A cold is a common infection that affects everyone at any age. This condition is caused by different kinds of viruses. Children, infants, and babies easily get this problem because the immune system is weaker than the adults. In this article, Vkool.com will show you top 9 secrets how to treat colds naturally for infants, babies, children, and even adults. This writing is for informational purpose only so you should go to see the doctor if the problem is serious.
How To Treat Colds Naturally For Infants At Home
Some typical symptoms of colds are body aches, sore throat, itchy eyes, high fever, cough, runny nose, and headache. Here are top 9 tips how to treat colds naturally for infants you are looking for:
Cinnamon is one of the best ingredients to treat colds and cough. Cinnamon might reduce sore throat and pain shortly and here is the method how to treat colds with cinnamon at home:
- Combine some cloves and a tablespoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of boiling water.
- Simmer it for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain and drink it warm.
- For better taste, you can add some honey into the mixture.
- Drink it 3 times daily.
- Alternatively, you can get honey with some drops of cinnamon bark oil.
Learn more: Remedies For Nasal Problem
Garlic is a perfect at-home treatment for colds due to its antiviral and antibacterial properties. This spicy is very useful to improve immune system, open respiratory passages, remove toxins from body, and reduce symptoms of colds. You can do this treatment at home to treat colds for infants, children, as well as adults.
- Method 1:
- Mix ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper, a teaspoon of honey, some teaspoons of lemon juice, and a garlic clove.
- Consume the mixture every day to reduce cold signs.
- Method 2: you also can boil some garlic cloves with a cup of water, add some honey and drink it 3 times each day.
- Method 3: you might eat raw garlic or use garlic oil on drink and foods. If the infants cannot eat raw, you should cook garlic with foods to taste.
Honey seems to be an excellent remedy for treating colds in infants. This is great in decreasing throat irritation and reducing cold. The reason is that honey contains enzymes and nutrients to fight viruses and bacteria that lead your colds. Simply, you just mix a teaspoon of lemon juice and some teaspoons of honey and consume it every day. You also can swallow raw honey each day to get the better results.
Tea is a favorite drink for adults. How to treat colds for infants with spice tea? Follow this instruction:
- Grind ½ cup of coriander seeds, ½ tablespoon of fennel seeds, and ½ tablespoon of cumin and ¼ teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Boil the entire ingredient with a glass of water.
- Add ½ tablespoon of the spice powder and ½ teaspoon of rock candy.
- Simmer for some minutes.
- Add some milk.
- Boil it again, strain the tea, and sip it hot.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory, expectorant, and antiviral properties that can get rid of cold symptoms very well. How to treat colds with ginger?
- You can eat raw ginger or have some cups of ginger tea every day. You can add some honey, lemon juice on ginger tea to drink it.
- You can mix some jiggery, ghee, and ginger powder to consume every morning before breakfast.
Chicken soup has previous vitamin and nutrients that can improve your health as well as treat some common conditions like cold. Chicken soup also includes high antioxidants to boost up the treating process. Moreover, this recipe will improve your immune system and provide you more energy when the body is week. Chicken soup is especially good for infants and children.
To treat colds in infants, you might try to use the syrup made from red onion. The solution is:
- Get some red onions and slice them horizontally. Put them into a bowl and add some honey.
- Cover and leave the bowl for 12-15 hours.
- Open the bowl and drink the syrup several times each day to relieve sore throats and symptoms of the cold.
Milk is a nutritious drink for babies, infants, children, and adults. How to treat colds with milk? You just need to follow the direction as below:
- You boil the milk and add ½ tablespoon of ginger powder and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Cool it naturally and drink it warm.
- Drink it twice per day to get the best results.
- Also, you can drink some cups of milk everyday to get rid of colds shortly and naturally.
Taking a rest is necessary for everyone at any age when they get ill. This is a simple and necessary way to get rid of colds shortly and recover your energy, especially for infants and children. You need to prepare a comfortable place for infants to relax. If the infants get difficulties sleeping or resting on bed, you should help them do this easier.
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Remedies Index page. After reading the writing of top 9 tips on how to treat colds naturally for infants, I hope that you have learned some useful solutions to get rid of colds effectively at home. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, please leave them below.
Related articles on cold treatments:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Urinate now review – is the method to treat shy bladder of Jake Rubin effective?
- 12 Amazing health benefits of potatoes and potato juice
- 17 natural home remedies for stomach gas that work
- Causes of stress and how to manage it for good
- 16 Ways On How To Lower ALT Levels For Liver You Should Know
- 7 Tips How To Avoid Junk Food And Lose Weight
- Top 9 Beauty & Health Benefits Of Eating Eggs
- How to use ginger for morning sickness – 16 effective ways