Physical inactivity is the fourth leading risk factor for worldwide mortality. Increasing levels of physical inactivity are seen worldwide. Nevertheless, given a supportive environment, enhancing levels of physical activity bring many health benefits across different age groups. Here are some facts about exercise that you may not know about before. Check out from VKool.com!
10 Facts About Exercise – Exercise And Health
1. People exercising just 15 minutes per day have a 14% lower mortality risk than those who do not exercise. This statistic covers different causes of death. For those with cancer, if they exercise 15 minutes each day, they will be 10% less likely to die of it than not exercising. In fact, every extra 15 minutes of exercising each day will decrease the all-cause mortality risk by up to 4% and the cancer mortality risk by about 1%. Thus, the best thing you can do is to avoid getting obese in the first place. Remember that once you are overweight and you have lost weight, your own body will want to regain that lost weight, so you will continue fighting throughout your life.
Read more: tips for losing weight
2. When it comes to facts about exercise, people who exercise could improve their performance by about 50% if they consume dark chocolate frequently. At least this happens to mice. Researchers fed mice the important ingredient in the dark chocolate – the flavonol epicatechin, then put them through two weeks of treadmills tests. Researchers notice both metabolic and structural changes in cardiac and skeletal muscles, leading to stronger and greater endurance.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 10 Benefits Of Cornmeal For Health, Hair, And Skin
- Health & nutritional benefits of coconut water – 10 advantages
- Abs workout routine at home or gym for beginners
- Suspension revolution 2.0 review – does Dan’s book work?
- 15 home remedies to lose belly fat fast and naturally at home
- Skinny asian diet review – is Catherine Cheng’s program useful?
- Basic Tai Chi exercises for beginners and seniors
- Top 26 benefits of black seeds for health