Your skin on the feet is usually dry. That is why you must to take care of the feet to avoid cracked, dry heels. To have beautiful, soft feet with silky skin, you do not need the expensive foot scrubs which you see in spas and departmental stores. You can do the foot scrubs at home. These all natural foot scrub recipes are easy to prepare at home as well as have countless variations. In this article, VKool.com will show you natural homemade foot scrub recipe: 19 best solutions. The writing collected a list of foot scrub recipe from reliable sources. In this article, you will learn some simple and easy methods to make foot scrub at home.
Natural Homemade Foot Scrub Recipe: 19 Best Solutions You Should Try
1. Soothing Peppermint Foot Scrub
The foot scrub recipes that help you save money also help you take care of your feet effectively. Click To TweetHere are detailed directions to make this foot scrub recipe at home:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Peppermint essential oil (some drops)
- Coconut or olive oil
- Take granulated sugar (1 cup) and pour into one mixing bowl.
- Then, evenly add the favoritecoconut oil or olive oil and mix well till you get a lightly wet, but grainy consistency.
- After that, add peppermint essential oil (some drops).
- Now transfer this scrub to one pretty bottle and then use in the shower or bath to exfoliate, soothe and moisturize sore feet.
2. Refreshing Lemon Foot Scrub Recipe
In order to make this foot scrub recipe, you can do as follows:
- Granulated sugar (2 cups)
- Lemon essential oil (6-8 drops)
- Almond or coconut oil (1/4 to 1/3 cup)
- Combine almond oil and sugar in a dry, clean bowl and next add oil slowly till you have a wet-sand, soft consistency.
- Then, add lemon essential oil and now work into feet for 5 minutes before you rinse away in the shower.
3. Milk Scrub For Treating Cracked Heels
What do you need:
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups of warm water
- 1/2 cup of baby oil
- 4 tablespoons of sugar or salt
- Stridex pad
- Pumice stone
- Favorite thick moisturizer
- Pour milk (1 cup) and warm water (5 cups) in a foot large basin or bath tub and soak the feet for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In one bowl, pour sugar or salt and baby oil and mix well.
- Make into one thick paste and after that, apply all over your feet, massaging in circular motions. End with one pumice stone scrub on the callused heels.
- Thereafter, rinse and pat your feet dry.
- Then, rub feet with the Stridex pads that further exfoliate them.
- Now apply athick petroleum jelly or moisturizer to the bottom of your feet. Put on cozy, thick socks and rest with the feet up for a few hours or sleep with those socks on.
4. Homemade Foot Soak For Treating Achy Feet
- Hot water
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- Sea salt or Epsom salt
- Fill a foot large basin or bath with hot water.
- Next add the vinegar and then mix in sea salt or Epsom salt (a handful). Soak feet for twenty minutes.
- Afterwards, prepare the same mixture with cool water. Soak one towel in this cool mixture. Squeeze out excess and now wrap it around the feet for 5 minutes for one refreshing finish.
- You should repeat several times per day to decrease inflammation as well as relieve achy feet.
5. Homemade Exfoliating Foot Scrub Recipe – Baking Soda, Olive Oil And Brown Sugar
This exfoliating foot scrub recipe is very easy to make which you may whip up in some minutes only.
- Take one tablespoon each of, brown sugar, olive oil and baking soda. Mix these ingredients exhaustively just before taking bath or shower.
- Scrub this mixture on the feet. You may use it on other rough parts as well, such as elbows and knees. End with rinsing it off absolutely.
6. Peppermint Foot Scrub Recipe
Here are detailed instructions to make this foot scrub recipe:
- Take coarsest available Epsom salt or sugar (1-2 cups), warmed coconut oil (1/2 cup) (or grape seed oil or olive oil) and peppermint essential oil (10-12 drops).
- Mix all those ingredients in one mixing bowl and transfer this solution into an airtight jar.
- This foot scrub can be used once per week before you take shower.
Tip: You may store and use the scrub for six months.
7. Simple Foot Scrub Recipe
Here are step by step to make this foot scrub recipe at home:
- Take coconut oil (3 tablespoons), sea salt (2 tablespoons) and peppermint essential oil (3-4 drops) or chopped mint (1 teaspoon). This much amount will be enough for around 3-4 applications.
- Then, mix well all those ingredients together in one mixing bowl. Message this concoction generously onto your feet and scrub with the fingers in back together with forth motions to remove dead skin cells, thus softening the rough patches. End with rinsing off this scrub and then dab with towel to remove any excess moisture.
8. Exfoliating And Soothing Foot Scrub Recipe
This foot scrub recipe is effective in removing dead skin cells and acts to smoothen your feet skin. Whereas the base oil element moisturizes, the salt content exfoliates. The lavender essential buds and oil give a tad of fragrance to relax and soothe tired feet. Here are easy steps to make it:
- Take 1 cup of Epsom salt or sea salt, base oil (olive or grape seed oil) (1/4 to 1/2 cup), lavender essential oil (7-8 drops) and dried lavender buds (2 tablespoon) (optional).
- Mix well all those ingredients in one mixing bowl to have a uniform consistency.
- Stir well and transfer this mixture into an airtight jar.
- Rub this mixture onto the damp feet and then use fingers to rub in circular motions, thus getting rid of the dead skin cells. Finally, rinse off this scrub and then apply a bit of oil or moisturizer.
9. Peppermint And Tea Tree Foot Scrub Recipe
This easy and simple foot scrub recipe is full refreshing to maintain your feet clean and soft. You will need sea salt, peppermint essential oil, tea tree essential oil, any base oil (carrier oil) and an airtight container/ jar. For carrier oil, you may use organic apricot oil.
- Sterilize the container by boiling for around 3-4 minutes and allow it to cool off.
- Then, pour sea salt into the jar so that it’s 3/4 full.
- After that, add in this base oil, thus it totally covers this sea salt.
- Mix in about five to six drops of each of the 2 essential oils.
- Now, this foot scrub is ready!
10. Pumpkin Foot Scrub Recipe
Pamper your cracked, dry feet with this simple moisturizing and soothing pumpkin foot scrub.
- 1/4 cup of canned or cooked pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoons of coffee grounds
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil or almond oil or olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in one small bowl, mixing well. Then, apply this pumpkin scrub to the feet, scrubbing gently with this mixture. Rinse using warm water together with gently towel dry.
- Any leftover scrub may be stored in your fridge for up to five days.
- This foot scrub recipe makes enough for two people.
11. Coffee Foot Scrub Recipe
- Ground coffee (4 tablespoons) (fresh is the best)
- Corn meal (3 tablespoons) (or ground oatmeal)
- Epsom salt or sea salt (3 tablespoons)
- Olive or Almond oil (3 tablespoons)
- Lavender oil (2 drops ) (for relaxation) or peppermint (2 drops) (for an energy boost)
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Scrub the feet in circular motion
- After that, rinse off using warm water and pat it dry
- Finish by massaging with the favorite foot cream.
Learn more: Health Advantages Of Coffee And Milk 2014
12. Avocado Foot Scrub Recipe
What You Need:
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 avocado pit
- 1/4 cup of cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- Coffee grinder or spice mill
- Foot basin
- Allow the pit to sit for 2 days until dry. Then, break into many small pieces.
- Grind this pit with a coffee grinder or spice mill until it is gritty.
- Scoop this fruit out of ½ an avocado, but save its skin and set aside.
- Then, mash the cornmeal and avocado. Add avocado pit powder (1/4 cup) and sea salt.
- After that, use one foot basin to mildly massage this mixture on to the feet and toes. Rinse with warm water.
- You can rub any calloused parts with this avocado peel using the inside of this peel next to the skin. This oil will moisturize the skin. Don’t rinse off. Your skin can turn green, but hold rubbing and it’ll go away.
13. Strawberry Foot Scrub Recipe
- 3 strawberries
- Salt- rock salt (1 tablespoon)
- Oils of your choice (2 tablespoons)
- Several newspaper to sit the feet on
- A bowel or bucket of warm water
- Chop up these strawberries.
- Then, place all the ingredients in one small bowl and now mush them using the back of one spoon.
- Scrub the feet for two minutes, and then leave this scrub on for another 5 to 10 minutes
- Finally, wash it off.
14. Brown Sugar Foot Scrub Recipe
Brown sugar helps in removing the dead skin cells.
- Brown sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Ground oats (2 tablespoons)
- Aloe vera gel (2 tablespoons)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon almond oil or olive oil
- Before you begin preparing this scrub, you grind this oatmeal using a food processor or coffee grinder. It must be of sandy consistency, light and flaky otherwise it’ll scratch the skin.
- Then, mix all these ingredients in one large bowl. Mix till it resembles a paste.
- After that, use circular motion and gently massage.
- Rinse off using warm water.
15. Salt Foot Scrub Recipe
- 1 cup of Epsom salt or sea salt
- Cold water (1/2 cup)
- Lavender essential oil (2 drops)
- Begin by gradually adding water to lavender oil and salt.
- As you’re adding it, you want to ensure the mixture starts looking like one paste. It must be not too solid and not too liquid, it should be similar soft though otherwise it’ll run between your fingers
- Next rub the feet and then soles in circular motion.
- Lastly, rinse off using warm water.
16. Overnight Foot Masque
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- Food grade cocoa butter (3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 dry oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Process almonds in a coffee grinder or blender until finely ground. Set aside.
- In the same blender, you pulse your oatmeal till the same consistency.
- In one bowl, combine ground oatmeal, honey, cocoa butter, and ground almonds.
- Then, rub into the clean feet, then step into cotton socks, and allow on overnight.
- Remove the socks in the next morning, and rinse the feet in cool water. Pat dry.
- We suggest you not remove these socks until you are standing in the tub.
17. Lime Foot Scrub Recipe
Here are step by step instructions to make this foot scrub recipe at home:
- 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- Fifteen fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
- 5 drops of lime essential oil
- Cut the limes into many small pieces.
- Then, put all these lime pieces into one blender and create a pulp.
- Mix this lime pulp with mint leaves, almond oil and essential oil.
- Now, this lime foot scrub recipe is ready to be applied.
18. Sugar Foot Scrub Recipe
Here are detailed directions for you to follow:
- ¼ cup sugar (brown or white)
- 6 drops of orange essential oil
- ¼ cup of sweet almond oil
- 1 teaspoon of powdered cayenne pepper
- 1 drop of ginger essential oil
- Take one plastic bowl and mix together almond oil and in it.
- Add ginger oil and orange oil and mix well.
- Then, stir in the cayenne pepper as the last ingredient.
- Now, this sugar foot scrub recipe is available to be used.
19. Banana Pulp Foot Scrub Recipe
Banana pulp works as one good moisturizer and leaves the feet with much smoother and softer skin.
- 1 banana
- Luke warm water
- Take a banana and next mash it using a fork and apply this pulp to your feet.
- Keep for 15 minutes and lastly wash it off using lukewarm water.
To get more information related to effective ways for skin care, go to our main Home Skin Care page. After studying the writing of 19 natural homemade foot scrub recipes, hope that this article will help you learn more some easy and simple recipes to make the foot scrub. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other foot scrub recipes to us.