By beginning some new food habits, including watching portion sizes and counting calories, you can be able to reduce your blood pressure as well as decrease the medications we need to deal with high blood pressure. Habits like eating smoking and salty foods can increase blood pressure. Hence, with hypertension you need to have one diet low in fat as well as sodium. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 8 best high blood pressure diet recipes. The writing collected a list of foods and recipes for high blood pressure patients from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn these 8 best high blood pressure diet recipes in more detail!
Top 8 Best High Blood Pressure Diet Recipes You Should Follow
1. Avoid Salt
The healthier your habits of eating are, the lower the blood pressure will be. Looking for the best high blood pressure diet, you should avoid salt. A high-sodium diet raises blood pressure in a lot of people. In general, the less sodium (salt) you eat, the better hypertension control you might have.
In order to reduce the sodium in the diet, you should try these suggestions:
- Aim for less than about one teaspoon of salt daily.
- Use a food diary in order to maintain track of the salt in all foods you eat.
- You should check the nutritional facts label on each food package.
- Avoid foods that contain 20% of sodium.
- Select foods that contain 5% of sodium
- Avoid processed foods, lunch meats, canned foods and fast foods.
- You should use salt-free seasonings.
2. Know What To Eat
Magnesium, potassium, and fiber can help control high blood pressure. Vegetables and fruits are high in potassium, fiber and magnesium, and they are low in sodium. You should stick to whole veggies and fruits. Juice is less useful, as the fiber is removed. Nuts, seeds, legumes, poultry and lean meats are great sources of magnesium.
In order to raise the amounts of natural magnesium, and fiber and potassium you take in, you had better select from the following: apricots, apple, bananas, beet green, carrots, broccoli, green beans, grapes, kale, lima beans, melons, oranges, pineapples, potatoes, mangoes, strawberries, spinach, sweet potatoes, tuna, squash.
3. Limit Alcohol Consumption
Seeking the best high blood pressure diet, you should limit alcoholic intake. Alcohol can increase the blood pressure, even if you do not have high blood pressure, so everybody should monitor alcoholic intake.
Learn more: 9 Tips To Get Rid Of Alcohol Addiction Naturally
4. Lasagna Rolls
Lasagna rolls are also one of the best high blood pressure diet recipes. Here are detailed instructions:
Yield: 6 servings
- Twelve whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- Extra-virgin olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- Chopped spinach (3 cups)
- 1 14-ounce package of extra firm water packed tofu, rinsed, drained and crumbled
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
- Finely chopped Kalamata olives (2 tablespoons)
- Crushed red pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 25-ounce of jar marinara sauce
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup)
- First of all, boil one large pot of water. Next, cook noodles basing on package directions. Then drain, rinse, return to this pot and cover using cold water till ready to use.
- After that heat the oil in a large of nonstick skillet over the medium heat. Add garlic and then cook, stir, till fragrant, about twenty seconds. Add spinach and tofu and cook, stir often, till the spinach wilts and this mixture is heated through, around 3 to 4 minutes. Then transfer to one bowl; stir in olives, crushed red pepper, Parmesan, salt and 2/3 cup of marinara sauce.
- Now, wipe out this pan and spread the remaining marinara sauce (1 cup) in the bottom. In order to make lasagna rolls, need to place a noodle on one work surface and then spread the tofu (1/4 cup) filling along it. Roll up and later place this roll, seam-side down, in this pan. Redo with the remaining noodles as well as filling. Then, spoon the remaining marinara sauce over these rolls.
- Afterward, place this pan over high heat, cover and then bring to one simmer. Decrease heat to medium; allow simmer for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle these rolls with mozzarella and then cook, covered, till the cheese is melted and these rolls are heated through, one to two minutes. Serve hot.
5. Red Curry With Vegetables
Red curry with vegetables is one of the best high blood pressure diet recipes. Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
Yield: 4 servings
- Canola oil (4 teaspoons), divided
- One pound sweet potato, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 14-ounce package of extra-firm tofu, patted dry, rinsed and cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 14-ounce can liter of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Red Thai curry paste (1-2 teaspoons)
- Green beans (1/2 pound), trimmed and cut into one-inch pieces
- Brown sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Lime juice (2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- One lime, quartered
- Heat oil (2 teaspoons) in one large nonstick skillet over the medium-high heat. Include tofu and next cook, stirring every two or three minutes, until browned, six to eight minutes total. Transfer to one plate.
- Heat the remaining oil (2 teaspoons) over medium-high heat. Later add sweet potato and now cook, stirring occasionally, till browned, four to five minutes. Add broth, curry paste, coconut milk to taste. Bring to one boil; decrease to a simmer and then cook, covered, stirring occasionally, till the sweet potato is only just tender, about four minutes. Add the green beans, brown sugar and tofu; return to one simmer and then cook, covered, stirring occasionally, till these green beans are tender-crisp, about two to four minutes. Stir in salt and lime juice. Sprinkle with cilantro and finally serve with lime wedges.
6. Chicken, Broccoli Salad &Charred Tomato
This is also one of the best high blood pressure diet recipes. Here are step by step directions for you to follow:
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, trimmed, or three cups of shredded cooked chicken breast
- Broccoli florets (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds of medium tomatoes
- Two teaspoons plus three tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and divided
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Freshly ground pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Chili powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Firstly, place chicken in a saucepan or skillet and add sufficient water to cover; then bring to one simmer over high heat. Now cover, decrease heat and simmer gently till this chicken is cooked through as well as no longer pink in its middle, ten to twelve minutes. Transfer to one cutting board. When the cool enough to handle, you shred with 2 forks into the bite-size pieces.
- After that, bring water (a large pot) to a boil, then add broccoli and cook till tender, three to five minutes. Drain and wash with cold water till cool.
- Meanwhile, you core tomatoes and then cut in 1/2 crosswise. Gently squeeze out their seeds and discard. Set these tomatoes cut-side down on the paper towels in order to drain for about five minutes.
- Place one large heavy skillet, like cast-iron, over high heat till very hot. Brush the cut sides of these tomatoes with oil (1 teaspoon) and then place cut-side down in this pan. Cook till charred and starting to soften, four to five minutes. Lightly brush the tops with oil (1 teaspoon), turn and cook till the skin is charred, one to two minutes more. Transfer to one plate to cool. Do not clean that pan.
- Now, heat the remaining three tablespoons oil in that pan over medium heat. Then, stir in salt, chili powder and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, till fragrant, about forty five seconds. Pour slowly in lemon juice and then remove this pan from the heat.
- Coarsely chop these tomatoes and mix them in one large bowl with this broccoli, shredded chicken and this pan dressing; toss in order to coat.
7. Quinoa Salad With Baby Spinach And Dried Apricot
This is also considered as one of the best high blood pressure diet recipes. Here are detailed instructions for you to follow:
Yield: 4 servings
- Lemon juice (1/4 cup)
- Nonfat plain yogurt (2 tablespoons)
- Honey (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- Ground cumin (1/4 teaspoon)
- Ground cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon)
- Ground ginger (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon), or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil (2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Dried apricots, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups of water
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Moroccan-Spiced Lemon Dressing (2/3), divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes , halved
- One small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 cups of baby spinach
- In order to prepare the dressing: Whisk yogurt, honey, cumin, cinnamon, ginger and lemon juice in a small bowl till blended. Whisk slowly in 1/4 cup of oil so this dressing becomes emulsified and smooth. Season with pepper and salt.
- In order to prepare salad: Firstly, toast quinoa in the dry skillet over the medium heat, stirring occasionally, till it becomes aromatic and starts to crackle, about five minutes. Transfer to one fine sieve and wash thoroughly.
- Heat two teaspoons oil in one medium saucepan over the medium heat. Add garlic and then cook, stirring constantly, till golden, about one minute. Add the quinoa and apricots; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, till the quinoa has dried out as well as turned light golden, three to four minutes. Add salt and water; bring to a boil. Decrease heat to medium-low and later simmer, uncovered, till this quinoa is tender and this liquid is absorbed, fifteen to eighteen minutes.
- Transfer this quinoa to one medium bowl and then toss with the dressing (1/3 cup). Let cool for ten minutes.
- Just before serving, you add onion and tomatoes to the quinoa; toss in order to coat. Toss spinach with this remaining dressing (1/3 cup) in one large bowl. Divide this spinach among four plates. Mound this quinoa salad on this spinach and after that sprinkle with almonds.
Learn more: Easy And Healthy Recipes of Spinach
8. Vegetable Lover's Chicken Soup
This is also one of the best high blood pressure diet recipes. Here are detailed directions:
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- One small zucchini, finely diced
- 8 ounces of chicken tenders, and cut into the bite-size chunks
- One large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning blend
- 1 14-ounce can decreased-sodium chicken broth
- Two plum tomatoes, chopped
- Orzo, or other tiny pasta (2 tablespoons), like farfelline
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups of packed baby spinach
- Heat oil in one large saucepan over the medium-high heat. Next add chicken and then cook, stirring often, until browned, three to four minutes. Transfer to one plate.
- Add shallot, Italian seasoning, salt and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until these vegetables are softened slightly, two to three minutes. Add broth, wine, orzo and tomatoes; raise heat to high and then bring to one boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to one simmer and cook till this pasta is tender, about eight minutes, or basing on package directions. Stir in the cooked chicken, spinach as well as any accumulated juices from this chicken; cook, stirring, till this chicken is heated through, around two minutes.
If you want to know more about effective solutions, remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main diseases & conditions page. All above are natural foods which surely help in preventing your high blood pressure. After reading the article of top 8 best high blood pressure diet recipes, hope you learn more some recipes for high blood pressure. If you have any question, or you want to know other foods and recipes for high blood pressure patients, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other foods as well as recipes for high blood pressure to us.
Related articles on high blood pressure problems: