Are you finding a natural treatment for head lice? Head lice are known as tiny parasitic bugs living on your hair and scalp of humans. These bugs are white and lay their eggs attached to your hair shaft. Head lice are spread easily from a person to another, particularly among children at school.
In fact, tea tree oil is extracted the plant melaleuca alternifolia. They create this oil by steaming this melaleuca alternifolia containing antiseptic and anti-fungal properties which are used to effectively heal head lice. In this post, VKool show you 11 natural ways on to use tea tree oil for lice and nits without side effects. The writing shows how tea tree oil can help kill head lice and the list of best effective remedies to be combined tea tree oil to get rid of head lice and nits effectively. However, you should not apply without the instruction from doctor. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
11 Natural Ways On How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Lice And Nits
I. How Can Tea Tree Oil Help Kill Lice?
Tea tree oil has natural insecticides, antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, and antiviral properties, as well as a kind of natural bacteria-fighting ingredients called terpinen. All of them have the ability to kill lice and prevent their return effectively.
Tea tree oil also coats your scalp and hair. It contains agents which will kill head lice along with its eggs, soothe and heal the irritated scalp caused by head lice.
Having head lice are painful and make you annoy. However, tea tree oil may be used in several ways to help you deal with this condition. Head lice hate the tea tree oil smell, so you may try these popular remedies to remove head lice as well as to get healthy hair.
Note: You should firstly test a drop of tea tree oil on the skin for allergies or sensitivity. You may dilute this oil with water if needed.
1. Tea Tree Oil, Natural Shampoo, And Coconut Oil
This tea tree oil is known as a powerful weapon which is used to make head lice die without any harmful side effect. You can combine tea tree oil with natural shampoo and coconut oil to get the best results.
- At first, you mix a teaspoon of this oil with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 oz of natural shampoo.
- You stir them and apply this solution directly to your affected hair and scalp.
- Use a plastic shower cap or towel to cover your head for at least 30 minutes.
- Next, you comb your hair to eliminate the dead head lice and then rinse off with warm water.
- Keep doing this regularly as you need.
2. Olive Oil And Tea Tree Oil For Lice
This is one of the effective ways to use tea tree oil for lice you have to try. Olive oil has insecticide properties which help in loosening the lice and removing them easily. Click To Tweet
- You firstly mix some drops of this oil with two or three tablespoons of olive oil.
- Then you apply this oil mixture to your affected hair and scalp.
- Allow it to sit on your head for 30 to 60 minutes and wash off with water.
- Remember to rinse the hair again with the vinegar to prevent head lice from returning.
- Now, you use a comb to remove the dead head lice.
- Keep repeating regularly as you need.
Read more: benefits and uses of Olive oil on skin
3. Tea Tree Oil With Vodka
- Firstly, mix 2 ounces of vodka with 20 drops of tea tree oil (100% pure)
- Then you pour the mixture to a cotton ball and rub this cotton ball directly to your affected hair and scalp.
- You leave for about 10 to 12 hours and wash off your hair.
- Do this again whenever you need to keep head lice at bay.
Learn more: No more dry scalp ebook review
4. Tea Tree Oil Spray
If you only have tea tree oil without any other ingredient, you may do this process as a simple way to use tea tree oil for lice.
- You firstly mix 10 to 15 drops of this tea tree oil together with 2 cups of plain water.
- You put this mixture in an empty spray bottle and shake it well.
- Spray this solution on the lice-affected areas such as hair, clothing, stuffed animals, toys, and furniture.
Read more: tips on how to use tea tree oil for scalp
5. Tea Tree Oil For Lice
- To use tea tree oil more easily, you just put some drops of this oil directly on your scalp and hair before you go to sleep.
- You let it be on there for overnight to kill the head lice and eggs.
- In the next morning, you comb the hair to eliminate the dead lice.
- Use your shampoo to wash your hair and then moist it with a conditioner which contains tea tree oil.
6. Tea Tree Oil And Lavender Oil
The combination of tea tree oil and lavender oil works as a repellent. Hence, you may use this to keep head lice at bay as well as improve your condition.
- You simply mix 1 teaspoon of this tea tree oil with half a teaspoon of lavender oil.
- Then you apply this solution to your affected hair and scalp.
- You should repeat this on a regular basis.
Keep reading this article about tips on how to use tea tree oil for lice to get more information!
7. Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
- At first, you prepare tea tree oil (1 teaspoon) and rosemary or eucalyptus oil (1 teaspoon)
- Then you mix both these ingredients well to get an effective solution
- Pour this solution directly into your favorite shampoo and conditioner and then mix well.
- Now, you just use it regularly as your shampoo and conditioner.
Note: Do not allow eucalyptus oil directly to touch eyes or mouth because it may cause irritation and pain.
Learn more: Health benefits of rosemary
8. Alcohol And Tea Tree Oil For Lice
Try using this tip as a great tip to use tea tree oil for lice.
- You mix 15 or 20 drops of this tea tree oil with 2 ounces of alcohol.
- Put them in 1 empty spray bottle and shake well.
- Use this solution to spray to your affected hair and scalp.
- Allow it to stay on there for about 12 hours and rinse off.
II. Can Tea Tree Oil Assist In Treating Nits?
Head lice eggs are known as Nits. Nits may survive although you apply harsh treatments and chemical shampoos. The scalp and hair are already irritated; the essential and additional chemicals increase the risk of damage your hair and scalp.
Remedy 1: Tea tree oil is naturally healthier and safe to your scalp and hair. This process provides you with a relief from irritation, itching, and head lice.
- You mix 5 drops of this oil with the amount of your favorite conditioner.
- Apply this conditioner mixture to your affected hair and scalp.
- Let it be aside for 5 to 7 minutes and rinse off with water.
- You use a comb to remove the dead lice eggs.
- Repeat this a week later or whenever you need.
- You simply apply conditioner, shampoo, or other products which contain tea tree oil directly to your affected scalp and hair before the bed time.
- Then you cover your head with a towel and leave it for overnight.
- In the next morning, you comb your hair to eliminate the dead head lice and nits.
- Wash off with warm water and do this regularly.
- Mix 10 drops of tea tree oil (100% pure) into your favorite shampoo.
- Apply this shampoo to your affected hair and scalp.
- Let it be aside for 7 to 10 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Keep repeating the process again.
- Because head lice are easily spread, you should remember that everyone in your house may need these treatments.
- Make sure that family members don’t share pillows, combs or clothes to inhibit the spread of head lice.
- Avoid leaving anything in your scalp and hair for more than the instruction time because this may lead to scalp damage.
- It is not advised to consume tea tree oil because it is naturally toxic and can lead to side effects such as drowsiness, diarrhea, coma, and confusion.
- Women during pregnancy and beast-feeding should not use tea tree oil.
To get news about health conditions, visit our Health page. After reading the post of 11 effective ways on how to use tea tree oil for lice and nits, may you can grasp some easy ways to use tea tree oil to kill head lice and nits. For any question, leave them below, I will respond asap. Also, share with us if you know other ways how to use tea tree oil for lice and nits.