Green tea acts to detoxify the face and skin as well. Plus, green tea is loaded with anti-oxidants which help to protect against free radicals in the body. Thanks to this, it helps to delay formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Due to beauty benefits of green tea, you will find multiple cosmetic products ready for you on the market containing this tea as an active element. In this article, VKool.com will show you homemade green tea face mask recipe: 26 best solutions. The writing collected a list of green tea face mask recipes from reliable sources. In this post, you will learn on how to make a green tea face mask at home.
Homemade Green Tea Face Mask Recipe: 26 Best Solutions You Should Follow
1. Green Tea And Honey Facial Mask For Glowing Skin
Generally, if you suffer from wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots or crow’s feet then this green tea honey face mask is a suitable pack for you. The green tea face mask will add glow to the face together with moisturize it. Here are detailed directions to make this green tea face mask at home:
- Cut open one green tea bag, moisten these green tea leaves and next mix well along with organic honey to create one uniform consistency paste. Then, apply this paste all over the face, allowing it there for around 20 minutes. Rinse it off using warm water. This face mask is packed of antioxidants, so beneficial for clearing redness and inhibiting blackheads. This mask acts well for spot treatment, too.
- Another option is to mix thoroughly organic honey (2 teaspoons) with brewed green tea water (cooled) (1-2 teaspoons) to get honey and green tea solution. After that, dip clean cotton balls into this solution and apply onto the face, allowing it there for 15 minutes. Finally, rinse it off using cool water. You should apply this mask two times per week to reduce the signs of ageing.
2. Green Tea, Lemon Juice And Rice Flour Mask For Oily Skin
Green tea that helps improve our health also helps improves our skin. Looking for green tea face mask recipes, you should not pass this mask. Rice flour is one natural ingredient that is useful in treating blemishes, dark spots and pigmentation. Thanks to its exfoliating elements, it aids in absorbing the sebum and excess oil from your face. Daily use of rice flour in the facial masks assists in imparting one natural glow to the skin and makes it become healthy. Here are step by step to make this green tea face mask at home:
- Brew little green tea and let it cool. Mix well cool green tea solution (3 tablespoons) with rice flour (3-4 tablespoons). Add lemon juice (1 teaspoon) to it to create a spreadable and smooth paste, but not runny. You can mix more tea if this paste is too thick.
- Now wash your face using your regular cleanser and dry the face gently using a clean soft towel. Then, apply the pack over the face and allow it there for around 20 minutes prior to you rinse with cool water. Rinse this pack off the face with much water, rubbing this pack to exfoliate the skin. Finally, apply your favorite moisturizer.
3. Lemon Juice And Green Tea Face Mask
Particularly, green tea works as a potent antioxidant as well as natural UV protector. Loaded with minerals, it nourishes your skin and also combats the signs of ageing. Lemon juice has lots of vitamin C which boosts collagen development. Plus, it contains citric acid which tightens skin pores along with lightens overall skin. In addition, its potassium content will help hydration. It is also a great source of lutein which enhances natural antioxidants to increases UV(Ultraviolet) defense and combat aging. In order to make this green tea face mask, what you need to do:
- Take brewed green tea (cooled) (2 tablespoons), freshly squeezed lemon juice (½ teaspoon) and turmeric powder (a pinch). Turmeric powder contains anti-inflammatory properties that combat acne, eczema and lots of other skin conditions. Also, it acts as one potent antioxidant to lighten blemishes, dark spots, sunspots, etc.
- Mix thoroughly all of these ingredients together in one bowl. Pat this solution all over cleansed face using a cotton ball. Wait some minutes for this to dry out and then repeat. When all this pack is finished, allow it to sit on the face for around 10 minutes. Rinse it off using cool water and then pat dry the face.
4. Green Tea, Cream And Sugar Mask
Sugar is a great skin exfoliating agent, as its granules work as micro particles to get rid of the dirt and dead skin cells from upper skin layers. Also, sugar slowly dissolves on your skin, thereby making the skin smooth and supple. The cream moisturizes and hydrates the skin, and imparts one natural glow to your skin. How to make this green tea face mask at home? Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
- Boil some leaves of green tea in water, allow it to cool down and next stain it to have green tea solution.
- Take cream (1 teaspoon) and mix well sugar (1 teaspoon) with it. You can use blown sugar, because it exfoliates better. Add green tea solution (1-2 spoons) into it.
- Then, apply this mask onto the face and now slowly cleanse in small circular motions using your clean fingers. Allow it to stay there for about 15 minutes, and lastly rinse it off using warm water.
5. Green Tea, Lemon Juice And Yogurt Mask For Sensitive Skin
Plain curd or yogurt is full of protein, vitamin D and calcium, making it to act as a good acne fighter and moisturizer. It also assists in reducing blemishes, discoloration and sunburn of your skin. Lemon juice works as deep cleanser. Here are detailed directions to make this green tea face mask at home:
- Boil some leaves of green tea in water, allow it to cool down and stain this to have green tea solution.
- Take plain curd or yogurt (1 teaspoon) and mix in lemon juice (1 teaspoon). Now mix it with green tea solution (1-2 teaspoons).
- Now apply this pack onto the entire face, allowing it there for around 15-20 minutes. Lastly, rinse it off using cool water.
6. Green Tea, Banana And Yogurt Facial Pack To Rejuvenate Dry Skin
Typically, this mask rejuvenates and refreshes the dry skin. Furthermore, its banana contents will act to moisturize your skin in case your skin is dry. Here are detailed instructions to make this green tea face mask:
- Boil some leaves of green tea in water, leave it to cool down and stain this to have green tea solution.
- Mix thoroughly together 1 teaspoon of one ripe mashed banana and plain yogurt or curd. (1 teaspoon). Then, add green tea solution (1-2 teaspoons) to the mixture to form a uniform smooth paste.
- Now apply the pack onto the entire face, allowing it there for around 15-20 minutes. Finally, rinse it off using cool water.
7. Oats, Egg And Green Tea Face Mask
Here are detailed directions to prepare this green tea face mask at home:
- Tear open three green tea bags into one glass bowl. Next throw away these bags and tags. Take one small amount of moisturizer and then add to this green tea in that bowl.
- Mix in some sea salt or granulated sugar with this mixture. These will assist to exfoliate the face. Also add in two egg yolks.
- After that, add in a little amount of rolled oats and one small amount of water. Mix thoroughly all of these ingredients together. If needed, mix in more oats or water to get one paste of desired consistency.
- Now remove the makeup and wash the face with a little amount of hot water to open the skin pores. You should test the water before you wash to avoid burning the face.
- Apply this mask with your fingertips. Allow it to dry out. Wash the face with water and afterwards apply your favorite moisturizer.
8. Sugar And Green Tea Scrub For Body And Face
Here are detailed directions for you to follow:
- Boil some leaves of green tea in water, allow it to cool down and stain this to have green tea solution.
- Mix in this green tea solution some tablespoons of granulated sugar. Stir it till it thickens. Then, add in water, either honey or essential oil of the choice to get scrub of expected consistency.
- Now apply this scrub to exfoliate the face, legs, arms and whatever you like.
9. Green Tea Cleaner
- Green tea (2 bags)
- ½ boiled water
- Take this ½ boiled water and immerse the 2 bags of green tea into this water.
- Wait for about 15 minutes .This boiled water color will change after 15 minutes.
- Allow it to be cool. Keep this in your refrigerator for several minutes and later wash your face.
10. Tea Tree Oil And Green Tea Face Mask
- 1-2 teaspoons of brewedgreen tea
- 1-2 dropsof tea tree essential oil
- EnoughMoroccan red clay
- Simply mix all of these ingredients together in onesmall bowl.
- Next use your fingertips or the fan brush to apply this mask in an even layer on the face, avoiding your eye area
- Allow the mask to sit till completely dry, round 15-20 minutes.
- Splash your face using water and use this clay as one gentle exfoliant as you wash it off.
- Pat dry and apply the normal face care products.
Learn more: Correct And Safe Ways To Use Tea Tree Oil
11. Strawberry And Green Tea Face Mask
- 3 strawberries
- Strong green tea (100ml)
- 1/4 apple flesh
- 1 sage leaf
- Filtered water, cooled
- 2 teaspoons of citrus pectin
- Infuse these sage leaves into this green tea and next cover.
- Then, in a blender, mix this apple with these strawberries and slowly add this citrus pectin to thicken.
- Now cleanse and clear the skin of any makeup, and then apply to your skin.
- Allow for 10 minutes and finally rinse off well.
Learn more: 23 Health & Nutritional Advantages Of Strawberry
12. Olive Oil Green Tea Facial Mask
- Green tea cleaner
- Olive oil
- Mix the green tea and olive oil in the equal quantities. Then, apply this mixture on your face.
- Rinse it after 10 minutes.
Learn more: Top 18 Benefits And Uses Of Olive Oil For Skin
13. Plain Green Tea
Here are step by step directions to make this plain green tea face mask:
- Put green tea (a tablespoon) into one small bowl and mix this with water (a few drops), just enough to create it creamy in consistency. Then, gently scrub it onto the skin, focusing on problem areas. Allow it for around 5-10 minutes before you wash it away using cold water.
- The plain mask is beneficial in reducing inflammation, diminishing wrinkles and fine line, lowering the aging of the skin, and protecting your skin from the harmful UV rays.
14. Sweet And Sour Green Tea
Here are easy steps to make this green tea face mask at home:
- Green tea
- 1 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- Brew green tea (a cup), using two times as much as you will normally use. Allow the leaves or bags to soak for an hour, making sure this liquid is cool. Remove these bags and mix in this lemon juice and sugar. Apply on your skin with circular motions, and allow it to sit for about 15 minutes. Afterwards, rinse with cold water.
- This granulated sugar in the mixture will exfoliate the skin while this lemon juice will aid in fading scars and blemishes. Used regularly, this mask will make the skin feel and look younger with its softness, smoothness, and glow.
15. Green Tea, Honey And Baking Soda
Here are detailed directions to make this green tea face mask at home:
- 1 tablespoon of green tea
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix the baking soda and green tea before adding this honey. Next whip it all together and then spread it evenly on the face. If this mixture is too sticky, you can add water (a few drops).
- This baking soda in the mask will detoxify the skin as it sloughs away dirt and dead skin cells as well. On the other hand, this honey will rejuvenate, moisturize, and tighten your skin.
Learn more: 12 Beauty Advantages Of Baking Soda On Skin
16. Green Tea Face Mask With Milk And Oats
The benefits of milk and oats along with green tea give this face mask amazing properties to make your skin softer and supple with consistent use. Here are detailed procedures to make it:
- Take some leaves of green tea and add that to three teaspoonful of milk in one bowl.
- In that add oats (½ teaspoon) and hold it aside.
- After five minutes when these oats gets softer.
- Then, mash them using fingers and now apply gently on your face.
- Allow it to dry for twenty minutes and wash with normal water.
- You should use this treatment two times per week.
Learn more: 29 Simple Oatmeal Recipes To Learn
17. Green Tea Face Mask With Cucumber Juice
Particularly, large pores on your face may look really bad when your skin overall is very flawless in complexion. The green tea face mask along with cucumber juice can make an excellent remedy to cure the large pores on your skin and is also one pore tightening face mask made at home. Here is recipe for this mask:
- Take green tea leaves (1/2 teaspoon) and add it to 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Allow it to brew for about 5 minutes and then strain this green tea water.
- Afterwards, take a cucumber slice and put it in the juicer.
- Then, extract the juice. Mix this cucumber juice (about the same amount) in this green tea water and mix.
- Now apply this on your face and wait for about 10 minutes. Wash off using plain water.
18. Neem And Green Tea Face Mask For Acne On Face
Adults or teenagers who are struggling to remove the pimples and acne on your face and back may try the neem green tea face mask. Green tea is rejuvenating and neem is antibacterial. Both of these elements will effectively clear your acne off the face. Here are detailed directions for you to follow:
- Take water (half cup) and put green tea leaves (half teaspoon) and 5-6 leaves of neem or neem powder.
- Allow it to boil when it turns into reddish green with green tea. You stop boiling.
- Leave it to cool off and add multani mitti (a teaspoon).
- Apply on your clean face and then wash after 20 minutes. This mask should be done two times in per week for better results in acne.
19. Green Tea Face Mask With Orange Peel Powder
Green tea and orange peel are great combination to exfoliate and to remove the excess oil. The green tea face mask with orange peel powder maintains the pores clean and gets rid of clogged pores from your face. For best results, what you need to do:
- Take green tea leaves (half teaspoon) and add the same amount of orange peel powder.
- Then, add one teaspoon of honey.
- Now mix and use on your face in a layer. Finally, wash after 20 minutes.
20. Green Tea Face Mask With Milk Cream
Here are detailed directions to prepare this green tea face mask at home:
- Mix green tea leaves (half teaspoon) in milk cream (one teaspoon). Mix them thoroughly and keep aside for five minutes. Mix this again and apply it on your face. First massage it on face for five minutes and then allow for 20 minutes.
- Now wash using normal water and notice the glow on your face. Please remember, this face mask is only for dry skin.
21. Turmeric, Besan Green Tea Face Mask
The green tea face mask targets your fairness and is really good to get your fair skin by natural means. Here are easy and simple step to make this green tea face mask at home:
- Take besan (gram flour) (one teaspoon), two pinches of turmeric and green tea leaves (half teaspoon).
- Add milk to it, and then mix all these ingredients to create one medium consistency paste.
- Now use this face mask on your face and rinse after around 15- 20 minutes.
22. Green Tea Face Mask With Egg White For Lines On Your Face
Green tea is a great antioxidant which keeps your skin younger looking while egg white tightens your facial skin naturally. Here are detailed instructions to make this green tea face mask:
- Take egg white and next add some leaves of green tea.
- Mix it well and then apply evenly on your face.
- Wash as it gets dried after about 20 minutes.
23. Green Tea Face Mask With Orange Juice
To make it, you can do as follows:
- This toning pack is particularly good for all types of skin and can be done every day.
- Take green tea leaves (half teaspoon) and add orange juice (one teaspoon).
- Mix them and hold it aside for five minutes. Then, use this as face pack.
- Keep for 15 minutes and rinse off.
Learn more: Health Advantages Of Oranges In The Body
24. Green Tea Face Mask With Coconut Oil
- Green tea boiled, cooled (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup of ground oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- Mashed avocado or avocado oil (1 tablespoon)
- 10 drops lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients to make a paste, and then apply in evening on your clean face.
- Allow it to sit for around 10-15 minutes and finally remove with washcloth together with lukewarm water.
25. Green Tea Face Mask With Petroleum Jelly
What do you need:
- White petroleum jelly
- Vitamin E capsules
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Green teabag
- Smooth one thin layer of this white petroleum jelly over the entire face. Follow it with one thin layer of the extra virgin olive oil and one thin layer of the vitamin E oil extracted from capsules. Allow them on the skin for at least fifteen minutes.
- Place this green teabag in one saucepan of boiling water, and with the oils and petroleum jelly still on the face, bend over that pot so the steam may penetrate your skin. For the better penetration, you drape one large towel over the head.
- Allow the oils and white petroleum jelly on for an additional 5 minutes, and then give the face one light scrub with this sugar.
- After that, bend over the sink. Finally, rinse off this mask using warm water. Then, wipe any excess oil off using a cloth, and rinse the face using cool water. Pat the face dry using a soft cloth.
26. Green Tea And Bentonite Clay Face Mask
Here are step by step instructions to make this mask at home:
- Bentonite clay
- Aloe vera gel
- Green tea
- A non-metal spatula or spoon
- One non-metal mixing bowl
- Non-metal measuring spoons
- Put bentonite clay (2 tablespoons) into a bowl. Add freshly brewed green tea (a few tablespoons). Then, add aloe vera gel (½ tablespoon).
- Mix it thoroughly and later add more green tea, if needed, to have a smooth paste.
- Thereafter, wash your face. Now spread this mask on the face and neck.
- Allow it on for around 20 minutes or till it dries completely.
- Finally, rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- You should use this green tea face mask once or twice per week for satisfied results.
To get more information related to effective ways and recipes for skin care, go to our main Home Skin Care page. After studying the writing of homemade green tea face mask recipe: 26 best solutions, hope that this article will help you learn more easy and simple ways to make a green tea face mask. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other green tea face mask recipes to us.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 62 Signs And Symptoms Of Depression And Anxiety In Men & Women
- 9 home remedies for kidney stones in men and women
- 18 Ways on how to treat anemia naturally at home
- Natural skin infection treatment at home
- 23 Ways on how to whiten underarms naturally and fast
- Natural at home chemical peel: 16 best recipes
- How to treat psoriasis on skin and scalp – 11 tips
- First alarm review – will the training program be useful for you?