Many of the similar wholesome foods which you eat to help the skin glow from the inside-out may also be used externally, like cleansers, skin masks and moisturizers. Below you will find recipes for many skincare products which you can prepare at home with several simple ingredients. Some of the best glow-inducing, skin-nourishing and line-reducing skincare ingredients may be available in our own kitchen. You should try these DIY recipes with organic ingredients to help protect the environment, decrease your exposure to toxins as well as get ready to put the best face forward. In this article, VKool.com will introduce you natural organic skin care recipes: 24 easy recipes. The writing collected a list of recipes from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advices and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn these 24 natural organic skin care recipes in more detail!
Natural Organic Skin Care Recipes: 24 Easy Recipes
1. Organic Avocado, Yogurt And Banana Face Mask
All the vitamins, oils and minerals that nourish your skin also nourish your body.
Looking for the natural organic skin care recipes, you should not pass the recipe. Greek yogurt reduces redness and inflammation as well, while banana and avocado provide natural moisture. For best results, what you need to do:
- 1 teaspoon mashed avocado
- 1/4 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon of Greek yogurt plain
- 1/8 teaspoon of brewer’s yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon of coconut milk
First of all, purée avocado and banana and next add the rest of these ingredients and then mix well. Now apply mask and allow on for up to twenty minutes. Finally, rinse well.
2. Organic Pumpkin Enzyme Face Mask
Seeking the natural organic skin care recipes, you should not pass this recipe. Lemon juice mildly exfoliates and pumpkin enzymes that translates to brighter skin. Especially, pumpkin seed oil is rich in fatty acids that plump your outer layer of skin. Here are step by step directions for you to follow:
- One can pumpkin pie purée
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin seed oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
Firstly, mix pumpkin (half a can) with the rest of these ingredients. Then apply mask and allow on for around 10-15 minutes. Lastly, rinse well.
3. Organic Aloe And Cucumber Mask
This recipe is also one of the natural organic skin care recipes. Aloe and cucumber are both excellent for soothing irritated, sensitive skin. The high water present in cucumbers cools your inflamed skin—particularly when chilled. Aloe has natural skin hydrators. Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
- 1 large leaf of aloe plant, washed and chopped
- 1 cup of chopped cucumber
Firstly, purée the aloe vera and cucumber. Then apply mask, allow on for up to half an hour and wash with cool water.
4. Organic Tea Toner
This recipe is also considered among one of the best natural organic skin care recipes. High in vitamin C as well as skin-healing flavonoids, this toner is effective for undoing sun damage. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- 1 rosehips tea bag
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon rind
First of all, steep your tea in some lightly boiling water for around 15 minutes. Next add the grated citrus and then set aside for another fifteen minutes. Pour into one jar, seal and keep in your refrigerator entire night. Strain and store the finished toner in your refrigerator. After that, use as one post-cleanse facial splash or dab on with the help of one cotton ball after cleansing.
Learn more: Top 10 Amazing Health Advantages Of Tea
5. Organic Raw Honey And Oatmeal Mask
Oatmeal is incredibly soothing and honey is naturally antibacterial, making the mask ideal for treating acne-prone skin. This is also one of the best natural organic skin care recipes. Here are detailed instructions for you to follow:
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of filtered warm water
- ½ cup of raw honey
First of all, combine the warm water and oatmeal and leave the oatmeal to absorb this water. Next add honey, mix, and now apply the mixture. Allow on for up to half an hour. Rinse well.
Learn more: 15 Recipes And Benefits Of Using Honey On Skin
6. Soothing Lavender Body Wash
This is also one of the greatest organic skin care recipes. Lavender essential oil gives the body wash one fragrant scent and grapeseed oil helps maintain skin healthy. For the best results, you can do it like follow:
- 1/2 cup of liquid, unscented castile soap
- Grapeseed oil (1 teaspoon)
- Lavender essential oil (4 drops)
Firstly, pour all of these ingredients into one container and next swirl to mix, and keep in the shower for about one month.
7. Mother Nature’s Moisturizer
There are many simple plant oils which you can use in order to moisturize the skin, all of which can be kept in your bathroom. Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
- 1/2 cup of cocoa butter
- Beeswax (2 tablespoons), finely chopped or grated
- Filtered water (2 teaspoons)
- Grapeseed oil (3 tablespoons)
- Coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- Wheat germ oil (1 tablespoons)
First of all, combine beeswax and water in a saucepan and then heat until melted. Afterwards add cocoa butter and stir till smooth. Let to cool somewhat, later add oils. Pour into one glass jar, and leave it to cool completely.
8. Grapeseed Face Wash
This is also one of the most excellent organic skin care recipes. The face wash will clean the skin without drying it out. For positive effects, what you need to do:
- 1 cup of full-fat, plain yogurt
- Grapeseed oil (2 tablespoons)
- Freshly-squeezed lemon juice (1tablespoon)
Whip all of these ingredients till smooth. Pour this solution in one tightly-sealed glass jar and keep in the refrigerator. The facial wash will store for a couple of weeks.
Learn more: Grapeseed Oil Uses And Benefits For Skin Lightening & Its Benefits
9. Chamomile Facial Cleansing Gel
This is also one of the top organic skin care recipes. To gain satisfied results, what you need to do:
- One chamomile herbal tea bag
- Filtered water (1-1/2 cup)
- Whole (not ground) flaxseeds (2 teaspoons)
- Organic rolled oats (1/2 cup), finely ground in one blender
- Fine mesh strainer
- Bring this water to a boil in one saucepan, turn off heat, and next drop in this tea bag.
- Allow to steep for about 5 minutes, and then remove this bag and add these flaxseeds.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for fifteen minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and let to cool.
- After that, pour cooled mixture through one fine mesh strainer, into one glass jar.
- In order to use, sprinkle ground rolled oats (a small amount) in the palm of the hand, and combine with the flax gel (a small amount).
- Scrub your face gently, and wash well.
- Store the oats and the gel separately in your refrigerator. They will both store for a few weeks.
10. Banana Face Mask
Here are detailed instructions for you to follow:
- 1 overly-ripe banana
- Honey (1 tablespoons)
- One squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Whip all of these ingredients till smooth, and apply. For the better results, you should cleanse and steam the face before applying. Allow on for about 15 minutes, and later wipe clean using a warm washcloth.
There are a lot of other natural organic skin care recipes presented in this article, so continue reading!
11. Honey And Yogurt Face Mask
This is also one of the most effective natural organic skin care recipes. For desired results, what you need to do:
- Full-fat, plain yogurt (1 tablespoons)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
Combine ingredients till smooth, and apply. For best results, you had better cleanse and steam the face before applying. Allow on for about 15 minutes, and after that wipe clean using a warm washcloth.
12. Mild Herbal Skin Cleanser
- 1 cup of water
- Dried herb (1 teaspoon) or fresh herbs (a handful)
- 1 tablespoon of powdered milk
Suggested herbs: Rosemary or peppermint for oily skin; rose for normal, sensitive and dry skin and fennel for dry skin.
- Firstly, make an infusion with this herb and water (1 cup). To create the infusion, you pour boiling water over fresh or dried flowers or leaves, and secure the container tightly in order to prevent the escape of the volatile oils. Steep around 10 to 15 minutes, then strain.
- Let it to cool to one comfortable temperature and then combine infused water into this powdered milk. Now apply the liquid to the face using a cloth or cotton ball and finally rinse with cool water.
13. Herbal Facial Scrub
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of cornmeal
- 1/3 cup of dried herbs (such as lavender, peppermint, rose petals, calendula, or a combination of herbs)
- Almonds, sugar or clay (optional; use in mixture to total one tablespoon or alone )
- In one clean coffee grinder, mix the oatmeal, herbs, cornmeal, and almonds, sugar or clay, if using. Grind this mixture to one fine powder. You can also use a pestle and mortar.
- To use, place some of this mixture in your hand palm. Add enough water to create a paste. Apply this mixture evenly over the face, avoiding your eyes. Gently massage the scrub into your skin with circular motions. Wash thoroughly.
- Keep the scrub in one tightly sealed container in a dry, cool location for up to three months.
14. Simple Herbal Facial Steam
- ½ cup of dried herbs (such as Roman or German chamomile, calendula, orange or another citrus peel, rosemary, lavender flowers, peppermint, or rose petals)
- Bring water (a 3-quart pot) to a boil, and next remove this from the heat.
- Include the herbs to this pot of steaming water.
- Wait several minutes to allow this water to cool slightly.
- Then place the face about twelve inches above this pot and drape one towel over your head.
- Leave the steam to bathe your skin of the face for a moment or 2.
- After that, remove this towel, raise the head, and take several breaths of fresh air.
- Follow this process for a maximum of around 5 to 10 minutes.
- As these herbs steep, this rising steam will open the pores and carry these aromatic volatile oil components of these herbs to the facial skin.
- In order to finish, use a cleanser, mask or scrub if desired, and afterwards splash the face by using toner or cool—not cold—water to close your pores.
Dried flowers and herbs, such as chamomile, rose petals and orange peel, can be included to homemade facial steams.
15. Simple Mask For Dry Skin
- Plain thick yogurt (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey or 1 egg yolk
- Few drops olive or coconut oil
- In a small bowl, you whisk together the honey or egg yolk, yogurt, and oil.
- Take a cotton ball in order to apply this mask to the face, avoiding your eye area.
- Allow the mask on for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash thoroughly with warm water and after that splash your face using cool water.
Learn more: 12 Best Essential Oils For Treating Dry Skin
16. Simple Mask For Oily Skin
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon citrus juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg white
- In a blender, mix the egg white, banana and vinegar or juice.
- Next blend to create a smooth paste. Apply the mask to the face with a cotton ball to, avoiding the eye area.
- Allow the mask on for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water and lastly splash your face by using cool water.
17. Basic Herbal Skin Toner
This is also one of the natural organic skin care recipes. Here are detailed instructions for you to follow:
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- In a small jar, you combine the lemon juice or vinegar and water.
- Spray or splash your face using the toner, avoiding the eyes.
- There is no need to wash; this toner will evaporate fast.
- Vinegar toners will maintain indefinitely at room temperature.
- Store lemon juice toner in your refrigerator for up to ten days.
Keep reading this writing to discover other natural organic skin care recipes.
18. Egg Face Mask
Eggs are packed with lecithin and protein, which is one natural lubricant for your skin. Here are easy steps for you to follow:
- 1 raw egg
- Sour cream(1 tablespoon)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
Mix together all of these ingredients and next slather over the face and neck. Allow the mask sit for about 15-20 minutes, and finally wash with lukewarm water.
19. Carrot Buttermilk Mask
Here are step by step directions:
- Fresh carrot juice (2 tablespoons)
- Powdered buttermilk(2 tablespoons)
- Mix the buttermilk and juice till you have a smooth paste.
- Later spread this mixture over the clean skin and let stay for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove by washing with lukewarm water and finally gently pat the face dry using a fluffy towel.
20. Lettuce Cleansing Lotion
Lettuce is loaded with vitamins, sulfur, phosphorous and silicon — all which will help to naturally maintain your skin's pH level as well as balance your complexion. For best results, what you need to do:
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- Water (4 cups)
- Benzoin (1/8 teaspoon) (found at the drugstore)
- Put the lettuce in one saucepan and next cover with the water.
- Then place over the medium heat and after that bring to one boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and then simmer for an hour.
- Remove this saucepan from this heat and allow cool completely.
- Strain all these solids and stir in this benzoin.
- Pour into one clean bottle and then use the lotion to rinse your skin at night or in the morning.
21. Royal Rose Toner
- Dried rose petals (1 tablespoon)
- White wine vinegar (1 cup)
- Rosewater (1/2 cup)
- Mix together the vinegar and rose petals and let this mixture stay for two weeks. Later strain and stir in this rosewater. Pour into one spray bottle and then mist the face or spray on one clean cotton ball and lastly swipe over the skin after cleansing.
22. April Showers Body Wash
- Unscented liquid soap (1/2 cup)
- Almond oil (1 teaspoon)
- Essential oil (4 drops) (Chamomile, Lavender or Rose for calming and Lemongrass, Eucalyptus or Rosemary for energizing)
Mix together all of these ingredients and next stir very well. Then pour into one clean plastic container and after that place in your shower.
23. Flower Petal Steam Facial
- Spring water (2 cups)
- Fresh flower petals (1/2 cup) (try lilac, rose, pansy, primrose petals and camellia)
- Take water to a boil and later remove this pot from the heat and later add the flower petals, and stirring gently.
- Allow the mixture rest for 5 minutes later lean over this pot, keeping the face about twelve inches off the surface of this water, and drape one towel over the head to trap this steam.
- Stay for five minutes then wash your face using cool water and finally pat dry.
24. Refreshing Travel Towels
- Vodka (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon of glycerin
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Lemon oil (10 drops)
- Strong ply paper towels
- Combine all of these ingredients in one small bowl and next stir well. Place the folded paper towels side by side in one separate shallow dish. Then pour this mixture over these towels and press in order to saturate. Then, stack these towels in one clean, airtight container and after that cover. Before leaving on your trip, you place them in one re-sealable plastic zipper bag.
25. Sesame Body Butter
- Grated cocoa butter (1/4 cup)
- Sesame oil (2 tablespoons)
- Avocado oil (1 tablespoon)
- Grated beeswax (1 tablespoon)
- Put all of these ingredients together in one microwave safe glass container.
- Then place container in the microwave. Gently heat these ingredients till the wax and butter are melted. Pour this mixture into one clean jar and leave it to cool entire night. Stir and then slather on as required.
Related articles on skin problems:
To get more information related to effective way for skin care, go to our main Home Skin Care page. After studying the writing of top 24 natural organic skin care recipes hope that this article will help you learn more the methods to make recipes for skin care. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other organic skin care recipes to us.