Frizzy hair is one common trouble for the modern day females. Use of SLEs and SLS filled shampoos, Ammonia rich hair colors, and Hydrogen Peroxide loaded conditioners act as the main causes for frizzy and dry hair. In addition, use of chemicals and excessive heat to gain particular hair styles make hair become frizzy over time. In this article, VKool.com will talk about best natural hair masks for frizzy hair: 20 homemade recipes. The writing collected a list of hair masks for frizzy hair from reliable sources. Keep reading this article to learn these hair masks for frizzy hair in more detail.
Best Natural Hair Masks For Frizzy Hair: 20 Homemade Recipes That Work
1. Mayonnaise, Honey And Egg Hair Mask
The hair masks not only nurture & tame frizzy hair, but also boost hair growth & remove excess… Click To Tweet This egg will not only nourish your scalp as well as roots but also soften dry frizzy locks. Honey is one natural humectant together which will water the frizzy hair, keeping moisture into hair cells, carrying back their vibrancy. Here are detailed guides to make this hair mask:
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 egg
- In one small mixing bowl, you whisk the egg till it turns frothy.
- Mix the above ingredients carefully.
- With clean fingertips, massage this mixture onto the wet hair. Wind the hair in one high bun over the head and cover using a disposable shower cap.
- Stay for about15 minutes, leaving the goodness of this mask to sink deep into the hair follicles.
- As the time is up, you wash off this mask from the roots of your hair to the ends. After that, rinse of as many times as you can till the entire mask is off.
- Then, shampoo well to clear away this hair mask smells and next condition as usual.
- Finally, rinse using cold water and wrap the hair in one fluffy towel.
Read on: The Book Of Total Hair Regrowth
2. Almond Oil And Banana Hair Mask
This is also one of the best hair masks for frizzy hair. This frizzy hair pack recipe will soften the dry frizzes and moisturize them as well. Banana contains 75 percent water that makes it an excellent natural moisturizer for treating frizzy hair and almond oil works as a great conditioner that will bless the locks with a natural sheen. Here are step by step directions for you to follow:
- Almond oil (1 – 2 teaspoons)
- 2 ripe bananas
- Puree 2 overripe or ripe bananas in one blender till lump-free.
- In one small mixing bowl, you stir in this almond oil with the banana puree together.
- Slather this hair mask onto the strands, starting from your roots, working downwards.
- Then, tie the hair into one loose bun and cover using a shower cap. Keep for 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, wash off this mask well. Finally, shampoo the hair and rinse using cold water.
3. Avocado, Olive Oil And Coconut Milk Hair Mask
This hair mask is a great for dry frizzy hair. Especially, this hair mask has moisture-rich ingredients which sound yummy too! Here are detailed instructions to make it at home:
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh coconut milk
- First puree 1/2 one ripe avocado in one blender until smooth. Next stir in olive oil, coconut milk, and mix well.
- Now apply this mixture onto the scalp, going downwards to the hair ends.
- Then, take time to massage this hair mask in circular motions. Keep for 15 minutes before you rinse off this mask thoroughly.
- You can shampoo and condition with organic products.
4. Banana And Honey
This is also one of the most effective hair masks for frizzy hair. Here are easy and simple steps for you to follow:
- Mix 1 banana and honey (2 tablespoons) together. Then, apply thoroughly all over the hairs and scalp.
- Allow the pack to work for an hour, wash off using cold water. If wanted follow with one mild shampoo. Honey and banana both moisturize your hairs, repair damages as well as split ends boosting excellent hair health.
- You should this pack at least three times per week.
5. Egg And Lavender oil
This is also considered among one of the best hair masks for frizzy hair. The egg will condition and nourish your hair, while this lavender oil will enter deep into your hair shafts and repair.To make it, you can do as follows:
- Mix one egg with ten drops of lavender oil.
- Then, apply this mask on the hairs for fifty minutes to an hour and afterwards, wash off using a mild shampoo.
- You had better take this treatment two days per week at the beginning for the better results.
6. Avocado And Honey
Honey and avocado both are famous for their rich moisturizing agent. In order to control hair frizz immediately, what you need to do:
- Crush two ripe avocados in one grinder after removing their seeds, and then mix it with one tablespoon of honey.
- Then, spread this pack all over the hairs and scalp and allow for an hour.
- Thereafter, wash off using plain water, and end with one mild shampoo only if required.
- It is recommended to use this mask as often as possible.
7. Olive Oil And Coconut Milk
The coconut milk may do wonder in repairing the damaged hair while olive oil is another highly useful deep conditioner that makes sure the best health of your hair. Here are easy steps to make this mask:
- Make fresh coconut milk by crushing 1/2 of one coconut pulp in one grinder, and strain.
- Then, mix the coconut milk with olive oil (1 tablespoon) and apply on the scalp and hairs.
- Allow it on the hairs as long as you can.
- Wash off using plain water together with a mild shampoo.
8. Yogurt And Papaya
This is also among the best hair masks for frizzy hair. The result of yogurt on frizzy and dry hairs is instant. Also, ripe papaya helps in curbing freeze by nourishing your hair strands.
- Mix yogurt (2 tablespoons) with four ripe papaya cubes.
- Make one smooth paste and then apply to your hairs.
- Allow the pack set for half an hour and then wash off using plain water.
- It is suggested to use this hair pack two times per week for best results.
9. Milk And Almond
This is also one of the most effective hair masks for frizzy hair. Milk and almond both can nourish hairs widely because of their high protein content. Especially, the milk fat of whole milk aids in conditioning the hair. This hair pack can instantly control even extreme frizz. You can make it as follows:
- Crush five almonds to one paste and next mix it with enough amount of the un-boiled whole milk to create a paste.
- Then, rub the paste to the hairs and scalp. Allow on for an hour and wash off using water.
10. Fenugreek Seeds And Coconut oil
The seeds of fenugreek are capable to curb any hair trouble, be it excessive hair freeze, hair fall or hair damage. In order to make this mask, you can do as follows:
- Use a pack of 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on your scalp and hairs and leave for about 50 minutes before you wash off using a mild shampoo.
- You should repeat at least three times in a week to achieve visible results.
Keep reading this article to discover more hair masks for frizzy hair!
11. Mayonnaise With Honey
This is also one of the most excellent hair masks for fizzy hair.
- Take Mayonnaise (two tablespoons) and add honey (1 tablespoon).
- Mix well and then apply thoroughly to the hairs.
- Allow the pack to sit for around 40-50 minutes and after that, wash off thoroughly using a cleanser. The result is instant.
- You should follow this process at least once in per week depending on the hair condition.
12. Rosemary Oil And Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a great moisturizer and when mixed with rosemary oil it may do wonders for hairs. Here are step by step procedures to make this mask at home:
- Prepare fresh pulp of aloe vera grinding one leaf of aloe vera in one mixer and next add rosemary oil (12-15 drops) to this pulp and mix well.
- Now, rub the mixture into the hairs and scalp, allow the pack on the hairs for one hour or more, and lastly wash off using a mild cleanser.
- It is recommended to apply this pack for around 2-3 times per week to control extreme frizz.
13. Corn Starch And Shea Butter
The starch pack and Shea butter an effectively control frizz.
- Melt a little Shea butter on one microwave bowl and next add corn starch to this to make a paste.
- After that, apply this mixture to the hairs.
- Keep on for about 20 minutes and lastly wash off using a cleanser.
14. Hibiscus Leaves/ Flowers With Coconut Oil
This herb contains the properties to deal with hair frizz.
- Take 20 hibiscus leaves/ flowers, grind them to create a paste and next add coconut oil (2 teaspoons).
- Now, apply the mixture lavishly onto the hairs and scalp. Allow it to sit for an hour and wash off using water. Don’t apply a separate hair cleanser.
15. Honey And Pumpkin
This is also regarded as one of the top hair masks for fizzy hair. Pumpkins are rich in minerals, vitamins, and beta carotene that make them perfect for curing hair freeze.
- Take some fresh pumpkin and next scrap off its skin and make one smooth paste in one grinder.
- Then, add honey (1 tablespoon) to this and mix well.
- Now apply this pack on the hairs and keep for half an hour.
- Wash off using water. You can use one mild cleanser if needed.
16. Amla And Almond Oil Hair Mask
Seeking the best hair masks for frizzy hair, you should not pass this mask. To make it, you can do as follows:
- Take three to four medium sized Amla and next remove their seed and grind this flesh to form a smooth paste.
- Then, add almond oil (2 teaspoons) to the mask to make this even more moisturizing as well as rich in protein.
- Now apply this mask lavishly on the hairs and scalp, allow it to stay for another hour.
- Lastly, wash off using plain water along with a mild cleanser.
17. Sesame Seeds With Curry Leaf And Vitamin E
Here are step by step directions to make this mask at home:
- Take sesame seeds (a tablespoon full) and next soak them in water entire night.
- In the morning, you grind those seeds together with 10-12 leaves of curry.
- Then, add the entire content of one Vitamin E capsule to this mixture and now apply this pack onto the hairs and scalp.
- Allow it to sit for half an hour and wash off using plain water together with a cleanser.
18. Brown Sugar, Olive Oil And Essential Oils
This is also one of the most beneficial hair masks for fizzy hair. Here are step by step directions to make this mask:
- Mix olive oil (1 tablespoon) and essential oil (15-20 drops) (rosemary or lavender) with brown sugar (a tablespoon) to create a smooth paste.
- Then, apply this mask on your hairs.
- Allow for an hour and wash off using plenty of water along with a mild cleanser.
19. Apple Cider Vinegar And Oatmeal
Apple cider vinegar is trusted to be highly beneficial in treating hair frizz while oatmeal will aid in taming your hair strands.
- Mix oatmeal (1 tablespoon) with apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon) to create a runny mask.
- Now, apply this onto the hairs and stay for 10 minutes.
- Finally, wash off using plenty of normal water.
20. Flaxseeds With Mustard Oil
General speaking, flaxseeds are trusted to have several great medicinal agents and they can decrease hair freeze problem in the greatest way when combined with mustard oil. Here are step by step directions to make this hair mask at home:
- Soak some flaxseeds in one cup of fresh water entire night.
- In the morning, you boil the water until this water content comes to 1/2.
- Them, allow the mixture to cool and take this to a grinder to create a paste.
- Add mustard oil (2 teaspoons) to this mask and mix well.
- Now, apply onto the hairs, keep for an hour and lastly wash off using a cleanser in order to get frizz free hair.