Chalazion cysts are a small lump that appears under your skin of the eyelid because of a blocked oil gland. The most common cause of eyelid cysts is inflammation and blockage of the oil-producing meibomian glands in the eyelids. There are several easy yet effective treatments to treat this problem. Do you want to know which home remedy will help you treat chalazion cysts? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 34 home remedies for chalazion cysts. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 34 Natural Home Remedies For Chalazion Cysts Are Revealed
Here are 34 best home remedies you are looking for:
4. Bitter Gourd
6. Baby Shampoo
9. Garlic Juice
13. Epsom Salt
14. Mint leaves
15. Breast Milk
16. Chard Leaves
21. Sandalwood Paste
22. Gold Ring
23. Raspberry Leaves
24. Warm Compress
26. Guava Leaves
27. Acacia Leaves
29. Castor Oil
30. Green Tea Bags
31. Aloe Vera
34. Coriander Seeds
One of the first natural home remedies for chalazion cysts is eggs. Applying a hot boiled egg to this area works effectively as a warm compress. This also holds the warmth longer than a washcloth. Make sure that the chalazion cyst will be gone within 1 week.
- To get rid of the chalazion cyst with egg whites, you separate the egg yolk from an egg. Then, you put this egg white on a soft cloth. Now, you place it directly on the affected eye and leave it on for about 15 minutes. You should follow this method regularly for 3 times per day.
- Another option, you can also take a hardboiled egg and keep it on the affected area for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Although it sounds strange when it comes to home remedies for chalazion cysts, onions are really known to be trustworthy and effective for this problem. In particular, the juice of onions is the best for treating this type of eye cysts.
- Firstly, take a few raw onions and then extract the juice from them.
- Next, drop a bit of this juice directly on the chalazion cyst.
- You should repeat this method regularly for the best results.
- It can help you to reduce the swelling. However, it can cause the discomfort at first.
Nutmeg is comprised of a lot of medicinal properties and is widely used for various therapeutic uses. In addition, it also has a great sweet aroma while its essential oil is full of powerful antibacterial effects that make it one of other natural home remedies for chalazion cysts.
- Firstly, rub the nutmeg on a stone with a little clean water to make a paste.
- Then, apply a layer of this paste on the chalazion cyst.
- Now, allow the paste to dry naturally.
- You should use this way consistently to shrink and dissolve the chalazion cyst and give you relief from the problem.
Note: Avoid using the nutmeg inside your eyes.
Bitter gourd – considered as one of home remedies for chalazion, contains detoxifying properties that can help you to get rid of the chalazion cyst very effectively.
- Simply, cut a slice of bitter gourd and place it on your affected area for about 15 minutes.
- Another option, you can make a bitter gourd tea and then drink it in the morning when you have an empty stomach. You may add salt to it for taste. This remedy will aid in cleansing your skin from the deep inside.
Learn more: 10 Health Benefits Of Bitter Melon
Calendula is comprised of anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial effects that make it another good way in the list of top 34 natural home remedies for chalazion cysts and other fungal infections.
- Simply, make an infusion of calendula with 1 tablespoon of dried calendula petals and 250 ml of clean water. Then, strain the liquid and then apply this solution on your affected area with the gauze until it cools down. You should repeat this method for 3 times per day.
- Or, you may also use this water to wash your eyes to treat conjunctivitis and chalazion cyst.
- You may also use some herbal creams after consulting a natural health practitioner.
This is considered as one of the simplest home remedies for chalazion cysts that you should try! This treatment will certainly give you some positive results.
- Simply, take a little baby shampoo and then rub it directly on the affected area. After that, wash off this shampoo thoroughly with clean water.
- Another option, you can also put a little baby shampoo in 1 cup of clean water and then stir them together. Now, dip a cotton ball in this solution and then rub it carefully on the chalazion cyst.
Dandelion tea helps you to get rid various health problems, including chalazion on the eyes. If you are looking for natural home remedies for chalazion cysts, you should not pass it.
- A person who suffers from chalazion cysts is advised to take dandelion tea regularly because it can aid in killing bacteria causing an infection.
- Another option, you can make a decoction with dandelion and then use this solution to wash your eyes.
- In addition, it is very useful for you to use dandelion tea bags for this treatment. You just soak a dandelion tea bag in tepid water and then place it directly on your eyes.
Learn more: How To Cure Eye Strain Headaches – 10 Tips
Seeking for home remedies for chalazion cysts, you should not forget alum. Alum contains anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and astringent properties that help to reduce the swelling & pain caused by a chalazion cyst.
- Firstly, heat a little clean water and then add 1/4 teaspoon of alum to it and mix them together. Now, soak a clean soft towel in this solution and then place this hot compress on your eyes. After that, gently press it so that your eye can absorb the heat. You should repeat this way for a few times.
- Or, you can also use a pinch of alum and clean water to make a solution and then wash your eyes with this water for 2 times per day.
Garlic juice is among of natural and effective home remedies for chalazion cysts that you should not pass! The antibacterial properties present in the garlic juice can be very useful in healing infection and chalazion cysts.
- Simply, just crush a few garlic cloves to extract its juice.
- Then, carefully apply this juice to the affected area to avoid entering your eyes.
- Now, allow it to dry naturally and then wash off the juice with tepid water.
Another of natural home remedies for chalazion cysts that you should give a try is milk. Milk is very mild and contains soothing effects, which give you relief from the swelling and pain caused by a chalazion.
- Simply, take cold milk and use it to wash your eyes. In particular, you should use the evaporated milk to get quite faster results.
- Or, you can take a bread slice bigger than your eye. Then, soak this slice in warm milk. Now, place it on your eye for about 10 minutes. This will make the chalazion broke and help the pus to come out. Now, take a cotton ball to clean it and apply an antiseptic ointment to this area to avoid the infection.
Can you imagine that ear wax can help you in curing chalazion cysts? It is one of other grossest, unpleasant, but effective home remedies for chalazion cysts. It mainly aids you in reducing the itchiness.
Simply, you just need to take ear wax and then apply it directly on your affected area.
Using cayenne pepper as a warm compress is also one of the simple home remedies for chalazion cysts. The warmth helps to drain out the gland & pus and aids in increasing your blood circulation to this area. Moreover, it is also very useful in easing swelling and pain.
- Firstly, boil a cup of clean water and then add cayenne pepper powder to it.
- Next, soak a soft cloth in this solution and squeeze it to remove the excess water, folding it triple.
- Now, apply it to the infected area.
- Finally, leave it for a while until it cools down.
If you want to try using one of the most common home remedies for chalazion cysts, you can give Epsom salt a try. However, remember that you avoid using pure Epsom salt directly on your eyelid.
- You just need to take an equal part of Epsom salt and clean water and mix them together in a bowl to make a warm compress. Now, apply it to the affected area.
Learn more: Top 10 Health Benefits Of Epsom Salt
Mint leaves contain antiseptic and antipruritic properties that make it become one of other best home remedies for chalazion cysts. It soothes the soreness & swelling and helps to treat infections and itchiness. Its cooling sensation will give you relief from the irritating sensation to the scratches while the anti-inflammatory properties of mint leaves will bring down swelling.
- At first, crush a few mint leaves and then apply it on the chalazion cyst as a poultice.
- Now, leave it on for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it well with tepid water.
See more: 12 Homemade Mint Face Pack Recipes
It is also among natural home remedies for chalazion cysts that you should not miss. It seems to be not easy to have the breast milk if there is not a pregnant woman at your home. However, if you know any pregnant lady, it is wonderful for you to use breast milk to treat eyelid cyst. It is very simple that you just add a few drops of the breast milk on your eyelid.
One of the common home remedies for chalazion cysts is chard leaves. The leaves are very effective in reducing pain and swelling thanks to the anti-inflammatory compounds in these leaves. In addition, they also help to speed up your recovery from chalazion cysts. To get desired results, you may follow a few steps.
- Firstly, wash chard leaves thoroughly and then heat them with a little clean water for about 5 minutes.
- After that, strain the water and let it cool down.
- Now, close your eyelids and apply this water directly to your affected area.
- Finally, keep it for half an hour.
- You should repeat this method for 3 times per day until the chalazion disappears.
- Or, you can also use this liquid to wash your face, focusing on your eyes.
Potatoes are also among of traditional home remedies for chalazion cysts because they contain anti-inflammatory properties. In particular, they can help you to reduce redness, swelling, and pain.
- Simply, crush a raw potato and add a little water to it to make a paste. Then, spread this paste on a clean cloth and apply it to your affected eyes to ease swelling.
- Or, you can place a potato slice on your eyes for quick relief.
Honey, when combined with rose water is known to contain a delightful effect considered as – considered as one of effective home remedies for chalazion. The powerful anti-inflammatory effects in honey will be very helpful in speeding up your healing process.
- You just need to combine equal parts of honey and rose water.
- Then, you apply the mixture to your eye.
- You don’t forget to follow this method regularly to get the desired results.
Turmeric is a powerful spice considered among home remedies for chalazion that is famous for its great healing properties and gives you fast relief from chalazion cysts.
- At first, boil 2 cups of clean water until it remains a half of an original part.
- Then, add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder to it and stir this solution well.
- Now, strain this water until it is clear.
- After that, use this liquid as an eye drop. You can pour 1 to 2 drops of this water in your eyes.
- Repeat this process for 2 times per day.
- Alternatively, you can also drink a cup of warm milk mixed with half a teaspoon of turmeric powder in order to reduce the risk of infection.
Clove is very beneficial in easing swelling and pain. Therefore, you use it to get rid of a chalazion cyst on your eye.
- Simply, soak 2 to 3 cloves in tepid water. Then, gently massage it on your affected area.
- Or, you can also use clove oil to apply to the affected area to reduce the pain because it is famous for its antibacterial effects.
Learn more: 10 Healthy Benefits Of Cloves For Overall Health
Sandalwood has an alluring aroma that is indescribable. Its essential oil is comprised of antiseptic, antispasmodic, and astringent effects. In addition, it also has a cooling and soothing property on the tissues and nerves.
Besides, the aroma itself is endowed with innumerable healing powers.
- You can make a sandalwood paste by mixing it with a little water and then apply it on the chalazion.
- Now, keep the paste on there until it heals.
- The redness and itchiness will reduce while the swelling will disappear quickly.
It seems to be very strange that you can use a gold ring as an effective remedy in the list of top 34 home remedies for chalazion cysts. The atoms of gold will be mixed with the infestation, thus, helping to prevent them.
- Firstly, wash a gold ring for 3 to 4 times in tepid water.
- Then, gently rub this directly on your affected area.
- Alternatively, you may use a copper penny in order to treat a chalazion.
Raspberry leaves – another one of home remedies for chalazion, can be also very helpful in getting rid of the swelling and pain related to chalazion cysts thanks to its anti-inflammatory & antiseptic effects.
- Firstly, crush a few fresh raspberry leaves and then add them to clean water.
- Next, boil them for about 10 minutes.
- After that, strain this solution and rinse the affected area with this water. Furthermore, you may also use raspberry tea bags instead of raspberry leaves for this treatment.
- Alternatively, you can also consume this solution for 3 times per day to get optimal results. The tannins found in this tea helps to ease the inflammation and prevent bleeding.
A warm compress is considered as one of the best home remedies for chalazion cysts. The heat promotes drainage of the gland as well as helps increase blood circulation to the area. In addition, it also helps reduce swelling and pain. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- Dip a soft cloth in hot water (sterilized and clean water) and next to wring out the excess.
- Then hold this moist, warm cloth on your closed eyelid for at least five minutes.
It is suggested to follow at least three times daily for two weeks.
Gently massaging the troubled eyelid can help speed up the process of draining. In addition, this will help promote quick healing. For instant relief, you should massage as follows.
- First step is to wash your hands with water and soap.
- Next to rub a warm compress on the closed eyelid for about five minutes.
- Using your fingers and then gently massage the area in the upward direction.
You had better massage for about 2 to 3 minutes a few times every day as one of home remedies for chalazion cyst.
One of the popular home remedies for chalazion cysts is guava leaves. The leaves help reduce pain and swelling due to their anti-inflammatory compounds. Furthermore, their natural healing power also helps speed up recovery. For desirable results, you can use them as follows.
- Wash 5 or 6 leaves of guava thoroughly.
- Next to warm the leaves in the microwave for several seconds.
- Then put one warm leaf in a clean dry cloth.
- Place this cloth over the affected area.
- Replace it with a new warm leaf when the leaf cools down.
It is suggested to follow this remedy two times every day for a few days.
Acacia leaves can also help decrease the swelling and pain associated with chalazion cysts due to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. For positive effects, you can use them as follows.
- Wash the leaves thoroughly.
- Heat water (2 cups) and then boil a few acacia leaves in it.
- When this mixture is comfortably warm, you remove the leaves and next to dip a piece of clean cloth in this solution and then use it as a warm compress.
It is recommended to follow this as home remedies for chalazion cyst a few times every day for several days.
Using apple cider vinegar is also one of the effective home remedies for chalazion cysts. This vinegar can help reduce inflammation and pain, and even combat infection thanks to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. To see better results, you should use it as follows.
- Put organic raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (2 teaspoons) in hot water (1 cup). Dip a cotton ball in this mixture and then rub it on the affected area for a minute. You should repeat this remedy three times every day for several days.
- Another option is to mix raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon) in one cup of water. You can consume it two times a day for a few weeks.
Castor oil contains high anti-inflammatory agents that can help decrease pain as well as inflammation associated with the chalazion cyst. For expected results, you can use this oil as home remedies for chalazion cyst as follows.
- First step is to apply a warm compress over the troubled eyelid for about five minutes. Then apply castor oil on the affected area with a cotton swab. You should repeat this remedy two times a day for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Another method is to mix of turmeric powder (½ teaspoon) with enough castor oil to create a thick paste. Washing the cyst with warm water and then apply this paste on the troubled area. Allow it on for about 15 minutes, before washing with warm water. It is recommended to follow three times per day until the cyst is gone.
There are a lot of other healthy home remedies for chalazion cysts presented in this article, so continue reading!
Learn more: Advantages Of Castor Oil For Hair And Skin
Green tea bags are also another one of home remedies for chalazion cyst. It also helps reduce inflammation and pain as well as reduce the size of a cyst due to its anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it is very rich in tannic acid that helps keep infection at bay. Green tea bags are used to cure chalazion cysts as follows.
- Soak a green tea bag in warm water for about five minutes.
- Remove this tea bag from the water and then squeeze out the excess.
- Put the moist tea bag over the troubled eyelid for at least 5 minutes.
You had better follow a few times every day.
Another effective cure for eyelid cysts is using aloe vera. Its anti-inflammatory property can help reduce swelling, inflammation, and redness as well. Plus, it contains antibacterial properties that help combat infection. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- Extract the gel from a fresh aloe leaf. Then rub the gel directly on your affected area. Keep it on for at least 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. You can follow this treatment a few times a day for a week.
- Another option among home remedies for chalazion is to immerse a cotton ball in aloe vera gel for about 5 minutes and then apply it on the affected area for about 20 minutes. Wait two hours and then reapply again. It is suggested to follow this remedy for a week.
One of the best home remedies for chalazion cysts is parsley. Especially, it helps draw out toxic materials from eyelid cysts. Parsley also works as a mild antibacterial agent that combats infection. You can use it as follows as the best results for home remedies for chalazion.
- Put some fresh parsley in a small bowl.
- Pour boiling water (a cup) over it and then let the water to cool.
- Soak a clean washcloth in the water and then wring out the excess.
- Place this moist, warm cloth over your affected area for about 15 minutes.
It is recommended to repeat this remedy about three times daily for a week.
Maintaining personal hygiene can help promote quick recovery. In addition, it also helps fight off infection.
- Regularly wash your eyelids with a little baby shampoo mixed in warm water.
- Do not share handkerchiefs or towels with anyone, including your family members.
- Wash your fingers and hands thoroughly before touching your eyes.
- Keep the area around your eyes clean at all times.
- Try your best not to rub or touch your eyes.
- Avoid sharing your eye makeup
- Replace eye makeup at least every six months.
- Protect your eyes from air pollution and dust as well.
- Do not scratch or squeeze the cyst. Let it open on its own.
Coriander seeds are also among traditional home remedies for chalazion cysts thanks to their anti-inflammatory properties. Especially, these seeds can help reduce redness, pain and swelling. For best results, you should use these seeds as follows.
- Add coriander seeds (one teaspoon) to water (one cup) and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat and next let the water cool down.
- Strain and then use the water to rinse the affected eye area.
It is recommended to follow this treatment about two or three times every day until you get relief.
Home Remedies for Chalazion – Additional tips:
- Don’t squeeze, pinch, or press the chalazion. Avoid popping or touching it. These will make it worse. You should let it drain out itself.
- Never try to eliminate it at home because the infection may spread through the remaining eye. If the chalazion cannot drain out itself, consult a medical specialist.
- Avoid using eye makeup because it will spread the infection. To prevent the chalazion, avoid sharing your eye makeup and other cosmetics.
- Avoid excessive consumption of starchy & sugary foods.
- Avoid sharing towels, clothes, or other items that can cause another person to get infected.
- Avoid using contact lenses because they can get contaminated and the bacteria will be transferred to the remaining eye.
- If you do not get any improvement after using these natural home remedies for chalazion cysts in 5 days, you ought to consult a doctor.
To get more information related to effective home remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. Try these effective home remedies right away and be relieved of chalazion cysts. You should use above remedies for at least one or two months to receive optimal results. After studying the writing of top 11 home remedies for chalazion cysts, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to heal chalazion cysts fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.
Related articles on eye problems: