Sun poisoning means sunburn, which is from ultraviolet radiation and it will inflame your skin. The typical symptom of sun poisoning is being sunburned. Your condition will become more severe if you do not wear protection when going out under the sun. Moreover, you will easily get sunburn if you have fair hair and light skin. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 natural home remedies for sun poisoning rash. However, this writing is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor if the disease is serious.
10 Natural Home Remedies For Sun Poisoning Rash
Some signs of sun poisoning you will get are dehydration, dizziness, nausea, chills, fever, headache, swelling, tingling, pain, blistering, and redness. You should try to treat it with the following remedies:
Dry skin might affect your skin get more sun poisoning. After getting the condition, you should keep the affected area moist. The solution is to soak the towels in cold water and apply it on the poisoned area for 15 minutes each day. By doing this remedy, you will reduce the heat as well as soothe the itchiness on the skin. You also sprinkle some Epsom salt or baking soda in a wet towel to cleanse the skin and repair the affected area shortly.
Learn more: Skin Tag Treatment Book
Cold milk is one of the best home remedies for sun poisoning. Milk will reduce symptoms of burning and soothe the problem, reduce inflammation, redness and get rid of the problem effectively.
- The solution is to dab a cotton ball into cold milk.
- Apply it on the sunburned areas for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with fresh water.
- You also dab your skin into cool milk for 20 minutes before washing off with water.
Another remedy for treating sun poisoning is aloe vera, which has soothing property. Aloe vera is easily found in the market and you can plant it around your home. The solution is:
- Extract aloe vera gel from its leaves.
- Dab the gel on the affected regions for 30 minutes.
- Apply it before sleeping or when you have free time.
This solution will prevent damage from the skin and reduce further sun poisoning.
Like other home remedies for sun poisoning, cucumber is a natural ingredient that you can get rid of rash and redness caused by sun poisoning. Cucumber has cooling property and it might recover your problem dramatically.
- Mix sandalwood powder with cucumber and apply it on affected area for 15-20 minutes.
- Another way is to combine cool milk with grated cucumber. Apply the mixture on the affected skin to soothe it naturally.
- You should apply the remedies several times each day to reduce sunburn quickly.
Onions are precious foods for health as well as for treating some conditions including sun poisoning. Onion is not only used for making delicious recipes, but also for healing sun poisoning (Click To Tweet).
- You take some bruised onions and apply on the affected area.
- This ingredient will reduce tan from sunburns without taking drugs.
Coconut is very healthy for your health and skin. Coconut oil is commonly used for skin care and you should follow the instruction as below:
- For treating sun poisoning, you should apply coconut oil on the affected regions to soothe the problem effectually.
- You also mash coconut and apply it on your arms, face, and other areas that get sunburn.
- Alternatively, you can dab coconut water on the affected skin.
Vinegar is really useful for skin, hair, and health care. For healing sun poisoning, you just need some vinegar at home and follow the direction like this:
- Combine some tablespoons of water and some tablespoons of vinegar. Apply the liquid on the affected area and let your skin dry naturally.
- You should apply this method several times daily to comfort the skin.
Keep reading the article and find out more useful remedies.
Mustard oil is an amazing ingredient for skin and health. The oil can remove dark spots, lighten your skin, act as natural sunscreen, treat infections, rashes, care your lips, promote hair growth, prevent hair loss, increase appetite, etc. for healing sun poisoning, you should follow this treatment:
- Get some mustard oil and apply the oil on affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- Do it every day for several times to reduce the symptoms fast.
Chamomile is conventionally used for producing medicines to treat stomachache, reduce anxiety, sun poisoning, etc. Chamomile is safe and it can reduce vomiting, nausea, heartburn, upset stomach, and other skin conditions like sun poisoning. Here is the way to sue chamomile for treating sun poisoning:
- Boiling a glass of water and add some chamomile flowers.
- Strain and apply the tea on the affected skin to get the effective results.
Green tea is a favorite drink because it has a lot of benefits for health. This drink will support for weight loss, treat diarrhea, vomiting, stomach disorders, tumor cancers, osteoporosis, headaches, colon cancer, genital warts, and so on. This is one of the best home remedies for sun poisoning if you apply the method frequently. You just need to apply green tea on affected area several times each day to get rid of the problem.
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Remedies Index page. After reading the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for sun poisoning rash, I hope that you have learned some useful treatments to get rid of the symptoms effectively at home. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, please leave them below.
Related articles on sun poisoning: