Do you want to know how to overcome your cravings for foods? Controlling food cravings for weight loss is a goal that is not simple and easy to complete. However, you need to stick to your weight loss goals if you want to get faster and more effective results. Recently, VKool.com made a writing of 14 ways to stop food cravings naturally to lose weight. This writing is a collection of simple and easy tips that can help you control your food cravings and excess fat effectively from reliable sources. However, if you currently have any health problem, please make sure that you will consult with your doctor before following 14 tips presented in this article.
14 Ways To Stop Food Cravings Naturally For Your Weight Loss Goals
1. Eating Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate (containing at least 70% cocoa) can help you fend off hunger, reduce food cravings, and help stabilize your blood sugar. In addition, steric acid in dark chocolate slows down the digestive process, helping you feel satiate longer after eating.
Learn more: 22 Nutritional, Health And Beauty Benefits Of Chocolate
2. Eating Low-Calorie Snacks When You Feel Hungry
The most effective way to fight you hunger is eating one or two fruits. So you will probably resist the attraction of fast-food restaurants. Apple is the best option for your snacks that contains a low amount of calories. Experts indicate that apple is an ideal food for burning fat, and you can easily buy at any time. In addition, apple helps you eliminate hunger and cravings. Furthermore, a glass of tomato juice only contains 13 kcal, so it also is a good option for you to stop food cravings to lose weight.
Learn more: Low Calorie Foods To Eat That Fill You Up
3. Liquid Food Diet Or Eating Soup 3 Times In A Week
Liquid food diet is the new trend in American’s weight loss diet. This weight loss way is scientific because the liquid foods are easier to digest than solid foods and make you feel satiate quickly. Therefore, experts recommend you to eat soup for three days in a week. In addition, your menu should contain a variety of low-fat soup recipes.
4. Drink Before Dinner
If you are invited to a buffet or dinner, drink before dinner with a bowl of homemade vegetable soup. It allows you to feel satiate, thus not increasing the burden on your stomach. By this way, you can prevent your craving on the table.
5. Small Plate, Big Magic
Everyone knows the eyes are related to diet, you may want to look at the visual tricks. Small plate with full of food will make you feel like that it is sufficient for a meal. Researchers have shown that this signal might lead to early satiety, and help reduce weight.
6. Take Foods High In Protein And Rich In Vitamin B6 And Magnesium
You should eat more fish, eggs, lean meat and tofu. A research shows that protein is one of the potent formulas that helps inhibit hunger and stop food cravings.
In addition, the couple of vitamin B6 and magnesium can help you balance the body's hormones fluctuate to control hunger. So do not forget to add them into your diet.
7. Maintaining Regular Meals & Brush Your Teeth Clean Duy
Do not skip breakfast, eat three meals a day or five smaller meals but not eating at night. Eat enough to help you avoid the “attack” of hunger
Besides, brushing your teeth cleanly is a safe way to help prevent your craving after a meal. Mint toothpaste is very effectively in helping fight hunger.
8. Eating Fruits That Help Tame Food Cravings When Losing Weight
- Apples – apple is a fruit that is rich in water and fiber that are indispensable in the diet to lose weight. Eating an apple between meals will help balance sugar levels and keep the feeling of satiety to 1-2 hours
- Avocado – results of a study are published in the American’s Journal of Nutrition recently said that eat half an avocado for lunch will make us feel more satiate and reduce junk food cravings
- Tofu – Tofu is the kind of food you put in your menu if you want to diet. They are rich in protein but low in calories so it can help you lose weight fast. Moreover, large amounts of isoflavones (an antioxidant compound) in tofu can suppress craving, and reduce consumption of other foods
- Eggs – Protein in eggs helps you feel satiate longer. A recent study was conducted on 30 women who were overweight or obese shows that protein can prevent the sudden increase of the blood sugar levels, which can reduce appetite.
- Almonds – almonds contain large amounts of antioxidants, vitamin E and magnesium to help you lose weight effectively. In addition, rich protein & fiber content can increase satiety, allowing you to control your weight.
- Sweet potatoes – sweet potato contains a special starch type that can resist digestive enzymes, helping them stay in the stomach longer, thus extending satiety.
- Peanuts – Eating peanuts can enhance cholecystokinin hormone production, which can suppress food cravings naturally. Research by experts at the University of California has shown that eating any nut may also help stabilize blood sugar levels and lower bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is rich in fiber and it can slow down the process of digesting food. Breakfast with a bowl of oatmeal can slow the rise in blood sugar, help you lose weight but still provide adequate nutrients.
- Peppers – Add peppers in your diet to help reduce hunger and enhance your energy. Fresh and dried chili peppers are similarly effective.
- Garlic – Garlic is not only about preventing weight gain, but it also helps you become thinner. Allicin in garlic has a stimulating effect on the heart that is responsible for the feeling of satiety in the brain that helps reduce hunger, and stop food cravings effectively
9. Get Enough Sleep
A study conducted by the University of Chicago found that lack of sleep negatively affects to the level of the satiety hormone, leptin. The decline of leptin can make you feel hungry and not satisfied after you eat. You get enough sleep 7 to 8 hours a night to keep hormone levels balanced.
Learn more: The Top 18 Best And Worst Foods For Sleep
10. Provide Enough Energy
If you limit the amount of food and not consume enough calories to maintain a healthy body, this makes you more and more appetite. Providing sufficient energy will help you lose weight quickly and safely.
11. Keep Yourself Busy & Exercise
When you are busy, your body and your mind occupied, so you will avoid cravings for unhealthy food. Find activities to help you relax and busy such as playing a video game, exercise, board, call, or write diary. If your food craving is often wake in the afternoon, you can schedule your exercise during this time.
12. Eating Regularly & Drink Plenty Of Water
You want to lose weight, the first thing you need to do is not allow your body to be too hungry. Please stop cravings experienced by the amount of food throughout the day: eating on a regular schedule of 2-3 hours to help control cravings and avoid overeating at meals.
Drinking plenty of water will reduce your food craving, so you should drink at least 8 glasses of water each day to ensure you are providing enough water. In addition, you need to increase fluid intake during the summer months or when you exercise.
Learn more: 27 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water Daily
13. Drink Tea
The cause of overeating is often due to the obstacles of emotion, stress, or boredom. People experiencing these things usually feel like eating even when they really are not hungry. To modify this, do not immediately eat when cravings but try to drink a cup of tea. A study published in the journal Psychopharmacology found that 30 minutes after drinking tea, hunger will disappear about 47%. You also will not feel too much craving for foods.
14. Smelling Vegetables
Just the smell of fruits and vegetables can reduce hunger and your appetite. The aroma of vanilla and citrus fruits such as citrus are known to be effective in reducing hunger while the smell of jasmine can reduce chocolate cravings. The study also revealed that the smell of mint could help reduce hunger.
To see all of other writings on weight loss tips and diet plans for bodybuilding, go to our main Weight Loss & Diet page.
After reading the writing of 14 ways to stop food cravings naturally to lose weight, hope that this writing is useful for you. However, it is solely for the informational purpose, it is not intended to give medical advice; you should contact your medical practitioner for advice. If you have any question or any other ways for controlling food cravings, you can leave it below. Now are you ready to stop food cravings with these simple ways?