I. How To Be A Good Dancer
If you would like to become a good dancer, firstly, you need to learn to dance, then you should spend your time on practicing more and more until your dancing skills become better. It is necessary for everyone to choose for them a dancing style. As you know, each type of dance is made up of techniques that need to be practiced and mastered. Your goals as a dancer will help you to decide which style of dance is right for you. However, there are a large number of people who feel embarrassed when dancing in public; they might miss out a lot of fun party with their friends. Learning how to be a good dancer is not easy, but not too difficult. What you need is to do some rules and tips that can assist you in your dancing skill training. This report will take you through an easy, interesting process to improve your dancing sense and to get you onto the dance floor without embarrassment. Check it out!
1. Seal Yourself Up In A Room
- Initially, you need to look for a space that is large enough for you to practice in without bumping into anything. Especially, this place must be somewhere that you will not be disturbed by other people. Abolish things which are fragile, and shoo the pets out of that space if they affect your dancing. Turn on the music, you should choose music that can make you feel energetic and good.
- It is necessary that you should dress comfortably in order to move flexibly. Do not wear anything that make you uncomfortable.
2. Dance In Front Of A Mirror
When you dance in front of a single mirror, you will be able to watch your movements exactly and consistently. And then, you can decide which of your dance movements look great, and which need to be avoided. Watching your moves while dancing and take note of the good steps.
3. If Your Moves Are Not Good, Return To The Basics
Here are some suggestions that you can take to improve your dancing skill:
- You can step out with the left foot, step back in, and vice versa with the opposite side. Another method is to simply point your feet and sway to the beat. Try to keep these simple movements in rhythm to the music to get you engage in the feeling of music
- Stay relaxed, keep the hands and the arms loose, unlock the hips to release of all of your body parts
- Watch DVDs to learn some dance styles that you know. This will help you get others’ experience to improve your skill.
4. Deal With The Feeling Of Self-Conscious About Dancing
Learning how to be a good dancer is not just about learning movements and techniques, but about learning how to face with self-conscious problem and criticism. Do not worry about being judged. You should dance with comfortable mind; the self-conscious emotions just obstruct your progress. Some things to consider include:
- Feel the movements. The more you enable your body to do the dance thinking, the more you can enhance “muscle memory”.
- If there is any criticism relating to your dancing, do not take it to heart. May be, others can laugh, but they do that because they are just about their own dancing. They might be laughing with you, not at you. Do not worry. Other people also give you some suggestions about how to dance easily. In that case, you can consider their advice. It depends on your choice, you do not have to stick with it if you do not like
- Lose the mirror. The mirror should simply promote your dancing performance, not affect negatively you. So, if you feel self-conscious negatively when dancing in front of a mirror. Do not use it until you feel better.
5. Move Out Of Your Dancing Room And Integrate Into The Public Space
Be sure to dress well; if your dancing remains so-so, at least you will still look great!
- Scoping out the dance floor will help you see what sort of dancing people are doing before you join them.
- Having a drink can help you loosen up a bit. However, you should not drink too much
- Go with your friend. It is easier to relieve your tension when you are in imbalance state.
6. Get On The Floor
- If there are not too many people in the crowd, you should stand near somebody who is drawing a lot of attention to their dancing no matter it is good or bad. That also means you do not have to feel people are staring at you.
- Avoid the center of dancing circles at all costs. Make sure you're safe on the outer side of the dance floor so that you're not drawing undue attention to yourself.
7. Try To Look Like You Are Having Fun
It is an important aspect of making your style of dancing work. Smile a lot, and then, give yourself to the music.
- Make eye contact with the people around you. It is boring if you just stare at the floor.
- Act as if you self-aware, and know what you are doing. Your confidence will grow.
- Keep your hands below shoulder level at all times to ensure that you do not accidentally knock other dancers out.
II. How To Become A Professional Dancer
If you are now a dancer, then your goal will be how to be a good dancer, even how to be a professional dancer, right? Many dancers strive to always make their dancing a progression. Becoming a professional dancer requires much dedication, ambition, experience, practice, and strong character, and above all the patience and the ability not to give up. Being a pro is also divided into many levels. Some people become pros at the semi-professional level because they still want to maintain a normal career on the side. Others want to become full-time professional dancers that they consider as their career. If you are one of those people in the second group, the question will be: how to turn your dancing into your main and professional career. I recommend you should keep the following things in your mind:
1. Look For A School For Professionals
Start at a good dance school. Ideally, you should find a school where the teachers have got not only the technical skills, but also realistic industry knowledge and advice. That will assist you in your dancing so much. They will answer your questions about how to be a good dancer as well as different aspect of the dancing, and also give you useful advice that if you find the answers by yourself, it will take a lot of your time.
2. Experience Different Dance
You need to experience and train in a variety of dance styles. Even if you want to be a ballerina, you need to go through some certain levels of tap, jazz, or hip hop to get a general understanding of different dance styles. They also help your body develop in a variety of ways, make you stronger and be a more flexible dancer.
You also need to visit lots of shows which are musicals, ballets, theatre. Do this; you can broad your horizons of the industry. You never know whether you will land a job in a music video, or on broadway; thus, be open to everything!
3. Practice More And More
You should practice consciously because practice makes you perfect. Even when you feel tired, bored or you have a lot of things to do, it is important that you can make time to practice. The more you practice, the higher level you achieve. In other words, there are a lot of dancers who spend most time of their day on practicing harder, so, you also need to keep up them if not want to be backward.
4. Balanced Diet And Workout
Maintaining a healthy diet plan and a proper dance workout plan plays a critical role in your dancing progression. Do not eat everything you want, whenever you want just because you dance. You have to ensure your body is in its most prime state, so you have to look after it in a proper way and healthy way.
Eating a balanced and healthy diet will keep your energy levels up and allow you to train harder. It can give you the strength to build stamina, help you prevent injuries, and heal more quickly when you get them.
5. Gain Experience
Just focus on things you want to do. Yet, you also need to prepare to accept that you might not always get it. A lot of dancers have to do some jobs that they do not intend to do. But remember that, every job can help you get closer to your goals and your achievement. It might not bring to you a lot of money but it can help you get more attention from others. The more auditions you go to, the more opportunities you have.
To gain such experience, you can find the information about upcoming auditions through your tutors or your teachers. Furthermore, you should research dance auditions on a regular basis, create an online profile to draw attention from those people who can help you in this dancing field. Then, the audition opportunities can find you.
6. Travel Flexibility
Be flexible. This job requires the effort and time investment from people. So, keep in mind that you might have to travel at last minutes notice. You will need the job, though, as travelling to and from auditions and dance shows can be expensive.
7. Deal With Criticism
Becoming a professional dancer also requires a beginning dancer to learn to take criticism. Obviously, this is not an easy task, and might take some time. You need to be strong and prepare to hear No’s from others, and take every bit of criticism as advice. Do not give up, though. The more setbacks you get, the closer you are to a yes!
With these great tips on how to be a good dancer, hope you have learned something new! Well, practicing and not giving up are the keys to make you successful.
If you care about the article, we are open to welcome any discussion about the topic. Leave your comments at the end of this post to let us know what you think. We appreciate your contribution and will reply all as soon as possible.