People, especially women who are dealing with cellulite know beyond the shadow of any doubt what a frustrating condition it could actually be. Cellulite is considered as “the curse of women” as many women suffer from this annoying orange peel skin dimples on their bums, hips, and thighs. However, many of them do not understand clearly about their ugly problem – what cellulite really is. The issue lies in the reality that women do not fully understand what cellulite really is and therefore could not define exactly how to get rid of it. As a result, they spend endless effort on weight and fat loss treatments and what they could gain after that is nothing.
In reality, cellulite is a term that was first used in 20’s and coined in European spas and salons during the late 60’s. This term describes the dimple appearance of skin found on the human thighs and butts. Unfortunately, most of the creams on the market today could not help you eradicate those mushy, pesky bumps. Actually, there is no clear, real difference between regular fat and cellulite fat. Fact is, all the creams and sponges designed to handle cellulite as well as other gimmicky methods are not designed to help you remove cellulite. This article on VKool.com aims to bring about the overview about cellulite that every woman should know if they want to get smooth skin and shape.
I. What Cellulite Really Is – Grades Of Cellulite
Cellulite is usually classified into 3 main grades, including:
- Grade 1 – cellulite with no clinical, visible symptoms even when the skin is pinched. Yet, a microscopic examination of cells from the area detects underlying anatomical changes.
- Grade 2 – cellulite with no visible symptoms as lying down or standing. An orange peel texture could be seen when the sufferers’ skin is pinched.
- Grade 3 – cellulite has visible roughness of the skin when standing, yet might disappear when lying down.
- Grade 4 – cellulite has visible symptoms when both lying down and standing.
According to a research, about 95% of women worldwide have a kind of cellulite somewhere on their own body. Cellulite is usually hereditary, so it is likely your relatives and family members might be suffer from this problem.
Cellulite often forms in the areas with the least circulation. It means that without activity it is hard to budge. If you do energizing movement or skin warming routines every day, then you will be able to say goodbye to those dimpled skin.
Besides, there are two main common types of cellulite, which are soft cellulite and hard cellulite.
- Soft cellulite: is more noticeable as it does not attach to the muscle. It is saggy, softer, be able to move around, and often impacts larger areas of the body. Also, it lies closer to the surface, making it easier to handle with compared to hard cellulite.
- Hard cellulite: is harder to get rid of as it is concentrated and lives on the muscle. This type of cellulite often appears in more athletic body types and is more difficult to see with the normal eyes. Especially, hard cellulite could be sensitive to the touch.
II. What Cellulite Really Is – Causes Of Cellulite
The cause of cellulite is rather simple; however, the deeper you delve into it the more confusing it can become. To put in simple words, when it comes to the nature of cellulite, it is not a fat problem, it is a skin problem. Therefore, you have nothing to do with your weight, or how much weight you need to reduce. The fruition of cellulite could be caused by multiple elements, most of which are controllable by an active lifestyle and a healthy diet. Besides, there are some additional causes of this ugly problem, which are changes in physiology, metabolism, dieting too much or too hard, sex-specific dimorphic skin architecture, alteration of connective tissue structure, genetic elements, hormonal elements, the extracellular matrix, and subtle inflammatory alterations. Concretely, each factor causes cellulite in different ways.
- Genetic factors: there is a genetic factor in individual susceptibility to cellulite. Certain genes can result in cellulite growth. Genes might predispose an individual to specific characteristics associated with cellulite, like race, slow metabolism, gender, distribution of fat underneath the skin, and circulatory insufficiency. However, while men could develop cellulite, it is most well known as the problem with women impacting about 80-90 percent of females and just about 10 percent of men.
- Hormonal factors: hormones play such a dominant role in the building of cellulite. Among the hormones, estrogen might be the critical hormone to initiate as well as aggravate cellulite. Besides, there are still other hormones leading to the development of cellulite, such as insulin, thyroid hormones, the catecholamines adrenaline and noradrenaline, and prolactin.
- Lifestyle factors: for those who often smoke, drink heavily, do not exercise, and sit or stand in just one position for a long period of time, cellulite might be more prevalent. Even clothing options could contribute to whether or not cellulite is a problem for you. For problem, tight underwear or pants that could restrict blood flow to cellulite-prone areas such as thighs and the butts could exacerbate cellulite growth.
- Diet: if you eat too much fat, salt, carbohydrates, or too little fiber, you are more likely to get greater risk of cellulite. This inhibits the body’s ability to purge itself of toxins. Toxic build-up could contribute to various health problems, containing but not limited to cellulite.
Read more: tips to detoxify the body
III. What Cellulite Really Is – 7 Shocking Truths About Cellulite
1. You Could Not Remove Cellulite With Lotions
You should stop using lotions because there are tons of cellulite reduction creams on the current market, yet they actually do not work. They might really be making your condition even worse. With the most expensive creams, you will soon realize they have just one impact on you – a drained wallet. The dimples resulted by cellulite are a result of an issue below your skin surface, thus creams will not bring any result at all.
2. Medi-Spa Methods Do Not Work And Might Be Dangerous
The reports of FDA show that the medi-spa methods designed to decrese cellulite have really scarred and even injurred some people permanently. Both body-wrapping and endermologie are entirely ineffective.
3. Skin Fillers Could Even Out Dimply Skin
Injectable dermal fillers such as Radiesse and Restylane, used primarily to plump out sagging cheekbones and eradicate facial wrinkles, have shown to be useful, or at least temporarily, for cellulite plagued areas of the skin.
It is like putting icing on the lumpy cake to make it look better. Especially, if you are skinny and they have some deep divots, using skin filler could plump that up and even it out actually well. Nevertheless, the procedure might cost a large amount of money and the results just last for several months.
4. Cellulite Does Not Depend Totally On Genes
Though genes are one of factors affecting the formation of cellulite, that does not mean you can not remove it. No matter what you have already known about cellulite, this issue can be controlled if you know the proper methods, once and for all. Just take steps you need to do to lessen your cellulite.
5. You Could Remove Cellulite Regardless Of Your Age
As mentioned above, cellulite is a problem involved in your muscles, thus no matter when you realize it or what age, you could fix it. By following some simple movements that target on toning the specific muscles in cellulite areas, especially those areas with little movements, you will be able to get rid of cellulite permanently. The movement routines are not necessarily vigorous or overly strenuous, and could be perfomed by most women at any fitness levels.
6. The Only Manner To Eradicate Cellulite Is With Particularly Targeted Lower-Body Routines
A regular exercise practice could not treat cellulite permanently —but in many cases, it could help prevent or decrease the appearance. The movement rountines directly focus on the muscles in the cellulite areas. They concentrate on toning, lifting, and shaping the layers of msucles, pushing them towards the skin and eliminating dimpled appearance. And, keep in mind that cellulite has nothing to do with fat or weight loss. That is why even those skinniest girls could suffer from cellulite.
7. Cut Back On Processed Or Artificial Foods To Prevent Cellulite
In order to prevent the appearance of the dreaded orange peel, you had better avoid consuming processed foods and artificial foods that contain additives, sweeteners, and chemicals. Furthermore, dairy products and high-fat, high-sugar products are also linked to cellulite condition. In other words, some certain foods can help fight cellulite, even lose weight, especially those foods with high-water content. Moreover, staying hydrated both by drinking water will also keep your connective tissue supple and strong.
After covering the whole article about What Cellulite Really Is, if you have any ideas about this post or other health topics, simply leave you words at the box below. We will feedback all soon!
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 15 ways to prevent diabetes type 2 and obesity naturally
- 7 common causes of constipation review – is Karlo’s book useful?
- 10 Home remedies for varicose veins in legs
- 18 Ways on how to treat anemia naturally at home
- What are the most common phobias and their meanings?
- How to cure irritable bowel syndrome at home naturally
- Stop sciatica in 8 minutes Review – is it reliable?
- 15 Ways On How To Remove Stretch Marks On Men