Tourists often know about Australia not only through beautiful beaches, deserts interspersed with tropical forests with diverse ecosystems, but also through the unique cuisine of this beautiful country. There are many delicious and nutritious dishes in Australia that are irresistible for anyone who visits this country.
Best Easy Australian Food Recipes – Best Recipes Ever:
Historically, the Australian cuisine is based on British cuisine which was brought to this country by the first settlers. These include cakes, big size or chopped steaks, and the meat coming with some kinds of herbs (this combination is often called the “meat and 3 vegetables”).
These original foods were overwhelmed by the growing emphasis on multi-national culture occurred in Australia in the past 40-50 years, the cuisine of Australia is now influenced by the variety of food culinary from the Mediterranean and Asian immigrants. The British tradition still exists in varying degrees in the shops which sell instant, ready meals (takeaway food dishes), with the pieces of fish and chips, is still popular.
There is a pure culinary movement in Australian cuisine which is known to develop from Australian restaurants, carrying the Australian identity since the mid-1980s. In the article today, I would like to show my readers some of the best Australian food recipes for health that can be made at home with ease!
1. Strawberries & Cream Bread (Strawberry Or Blueberry):
Here is the first out of the best easy Australian food recipes that I would like to introduce in this article. This is a delicious recipe which uses fresh strawberries from the Netherhill Strawberry Farm in Australia. This recipe also considered a wonderful Blueberry & Cream bread when you replace strawberries with blueberries. This dish is very good for digestion.
- 3/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Coarsely chop 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1/4 cups of fresh strawberries (don’t use frozen ones)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (use to sweeten the bread)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups flour
2. 24k Carrots:
This dish comes with carrots coated with a tasty sauce made from brown sugar, butter, and ginger. Making this dish is also an excellent way to make your children love eating vegetables, especially when carrot is one of the most hated foods to the kids in the world! If you want to double the amount of sauce, you just need to double the ingredients. This sauce is actually very tasty and great to be served with hot steamed rice! In fact, many people reviewed that they love this dish and do not regret once they make it. You can give your child this dish for a healthy breakfast or lunch meal.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 lb whole baby carrots or 1 lb peeled and sliced carrots
3. Lentil Soup (For People Who Hate Lentils) – Meat Op:
I love this recipe because whenever I give this dish to my friends and family members, they all beg for more. Even your little kids will also love this soup even if they are lentil haters. Might be to make this soup, you will need to prepare many ingredients and have to spend much time making it. However, the result will really deserve your efforts. This is seriously something you must try! This soup is perfect for people who want to improve their stomach health and recover your body after a sickness because it contains a lot of essential nutrients. You can also store this soup for the next day well in the fridge or even frozen it. This is a thick soup so it can be even served as a whole, full meal. If you absolutely need to add meat, you just need to use thinly sliced prosciutto and serve with the soup and shredded Parmesan cheese on top.
- 250 g prosciutto, if wanted
- shaved parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 250 g green beans, chopped
- 200 g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 1/4 bunch celery, diced
- 1 1/2 large carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 large red capsicums, diced
- 1 1/2 large onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (500 g) bag red lentils
4. Yummy Crispy Baked Fish:
This is a healthy and simple way to make and enjoy crispy tasty fish. I have used mostly mild whitefish, such as tilapia, for the best results. Do not let the long list of the needed ingredients fool you because they are just mostly herbs and spices. You should notice to adjust the spices, especially salt and pepper depending on your own taste for better result and avoid failures. In addition, you can also adjust the amount of spicy, mild, lower sodium etc…for good!
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (you can adjust the amount of pepper depending on your own taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
5. Spicy Hasselback Potatoes:
These are a lot more interesting things than jacket or plain roasted potatoes. They are actually perfect to be served with a roast, and this food recipe is really easy to make with just some simple steps and easy to find ingredients that are availably sold in any food store or supermarket. In fact, this dish also looks nice as its taste!
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 -6 teaspoons margarine or 4 -6 teaspoons butter, melted
- 4 -6 medium potatoes
6. Zucchini Bites:
This recipe has been existed for a long time that is perfect for children. I bet that your kids will definitely love this dish as it can be served perfectly in parties or in break time. They are very to make and tasty as a wonderful way to add green veggies to your children’s meals without annoying them. This dish is also very suitable for lunch bags and picnics as it can become a healthy snack or dessert for your kids. I should imagine that this dish will be perfect to be served as part of a finger buffet or warm with a pre-dinner drink.
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 slices rindless bacon, finely sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
7. Grilled Chicken Breast With Barbecue Glaze:
This is a delicious processing method to cook chicken, creating a quite low fat and very tasty dish! The preparing time I mention below does not include marinating, so be careful when calculating the cooking time for good! This is actually one of the best Australian food recipes you should try if you are a gourmet.
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 chicken breast fillets
8. Ham And Egg Pies:
This recipe is actually perfect to be served as a healthy breakfast, for picnics or just as a nutritious snack. It is also one of the best Australian food recipes that people should try!
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices ham (thin)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
9. Our Secret Sirloin Steak:
There are not many words to say about this recipe. This is just such a wonderful steak I have ever tasted in my life. Therefore, you should also try making this dish at home, and you will never regret!
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 lbs sirloin steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, plus
10. Marinade For Steak (Sirloin, Porterhouse, Or Any Beef Cuts):
This is an easy to make marinade for any beef cut. The longer you marinate, the better the flavor will soak into the meat. You can also use chicken if you like!
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. of dried tarragon (or your favorite spice)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, in a jar or 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, in a jar or 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
11. Smashed Potatoes:
You can use any of your favorite spices and herbs to top these crispy, delicious potatoes. This recipe will be best when coming with cumin, caraway seeds, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. I also love to use a bit of butter to dab the potatoes before cooking.
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped (example) or 1 tablespoon thyme (example)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed (example) or 1 tablespoon cumin(example) or 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, more if desired
- 16 small potatoes, washed
12. Savoury Couscous:
Savoury couscous is actually perfect to be served as a nutritional and delicious side dish. This is also a wonderful recipe of Australian food.
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped or 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, finely sliced
13. Australian Meat Pie:
This is the Australian Traditional meat pie! This dish is usually served as a lunch for just watching the aussie rules footy. You can use this recipe to make some little meat pies or just one big pie only, depending on your own interest.
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 g minced beef
14. Crunchy Potato Wedges:
Crunch Potato Wedges tossed in rosemary. Potatoes are found in the mid-west US region.
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 25 g dry breadcrumbs (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 potatoes
15. Wallumbilla Crustless Quiche:
This is a very simple to make quiche which you can “muck around” with. This is a wonderful way to use up any withering cold meat or veggies, or even cheese, in the freezer or fridge. Wallumbilla crustless quiche is perfect to be served as a healthy dinner, brunch, lunch, a breakfast, or even a snack after school. Even your kids will love this dish and beg you for more! Trust me and try it yourself!
- 3 cups sweet corn or 3 cups asparagus or 3 cups tomatoes or 3 cups vegetables or 3 cups baconor or 3 cups ham or 3 cups mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
16. Sinfully Delish Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
This is a sinful and tasty recipe! A definite splurge but so worth it!
- paprika (optional)
- chives, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 garlic cloves
- 10 yukon gold potatoes
17. Sesame Carrots:
This is an easy yet delicious way to cook carrots in one of the most common veggie dishes we can make at work. With the addition of the sesame oil, the fragrance and taste of this dish is wonderful.
- salt and pepper
- Tossed in a dry pan 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (over a medium heat until golden)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 kg fresh, peeled carrot
18. Vegemite On Toast:
This is also one of the best easy Australian food recipes I would like to introduce my readers. Vegemite is an Australian food dish, which you can consume in a daily basis. It is a spread that is mainly made from the leftover from the beer brewing process – the concentrated yeast extract, but that does not make it alcoholic.
- 1/2 teaspoon margarine or 1/2 teaspoon butter, Generous serve is recommended
- 1/8 teaspoon vegemite, more if you are game
- 2 slices bread, preferable white
19. Honey Corn For The BBQ / Grill:
This recipe was inspired by fresh BBQ corn with honey butter that was changed to make cooking on a grill or BBQ a fast and simple choice. You should know that the preparing time should include the cooling time for the butter, and people can pop back in the refrigerator after wrapping the corn to save time and make it easier to process.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ears corn on the cob
20. Roasted Baby Carrots With Thyme:
Roasting can help to bring out the natural freshness of veggies, and this recipe is not an exception. You can adjust the ingredients as you desire, but I recommend you to just mildly adjust them for the best taste! This is also one of the best Australian food recipes you will ever see.
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb baby carrots
21. Cantaloupe Sherbet:
This is actually a refreshing and cool treat for hot summer weather. The recipe requires freezing in the freezer overnight so that you can make use of an ice-cream freezer and the results will be great. This recipe is very simple and you can try it at your own home with ease!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (14 ounce) can of fat-free condensed milk (sweetened)
- 1 medium ripe cantaloupe
22. Lemon-Shrimp Pasta:
If you have a date at night and you have to cook for 2, this recipe will be perfect for you. You can also double it for 4, and it is also very nice. In fact, this dish is light and elegant.
- fresh chives (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fat (bow tie pasta) or 2 cups cooked bow tie pasta (farfalle pasta), cooked without added salt
- 1 tablespoon processed light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- Devein and slice in half lengthwise 8 ounces shrimp
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
23. Microwave Fried Rice:
This is actually not a fried rice recipe. Just a kid called it “fried rice”, so I took that name. This is actually a fast and easy to make side dish which can be padded out with an added amount of vegetables. You should not “muck around” with this recipe too much the first time you make it. You can also add ginger and garlic to this dish, or anything you like for the best taste you desire.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (tomato sauce)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (frozen or fresh)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup rice (I use long grain, Basmati or Jasmine)
24. Chocolate Chip Biscuits-Aussie Style:
This is a “hot” dish and it is always sold out first in the grocery store. Chocolate chip biscuits aussie style is actually very simple to make, and to really show off, you can add a handful of macadamia nuts (chopped) in the dish for added crunch! In fact, this dish is not soft and chewy as the one in American style. You can also add coco powder to the mixture and use white chips instead of black or brown chips. However, white chips will stay relatively hard.
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 200 g (1/2 can) condensed milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 250 g butter
25. Crispy Potato Bites:
If you feel tired and sick of old style potato dish, you can try this recipe. This is also one of the best easy Australian food recipes you should try once!
- salt & pepper
- 10 ml olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 medium potatoes
26. Tossed Salad With Mandarin Oranges:
This salad will go good with every main course and is especially perfect to be combined with BBQ. It is also very easy to carry to potlucks or picnics! Just with 4 simple ingredients and some easy to follow steps, this recipe is very fast and easy that everyone can try and be successful with it. This recipe was released in many famous and prestigious cooking forums and magazines, so people should believe in its flavor!
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup Miracle Whip light
- 10 cups romaine lettuce, -prewashed in bag
27. Mustard Sauce For Corned Beef:
This sauce is perfect to be served with corned beef, making this dish one of the best Australian food recipes that people should try once! This dish is also very simple to be made at home with just some easy to prepare ingredients. These ingredients are availably sold in any local food store, grocery store, or supermarket, so you should not concern about them.
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 125 ml vinegar
- 125 ml water (to boil corned beef)
28. Fairy Bread:
If you like a dish also because of the name, you will absolutely love this dish. It is a great treat which is very popular at children’s parties in Australia. (the yield and servings will depend on how many bread slices you will use.)
- candy sprinkles (hundreds and thousands)
- butter or margarine
- 8 to 10 slices white bread (trimmed of crust)
29. Skinny Mashed Potatoes:
This recipe is very good for health as it is low in fat and calories, giving you a chance to enjoy a full meal without worrying about the extra weight.
- Pepper and salt to taste (the broth is salty enough for most people but you still need to taste it first and adjust the spice as you desire)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of chicken broth (reduced fat or regular)
- peel and cut 6 cups potatoes
30. Sautéed Mushrooms:
This dish is great to be served as a side to steak. This is also the last one of the best Australian food recipes I would like to introduce in this article. It is very good for health and easy to be prepared at home! Try it yourself!
- Slice 500g of crimini button mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (not halal)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 g butter
This is an entire list which releases 30 easy to make but very delicious and good for health Australian food recipes that many people in the world like. These dishes are also very easy to make at home with just some simple to find ingredients. If you think that these recipes are useful for people who love the culinary art of Australia, and if you think that other readers of VKool.com should also read and make use of this list, I am glad to hear that from you.
If you think that the easy Australian food recipes I listed in this article are exactly useful for you and other people, just feel free to share this list with them. Do not forget to leave your comments below because as an author, I really want to know my readers’ opinions.