Dark circles are always considered as the enemy of women which make them feel unconfident whenever going out. No matter how old you are, dark circles can appear on your face if you do not have a healthy lifestyle or know how to remove them. More clearly, the age, improper diet, lack of sleep, allergens, sun rays, and pollution are known as some reasons of dark circles. It is quite hard to treat this condition absolutely but you can soothe its exhibition as well.
There are many types of cosmetics available on the market used to dark circles for women such as eye concealers, under eye correctors, or eye creams. However, these products may contain harsh chemicals that can cause other damages to the skin. Therefore, it is more effective if you can apply a natural remedy for your dark circles. And mint leaves for dark circles are appreciated, which is considered to be very safe and effective. Mint leaves are commonly used in beauty recipes including removing dark circles due to their natural properties.
With the desire to improve the women beauty, VKool.com now would like to show you 12 ways on how to use mint leaves for dark circles under eyes to do at home. All the suggested recipes and their ingredients are all natural and safe to the skin indeed, and easy to follow. For those who have dark circles, let consult our article to get more information to treat your problem quickly and effectively.
12 Ways On How To Use Mint Leaves For Dark Circles Under Eyes
1. Mint Leaves For Dark Circles
Firstly, it is necessary to know why it is relevant to use mint leaves for dark circles. In other words, the natural properties presented in these leaves beneficial for this work are all exposed.
Mint leaves have a high level of vitamin C that stimulates the collagen production thereby increasing the elasticity and firmness of the skin. Besides vitamin C, menthol is known as the most important content in mint leaves, which promotes the blood circulation and tones the skin around the eyes. In addition, they act as natural astringents that constrict the eye blood vessels and remove the blue tint caused by these vessels. And due to the antibacterial, antiseptic, and antimicrobial properties, mint leaves kill the toxins giving damage to the under-eye skin while their soothing properties relax the eyes and their flavonoids eliminate the free radicals.
Mint leaves can be used alone to soothe the dark circles as follows:
- Puree some mint leaves in a blender to get a paste
- Apply the paste to your under- eye skin that has been cleansed and keep for 10 minutes.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe it off then pat dry.
- Apply the paste every day.
2. Mint Tea
- Brew 2 mint tea bags in a pot
- Strain the tea then store the tea bags in the fridge until they are cool.
- Place the 2 tea bags over your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and rinse your eyes with cool water.
- Repeat 3 times weekly.
3. Mint Ice Cubes
- Blend a handful of mint leaves with ¼ cup of water in a blender
- Pour the mixture into the ice tray then store them in the fridge to make mint ice cubes.
- Apply these mint ice cubes to your dark eye circles while massaging them gently for a minute and pat dry
- Use the remedy daily.
Read more: 31 natural home remedies for pimples on face
4. Tomato, Lemon, And Mint Leaves For Dark Circles
Tomato and lemon juice can be added to make a mixture of mint leaves for dark circles treatment. Both ingredients also have their own properties essential for this work.
Lemon juice is also a rich source of vitamin C that helps improve the immune system and strengthen the eye- around skin cells. It’s natural bleaching properties can also lighten the skin if used on a regular basis while its citric acid can detoxify the pores and eliminate any dead skin cells. Besides, with the antibacterial and antiseptic content, lemon juice fights germs causing allergies and illness while also contributing to dark circles. In addition, lemon juice is a rich source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B, magnesium, carbohydrates, phosphorus, riboflavin, proteins, and calcium that are all necessary for the skin health. And as an astringent, this juice keeps the skin always smooth and free of wrinkle.
In addition to the health benefits of mint leaves and lemon juice, potato also has its properties that make it ideal for treating dark circles. More clearly, its natural bleaching agents can aid in lightening the dark circles and removing puffiness around the eyes.
The combination of mint leaves, potato, and lemon juice is really a good one for dark circle treatment. You can follow these directions:
- Put some mint leaves and 1/2 tomato in a blender and blend them well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with a pinch of salt juice to the juice and stir them together.
- Drink the juice daily as soon as complete preparation.
- Alternatively, apply the paste of blended mint leaves and tomato to your dark circle area for 10 minutes each day then rinse it off with cool water.
5. Potato And Mint Leaves For Dark Circles
As mentioned above, a potato has its own properties to make it ideal for the treatment of dark circles under the eyes. The rich source of vitamins, minerals, starches and enzymes of this vegetable help it lighten these dark circles, soothe the acne scars, and improve the skin complexion. Besides mint leaves for dark circles, the potato is even used individually to fade them and its combination with mint leaves is more effective.
- Blend 1 peeled and chopped potato, 7 mint leaves, and 3 tablespoons water to get a smooth paste.
- Take 2 halves of cotton pads then dip them in the paste.
- Put the dipped cotton pads on a plate and store in the fridge for an hour.
- Apply the cotton pads to your dark circle area that has been cleaned for about 15 minutes.
- Do this each day.
Note: You can store the remains in a Ziploc bag to use later.
6. Mint Leaves And Lemon Juice
The above remedy mentioned to the combination of mint leaves, lemon juice, and potato and this one just uses lemon juice with mint leaves for dark circles treatment. As mentioned, lemon juice contains a lot of essential components that make it suitable for this work. Now are the directions:
- Blend a handful of mint leaves in a blender then add the juice of a half lemon to make a combined mixture.
- Apply the mixture to the under- eye skin by a cotton ball then keep it for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off and pat dry.
- Apply this mixture daily.
7. Mint Leaves And Cucumber
Cucumber may not be strange in beauty recipes and not except for this case. With the mild astringent and skin-lightening properties, cucumber helps naturally fix the raccoon eyes. Plus, cucumber has high levels of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K that all help repair the skin cells while also lightening the dark circles and moisturizing the skin. It also has refreshing and soothing effects. In brief, cucumber is very effective in removing the dark circles or eye redness.
Cucumber can be added to mint leaves for dark circles to make a more effective method. Follow these directions below:
- Peel and chop a cucumber then put it in a blender with a handful of mint leaves to mix them well.
- Apply the mixture to your dark circles for about 10 minutes.
- Use cool water to rinse it off and pat dry.
- Use this remedy daily.
8. Mint Leaves And Egg White
Egg white is famous for many kinds of face mask nourishing the skin due to its source of proteins and calcium. It also nourishes the under- eye skin and fades the dark circles particularly due to vitamin C presented in it. Now is the combination of egg white and mint leaves for dark circles.
- Separate 2 egg whites from their eggs
- Put a handful of mint leaves and the 2 egg whites in a blender then mix them well.
- Apply the smooth mixture to your under- eye skin with a cotton ball and keep for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your face off with warm water.
- Use this remedy 3 times a week.
9. Rose Water And Mint Leaves For Dark Circles
Rose water is also commonly used in the beauty recipes including treating dark circles. It contains incredible properties for the Skin Care, which helps it fade the dark circles quickly. Rose water can be combined with mint leaves for dark circles to make a more effective recipe. Follow these directions:
- Blend a handful of mint leaves in a blender then add 2 tablespoons rose water to and mix them well.
- Store the mixture in the fridge overnight.
- Strain the mixture (in the next morning) and soak 2 cotton pads into
- Place the 2 cotton pads over your eyes and keep for 15 minutes
- Remove the pads and rinse them off with cool water.
- Do this daily.
10. Mint Leaves And Olive Oil
Olive oil is famous for its ability to detoxify, nourish, and moisturize the skin. So, it is used to relieve the dark circles around the eyes as a natural and effective way. The combination of mint leaves and olive oil is recommended for this functioning like that:
- Put a handful of mint leaves in a blender then blend them well
- Add 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil to the paste and mix them together.
- Apply the mixture to the under- eye skin then keep it 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water and pat dry.
- Use the remedy daily.
11. Mint Leaves, Turmeric, And Glam Flour
Turmeric is a typical ingredient in many types of face mask due to its anti- inflammatory and vitamin source. In cosmetics, particularly sun- protection products, turmeric is considered as the main supplement. Plus, it also helps moisturize the skin, relieves acne and dark circles.
Meanwhile, gram flour plays a role in cleansing and removing the dirt located on the skin. Therefore, the combination of mint leaves, turmeric, and glam flour is versatile not only for treating dark circles. Follow these steps:
- Blend a handful of mint leaves to get a smooth paste.
- Add 1 teaspoon turmeric with 1 tablespoon gram flour to the paste and stir them together.
- Apply the paste the under- eye skin that has been cleansed for 15 minutes.
- Wipe the paste off with a damp cloth.
- Apply this method 3 times a week.
12. Mint Leaves For Dark Circles – Some Other Precautions:
While using mint leaves for dark circle, you have to pay attention to some points below to get the best results:
- For the recommended remedies, always abuse fresh mint leaves and maintaining using them on a regular basis.
- Pay attention to your clothes when using these remedies because mint may stain the clothing.
- Do small necessary tests before applying mint leaves for dark circles as the main treatment.
- Besides remedies with mint leaves, keep a healthy diet, enough sleep, drink at least 2 liters a day, and reduce stress while and after working (relax your eyes by closing them 30 seconds every 20 minutes of working with computer screen).
- Consult a doctor if you feel the condition does not reduce.
Related article: 12 Homemade mint face pack recipes
Our main Beauty page supplies much information of beauty care that is necessary for the women, so drop by to see more. With the writing of 12 ways on how to use mint leaves for dark circles under eyes, hope that you can understand more natural ways to treat your problem quickly and effectively. However, you should check your reaction by doing some small tests with the suggested recipes before considering them as your main treatments. Leave your questions or wonder below and share with us other recipes with mint leaves for dark circles if you really have.