How many times you have seen those shampoo advertisements on television claiming to remove your dandruff in 3 washes and also how many times you have spent those precious bucks purchasing them hoping to treat dandruff! Although there are many shampoos that can prevent dandruff, you must know that the ingredients in the shampoo are crucial for eliminating ugly dandruff from the hair. And that is not all you have to know. You must also know that the shampoo is only a support to clear out dandruff and you should prevent them by other means. If you really want to get a beautiful hair without dandruff, you will have to control dandruff as well as wash them off. Here the question is that how to reduce dandruff naturally and completely? The logical answer to this question should be that you have to know the reasons for dandruff so that you will keep them off your hair by avoiding these reasons. As soon as you see these first symptoms of dandruff, then you should take steps to treat them immediately. For this again, you have to identify the symptoms of this problem. What benefits will you get by treating swiftly? You will save yourself from your troubles such as embarrassment, scalp itchiness, irritation, and even money used to buy expensive hair products!
In this writing, VKool.com will show to you top 11 ways on how to reduce dandruff naturally and fast at home without any side effect. This article listed the best methods to get rid of this problem from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods on how to reduce dandruff naturally at home!
Top 11 Ways On How To Reduce Dandruff Naturally At Home
At first, you need to know about some common causes and symptoms of this problem!
Some common causes of dandruff:
Like other body parts, your scalp forms skin cells continuously and turns into dead skin cells too. Therefore, it is normal if the scalp sheds the dead skin flakes, but only when it is very few, not noticeable unless you must pay close attention. This problem arises when the shedding of dead skin flakes becomes faster. They get easily noticeable. This occurs when oil secreted from your scalp clumps your skin cells together and then they appear like white flakes. If you don’t clean hair frequently, oil will build up and cause dandruff. Therefore, poor hygiene is the foremost reason for dandruff, so you should keep your hair clean as well as shampoo them frequently to prevent dandruff. Nevertheless, there are many other causes that can also result in dandruff.
If you suffer from certain skin conditions such as psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, or eczema, you are very easy to get dandruff. After all, your scalp is also one of the parts of your body skin!
We have also discussed this thing. Not shampooing regularly may lead the oil from your scalp to build up around your dead skin flakes causing dandruff.
If you own a dry skin, this is one of the main causes of dandruff. Sometimes, environmental factors like cold air during the winters, air-conditioned surroundings, or rooms that are overheated can give you a dry skin. When the other body parts, hands or legs, become itchy or dry, you have to check for dandruff in the hair. Dandruff caused by your dry skin is usually smaller and drier than oily skin.
You have to know that oily skin can also cause dandruff that is called seborrheic dandruff. This type of dandruff can not only attack your scalp but also your other body parts that are rich in oil glands such as eyebrows, back of your ear, groin, chest, the sides of the nose, and even armpits. In this case, you get dandruff that is greasy, red, and covered with white scales and sometimes yellow scales.
Yeast Fungi Overgrowth:
These fungi Malassezia, earlier called Pityrosporum, is on the almost healthy scalp of adults without causing any harm. Nevertheless, the overgrowth of these yeast fungi can cause dandruff. The fast yeast growth is triggered by the imbalance in some factors such as climate, heredity, diet, stress, and hormones. The natural defense system of your body will fight this growth of the microorganism on your scalp and while the procedure; it will produce symptoms of dandruff such as flaking, itching, and scaling.
Identify symptoms of dandruff quickly:
As soon as you see the first symptoms of this problem, you should start curing them. By now, you also know these symptoms in detail. They are dry white skin flakes, which show up on your hair, usually scattered on your scalp and shoulders. Sometimes, these symptoms also include scaly scalp or itchy red. Distinguishing between the symptoms of dandruff because of different causes is also a task. However, we will help you.
If you have dandruff because of seborrheic dermatitis (remember that oily skin can also cause dandruff), symptoms will often appear gradually. The scalp will first become greasy or dry and you will feel itchy. When your skin cells start dying, you will experience yellowish scales. However, if you suffer from a severe seborrheic dermatitis, the symptoms will affect to all other body parts and you can see reddish or yellow scales appearing on the hairline, in and around your ears, nose, and even your chest. Sometimes, newborn babies also get dandruff that can reflect as a crusty and thick rash on their scalp, called cradle cap.
When you get dandruff because of skin disease psoriasis, dandruff will appear as silver scales, sometimes seen on your ears, palms, and soles.
After knowing about causes and symptoms of dandruff, you will have a look at some effective home remedies and useful tips on how to reduce dandruff naturally at home!
Although “prevention is better than cure” is an old saying, it is really true! Why not prevent dandruff! It is far easier and also cheaper! Preventing dandruff is so simple, just some changes in your habits and lifestyle.
1. Have A Balanced And Healthy Diet
You are what you eat. You do not forget that your hair is a part of the body and it also needs nourishment. You have to provide the hair with proper food. You should include foods having omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, and zinc in your daily diet.
- For omega-3 fatty acid, have salmon fish, walnuts, flax seeds, spinach, broccoli, canola oil, kidney beans, kiwi, grape leaves, cauliflower, etc.
- For zinc, have poultry, whole grains, dairy products, nuts, beans, cereals, crab, red meat, and lobster.
- For B vitamins, have eggs, legume, cabbage, fish, whole grain cereals, milk, sweet potatoes, etc.
2. Keep Stress At Bay
You should know that stress is bad. It results in a weaker immune system that can make you prone to many problems including skin conditions and even dandruff. Therefore, you have to manage stress well, do not worry often. Instead, you should try to remove tension and remain happy. If required, you can learn stress management techniques such as yoga, meditation, and breath exercises, etc.
3. Choose Hairstyle Products With Caution
Although your hair spray, hair wax, mousses, and styling gels can give the hair a temporary attraction, it makes your hair oily by building up on the scalp. It is better for you to avoid these hairstyle products or reduce their use. If you really need to use them, you should go for herbal and natural products. And you do not forget to shampoo the hair after using these hair products. In fact, regular shampooing is one of the important steps that you may do to prevent dandruff.
4. Shampoo Regularly
Shampooing can not only cleanse your scalp and hair but also control the amount of oil, which builds up on your scalp to form dandruff. Nevertheless, you should not use all or any shampoo. Harsh shampoos are considered as one of the reasons for dandruff because they make the scalp dry enough to cause dandruff. You should use mild shampoos depending on your hair texture type. Nowadays, there are a lot of shampoos that contain moisturizing effects for the dry hair. Moreover, oily hair can also have their shampoo to manage the oil secretion. If you already suffer from dandruff, you can use anti-dandruff shampoos, which come with special ingredients in order to cure, control, and prevent this problem.
Learn more: The book of hair loss blueprint
The best way on how to reduce dandruff naturally at home is to wash your hair often with yogurt. If needed, you can wash it every day along with a mild shampoo. You do not use hot water to rinse your hair, which will leave it dry and easily prone to dandruff.
- At first, you wash your hair by rubbing gently your scalp with shampoo and clean water.
- Then, you apply yogurt on your scalp.
- After that, you leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, you wash your hair with clean water. You can also use shampoo if needed.
See more: Natural treatments for shiny hair
Aspirin not only relieves you from headaches but also from dandruff! Although it is not a natural ingredient, this aspirin can also be included in this list of ways on how to reduce dandruff fast at home!
- 2 aspirins
- Firstly, you crush these aspirins to make a fine powder.
- Then, you take a little shampoo in a bowl.
- Next, you add the aspirin powder into your shampoo and mix them well.
- Now, you apply this mixture on your head and leave it on for about 2 minutes.
- Finally, you wash your hair with clean water.
- You may do this way whenever you shampoo your hair.
7. Coconut Oil
You can massage your hair with coconut oil for every 2 to 3 days. Some people even use it daily. This is one of the cheapest ways on how to reduce dandruff naturally at home that you must do.
- Coconut oil – a little
- At first, you take coconut oil into your palms and then apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Next, you massage gently with your fingertips.
- When your hands become dry, you continue taking this oil and massage again.
- You should do it for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- After that, you let the oil sit on for about 2 to 3 hours. It is better if you keep it for overnight.
- Finally, you wash off your hair with a mild shampoo and clean water.
- You should make it become a habit for at least 2 times per week.
Learn more: Natural homemade conditioners for your hair
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a very effective way on how to reduce dandruff naturally at home!
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 cups
- Cold water – 2 cups
- Firstly, you shampoo your hair and then rinse it thoroughly with clean water
- Next, you mix apple cider vinegar with cold water together.
- Now, you rinse your hair with this mixture.
- Another option, you can take 3 to 4 tablespoons of this vinegar and apply it onto your scalp.
- Then, you massage your scalp gently with your fingertips.
- Now, you wait for a few minutes.
- Finally, you wash off your hair with a mild shampoo and clean water.
See more: Best foods to eat for hair loss
9. Lemon Juice With Fuller’s Earth
Both fuller’s earth and lemon juice are wonderful ingredients for hair and skin.
- Fuller’s earth
- Lemon juice
- Firstly, you mix lemon juice with fuller’s earth to make a paste.
- Then, you apply this mixture onto your hair and scalp.
- Now, you leave it on for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Finally, you wash off your hair with a mild shampoo and plain water.
- If you have a dry skin, you don’t use fuller’s earth because it can take oil out from the skin. In this case, you should use only lemon juice in order to rub your hair and scalp.
10. Neem Leaves
Margosa or neem leaves have natural antibacterial properties that you may use as another way on how to reduce dandruff naturally at home.
- Neem leaves
- At first, you boil these neem leaves in clean water for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Then, you let the water cool down for a few minutes.
- Next, you separate these leaves by using a sieve and collect the water into another bowl.
- Now, you crush the boiled leaves in order to make a paste.
- After that, you apply this paste onto your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Then, you wash off your hair with clean water. You may use the water, which you got after boiling these leaves and then rinse again with plain water.
- If possible, you do not shampoo your hair the same day and do it in the next day.
- You can do this way for 1 or 2 times per week for at least 4 weeks.
Learn more: Proven homemade natural ways for dry hair
11. Bitter Fenugreek
Being a wonder spice, fenugreek acts as well not only in cooking but also in the list of natural ways on how to reduce dandruff.
- At first, you soak the fenugreek in the water for overnight.
- Then, you grind it with water to make a paste.
- Next, you apply this paste onto your scalp.
- After that, you leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Finally, you wash off your hair with shampoo and clean water.
- You should repeat this way for once per week for at least 4 to 5 weeks to reduce dandruff completely.
If you want to know more about natural ways for many other diseases and conditions related to your skin and health, go to our main How to page. After reading the article of top 11 ways on how to reduce dandruff, hope that you can find out the best solutions to get rid of dandruff naturally at home. But do not forget that you should try the remedies only after carrying out a small test, check your body reaction, and then continue using these methods to keep dandruff at bay. Nevertheless, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any natural way. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other ways on how to reduce dandruff naturally at home.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 9 best home remedies for beautiful skin and hair
- 15 Homemade, natural hair masks for fine hair
- Natural weight loss code review – is Marius’ guide really useful?
- Top 10 Surprising Listerine Mouthwash Uses
- Top 12 Homemade Scrubs For Oily Skin: Natural Face Care Recipes
- How to use lavender oil for skin, hair, health: 20 tips
- Get Rid Of Man Boobs Fast In A Week At Home
- Beat eczema book review – can Susan Clark’s guide really work?