You have been changing your hair color long before commercial dyes were invented. Darkening or lightening your hair is just to achieve any hair color you desired. Some people don’t like applying chemicals on their scalp and hair because they can damage their hair and leave it dry, frizzy and lifeless. Great news is that you can use natural home remedies with simple recipes and ingredients to darken or lighten your hair. In this article on VKool site, we are going to learn how to naturally darken your hair color without dying it.
Top 18 Tips On How To Naturally Darken Your Hair Without Dying
1. Curry Leaves And Coconut Oil
The combination of curry leaves and coconut oil is one of the perfect ways on how to naturally darken your hair at home, which you can easily apply:
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- Some curry leaves
- You simply put the curry leaves into a pan containing the coconut oil.
- Then you boil the coconut oil for a few minutes and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Now, you remove the curry leaves and let the coconut oil cool down to the room temperature.
- You use this coconut oil to gently massage your scalp and hair. You wait for up to 1 hour and wash off your hair and scalp with your shampoo.
2. Coffee, Curd, Lemon Juice, Henna, And Catechu
Henna is famous for being a classic natural tip to help you darken your hair without dying.
Henna is famous for being a classic natural tip to help you darken your hair without dying. You should apply this recipe twice per week to own a soft and black hair.
- 1 cup of henna powder
- 1 tablespoon of curd
- 1 cup of coffee powder
- A tablespoon of catechu (Acacia catechu)
- A tablespoon of Brahmi (Bacopa Monnier)
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- A tablespoon of dried mint powder
- A little vinegar
- First of all, you combine the henna powder well with the coffee powder as you desire (the henna can create a reddish color while the coffee has the ability to create a more brownish color). You should remember to put the combination in a stainless steel, plastic or wooden bowl as the henna is able to react to some certain metals.
- Next, you add the lemon juice, curd, Brahmi, catechu, dried mint powder, and Indian gooseberry in this combination. You continue to add an adequate amount of vinegar to this and stir until you have a thick paste.
- Now, you allow this mixture to sit for about two hours.
- After that, you rub it to your hair and scalp.
- Keep waiting without disturbing your head for an hour.
- Finally, you rinse off your hair and scalp completely with clean water.
3. Henna, Coffee, And Indian Gooseberry
The hair pack made with henna and Indian gooseberry is also another way on how to naturally darken your hair. This combination will be capable of dying your hair as well as making it shiny, soft, and silky.
- Indian gooseberry powder – 3 tablespoons
- Fresh henna paste – 1 tablespoon
- Coffee powder – 1 tablespoon
- Enough water
- At first, you mix the fresh henna paste together with the coffee powder and gooseberry. You can add a bit of water to this mixture and mix well until they form a uniform paste.
- Now, you apply this paste evenly on your hair and scalp. Remember to use a shower cap to aid you in preventing this dye from dripping.
- Wait for about 2 hours and use a mild shampoo or soap to rinse off your hair completely.
Read more: Health Benefits Of Coffee And Milk 2014
To find out more natural ways on how to naturally darken your hair, stay with us for our next post!