Head lice infest your hair and scalp and make you scratch your scalp for several days. Avoid contacting to people having head lice as much as possible because head lice are easily moved from others to others. If you, unfortunately, suffer from head lice, there are many homemade treatments to get rid of this condition.
Coconut oil is semi-solid fat or fatty oil extracted from the meat of fresh coconuts. It is considered as one of the most effective and natural treatments for healing head lice. Used in several beauty products and soaps, coconut oil doesn’t have harsh chemicals and thereby letting your hair grow healthily without being infected. In addition, coconut oil is also included in the medicine and food and industries because of its high saturated fat content and is stored up to two years without spoiling.
In this article, VKool.com will introduce 7 natural ways on to use coconut oil for head lice and nits without any side effect. This writing shows you how coconut oil can help to kill head lice and lists the best effective remedies that use it combined with other natural ingredients to get rid of head lice and nits effectively from reliable sources. However, this is only for the informational purpose. You’d better not apply without the doctor’s instruction. Keep reading to find the one which is right for you!
Top 7 Natural Ways On How To Use Coconut Oil For Head Lice And Nits
First of all, take a look to understand how coconut oil can help to heal head lice.
Coconut oil can help you to treat head lice well thanks to its natural properties because the fat content in it can assist you in suffocating the lice and making it difficult for them to keep a grip on your hair follicles.
Plus, coconut oil has the ability to control lice infestations as well as works as a great and effective way to repel lice in future.
You can apply these natural homemade treatments below for healing head lice. Moreover, coconut oil aids in removing dandruff, making your hair shiny and smooth. Try using some natural ways below to treat head lice.
1. Garlic And Coconut Oil For Head Lice
Garlic contains antiseptic properties along with a strong fragrance, which can help you to suffocate as well as kill lice. You may use coconut oil mixed with garlic to get the best result.
- Firstly mix 8 to 10 ground garlic cloves well with 2 or 3 teaspoons of virgin coconut oil.
- You stir well and use this paste to thoroughly coat your hair.
- Leave it on there for about 30 minutes and then use a comb to eliminate the dead eggs and lice.
- After that, you shampoo your hair and condition it well.
- Keep repeating this regularly to get the best results.
2. Coconut Oil And Tea Tree Oil
The combination of coconut oil and tea tree oil is another of top 7 tips to use coconut oil for head lice. This tea tree oil contains natural insecticide properties, killing head lice. Click To Tweet All these remedies with tea tree oil below are very beneficial in treating head lice. Try using them to get a significant improvement.
- At first, prepare 3 to 5 tea tree oil drops and 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil.
- You stir them well and use this solution to coat your hair thoroughly.
- Use a shower cap to cover it and leave for overnight.
- Use a hair dryer to blow your hair at the heat level over the shower cap for 4 to 6 minutes to make the lice get suffocated.
- In the next morning, you apply your shampoo and then massage the scalp.
- Next, use the shower cap to cover your head for 30 to 35 minutes and then comb the hair to eliminate the dead eggs and lice.
- Finally, just shampoo your hair and condition it.
- Keep repeating regularly to get the best results.
- Firstly prepare coconut oil (3 tablespoons), natural shampoo (1 ounce), and tea tree oil (1 teaspoon).
- Mix all these ingredients well and then coat your hair with this mixture.
- Use a towel or shower cap to cover your head for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Next, comb the hair well to eliminate the dead eggs and lice.
- Shampoo your hair and condition it finally.
3. Coconut Oil
This is the simplest tip on how to use coconut oil for head lice that you can apply now.
- First of all, you put some drops of coconut oil directly on your hair and gently massage your hair and scalp.
- Then you use a towel or shower cap to cover your head for 1 to 2 hours.
- After that, you comb your hair well to eliminate the dead eggs and lice from your hair.
- Finally shampoo it and use moisturizer to keep your hair hydrated.
4. Coconut And Apple Cider Vinegar
Another option for you to use coconut oil for head lice is to combine it with apple cider vinegar. In fact, apple cider vinegar has the ability to dissolve the glue that nits use to stick to your hair follicles. Hence, the combination of coconut and apple cider vinegar will be the good choice for you.
Remedy 1: Coconut Conditioner Combined With Apple Cider Vinegar
- You simply mix the apple cider vinegar well with coconut conditioner.
- Then you rub this conditioner directly to your hair and gently massage it as well as the scalp.
- Let it aside on your head for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After that, comb your hair well to get rid of the dead eggs and lice.
- Keep repeating this process for 2 times weekly to get the significant results.
Remedy 2: Coconut Oil Combined With Apple Cider Vinegar
- Firstly use apple cider vinegar to thoroughly coat your hair.
- Let the apple cider vinegar dry completely on your hair and then coat it thoroughly with coconut oil.
- Use a shower cap or towel to cover your head and wait for 3 to 5 hours.
- After that, use a comb to remove the dead eggs and lice on your hair.
- Finally, shampoo your hair and then condition it.
5. Coconut Oil, Garlic, Green Tea, And Lemon
Another of top 7 tips to use coconut oil for head lice is to use coconut oil mixed with garlic, green tea, and lemon.
- First of all, mix fresh 1 teaspoon each of garlic juice, lemon juice, green tea, and coconut oil well.
- Then you use this mixture to coat your hair and scalp thoroughly.
- Use a towel to cover your head and wait for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Next, remove the dead nits and lice by combing your hair.
- Remember to shampoo your hair again and condition it.
- Do this process weekly within 2 months to get rid of this condition completely.
6. Coconut Oil And Oregano Oil
The last effective tip to use coconut oil for head lice is the combination of coconut oil and oregano oil. Coconut oil contains a lubricating nature, inhibiting the lice movement and prevents them from growing. If you combine it with oregano oil, you can have an effective way to get rid of head lice.
- You just mix coconut oil together with oregano oil at the ratio of 5:1.
- Then you use this mixture to coat your hair thoroughly.
- Next, remove the dead nits and lice by combing your hair.
- Finally, shampoo your hair and condition it well.
Note: With all these treatments above, always remember to use organic and virgin coconut oil which is white and have the smell of coconut.
To get more information about various health conditions, go to visit our main Health page. After reading the writing of 7 useful ways on how to use coconut oil for head lice and nits, hope that you can learn more some simple and easy ways to use coconut oil to kill head lice and nits. All these remedies are natural, effective, and safe for treating head lice and nits. But remember to try these remedies only after you carry out a small test, check your reaction. If you have any question, please let them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, if you know other ways on how to use coconut oil for head lice and nits, please share them with us.