Internet has become an important part of life that most of us use it every day. It is a wonderful place for studying, communicating, entertaining, working as well as the biggest information source in the world. Thus, Internet provides many benefits and helps improve living quality of people everywhere. In this article, Vkool.com will give you useful knowledge about meaning and benefits of internet, and how you can use internet effectively.
Meaning And Benefits Of Internet – Tips To Make Use Of Internet
In the article today, I would like to introduce to you and my other readers some of the best meaning and benefits of internet, including:
- Unlimited Source Of Information
- Great Communication Media
- Ideal Working And Studying Environment
- Cost Effectiveness For Business
- The Best Relaxing Tools
One of the greatest benefits of internet is that internet brings to users an unlimited source of information about every aspect of life. Through a computer with internet connection, you can read news articles from all over the world, update current situation on economic – science – culture – politics, or access to enormous data warehouse of famous universities. No matter what you want to know, Internet can always provide you the best answer.
Thanks to searching engineers, such as Google, Bing, Yahoo …, people can easily enhance the precision of searching and save a lot of time, money and effort. However, some people still do not know how to make use of a search tool, what causes inefficiency in using internet. Below are some tips on how to use Google search – the most popular search tool at the moment, which can turn you into a Google expert immediately.
- Explicit keywords: You can use the “, the “-“or the “+” to make your keyword more explicit and clear. By doing so, Google will understand your intention, and return more precise search results.
- Site-specific search: You can search on a specific website by syntax: “keyword” site:www.vkool.com
- Search for similar and synonym word: For example, you want to search for “guide”, but you also want some words like “direct” or “lead” appear on your search result, simply add “~” in front of your keyword.
- Replace unknown words: While searching, if you are not sure about which word should be contained in keyword, you can replace it by using “*”
- Word definitions: If you are looking up for definition of a word, don’t waste your time searching “dictionary” anymore. Instead, you can use the “define: keyword” for a better result.
In brief, this is one of the best meaning and benefits of internet that I would like to introduce in this entire article and people should remember for good!
Although the benefits of internet in finding information are significant, but internet is not only about searching, it is also a great communication medium, which can help you connect to your friends, family, and even strange people. Nowadays, there are a lot of different ways to communicate online, including social network, blog and online-chat software.
Social network can be deemed as the main way people communicate in some recent years. If you have friends or relatives living far away, social network is a great idea to be in touch and keep up with their lives. Among many social network sites, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedln are the most popular ones.
For business purpose, you can use free online chat programs, which have been developed for both computer and smartphone. These applications allow you to have free conversation and video call to anywhere in the world, with stable transmission speed and various useful features.
As online communication develops, increasingly, attention is paid to the internet communication skills. Here are some tips to help you improve those important skills:
- Be an engaged listener: Real effective online communication is less about talking and more about listening. If you listen well, that means you understand the conversation and the emotion of your partner. This will help you build a stronger, deeper connection with the other.
- Control your emotion: You should always remember to manage your stress under pressure, so those negative emotions won’t ruin your communication.
- Tell a story: Stories can active your brain and make you more persuasive. You can learn to become a good storyteller from the famous film producer Pixar.
According to data of World Stats, more than three-quarters of the world population is using internet for working and studying purposes. Users engage in many working activities online, for example: sending and receiving emails, reading documents, researching information, conducting banking services, online meeting…
Moreover, working and studying online provide a variety of advantages: you will not depend on either weather or traffic, don’t need to go to school and office far away, you can build your own flexible schedule…
If you are considering of working or studying online, but yet do not know how to start, you may want to take a look at these following websites:
– Ted Talk: TED talk is a nonprofit program devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks of a famous and successful expert in the world.
– Encyclopedia: This is the online dictionary and encyclopedia with pictures, facts, and videos, provides you knowledge in every aspect of life.
– Youtube: Website to upload, watch and share video with friends, family, and the world. Through this channel, you can learn everything in the most visual way.
– The Rosetta project: This is a project to develop a contemporary version of the historic Rosetta Stone, a meaningful survey and near permanent archive of 1000 languages
– BBC Learning: This is an old learning resource for adults, children, parents, and teachers, provides online courses, video clips, educational games and revision activities.
Since internet revolution exploded, it has totally changed the way people do business on both local level and global level. By utilizing the unlimited potential of internet in many creative ways, the benefits of internet to the business community is numerous. However, the cost-effectiveness may be the biggest benefit.
Prior to internet, business costs were high due to many factors. But now, companies can build international relationship with vendors to save material costs and searching for news customers online for free. Information at faster speed helps companies save time, which either save money or make money.
Benefits of internet are not only about working or searching. It is also a very effective tool to help you cope with stress from your daily busy life. Below is some best way to relax on Internet as well as our suggestion for you to choose from.
- Listen to music or relaxing sound: A nap is a nature relaxing function of your body, especially if you are in stress or anxious. But it is hard to fall asleep in that mood, so you can try some soft music or relaxing sound. I recommend those who have trouble sleeping listen to Baroque music or the Rain Mood. These sounds are able to calm down the mood instability and help you feel serene.
- Comedy program: Laughter is the cheapest medicine to decrease your stress and bring greater happiness to your life. Youtube and other video-upload website are always willing to stimulate your laughter every day.
- Play video game: Only busy with something else can free your stressed mind, and nothing else is better than a funny game.
However, Internet does not only bring us advantages, but also many disadvantages, especially for our health. Thus, another thing that you should do after reading the list of meaning and benefits of internet is searching about the disadvantage of internet if possible. Or you can find out more about how internet impacts our health at the Hidden Dangers Of Internet For Youth article. This is a useful writing that helps you realize the negative aspects of internet, to have timely measures to reduce their consequences.
In summary, my article today is about meaning and benefits of internet and I also give you some tips in order to use internet more effectively, which are all very easy and will help you save a lot of time, effort as well as money. This is my own successful experience and I hope after my readers apply those tips, you can get the best result. If you think these tips are helpful, remember to share this list widely with others. There are many people who are still having difficulties in utilizing benefits of internet, and they will very appreciate you for sharing.
These are 5 meaning and benefits of internet on Vkool.com that would be perfect for those who are using internet every day. As an author of Vkool, I hope that this article will help you have better experience in using internet and can master those benefits of it. If you have any question related to this interesting topic, do not hesitate to put them below. I would very happy to answer your questions and discuss with you to enhance my knowledge.
Related articles about internet, applications of internet, and the effects of internet can be found on vkool.com: