Do you want to make easy-to-prepare healthy lunch food recipes for your children? Are you looking for new delicious lunch recipes to add into your kids’ daily diet? Recently, VKool.com made a writing of top 7 healthy easy lunch recipes for kids that are easy to prepare and cook. This writing is a collection of top delicious healthy food recipes for children from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 7 Easy Healthy Lunch Recipes For Kids Are Revealed
1. Chicken Salad & Greens
Make 2 servings
Ingredients you will need to prepare for this food:
- 1/4 cup of plain, non fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/8 cup of low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 finely chopped large celery stalk
- 1/8 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 1/6 cup of grapes, and you cut in half
- 1 cup of leftover roasted chicken, and you chop it into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups of coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
Equipment & supplies:
- Knife for chopping
- Mixing bowl
- Bowls for serving
- You combine salt, pepper, celery, yogurt, mayonnaise, red onion, chicken and grapes in a large bowl
- You mix gently until you see everything is coated well in dressing.
- You divide the lettuce between 2 bowls.
- You top each bowl with chicken salad.
- You let your kids serve cold.
2. Mango Pina Colada Smoothie
Make 2 servings
- 1/2 mango – peeled, seeded & cubed
- 2/3 cup of ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 2/3 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- You place the ice, sugar, mango cubes, cream, coconut milk and pineapple juice into a blender.
- You puree until it is smooth
- You pour into 2 glasses and let your kids serve after lunch.
Keep reading this writing to discover other healthy lunch recipes for kids!
3. White Bean & Veggie Chili
- 1 breast of chicken breast
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 stalk of celery, raw
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cup of beans, great northern, canned
- ¾ cup of chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 tbsp of diced green chilies, canned
- 1/2 tsp of cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp of oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp ground of the black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream, light
- You chop chicken, press garlic and onion.
- You heat a stock pot to a medium heat
- You add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You add chicken & then you cook until you see it is almost done.
- You add onion & garlic and then you sauté until you see it is almost translucent, just about 3 to 4 minutes.
- You chop celery & green bell pepper, and you add to pot.
- You add beans, chilies, broth and all the seasonings.
- You bring them to a boil, and you reduce the heat and you simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- You remove from the heat and then you add milk & sour cream.
4. Jambalaya For Kids
- 1 tbsp – olive oil
- 1/4 medium – onion
- 1/2 medium – red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium – green bell pepper
- 1/2 medium – orange bell pepper
- 1 clove – garlic
- 1/2 breast – chicken breast
- 4 ounce – turkey sausage
- 1 1/2 cup – chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup – tomatoes, canned, crushed
- 3/4 cup – rice, brown, raw, long-grain
- 1/4 tbsp – Cajun spice
- 1/2 tsp, leaves – thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon – sauce, Worcestershire
- 4 oz – shrimp
- You heat olive oil into pot.
- You chop onions & peppers onto bit size pieces.
- You mince or crush garlic.
- You sauté the veggies & garlic until you see they soften, roughly 4-5 minutes.
- You add the chicken & the sausage
- Then you continue cooking until you see chicken is not pink over the outside.
- You add the rest of ingredients to the pot, except the shrimp.
- You stir to combine.
- You decrease the heat to a medium-low
- Then you simmer for about 30 minutes.
- In case you use white rice and brown rice, this can take longer to cook the rice to soften.
- You plan on the extra 20-25 minutes & you can want to add more liquid
- When the rice is soft, you taste and then you add more seasonings in order to taste.
- You add shrimp and then you continue to simmer until you see the shrimp are pink & cooked through
- You let your kids serve warm
5. Cherry Pineapple Smoothie For Kids
- 1/2 cup of cherries, frozen
- 1/2 cup of chunks pineapple, frozen
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 medium bananas
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, plain
- You add the orange juice to a blender first.
- You blend all these ingredients together until you see it is smooth.
- You pour into glasses & let your kids enjoy after lunch
You will discover other easy lunch recipes for kids in the next part of this writing.
6. Strawberry & Goat Cheese
- You split an English muffin & you lightly toast the halves
- You spread each half with your plain whipped cream cheese or softened goat cheese.
- You top with strawberry jam and make a thin layer
- Then you top with a layer of your thin strawberry slices.
- You place a top half of this muffin on the bottom half, then you press gently.
- Let your kids enjoy!
7. Take-To-School Taco Bar
Make 1 to 2 servings
- 2 thin slices of roast beef
- 2 (six-inch) soft flour tortillas
- 1/6 cup of shredded Cheddar, “Mexican blend” cheese or Monterey jack
- 1/8 cup of Quickie Guacamole, store-bought fresh guacamole or recipe follows
- 1/8 cup of Speedy Salsa, store-bought fresh salsa or recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt or sour cream, optional
- Multi-compartment lunch box
- Mini bottle hot sauce
- 1 ripe tomato, halved
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 halved small red or white onion
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 cup of chopped fresh mint leaves or fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- 1/2 halved and seeded ripe Hass avocado
- 1/2 lime, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/8 cup of tomatoes, quartered seedless grapes or mango, diced
- You fold one slice of roast beef inside two soft tortillas
- You sprinkle with cheese.
- You pack in a big compartment of a lunch box.
- You pack other compartments with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, & other favorite toppings.
- You seal & send off to school.
- You scoop the flesh from shell using a spoon into your medium bowl.
- You squeeze the lime juice on the avocado
- Then you stir to coat evenly.
- You add the salt.
- You utilize a fork to stir
- You mash into the chunky guacamole.
- You stir in tomato or fruit, if desired.
- You grate tomato on the large holes of the box, you grate into a bowl
- You discard the skins.
- You grate the onion into tomato.
- You stir in olive oil.
- You season with salt.
- You put cilantro leaves over the side.
To see all of our writings about healthy food recipes and tips to cook delicious foods for kids, go to our main Foods & Recipes page. After reading the writing of top 7 healthy easy lunch recipes for kids that are easy to prepare and cook, hope that this writing helps you get more choices to make delicious healthy foods for your kids. However, it is solely for the informational purpose and it is not intended to give medical advice. If you have any question, or you know other easy and fast lunch recipes for kids, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Registry winner review – will this system work for you?
- 10 Reasons babies cry all the time and how to soothe them
- Benefits of soy milk: 11 advantages for skin & health
- Dog food secrets review – is Andrew Lewis’s guide useful?
- 18 Hydrating face mask ideas – best natural homemade recipes
- How to get rid of pimples fast overnight: 8 at home tips
- 7 benefits of hemp seed oil for hair care
- Top 19 good fruits for diabetics and high blood pressure