Cold feet may be quite a popular problem in those having a poor blood circulation. In physiological, your feet become cold when inadequate blood and oxygen supply reach your legs because of poor blood circulation and if this circulation improves, this problem will go away.
Nevertheless, persistent cold extremities may also be a sign of other health conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, anemia, nerve damage or peripheral neuropathy, restless legs syndrome, peripheral vascular problem, diabetes, Raynaud’s disease, hypothermia, and hypothyroidism.
In addition, a deficiency of nutrition, excessive smoking, and alcohol abuse are also harmful factors contributing to causing cold feet.
If you suffer from cold feet along with additional symptoms such as tingling or numbness sensations, changes in the skin color, hardened and tightened skin, and blisters or open sores, you’d better immediately find medical attention.
Because the reasons causing cold feet differ from other to other, you should consult your doctor to be diagnosed properly if you suffer from this disease frequently. In the meantime, you may try some effective and simple treatments at home to get a relief from this condition. Today, in this writing, VKool.com which will introduce to you top 10 tips of natural cure for cold feet and hands. However, it is only for the informational target and not aimed to give medical advice. Keep reading this article to understand more!
Natural Cure For Cold Feet And Hands – 10 Effective Tips
Hydrotherapy is known as the simplest cure for cold feet that you may apply at home to make your feet warm. Hydrotherapy includes both warm and cold water soaks. Soaking in lukewarm water is beneficial in improving circulation while soaking into cold water helps in reducing the symptoms of cold feet.
- At first, you fill each of your feet in two basins or tubs – one contains cold water and one contains warm water.
- Next, you sit at a comfortable place and then soak your feet in the cold water for about 2 minutes.
- Then, you switch to the basin/tub of warm water for 1 minute.
- Keep alternating between two these basins for about 15 to 25 minutes.
- Then you pat dry your feet immediately and then put them on warm socks.
- Repeat this process several times per day until you get a relief from this condition.
Note: You may mix some drops of rosemary, ginger, cypress, or peppermint essential oil in this soaked feet water.
2. Epsom Salt
Another easy cure for cold feet become warm is to soak your feet in Epsom salt. In fact, the deficiency of magnesium is one of the common reasons causing cold feet and hands. The magnesium sulfate content in Epsom salt can provide for your body with magnesium while the heat of the lukewarm water contains a warming effect.
- First of all, you mix half a cup of Epsom salt well with a small tub which is filled with lukewarm water.
- You stir them well until the salt is completely dissolved.
- Now, soak your feet in this tub and relax for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Repeat this process 2 times a week.
3. Green Tea
Green tea is known as a valuable natural cure for cold feet. Consuming green tea assists in improving the functioning of your vessels which carry blood through your body including your feet. It is advised to drink 2 or 3 cups of green tea per day to get rid of cold feet.
- In order to make green tea, you simply add green tea leaves (1 teaspoon) in 1 cup of hot water.
- Then, you cover and let it steep for 5 to 7 minutes.
- After that, you strain the tea and combine with a little honey to make it sweeter.
- Or you may steep 3 or 4 bags of green tea in a large pot containing hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Then you remove these tea bags and use the water to soak your feet for 10 minutes.
- You should repeat this way twice a day.
4. Walk Barefoot On Grass
Walking on grass in the early morning is an effective way to stimulate circulation in the feet. This easy exercise is very beneficial in healing cold feet. Plus, walking also aids in strengthening and stretching the muscles, ligaments, and tendons in your ankles, calves, and feet.
In addition, when you walk on grass without anything in the early morning, your body will be added vitamin D from the sun. Having a low source of vitamin D can increase the chance of getting anemia as well as having cold feet and hands
Therefore, you should start your day by walking on grass for at least 30 minutes to get good circulation along with overall health.
5. Eat Foods High In Magnesium
Magnesium is a vital nutrient for good circulation as well as the vitamin D absorption. If you do not provide your body with enough magnesium, you may have a high risk of cold feet and hands.
Your body may not store magnesium during a long time. Hence, it is very necessary to include foods rich in magnesium regularly in the diet.
It is recommended that adult men need up to 400 mg of magnesium per day and women require up to 300 mg.
Some foods rich in magnesium are Swiss chard, spinach, turnips, broccoli, seaweed, mustard greens, cucumbers, avocados, baked potatoes, green beans, pumpkin seeds, whole grains, almonds, and sesame seeds.
Or you may take magnesium supplements after you consult your doctor.
Learn more: The e-book of the 3-week diet
6. Increase The Intake Of Iron
Those suffering from anemia caused by the deficiency of iron often have cold feet and hands. This occurs because the blood flow with a low level of hemoglobin can’t be provided with enough oxygen to various tissues and organs.
Women from 19 to 50 years old need up to 18 mg of iron per day while men require 8 mg daily.
To get rid of iron deficiency, you should eat more foods rich in iron such as apples, dates, liver, lentils, spinach, red meat, soybean flour, almonds, tofu, olives, dried apricots, cereals, fortified breakfast, watercress, asparagus, and oysters.
Besides, you can take iron supplements after consulting the doctor to get the proper dosage because high doses of iron may give negative effects to your body.
7. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper has a compound named capsaicin which helps in improving blood flow throughout your body including your feet. This compound will assist in keeping your feet warm and providing a cure for cold feet from signs such as tingling sensations and swelling in your legs.
- You just spread cayenne pepper (a teaspoon) in your thick socks.
- Next, you firstly wear a pair of thin socks and then put these thick socks containing cayenne pepper over them.
- Or you may use a cream containing capsaicin to massage your foot soles
- Another option for you is to take a capsaicin supplement after consulting the doctor.
Ginger has the ability to promote blood circulation as well as help in combating cold extremities. Ginger has compounds such as zingerone and gingerols, which contains a warming effect on your body. Hence, it can decrease the chance of getting blood clots.
- You simmer sliced ginger (1 tablespoon) in 2 cups of plain water for about 10 minutes.
- Then you strain the water and add a teaspoon of raw honey to make it sweeter.
- Drink this ginger tea for 2 or 3 times daily.
- Plus, you may boil a pot containing water with some ginger slices.
- You let it cool and then soak the feet in this ginger solution for 15 to 20 minutes and repeat this twice daily.
9. Foot Exercises
Exercising the feet is very necessary to maintain your blood flow as well as keep your feet always warm. In addition, foot exercises aid in strengthening blood vessels.
- You may use the tips of the toes to stand up straight for about 1 minute and slowly come down on the heels.
- Do this procedure again for 10 minutes.
- While sitting, you rotate each of your feet according to clockwise and followed by counter-clockwise at your ankle joint for 10 to 20 times.
- You use your toes and your heels to alternately walk for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Use the toes for picking up a cloth piece or another object from your floor a few times.
- You should perform any of these above exercises as a cure for cold feet to help your feet restore the warmth when you feel them getting cold.
10. Massage With Warm Oil
Another cure for cold feet is to massage your feet. If you apply this method, it will help you to promote your blood flow to the extremities. In addition, regularly massaging your feet will aid in keeping your feet healthy and keeping several kinds of foot conditions at bay.
- You just use the microwave to warm a little olive, sesame or coconut oil for several seconds.
- Then you apply the warm oil directly on your cold feet.
- Use firm pressure on your fingers to gently massage from your toes to your ankles for 10 minutes.
- After applying the oil massage, you wear a pair of cotton socks.
- Repeat this every day before the bedtime or if you need.
Cure For Cold Feet – Additional Tips
- While you sit on a chair, avoid allowing your feet to dangle without support. You should place your feet on a stool to help them rest on this.
- Try doing aerobic activities like running, cycling and hiking to boost a proper circulation as well as protect you from having cold feet.
- During the winter, remember to wear warm socks in order to keep your feet warm and comfortable.
- You may also use air-activated foot warmers to warm up your cold feet.
- If you smoke, give it up because it can lead to poor blood circulation.
- Do not forget to eat foods containing a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids like walnuts, salmon, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and more to avoid poor circulation and blocked arteries.
- Applying alternative therapies such as acupuncture and yoga is also very helpful.
- Keep the levels of blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol under the control.
Related links: 10 natural home remedies for burning feet symptoms
If you want to get more about effective and natural tips for other health conditions and problems, go to visit our main Health page. After reading the writing of cure for cold feet and hands – 10 natural tips, hope that you can find out the best way for healing cold feet effectively and naturally. However, you should consult your doctor advice before using any cure. If you want to ask any question or even know other tips of natural cure for cold feet and hands, please share them with us.