Diarrhea is a common phenomenon in both adults and children. It occurs because of the improper functioning of the digestive system which then causes frequent loose and watery stools many times a day. There are some often symptoms accompanying diarrhea condition that can be listed abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, or even complicated dehydration.
Diarrhea can be caused by many factors such as bacterial infections, viral infections anxiety, the consumption of contaminated water and food, food intolerances, or other intestinal diseases like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease. This condition can last for 2 to 4 days then all of its symptoms can disappear completely. The time can be less or more due to the intensity of each other’s problem.
There are many ways to treat diarrhea and the most frequent way is medical methods. But you can absolutely deal with this problem with natural home remedies by yourself that are all safe and effective to combat diarrhea. It has been advised to add yogurt to the daily to prevent diarrhea, or combine it with other natural ingredients to get healthy food for the digestion.
This time VKool would like to show you 8 useful ways with the usage of yogurt for diarrhea effectively at home. We already chose the best methods that use yogurt along with some other natural ingredients to prevent and treat diarrhea from reliable sources so that you can really believe in. Our article, however, does not aim at giving medical methods and solely for the informational purpose. Spend your little time reading it to learn these useful recipes of using yogurt to treat diarrhea quickly and effectively.
8 Ways On How To Use Yogurt For Diarrhea In Adults And Children
1. Probiotic Yogurt
Yogurt for diarrhea is a familiar concept for almost of people. It is known as an excellent food for not only diarrhea but also many other diseases and beauty caring. We would like to recommend plain unsweetened yogurt that contains probiotics, the good bacteria, which play a role in lining the intestines and preventing the germs from causing disease.
The reason that makes yogurt ideal for treating diarrhea is its ability to kill bad bacterias in the intestines. Besides probiotics, yogurt contains bifidobacterium bifidum and lactobacillus acidophilus that all help build the balance of good bacteria in the digestive system. Moreover, it prevents the good bacteria and other microorganisms from being eliminated when people consume antibiotics to kill bad bacteria. And yogurt is also known as a rich source of more protein than other diarrhea foods, thus, you can consume without essential nutrients lost.
To get a proper balance of bacteria in your intestines, you should eat a cup of plain (and unsweetened for those on a diet) 2 times after meals a day. The taste of yogurt is also very good, so it is not difficult for you to eat it on a regular basis.
Learn more: Health and beauty benefits of yogurt consumption
2. Greek Yogurt For Diarrhea
In comparison to normal yogurt, Greek yogurt is highly appreciated because it contains a large number of probiotics and it is also anti-pathogenic and anti-inflammatory. Therefore, it helps in improving the resistance to the bad bacteria and stimulating the proper digestion. And not only does it treat diarrhea but it also prevents vaginal yeast infections due to its acidophilus and lactobacillus organisms. Now is the recipe:
- Add your vegetable puree or favorite fruits to a cup of Greek yogurt then mix them well, it is ready to eat.
- Alternatively consume plain Greek yogurt 2 times daily
See more: List of nutrient dense foods
3. Mixture Of Yogurt And Banana
Besides the benefits of yogurt for diarrhea, banana is also considered to be an excellent food for those who suffer from digestive problems. Banana is really easily digestible and it has a high level of insulin and pectin that are able to produce the intestine infections against agents like probiotic bacteria. Eating a raw banana or combining it with yogurt is all encouraged to prevent diarrhea.
To make a combination of banana and yogurt for diarrhea, you should cut 2 bananas into chunks and mix them into enough amount of yogurt and consume it once daily. You will then feel how it is good for your digestion.
Read more: healthy fruit smoothie recipes with yogurt
4. Combination Of Yogurt And Fenugreek Seeds
Along with the benefits of yogurt for diarrhea, fenugreek seeds are also an effective home remedy for dealing with this problem. It is because they contain mucilage, a strong anti-diarrheal agent. They can be combined with yogurt to make a great food for diarrhea and the recipe is detailed below:
- Add ½ teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to a cup of yogurt and mix them well, consume it to treat your diarrhea problem.
- To prevent diarrhea, take 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and 1 tablespoon of yogurt every day.
5. Mixture Of Yogurt, Fenugreek Seeds, And Cumin Seeds
Besides yogurt and fenugreek deeds, cumin seeds are also good for diarrhea. You can mix 3 ingredients to get another healthy food that is also tasteful and appealing. Here is the way to make it:
- Roast ½ teaspoon of each fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds then grind them well
- Mix this powder with 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- Consume the mixture 3 times a day.
See more: Health benefits of cumin
6. Black Seed Oil Addition To Yogurt
Besides yogurt for diarrhea, black seed oil is considered to be beneficial for this problem. It also aids in protecting the good bacteria in the digestive tract and improving the digestion.
To make a healthy and tasteful food from yogurt and black seed oil, you should Stir 1 teaspoon of black seed oil in 1 cup of yogurt and keep consuming twice daily. It is absolutely good for your digestive problem.
Learn more: benefits of black seeds for health
7. Treatment Of Diarrhea In BabiesNot only be yogurt beneficial for diarrhea in adults but it is also great for the babies’ problem. Click To Tweet There are some reasons making yogurt ideal for treating diarrhea in babies. A baby over 6 months of age can be fed with yogurt and for those who suffer from diarrhea, you can feed them 1 cup of normal or Greek yogurt 2 times a day.
You should also add in yogurt with pureed fruits or veggies such as sweet potatoes or strawberries as long as they are sure to be small. And remember not to add honey to their yogurt because this may cause infant botulism.
8. Yogurt For Diarrhea – Some More Tips
- Yogurt is safe and effective for diarrhea with a regular consumption
- Check the label of yogurt to make sure it is not over sweetened still contains live cultures. You should choose a brand that its yogurt contains active bacteria as well as essential vitamins and minerals.
- An over consumption of yogurt can cause the risks of kidney stones or other side effects such as nausea, sinus congestion, and cramps. Moreover, too much vitamin A in yogurt may weaken your bones and raise the risks of ovarian cancer.
- Consume a lot of water or fruit juices (but not prune or apple), keep comfortable, get plenty of rest, and have a healthy diet addition to consuming yogurt to protect yourself from diarrhea and get a healthy body.
Recommended article: Homemade baby puree recipes
If you want to get more information about health problems, please drop by our main Health page. With our writing of 8 ways on how to use yogurt for diarrhea, we hope that you can grasp more simple ways to use this fermented food to treat diarrhea. We ensure that all of the ingredients and suggested recipes are natural and safe for the treatment this digestive problem in particularity and for the whole health in common. But do not forget to try on a small test to check your body reaction before applying the recipes as your treatment. Please let us know what you are wondering or interested in by leaving them below and we will answer as soon as possible. And feel free to share with if you know other ways on how to use yogurt for diarrhea in both adults and children.