I know that beautiful hair is the identity of all of women in over the world. Owning a strong and healthy hair makes women become self-confident and attractive. I believe that every woman desires to have shiny, thick, and healthy hair. However, how do you feel if your hair is damaged and dull? Currently, most of youth is suffering from serious hair problems including dandruff, hair fall, dry hair, and other hair problems. So, I’m here to help you and other women get rid of their hair problems quickly, effectively and naturally within a few weeks. From the site Vkool.com, I made this article to show you a collection of 25 natural hair remedies for damaged hair and dry hair.
25 Natural Hair Remedies For Women With Hair Issues Are Revealed
1. Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Vinegar is one of amazing natural hair remedies that will help wash away any build up on your hair and leave your hair beautiful. Everything you need to do is to rinse your hair in apple cider vinegar after shampooing and conditioning.
If you want to handle your dry hair, apple cider vinegar is the perfect choice you have. Instead of using costly hair shampoos, a simple massage of the apple cider vinegar will work better. To use apple cider vinegar for dry hair, you need to follow steps including:
- Step 1 – Take out some apple cider vinegars in a bowl
- Step 2 – Use a cotton ball, and then apply it on the hair and scalp
- Step 3 – Rinse your hair after 5 to 10 minutes
2. Use Coconut Oil
Do you know how coconut oil is beneficial for your hair? You should believe that coconut oil is one of fantastic all natural hair remedies.It is also considered as a magical remedy for healing dry hair. To apply this oil into your hair, you need to follow simple steps such as:
- Step 1 – melt down the oil, and then wait until it cools and next put this oil on your hair
- Step 2 – you need to massage a few drops of coconut oil on your scalp and hair. With the help of your fingertips, you will massage your scalp easily and comfortable.
- Step 3 – next, you leave it for the whole night and then rinse it off in the next morning. In addition, you can use the warm coconut oil for your damaged hair.
3. Use Honey
After you hair shampooed, you can try putting a little bit of honey that you have on your hair. Next, you leave it on your hair for a few minutes, and then rinse it out before conditioning. I believe that if you use this remedy, your hair will be super shiny and softer and look amazing.
- Step 1 – massage approximately 1/2 cup of honey into clean and damp hair
- Step 2 – let it sit for about 20 minutes, then rinse with the warm water
- Step 3 -you can add 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil to loosen the honey
- Step 4 – try mixing honey with one or two teaspoons of a protein-rich ingredient such as avocado or egg yolk for extremely sun-damaged hair. This protein-rich ingredient will help refill the keratin protein bonds, which UV rays attack. Using this recipe once a month to treat your damaged hair
4. Beer Rinse
Beer is one of good natural hair remedies for dry hair, but a lot of people do not think about it when they look at all natural dry hair treatments. Only with a bit of beer rinsing throughout your hair, it can help restore your hair quickly within a few weeks.
Detailed steps you can follow:
- Step 1 – mix 1/2 cup of flat beer
- Step 2 – pour beer into a container and then allow it to sit for 2 hours to deplete carbonation
- Step 3 – mix beer with 1 teaspoon of light oil (canola or sunflower) and a raw egg
- Step 4 – apply this mixture to your clean, damp hair, and let it sit for about 15 minutes
- Step 5 – rinse with the cool water
Learn more: 15 Homemade, Natural Hair Masks For Fine Hair
Plain yogurt is high in probiotics, so it helps condition hair and then increase hair growth. To make a great conditioning treatment, which can remove residue, you only need to blend 1/2 cup of plain yogurt until smooth and then apply it to your hair. Next, you wrap your hair in a towel and then wash after 15 minutes. Finally, add 1 egg to this mixture and then reduce the wait time to 10 minutes for an extra frizz reduction. In addition, you can add a few drops of olive oil or mustard oil in this yogurt bowl and apply this mixture on your hair before shampooing.
Note: the yogurt recipe should be used in warm summer months because the yogurt brings down your body temperature.
Keeping reading the next part of this writing to discover other natural hair remedies for your hair
Ingredients you need are:
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of sour cream or 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil
- Step 1 – mash 1/2 avocado in a bowl
- Step 2 – apply it to washed hair
- Step 3 – let it sit on your hair for 15 minutes, then rinse and style
- Step 4 – if avocado is not available, you can try about 1/2 cup of mayonnaise instead
- Step 5 – before rinsing with the water, you can combine mashed avocado with 1 or 2 teaspoons of sour cream or egg yolk or mayonnaise. This treatment can be used every 2 weeks.
To treat for dry hair, you can add ¼ cup of milk with 1 teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil in the puree and then stir it well. Next, you apply this creamy avocado puree on the hair and hair roots. Then, you wear a shower cap for about 15 minutes and wash off the hair with the lukewarm water. In addition, you can add a few drops of the peppermint essential oil in the mashed avocado paste. Next, you can apply this paste after shampooing hair and let it rest for 15 minutes, and rinse off with water.
Flour is one of the best natural hair remedies for your hair roots that are a bit greasy. You can use either a dry sponge or your fingers to apply this remedy. To make this recipe, you need to have 1 tablespoon of flour, and then you apply it into your hair roots. Next, you focus on the hair areas where they are most oily. Then you let the flour sit on your hair for about 3 to 5 minutes, and next, you brush through hair with your fingers or your comb to eliminate any remaining flour. This flour remedy can be used for many days in a row to help reduce oil as well as unwanted shine.
Learn more: How To Get Healthy Hair Fast & Naturally
8. Coconut Butter
Coconut butter is one of fantastic natural hair remedies for your hair’s health. This ingredient is like egg that is high in fatty acids and proteins. One of benefits of coconut butter is to help reduce UV damage on your hair and skin. To use this ingredient on your hair, you need to follow steps such as:
- Step 1 – massage about 1 tablespoon of the room temperature coconut butter within your hands until you see it is malleable
- Step 2 – apply it to hair only like you use a leave-in conditioner
- Step 3 – let it on your hair for a few minute, and then rinse out. This is a great way for you when you are at the beach. It will leave your hair smelling super yummy
9. Olive Oil And Lemon
If you are suffering from an itchy scalp, I will show you a recipe called olive oil and lemon recipe. I believe that this hair recipe will become the best friend for your dry hair. In fact, scalps can itch for a number of reasons involving dry weather, stress, or an allergic reaction to products for hair care. To treat this itchy scalp, you should use a few drops of olive oil and 1 lemon. You mixture these ingredients together and apply it on your hair. This will help reduce flaking and get the extra moisture for your dry skin. This recipe is very easy to do with simple steps such as:
- Step 1 – Combine 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, with a few drops of olive oil and water, and then, you massage it onto your itchy scalp
- Step 2 – Let this mixture set for around 20 minutes, and then rinse off and wash as usual. One of benefits of lemon is to help exfoliate your scalp whilst the olive oil moisturizes.
10. Baking Soda
Everything from your hairspray to your shampoo can leave unwanted residues on your scalp. If you are suffering for dry hair or damaged hair, try applying a baking soda rinse to eliminate that extra residue. Everything you need to have includes 2 teaspoons of baking soda, and ½ cup of water.
Detailed steps: Firstly, you mix 2 tablespoons baking soda with 1/2 cup of water, and then you massage this mixture into your hair from your scalp to ends. Let the mixture set for roughly 15 minutes, and then rinse and wash as normal. You can apply this remedy 2 times each month or whenever your hair needs some extra cleaning.
If you want to know other natural hair remedies, continue reading the next part of this writing
11. Egg Remedy
One of the most used natural hair remedies for dry hair and damaged hair is egg yolk. Do you know how egg yolk works for your hair? It is known as a natural conditioner and moisturizer for dry hair.
To apply egg yolk on your hair, you just need to mix 2 eggs with ½ cup of olive oil. Then, you stir this mixture well and you apply it directly on your hair. Finally, you cover your head with your shower cap and then rinse after 60 minutes.
If you want to moisturize your dry and rough hair, you use egg whites, then you separate the white part of egg, and next, you damp it on your hair. You can leave it for about 20 minutes before washing it off.
Another way to apply this remedy on your hair is to add 2 tbps ofolive oil or coconut oil in 3 eggs. Then, stir it well, and add 1 tbp of honey. In addition, you can put in this mixture with a few drops of lemon extract. Next, apply this mixture on your scalp and hair and cover it with a shower cap. Finally, wash it off with the lukewarm water after about 30 minutes.
Moreover, egg can be used with yogurt. Firstly, you just beat 2 eggs in 1/2 cup of full-fat yogurt. Then, you add 1½ tbps of almond oil. Next, you stir it well until you feel it turns creamy. Then, you massage your hair and scalp with this mixture. Finally, after massaging, you cover your head with a shower cap or a towel, and you wash it off with the lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
12. Sesame Oil And Lemon Juice Remedy
Sesame oil is one of the best natural hair remedies for your dry hair. It is known as an excellent nourishing oil. Because it is a great source of minerals and vitamins, it will help strengthen your hair and increase your blood circulation in your scalp.
- One tablespoon of root juice
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- One tablespoon of sesame oil
Directions: Simply you mix 1 tablespoon each of root juice, 1tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 of tablespoon sesame oil together. Then, you apply the mixture on your scalp and hair. Next, you wrap your head with the hot towel. Finally, after 30 minutes, you rinse with shampoo.
13. Milk Remedy
Milk is classified in a rich-protein group. Milk also is a good source of minerals and healthy fats that act as nutrients for the human body, and that help strengthen cells involving hair cells. To cure your dry hair, you should pour some cups of unboiled milk in a bowl. Then, you soak a cotton ball in this milk bowl and apply it on your hair and scalp. After 60 minutes, you wash your hair entirely.
In addition, to make your hair smooth and shiny, you need to follow the following steps:
- Step 1 – separate 1 egg yolk in a bowl
- Step 2 – add a few olive oil drops in it
- Step 3 – add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in it
- Step 4 – stir it well
- Step 5 – shampoo your hair and scalp with the lukewarm water
- Step 6 – apply milk on your head and then let it rest for about 5-10 minutes
- Step 7 – after a stipulated time, you can wash your hair
- Step 8 – massage your hair and scalp with the prepared olive oil and yolk mixture
- Step 9 – wash your hair and scalp with the cold water and then dry them with your hair dryer
14. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves is one of effective and natural hair remedies for damaged hair. It also is a good ingredient that helps add taste to your foods. Curry leaves are known as a herb that is rich in calcium, phosphorous, vitamins, and iron.
Ingredients you need to prepare:
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
Directions: firstly, you heat 2 or 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, then you add 5 to 6 curry leaves in it. Next, you heat it for some minutes and then let it cool down. Secondly, you apply this mixture on your scalp and hair. Thirdly, you wrap the head with a warm towel for about 15 minutes. Hair care experts say that this ayurvedic treatment can surely nourish your hair.
15. Banana Remedy
Banana is one of the most used natural hair remedies for the treatment of damaged hair. Banana is rich in antioxidants, potassium, and vitamins that make them become a beautifying fruit. If you want to use it for treating dry hair, you need to make a banana paste.
- Two ripe bananas
- One tablespoon of honey
- One tablespoon of coconut oil
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Step 1 – blend 2 ripe bananas and then add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Step 2 – Apply this paste on your hair for about 15 minutes
- Step 3 – Wash off your scalp and hair with the warm water
- Step 4 – You also can use bananas with egg. Firstly, you grind 2 over ripe bananas and then add 2 eggs. Next, you beat this mixture properly and add some drops of honey to it. Then, you apply this pack on your hair and scalp. Finally, after 30 minutes, you rinse off with shampoo.
16. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seed also is one of new natural hair remedies for your dry hair. Experts say that fenugreek seeds have conditioning properties that help control dry hair.
- 50 grams of fenugreek seeds
- 4 tablespoons of yogurt
- A few drops of olive oil
- A few drops of honey
- Step 1 – Soak 50 grams of fenugreek seeds in the water for overnight
- Step 2 – Next morning, you crush them to create a fine paste
- Step 3 – Add 4 tablespoons of yogurt to it
- Step 4 – Add some drops of olive oil with some drops of honey
- Step 5 – Mix all the ingredients well
- Step 6 – Apply this paste on your hair and scalp
- Step 7 – Wrap it with your shower cap and then leave it on for about 45 minutes
- Step 8 – Rinse off your scalp and hair with a mild shampoo.
- Step 9 – For effective results, you should practice this method 2 a week. Simply, you can apply plain fenugreek paste on your scalp and hair, because it can also provide you with effective results.
17. Olive Oil And Peeled Cucumber Remedy
Olive oil is known as one of the best treatment for dry hair. In addition, olive oil can be used to massage your head.
All of ingredients you need are:
- 1 egg or 2 egg yolks
- 1 peeled cucumber
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Step 1 – warm some drops of olive oil
- Step 2 – Apply it on your scalp with your fingertips
- Step 3 – Massage your scalp and hair for some time
- Step 4 – Rinse your scalp and hair with a shampoo to eliminate oil from hair
If you want to prepare the olive oil pack, you need to blend 1 egg with 1 peeled cucumber. Then you add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to this mixture. Next, you apply this smooth mixture on your hair and then wear a shower cap on your head. For 10 minutes later, you wash off your scalp and hair 2 times with a shampoo.
In addition, you can have an option to use this olive oil with 2 egg yolk. Simply, you only need to mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in 2 egg yolks. You add this mixture in ½ cup of water to dilute it. Then, you apply this paste on your head for about 20 minutes. Finally, you wash your hair and scalp with shampoo.
18. Mayonnaise Remedy
Mayonnaise is a product that is rich in protein. It can help you in making your hair shiny, soft, and healthy.
- ½ cup of full fat mayonnaise
- 1-2 egg
- 1/3 cup of almond oil
- a plastic cap
- Step 1 – Take ½ cup of full fat mayonnaise and then apply it on your hair and scalp
- Step 2 – Massage gently and then, you cover your head with the plastic cap
- Step 3 – Let it rest for about 30 minutes
- Step 4 – Rinse off with the lukewarm water
In addition, you also can add 1/3 cup of the almond oil with ¼ cup of mayonnaise. Then, you add 1 to 2 eggs in it and next, you stir this mixture well. Finally, you apply it on your hair, and wear a shower cap if necessary, and wash off your scalp and hair with the diluted vinegar. Moreover, mayonnaise oil can be applied on your hair. You only need to apply it for 15 minutes, and rinse your hair.
You will discover other safe and natural hair remedies in the next part of this writing
19. Aloe Vera Remedy
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of fenugreek powder
- 2 teaspoons of crushed hibiscus flower
- 1 teaspoon of basil powder
- 2 teaspoons of castor oil
- Step 1 – Prepare a mixture including 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, and 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- Step 2 – Stir these ingredients properly and apply them on hair
- Step 3 – You also can prepare a paste of aloe vera by mixing 2 teaspoons of the crushed hibiscus flower paste with 1 teaspoon of olive oil in ½ cup of aloe vera gel
Another way for preparing 1 paste of aloe vera is adding 2 teaspoons of castor oil with ½ cup of the aloe vera gel. Then, you add 2 teaspoons of the fenugreek powder with 1 teaspoon of basil powder. Next, you mix all these ingredients well to create a thick paste. Finally, you apply this paste on your hair as a mask before going to sleep, and you allow it to stay for overnight.
20. Gelatine Remedy
- A cup of water
- 1 packet of gelatin
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 4 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Step 1 – heat a cup of water
- Step 2 – add 1 packet of gelatine to it
- Step 3 – stir it well to create a thick gel
- Step 4 – shampoo your hair and then apply gelatine on your hair and scalp
- Step 5 – after some time, you rinse your scalp and hair with the warm water
Alternatively, you add gelatine to the regular shampoo and then rinse your hair with it. In addition, you can prepare a mixture of 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of gelatine, and 4 drops of the rosemary essential oil. Next, you mix all these ingredients with 1 cup of filtered water. Then, you massage the mixture on your shampooed hair. After about 15 minutes, you wash your hair. To get the better results, you should practice once a week.
21. Filtered Shower
Do you know the water that you often use for shampooing your hair includes a huge amount of chlorine? This compound may destroy your hair and cause several problems such as split ends, hair loss,itchy scalp and dry hair. Therefore, to maintain shine and strength of your hair, you need to use filtered shower because it helps reduce the contents of chlorine and sulphur.
In addition, to prevent your beautiful hair from having damaged and dry hair, you need to practice the following preventive measures:
- Don’t tie hair tightly
- Don’t wash hair frequently
- Avoid combing wet hair
- Don’t use plastic bristles with a comb
- Avoid using hair dryers
- Trim hair regularly
- Maintain a proper diet
- Drink plenty of water
- Massage hair before shampooing
- Practice relaxing and stress-relief activities
- Use a natural conditioner after washing hair
- Avoid harsh chemicals
- Consumeeggs, sweet potatoes, walnuts, salmon,lentils, oysters, spinach, and blueberries
- Protect your hair from the UV rays by using suitable creams, sprays, and serums
- Use a silk or satin pillow while sleeping
- Wear a cap or hat while stepping out under the sun
- Avoid applying the flat iron on your wet hair
- Avoid smoking
- Rinse hair with the cold water
Learn more: How To Naturally Regrow Lost Hair book
22. Homemade Herbal Shampoo
- 500 grams of shikakai
- 250 grams of fenugreek
- 250 grams of green gram
- 100 grams of soap beans
- 1packet of curry leaves
- 1 packet of basil leaves
Preparing herbal shampoo at home is one of the best natural hair remedies. If you want to prepare your own herbal shampoo at home, you have to have 500 grams of shikakai, 250 grams of fenugreek, 250 grams of green gram, 100 grams of soap beans, 1 packet of curry leaves, and 1 packet of basil leaves. Next, you need to keep all of these ingredients in a clean cloth in the sun for about 2 days. When you see they get dry, you will crush them all to produce a fine powder. To use it, you can mix a little bit of this shampoo with the cold or warm water to shampoo your hair.
Learn more: Secrets To Growing Black Hair Long book
23. Cocoa Butter
- 2 ounces of jojoba oil
- 8 ounces of raw cocoa butter pieces
- 1 ounce of sweet almond oil or sesame oil
- Step 1 – Mix 2 ounces of jojoba oil, 8 ounces of raw cocoa butter pieces, and 1 ounce of sweet almond oil or sesame oil
- Step 2 – Allow this mixture to rest until it gets thick
- Step 3 – Soak your hair with water
- Step 4 – Take this mixture in your palms and then apply it on hair
- Step 5 – Rinse with water
24. Shea Butter
- 100 grams of shea butter
- 20 drops of lemongrass oil
- 20 grams of apricot kernel oil
- 10 drops of rosemary oil
- 40 grams of cornstarch
- Step 1 – Melt 100 grams of shea butter in a double boiler
- Step 2 – On cooling, add 20 grams of apricot kernel oil to it
- Step 3 – Whip this mixture and add about 10 drops of rosemary oil, 20 drops of lemongrass oil, and 40 grams of cornstarch
- Step 4 – Mix them well and apply them on hair
- Step 5 – Rinse with the water
25. Pumpkin Remedy
- 1 potato masher
- 2 cups of pumpkin juice
- Plain yogurt, honey or coconut oil
- Step 1 – Take 2 cups of pumpkin juice and then boil it for about 20 minutes
- Step 2 – After boiling, you need to mash it with one potato masher to create a paste
- Step 3 – Add plain yogurt, honey or coconut oil in the paste
- Step 4 – Stir it well and then apply it on your hair for about 15-20 minutes
- Step 5 – Rinse your scalp and hair with shampoo
To see all of our writings about topics on hair care tips and recipes, go to our main Hair Care page. After reading my writing of 25 all natural hair remedies for damaged hair and dry hair, I hope that it helps you find out the best natural hair remedies for your hair type. I also show you step by step recipes that are easy to understand and follow. Got a question? Need answers? Leave a comment below. Now are you ready to try using these natural hair remedies for your hair issues?