut oil is high in fatty acids and vitamin E while lemon juice is good in acidic property can lighten scars very effectively.
Honey is one of the most effective techniques on how to treat burns on hand because it can heal burns and wounds due to anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. This ingredient can reduce the growth of scars and here is the way to use honey for burns on hand:
- Use a bandage and put honey on it, then you apply honey on affected area.
- Leave it hours and change the bandage 3-4 times each day.
Aloe vera contains healing and astringent properties that can help you heal burns effectively at home. Let follow the instructions as below:
- Cut aloe vera leaves and extract its gel to apply on burns.
- You can mix turmeric and aloe vera gels and apply it on affected area.
- You can use a cream that includes aloe vera to heal the problem if you do not have aloe vera plant.
Back tea contains tannic acid that can help you reduce pain and discomfort from burn. How to use black tea for treating burns on hand?
- You need to steep tea bags in warm water for some minutes. Cool it naturally and soak a cloth in the liquid and put on affected area.
- You also can use wet or cold tea bags to place on burn.
Being great in antiseptic and astringent properties, vinegar is very helpful in healing minor burns and infection. Here is the method to use vinegar on burns:
- Dilute vinegar (you can choose apple cider vinegar or white vinegar) in water, then you rinse affected area.
- Then you cover the infected region with a soft cloth, which is soaked in vinegar. Make sure that you replace cloth by another one every 2-3 hours.
Like other natural tricks on how to treat burns on hand, plantain leaves are useful for treating burns because it contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Firstly, you crush plantain leaves.
- Spread it on burns and use a cotton cloth to cover it.
- When it is dry, you replace another fresh paste.
Onion juice has sulfur compounds that can ease your pain and help reduce risk of blisters as well as get rid of burns on hand.
- Now you cut an onion and get its juice to apply on burns.
- Make sure you use fresh onion juice.
- You can repeat this method several times each day to get the best results.
Lavender essential oil includes painkilling and antiseptic properties that can reduce scars significantly. And this is the way to use it for healing burns on hand?
- Mix some drops of lavender oil with some glasses of water. Use a soft cloth and soak on the mixture, then compress it on affected area for several times.
- Alternatively, you can combine honey with lavender oil then apply it on burns several times each day.
Related articles on burns:
If you want to get more useful and home remedies for many diseases, you might visit our main Home Remedies page.
After reading the article about top 10 surprising tips on how to treat burns on hand, I hope that you have learned some useful ways to reduce pain and eliminate discomfort from minor burns. This article is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor immediately if you cannot get better effect from those home remedies. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon.