An open sore or a tear in the skin area around the anus can lead to sharp pain and burning when the patients have a bowel movement. This is called a rectal or anal fissure.
Home Remedies For Anal Fissures – The Best Natural Treatments:
People who are struggling with the constipation issue are at higher risks of having anal fissures as large or hard stools can tear the lining of your anus.
Nevertheless, there are other possible trigger factors, such as tight anal sphincter muscles, straining during childbirth, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), persistent diarrhea, and, in rare cases, a sexually transmitted infection like herpes or syphilis.
The most popular and well-known symptoms may be itching followed by bleeding or a sharp pain (brief or long-lasting) when you pass stools. Many patients observe bright red blood either on the toilet paper or in their stool.
These uncomfortable sensations could make you scared, but you can make use of some natural home remedies for anal fissures that can help to relieve pain and heal your fissures within just 2 – 3 days or a week. If after making use of these home remedies within a couple of weeks, your condition is still not healed, seek medical attention.
Quick tips on how to treat anal fissures naturally at home:
- Avoid scratching as it just can worsen the condition.
- For preventing anal fissures in infants, change their diapers on a regular basis.
- During bowel movements, avoid straining as it can open a healing tear or even trigger a new tear.
- Avoid constipating foods like fried foods, chips, large amounts of red meat, chocolate, cheese, white rice, bananas, or any type of dairy product.
- If you are struggling with diarrhea, treat it as soon as possible.
- Regular physical activity of at least half an hour per day can help in promoting regular bowel movements and increasing the blood flow to the anus. You can try gardening, light housework, stretching, yoga, or walking.
- Drink adequate fluids to keep your body hydrated so that your stools will be softened and thereby you will be able to avoid constipation.
- Sitting on hard surfaces could be very painful, so to ease pressure on your anus, use a soft pillow.
- Avoid heavy weight-lifting, biking, or any form of exercises that require you to strain.
In the article today, people will have a chance to learn some home remedies for anal fissures that will work well for any case of this issue. The home remedies you will learn about include:
This is the very first one on the list of the best home remedies for anal fissures that I would like to introduce in this article and want my readers to catch this chance right away to stop the anal fissures issue.
To improve and speed up the healing process of anal fissures, it is crucial to maintain proper hygiene. First of all, you will need to keep your affected anal area dry and clean, as moisture could make the risks of bacterial infections even higher than usual.
- After taking a bath, dab some baby powder gently around your affected area to keep that area dry.
- Use soft toilet paper to wipe the anal area after each bowel movement. Avoid using scented and rough toilet papers as they can cause irritation.
- Do not sit in the same position for a long time period because it can cause the buildup of moisture in your anus and anal area.
- Wear cotton underwear and loose-fitting clothing to allow air to circulate.
This is also one of the most effective home remedies for anal fissures that I would like you and my other readers to learn and make use to stop the anal fissures as soon as possible. Following a high-fiber diet will actually boost regular bowel movements. Regular fiber consumption will result in softer stools that are passed with ease. Thus, during a bowel movement, you do not have to use much pressure, thus avoiding damage to your anal lining effectively. There are 2 simple ways for you to try with fiber:
- After consulting your doctor, you can make use of fiber supplements.
- You can also add foods rich in fiber to your daily diet, like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, spinach, legumes, buckwheat, prunes, oatmeal, and quinoa. Psyllium, also called isabgol, is also considered an excellent source of fiber.
Note: When you increase your fiber consumption, especially when taking psyllium, ensure that you will drink a lot of water throughout the day so that you can avoid gastrointestinal discomforts.
Another one on the list of the most useful and available natural home remedies for anal fissures that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want readers to learn carefully as well as remember to make use is flaxseed. Flaxseed has high contents of omega-3 fatty acids and fiber that can help to relieve constipation effectively. As all of us know, constipation is one of the major causes that lead to and worsen the anal fissures issue. Flaxseed contains a laxative property which can help to ease the need to strain during bowel movements. There are also two simple ways for you to try with the help of flaxseed to deal with and beat off the anal fissure issue right at the comfort of your own home:
- After consulting your doctor carefully for the correct dosage, take flaxseed capsules.
- Alternatively, you just need to mix 1 tbsp. of flaxseed powder in 1 glass of water. Consume the solution one time per day before your bedtime. This can help to regulate your bowel movements effectively.
Constipation and straining during a bowel movement can lead to and make the anal fissures worse. Apple cider vinegar is actually one of the best home treatments for constipation – one of the main causes of the anal fissure issue.
Apple cider vinegar contains pectin, a water-soluble fiber that can help to promote bowel movements and improve digestion effectively. Here is what you will need to do with apple cider vinegar to deal with and beat off the anal fissure issue:
- Mix one or two tbsps. of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with 1 glass of water.
- Optionally, add some raw honey for more taste.
- Consume this solution 2 times per day.
In fact, this is considered one of the most effective home remedies for anal fissures that people should not look down but make use as soon as possible.
Arginine, also called L-arginine, is an amino acid that can help to promote the healing process of anal fissures as it can increase the nitric oxide flow to the irritated anal area.
A research published in Diseases of the Colon and Rectum in 2005 discovered that local application of L-arginine gel can help to promote the fissure healing without leading to any harmful side effect. This gel is even useful for patients who are not responding to isosorbide dinitrate treatments.
To make use of this remedy, you just need to apply over-the-counter L-arginine gel directly right onto your affected anal area 2 – 3 times on a daily basis.
Coconut oil is also among the most effective natural home remedies for anal fissures that should be tried at all costs. Coconut oil is very abundant in medium-chain triglycerides, and this oil can penetrate into the skin with ease. Thus, it can help to keep the affected area lubricated and start the healing process. There are 2 simple ways you can try at home with the support of coconut oil to cure anal fissures:
- If you suffer from constipation or any issue related to the digestive system, then you should add coconut oil to your daily diet.
- Alternatively, you can try applying coconut oil directly onto the anal sphincter two or three times per day. In cases of chronic anal fissure issue, apply this method several times throughout the day to achieve good results as desired.
This is also among the most useful home remedies for anal fissures that people should not skip. Comfrey is a common herbal remedy that can relieve pain and promote healing when struggling with the anal fissures. Both the leaves and the root of comfrey contain medicinal properties that can aid in promoting rapid cell growth and regenerating skin tissues. This can help to accelerate the healing process. There are 3 simple ways people should try at home with the support of comfrey to deal with and beat off the anal fissure issue:
- The first way is to apply an over-the-counter comfrey ointment right onto your affected skin area two or three times per day.
- Alternatively, apply a warm comfrey tea as a compress onto your affected area.
- Another option is to add 1 tbsp. of dried comfrey to a cup of hot water. Cover the cup and allow it to steep within about ten to fifteen minutes. Strain the tea and let it cool naturally on its own. Clean your anal area with this tea two or three times per day to achieve the best results.
To promote healing and reduce the discomforts due to the anal fissure issue, try a hot sitz bath. It would be able to help a lot in increasing the blood flow to the anal area which helps to promote the healing of minor splits or tears in the tissue. It can also aid in reducing itching, swelling, and pain. Here is how you will do with the hot sitz bath:
- Prepare warm water enough to fill a large bathtub.
- Add 3 – 5 drops of lavender essential oil and stir it well.
- Sit still in the warm bath water up to your waist within about fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Apply this method two or three times per day.
Note: You can take a hot sitz bath or just prepare a warm compress to apply onto your affected area after bowel movements. In fact, this is also listed out among the best natural home remedies for anal fissures that those dealing and struggling with the anal fissures issue should not look down yet make use as soon as possible.
Another one on the list of the most useful natural home remedies for anal fissures that I want to reveal today is the use of aloe vera. Aloe vera is a familiar herb that is well-known for the amazing effects on skin and beauty care. Aloe vera contains natural pain-relieving properties and healing powers that can help in easing the signs of anal fissures and help in repairing damaged skin tissue as well.
A published in the European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences in 2014 discovered that a topical cream which contains aloe vera juice was a useful remedy for the chronic anal fissure issue. There are just some simple steps people will need to follow if they want to make use of aloe vera to soothe the pain and itching of anal fissures:
- Cut off 1 leaf of 1 aloe vera plant. Slice the aloe vera leaf lengthwise and scrape out the gel with a spoon.
- Use some aloe vera gel to apply directly onto the affected area of your skin.
- Apply this method 2 – 3 times per day.
This is the last one out on the list of the most useful natural home remedies for anal fissures that I would like to introduce in the entire article today and want you as well as my other dear readers to learn and make use of right away!
Olive oil is actually very abundant in healthy fats that would lubricate your bowel system, allowing the stool to pass with ease. Moreover, it contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties so that olive oil could provide great help in reducing the pain due to the anal fissure issue.
A research published in the Scientific World Journal in 2006 indicated that patients with anal fissures would get a reduction in itching, bleeding and pain after using a mixture of beeswax, honey, and olive oil. Here are some simple steps that people will need to follow if they want to make use of olive oil to deal with and beat off the anal fissure issue at home:
- Mix equal amounts of beeswax, honey, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Put the mixture to the microwave to warm it until the beeswax is completely melted.
- Let the mixture cool, and then apply it onto the affected areas of your anus.
- Apply this method 2 – 3 times per day.
After reading this article and learning the most effective home remedies for anal fissures, you may want to learn ways to deal with another anal issue. If it is true, you just need to spend time reading the Top 10 Best Natural Home Remedies For Anal Itching article on VKool.com. This is actually a revolutionary combination of the most useful treatment tips and natural therapies that will help anyone who is struggling with this issue to stop it within a short time period. You will not need to use any type of medical intervention because the tips and remedies suggested in this article are 100% based on nature. They will actually lead to no harmful side effect, so do not worry anything about the effectiveness as well as the safety of the remedies revealed in this recommended article. In fact, the article I am writing for you and the recommended article above have a tight connection as anal itching could be resulted directly from anal fissures. Thus, do not look down any of this couple yet make use of both of them as soon as possible if you want to stop the discomfort caused by this issue fast!
The article today is an entire collection of the best natural home remedies for anal fissures that are proven to work well for several people around the world. These remedies do not require the use of any medical interventions, drugs, or pills so that readers will not need to worry anything about the possible harmful side effects they could get after making use of these remedies. If you see that this article is exactly what you are looking for, as well as beneficial for other people you know out there who are struggling with the anal fissures issue as well, do not hesitate to share this list and make use together with people around you coming with the same concern. One more thing, as an article of Vkool.com, I always welcome the thoughts and opinions about the content of this article from my dear readers, so do not forget to leave your feedbacks and comments in the section below. If you have any question to ask, just leave them here and wait for my replication. I promise that I will give you the best answers within the shortest time period.
Related articles about anal, excretory, and vaginal issues, how to treat them and how to take care of effectively and naturally without making use of drugs, pills, or medications: