Dark discoloration of the skin area under the eye is majorly referred to as dark circles. Also, it is known as shadows or dark rings. In fact, a full night of shut-eye is not enough to eradicate your dark circles. It might help diminish their appearance a bit, yet in order to remove it for good, you should consider their underlying sources. Fortunately, before reaching out for any commercial beauty products available on the market, it is necessary for you to make use of some natural ingredients which even are now available in your kitchen. The list from VKool.com here will simply introduce to you a series of the most effective tips on how to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast and naturally.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes Fast – 7 Surefire Natural Tips
One of natural ways on how to get rid of dark circles is to use almond. This essential oil is helpful for the delicate human skin around the eyes. By using almonds oil regularly, you can fade the under eye circles. Aside from almond oil, you can use vitamin E to eradicate the dark circles under your eyes.
- Before hitting the hay, you apply a small amount of almond oil over the dark circles
- Gently massage it using clockwise motions
- Wait till the next morning to rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Apply this method daily to get good results
Check out: home remedies for dark circles
Because of the skin-lightening along with astringent properties, cucumbers can help fix dark circles under eyes naturally. In addition, they also have a refreshing and soothing effect.
- Cut one fresh cucumber into a few thick slices and then chill them in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Put those slices over your affected skin area for 10 minutes or so.
- Wash it off with cool water
- Do this routine twice per day for one week or two
Alternatively, you can choose cucumber juice which is mixed with lemon juice in the same amounts and use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on your facial skin. Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
Read more: lemon recipes for healthy skin
As potatoes have bleaching agents, so they could help in lightening dark circles under eyes and remove puffiness around your eyes as well.
- Just simply grate one chilled potato in order to extract the juice.
- Then, soak one cotton ball into this juice, place it on your eye areas.
- Wait for 15 minutes
- Repeat this routine once or twice per day for several weeks to get good results
Or, you can use thick slices of potato as an alternative to remove the dark circles.
Learn more: steps to remove bumps
Regarding natural tips on how to get rid of dark circles, rose water might be most common. It is because rose water comes with great ingredient for the skincare. It can rejuvenate the human skin and also has a soothing effect on the tired eyes. In addition, because of its milk astringent properties, it can also work as a great skin toner.
- Use cotton eye pads to soak into the rose water for several minutes
- Put the soaked pads on the closed eyelids
- Wait for 15 minutes or so
- Do this routine twice per day for several weeks
Recommend reading: rose water recipes for skin
Having bleaching properties, tomatoes could lighten skin drastically.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of the tomato juice with ½ teaspoon of the lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture gently on your affect skin area
- Let it sit on your face for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with water
- Do this twice per day for several weeks
- If you do not love lemon juice, simply using tomato juice can also work.
Remember to drink tomato juice mixed with some mint leaves, salt and lemon juice. That way, you can get the maximum benefits of tomatoes. Drink the mixture once or twice per day for one week or so.
Check out: benefits of tomato
Considered as one of the most versatile fruits for health and beauty, lemons are often used for lightening dark circles under eyes thanks to its skin-lightening properties.
- Take one cotton ball and dip it into the fresh lemon juice squeezed from one lemon or two.
- Wait for 10 minutes before washing it off
- Do this once per day for several weeks
- Alternatively, you can make a thick paste of the mixture of 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch gram flour, and turmeric powder.
- Apply the mixture onto your affected skin around the eyes.
- Rinse it off with cool water after 15 minutes
- Do this 2-3 times per day
Bear in mind that lemon juice is not good for sensitive skin as it might lead to a burning sensation.
Read more: face masks for oily skin
If you massage your affected skin area with coconut oil, you can lighten it up soon. Because of its moisturizing quality, coconut oil can enhance smooth skin, preventing fine lines and wrinkles under the eyes.
- Use extra-virgin coconut oil to massage on the skin area under eyes
- Leave it on your skin for several hours and wash it off
- Do this 2-3times per day for several months till you get good results
There you have learnt 7 of the most effective ways on how to get rid of dark circles under eyes. Actually, these remedies require consistency and patience from you to get long-term result. Thus, if you are serious about removing those dark circles, follow these tips persistently.
Share your thoughts with us by dropping words below the “how to” post. We will feedback soon.