The clogged hair follicles are the main reasons of acne. Acne can appear on many parts of your body such as the face, back, neck chest, and shoulders. You can buy many medicines for this problem. However, many people like using natural remedies that are not only safe but also inexpensive. Using apple cider vinegar is such remedy. Apple cider vinegar can fight acne because it contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. It fights off the bacteria that cause acne as it is an astringent. Now, VKool.com will reveal you 9 ways on how to use apple cider vinegar for acne. So, let’s have a more detailed look at these remedies using apple cider vinegar that are useful for acne.
9 Ways On How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne That Amaze You
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Apple cider vinegar that helps you lose weight also helps you treat acne. Apple cider vinegar reduces swelling, redness, and pain, caused by whiteheads, blackheads, and as it is anti-inflammatory. In addition, apple cider vinegar contains the lactic and malic acids that exfoliate and soften skin, thereby reducing scars and red marks. Moreover, it contains all the minerals and vitamins that are necessary for your body to fight acne, reduce scarring, and speed up the healing process. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to use apple cider vinegar for acne:
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 glass of water
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with one glass of water. Next, stir it well
- In the morning, drink it on an empty stomach.
- Consume it daily to remove frequent acne attacks.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar With Baking Soda Face Mask
Besides apple cider vinegar’s benefits, baking soda in this mask also contains mild anti-inflammatory properties helping reduce swelling and redness. Additionally, the exfoliating properties in it help remove the dirt and dead skin cells, thereby drying out the skin. It also helps balance the pH level of your skin. Furthermore, it contains anti-inflammatory property that eliminates the irritation and red marks. In fact, the combination of apple cider vinegar and baking soda would act effectively to acne.
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp baking soda
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar. Mix them well to create a mask.
- Now apply this mask on your acne affected area.
- Keep it on the face for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face using fresh water and then pat dry.
- Apply any moisturizer of your choice to the face to keep it supple and soft.
- You should follow this process about once or twice in one week to cure your acne issues.
3. Vinegar, Sugar, And Green Tea Face Mask
Green tea in this mask also works effectively to acne as it acts as one antioxidant and decreases the inflammation. Scientific studies have indicated that drinking green tea (about 3-4 cups) daily helps lower hormonal acne. Plus, it balances hormones and helps regulate insulin levels, both of which are the main reasons for acne. Honey gives a soothing effect to your skin. Sugar promotes the creation of new skin cells. How to use apple cider vinegar for acne? Follow these steps:
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp green tea
- 1 tsp honey
- 5 tsp sugar
- ½ cup of water
- Make a green tea by boiling one green tea bag in water. Next, leave it aside and allow it to cool down.
- Take half cup of water and then add 5 teaspoons of sugar to it. Leave it to dissolve completely.
- To it add 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Now mix it well to form a homogenous liquid.
- Then, apply the solution to your face with the help of a cotton pad or your fingertips.
- Keep it for twenty minutes until your skin turns very sticky.
- Use warm water to remove the mask. Wash your face two times to remove the mask properly.
- This mask should be applied twice a week to remove pimples quickly.
4. Vinegar And Multani Mitti Face Mask
Pigmentation and tanning are also one of the main causes of acne. Multani mitti is a very effective cure for lightening skin pigmentation and tan as well. Additionally, the magnesium chloride content found in it helps to decrease the spate of blemishes and acne to a large extent. It is also quite efficient as one natural scrub as well as is the best element to get rid of whiteheads and blackheads naturally. So, the combination of multani mitti and vinegar provide a clear and smooth skin.
- 2 tbsp multani mitti
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Mix 2 tablespoons of multani mitti with 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Next, add 1 teaspoon of honey together with some water to form a uniform paste.
- You need to mix it smoothly to ease all lumps.
- Apply this mask on your face with your fingertips. Keep it for around 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water. It is advised to use it twice one week to reduce and prevent acne.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar With Honey Face Mask
Honey works as a natural antibiotic which fights off bacteria that cause acne. The acidity present in honey prevents the growth of bacteria and anti-inflammatory properties decrease redness associated with acne. Plus, raw honey effectively reduces breakouts and prevents new acne formation due to its natural probiotic and antibacterial elements. Moreover, honey removes excess oil and makes skin moisturized and smooth. So, the combination of honey and apple cider vinegar cures acne fast. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to use apple cider vinegar for acne:
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups of water
- The first step is to wash your face using lukewarm water and next pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a little bit of water well to form a paste.
- Now, apply this paste on the face and to exfoliate the skin, massage it in a circular motion.
- Then, steam your face for about 3 to 5 minutes. This step helps your skin pores get open.
- After steaming, you take 2 tablespoons of honey and then apply it on the face. Use your fingers to rub the honey on the face.
- Allow it to stay on your face for twenty minutes, and then use lukewarm water to wash off.
- Now dry your face by using a soft towel. After this, take 2 teaspoons each of water and apple cider vinegar. Mix them well and dip one cotton ball in it.
- Use the cotton ball to apply the liquid on your acne with upward strokes.
- Leave it on your skin for 10 minutes.
- Wash by using normal water and pat your skin dry.
- For best results, repeat this remedy two or three times in a week.
Read on: 20 Natural Honey Face Masks
6. Apple Cider Vinegar, Rosemary, And Lavender Face Mask
Rosemary in this mask contains anti-inflammatory properties that ease puffiness and redness. Research has indicated that rosemary contains antioxidant, antimicrobial properties, and anti-inflammatory that fight acne well. Lavender oil contains profound benefits on the skin because it has antioxidant and antimicrobial characteristics. It also nourishes and soothes the skin —healing dry skin, treating acne, and reducing the appearance of scars and dark spots caused due to acne. Glycerin also has the property to decrease blemishes and acne from the skin. So, this mask is a wonderful remedy to treat acne naturally.
- 20 oz vinegar
- ¼ tsp lavender oil
- ¼ tsp rosemary oil
- ½ tsp rosewood
- 2 tbsp glycerin
- In a cup, take 20 ounces of vinegar. To it add the rosemary and lavender oil. Mix them well.
- Then, add the glycerin and rosewood to it and mix well again.
- Now apply this mixture on your acne.
- Keep this mask on the skin for ten minutes.
- Rinse your face by using water and pat dry the skin.
- Repeat this process daily once till your acne is disappeared completely.
7. Rooibos Tea And Apple Cider Vinegar Face Mask
Rooibos tea is rich in antioxidants because it’s fermented and has many minerals. The tea has been related to fighting acne, inflammation, wrinkles, and other skin problems like rashes. So, rooibos tea and apple cider vinegar combination will provide a helpful acne treatment to you. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to use apple cider vinegar for acne:
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp rooibos tea
- 1 to 2 drops of tea tree oil
- In a cup, take 3 teaspoons of rooibos tea and to it add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar together with 1 to 2 tea tree tea oil drops.
- Now mix all these ingredients well to form a solution.
- Then, apply this solution on the face and keep it for 10 minutes.
- After this, wash your face by using water.
- Follow this remedy frequently on your face to remove acne fast.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar, Elderflower And Calendula Face Mask
Elderflower has powerful phytochemicals and antioxidants that help inhibit free radical damage, as per the Maryland Medical Center. A combination of these phytochemicals and vitamins, like quercetin and flavonoids, give elderflower its anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral properties. Calendula flowerheads have high antioxidant flavonoids levels, including quercetin, kaempferol, isorhamnetin, and rutoside. These help heal acne lesions speedily. When elderflowers and calendula are added to ACV, it becomes the excellent treatment for acne.
- 2 oz calendula flowers
- 3 oz elderflowers
- 2 pints of apple cider vinegar
- In a cup, take the elderflowers and calendula flowers.
- To it add 2 pints of apple cider vinegar and now mix well.
- Keep it for one week to prepare one solution for treating acne.
- After 1 week, you dip a cotton ball in that prepared solution and then apply it on the face.
- Keep it on the skin for 10 minutes.
- Use normal water to wash your face and pat dry.
- Follow this remedy everyday once to remove acne completely.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar With Lavender And Linden Flower Face Mask
Lavender contains many beneficial properties for acne treatment as above mentioned. Linden flowers have a number of natural phytochemicals, that are responsible for some its properties and biologically active. They also have antioxidant chemicals called flavonoids. Antioxidants help remove free radicals from your body. How to use apple cider vinegar for acne? Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
- 2 pints of apple cider vinegar
- 1 oz lavender
- 1 oz linden flowers
- Take the linden flowers and lavender in a cup.
- Next, to it add the apple cider vinegar.
- Mix them well and keep it for two weeks to prepare one solution for acne treatment.
- After 2 weeks, you take this solution and then dip a cotton ball in it. After this, apply it on your acne.
- Keep it on the skin for around 12 to 15 minutes.
- Use normal water to rinse off your face and dry your skin by using a soft towel.
- Repeat this remedy regularly until your acne is banished completely.
Go to our main How To page to collect more information related to easy and effective tips for treating acne in particular and skin care in general. All the above-mentions ways using apple cider vinegar for acne are easy to follow and take very less time. Now, just apply it and have an acne-free skin. Share your experience with us if you know any ways to use apple cider vinegar for acne we have not mentioned.