Are you looking for a perfect solution to get rid of excessive sweating on face & other parts of the body? Do you want to know which natural ingredients will work to eliminate the excessive sweating condition quickly and effectively without any side effect? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 15 home remedies for excessive sweating on face & other body parts. The writing is a collection of best healthy solutions for hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 15 Home Remedies For Excessive Sweating On Face & Other Parts
Sweating is the natural process, which helps our body adjust its temperature. Nevertheless, if a person sweats more than normal & without any trigger, he or she can have excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis. Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) is frequently linked to obesity, stress, anxiety, poor circulation and nutritional deficiencies. In addition, a few medical causes of hyperhidrosis are fever, heart problems, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, menopause and leukemia. The excessive sweating problem may affect a lot of areas of the body such as the soles, palms, forehead, the scalp, underarms, and neck. Excessive sweating can happen whilst you are asleep or awake. Excessive sweating not only disrupts the normal routine life, but it also can cause embarrassment or social anxiety, and raise the risk of the body odor. Fortunately, the excessive sweating condition can be easily controlled by some simple homemade remedies. Here are 15 best natural, at home remedies for excessive sweating you are looking for:
8. Baking Soda
10. Black Tea
11. Witch Hazel
12. White Sandalwood
13. Tomato Juice
15. Coconut Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the home remedies for excessive sweating on the face and other parts. Click To Tweet It is due to its astringent and natural anti-fungal properties that are beneficial in killing the bacteria causing excessive sweating thereby relieving this condition. Below are the directions for using tea tree oil for excessive sweating:
- Tea tree oil
- A Cotton ball
- Take a cup of tea tree oil the soak the cotton ball in and apply it to the sweat areas
- With the sensitive skin, dilute the solution by stirring 5 drops tea oil in 1/2 cup of water then do the same to above direction
- Use this remedy regularly.
Learn more: How to use tea tree oil correctly and safely
The next one of the home remedies for excessive sweating is chamomile. Being a rich source of astringent, deodorant, and anti-bacteria properties, this herb can relieve even treat excessive sweating effectively. More clearly, the antibacterial property aids in getting rid of the bacteria producing sweat and the body odor. Besides, the astringent property aids in constricting the sweat glands while the deodorant properties aid in counteracting the odor. There are 3 ways to abuse chamomile for excessive sweating treatment:
Direction 1: Chamomile Tea
- 1 teaspoon of chamomile
- 1 cup of hot water
- Add the chamomile to the cup of hot water then keep it for a few minutes to steep
- Take the chamomile tea each day to relieve your sweat.
Direction 2: Chamomile solution
- 1 teaspoon of chamomile
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 cotton ball
- Make a cup of chamomile tea as above then let it cool off completely.
- Use the cotton ball to soak in the tea and apply to the sweat areas.
- Use this remedy regularly.
Direction 3: Chamomile bath
- A few drops of chamomile essential oil
- A bathtub of warm water
- Stir a few chamomile essential oil drops in the bath of warm water.
- Soak your body in this water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take this bath every day.
Read more: 14 Natural home remedies for chafing skin
The combination of baking soda and coconut oil is the next of the home remedies for excessive sweating. Both of baking soda and coconut oil can act individually to treat excessive sweating and when they combine together, the effective is even better. Now is the detail:
- 3 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of Shea butter
- 2 teaspoons of arrowroot powder
- A few drops of essential oil
- Double boiler
- Put the Shea butter and coconut oil into the double boiler then melt them over a medium heat
- After completely melted, remove the double boiler from the heat then add arrowroot and baking soda to
- Stir them well together then add your favorite essential oil to the mixture
- Let the mixture cool off then fill it in a deodorant stick to store in the fridge in case it melts
- Use the stick on a regular basis.
It is a bit surprising that water can help you much in relieving the excessive sweating. You should drink a lot of water each day to maintain a normal body temperature as well as eliminate the toxins out of your body. However, drinking only water cannot supply some essential minerals lost through sweating, so we recommend some drinks to take along with water as kind of home remedies for excessive sweating. They are:
- Coconut water
- Lemon juice
- Vegetable juices
- Cold herbal tea
Excessive sweating is sometimes known as an effective way for Weight Loss, but it is also a real trouble. Besides these home remedies for excessive sweating, you should have a proper diet to control your body. In fact, sweating can be caused by the magnesium deficiency in the body, so it is advised to add enough magnesium- rich food to the daily diet, which helps regulate the temperature of the body. In addition, a regular consumption of this food is also beneficial in reducing the anxiety that is also known as a cause of sweating. We now suggest some magnesium- rich foods for your sweating relief:
- Whole grains
One of the most effective home remedies for excessive sweating is using wheatgrass juice. Wheatgrass juice helps you to balance the acids as well as toxins in the blood, which cause sweating. In addition, this juice is very rich in vitamins B & other nutrients, which help to regulate the body temperature. To treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) with wheatgrass juice, you can follow the following directions:
- You drink about one to two glasses of the wheatgrass juice per day.
- Then you continue this solution till you are satisfied with obtained results.
Another home remedy for hyperhidrosis is applying apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has astringent properties that can help you to control sweating externally. In addition, when apple cider vinegar is taken internally, this vinegar can help you in balancing your body’s pH level. To use apple cider vinegar as one of home remedies for excessive sweating, here are step by step instructions:
- You wash the area of your body where sweats the most
- Then you use some cotton balls in order to rub a little of apple cider vinegar onto this area.
- Then you let this solution sit on your skin overnight.
- In the next morning, you take a shower or bath
- Then you apply a little of deodorant or talcum powder
- Alternatively, you can mix 2 tsp of honey with 2 tsp of the organic apple cider vinegar into a glass of water.
- Then you drink this mixture once per day when having an empty stomach in order to combat your excessive sweating condition.
Read more: discover other uses of apple cider vinegar
Another option for reducing excessive sweating is using baking soda. Baking soda will help you in solving the problem of your excessive perspiration.
Baking soda is a natural antiperspirant, so it may absorb moisture & neutralize the body odor effectively. In addition, because it is alkaline in nature, so it can reduce the pH level of some body parts, which sweat very much. To apply baking soda as one of the home remedies for excessive sweating, you can follow some easy steps as below:
- You mix 1 tsp of the baking soda and an enough amount of water in order to create a thick paste.
- Then you add about 3 to 4 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Then you apply this mixture onto your face, armpits, or other parts, which sweat a lot.
- Then you wash off your affected skin are after about 15 to 20 minutes.
- You do this solution 3 to 4 times a week.
- Another option, you mix an equal amount of the baking soda & cornstarch
- Then you store this mixture in a bottle.
- You dust a little of this mixture onto the area where sweats the most.
- You use this mixture as needed.
- You try these ways for several days.
Learn more: discover other uses of baking soda
There are a lot of other healthy home remedies for excessive sweating presented in this article, so keep reading it to learn more about them.
Sage is known as a great astringent and antiperspirant. Sage can help you in constricting the sweat glands, consequently relieving sweating. In addition, this herb is very rich in vitamin B and magnesium that aid you in controlling the sweat gland activity. To treat excessive sweating using sage, you can follow the following directions:
- You add 1 tsp of the dried sage leaves into 2 cups water
- Then you boil it.
- Then you allow it to cool to the room temperature
- Then you use this water to completely clean your body parts, which sweat the most.
- You follow this solution about 3 to 4 times per day for a few days.
- Alternatively, you can steep 1 tsp of sage into 1 cup of the hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Then you add a little of the lemon juice into this tea
- Then you drink this tea about 2 to 3 times per day.
- Or you can include sage in cooking.
One of other healthy and effective home remedies for excessive sweating is using black tea. A lot of people have used black tea for controlling the sweating condition. This herbal tea has tannic acid, which provides astringent and antiperspirant properties. In addition, black tea can aid you in making your sweat glands constrict in order that these glands cannot release sweat in excess. Furthermore, this herbal tea may kill bacteria, which cause the body odor. Here are easy steps to use black tea for treating excessive sweating:
- You put one or two tea bags into three to four cups of the hot water.
- Then you let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- You dip a clean washcloth into this solution
- Then you rub this cloth onto your affected skin area such as face, underarms & neck.
- You can soak feet & hand sweating into this solution for about 20 to 30 minutes in order to control them
- Then you can do this way once per day for some weeks.
- Alternatively, you can drink about two to three cups of the black tea per day.
See more: discover other benefits of tea on health
Witch hazel is considered one of the effective home remedies for excessive sweating. Witch hazel has antiperspirant and astringent properties, which help you shrink your skin pores, consequently preventing your sweating condition. In addition, witch hazel has light & pleasant smell, so it will help you mask the body odor. To deal with excessive sweating by using witch hazel, here are step by step directions:
- You saturate some cotton balls with the witch hazel liquid extract
- Then you dab these cotton balls onto your affected skin areas daily.
- In addition, you can mix one tbsp of the witch hazel bark powder and a little of water to make a paste.
- Then you apply this paste onto your sweating areas
- Then you leave it on your skin for about 1 hour.
- You rinse off this paste by using the cold water.
- You should follow this solution daily for about 1 to 2 weeks.
Continue reading the next part of this writing to discover other effective home remedies for excessive sweating!
The white sandalwood powder is able to manage sweating as well as keep the skin dry, so it is another among effective home remedies for excessive sweating you can try applying. White sandalwood has numerous enzymes, which absorb the extra moisture from skin. In addition, white sandalwood has the aromatic fragrance that can help you to mask your body odor associated with excessive sweating. Here are step by step directions to deal with excessive sweating by using white sandalwood powder:
- You mix one tbsp of the white sandalwood powder and an enough amount of the rose water in order to create a thin paste.
- Then you add a little of the lemon juice into this mixture.
- You mix them well
- Then you apply this paste onto your freshly washed skin areas, which sweat a lot.
- Then you let it dry
- Then you can rinse off this paste with the warm water.
- You should do this solution once per day till your excessive sweating condition is under control.
Astringent properties of the tomato juice can help you in shrinking pores block the ducts, which secrete sweat. In addition, tomato juice is very rich in antioxidants that help you regulate your sweat glands. To use tomato juice for relieving the excessive sweating condition, here are some easy steps you can follow at home:
- You drink one cup of the fresh tomato juice per day for about 7 days
- Then you lower this dosage to 1/2 cup for another 7 days.
- Alternatively, you apply the tomato juice onto your body parts, which sweat a lot before you take a shower
- Then you allow it to sit on your skin for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then you rinse off this juice in the shower.
- You should do this solution once per day till you see the improvements in your sweating condition.
Learn more: the book of curing sweaty palms
Lemon is one of the easiest home remedies for excessive sweating. This fruit works like a natural deodorant in order to mask your embarrassing odors that are caused by excessive sweating or perspiration. To apply lemon for curing perspiration, here are detailed instructions:
- You extract one lemon
- Then you add this lemon juice into a glass of the cool water.
- You soak a washcloth inside this water
- Then you rub it onto your affected skin areas or all over your body.
- Then you allow it to sit on your skin for about 20 to 30 minutes
- Then you take a shower or bath by using just the cold water.
- You should do this solution once per day.
- Alternatively, you mix an equal part of the baking soda and lemon juice to make a smooth paste.
- Then you utilize a cotton pad in order to apply the paste onto your sweating areas.
- Then you let it sit on your skin for around 20 minutes.
- Next, you rinse off this paste with water.
- Finally, you should follow this solution once per day.
Pay attention: you should avoid going out under the sun instantly after applying the lemon juice.
Coconut oil contains lauric acid that will help you to kill bacteria, which cause the bad odor linked to sweating. In addition, this oil has the sweet fragrance that will help you to keep the smelling fresh during the day. To apply coconut oil for curing excessive sweating or perspiration, here are detailed instructions:
- You can gently massage a little of the coconut oil onto your body parts, which sweat the most.
- In addition, you can form a natural deodorant by using the coconut oil.
Here are easy steps to form the natural coconut oil deodorant:
- You put about three tsp of the extra virgin coconut oil with two tsp of the shea butter into a bowl.
- Then you microwave this mixture for about one minute till the mixture melts.
- Then you mix it in three tsp of the baking soda, two tsp of the arrowroot powder & some drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Finally, you store the mixture in a jar
- You can use this mixture like a deodorant onto skin areas prone to sweating.
Home Remedies For Excessive Sweating – Additional Tips
- Drinking plenty of the cool water during the day in order to help regulate the body temperature.
- Showering or bathing on a daily basis by using the antibacterial soap.
- Do not wear clothes that are made of polyester or nylon, which will trap sweat. Wear breathable, light fabrics such as cotton & silk instead.
- Drying yourself completely before applying antiperspirant or deodorant.
- Using underarm liners & shoe inserts in order to prevent odor and absorb sweat.
- Avoiding spicy foods, which may raise the amount of sweat that you produce.
- Reducing stress that is the main sweat trigger for a lot of people.
- Using dry shampoo for controlling sweating from your scalp.
- Cutting back on excessive caffeine consumption, drinking alcohol and smoking that may result in the augmented sweating.
- For people with overweight, they need to apply some necessary methods for losing weight
- Avoiding consuming the fast food, soda, ready-to-eat processed meals, or foods that contain the high fructose corn syrup.
- Eating plenty of the fresh fruit & vegetables, which are very high in the water content
- Eating foods that are rich in zinc or taking a zinc supplement.
- Eating a handful of grapes daily in order to maintain the body temperature cool.
- Consulting a doctor in case your excessive sweating happens with rapid heartbeat, chest pain, sudden weight loss or shortness of breath.
Related articles on sweating problem:
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the writing of top 15 home remedies for excessive sweating on face & other body parts, hope that this writing helps you find out the best solution to get rid of your excessive sweating condition. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for excessive sweating, please leave them below.