Are you shy because of your skin color? Do you want to have white skin instead of having a black skin? There are many ways to whiten your skin quickly and effectively. You can use lots of cosmetic products on the market, or you also can use some natural treatments to improve your skin complexion. In this informative article, VKool.com will show you top 25 home remedies for skin whitening that can apply for oily skin and dry skin. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 25 Natural Home Remedies For Skin Whitening You Should Know
People tend to use natural ingredients to enhance their skin more than use cosmetic products. The fact is that we can get allergies from creams or from natural ingredients. However, natural solutions are safer for customers. Here are 25 common home remedies for skin whitening that women are following:
6. Rice Powder
7. Almond Oil
10. Kojic Acid
18. Gram Flour
21. Aloe Vera Gel
The first of top 25 home remedies for skin whitening is apple. Apple a miracle fruit for all skin problems. This fruit contains alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA’s) that will improve the flexibility and shading of your skin.
- To apply apple, you firstly take an apple and peel off its outer skin.
- Then you cut this peeled apple into slices and soak these apple slices in milk for about 20 minutes.
- After that, you mix them well to get a creamy paste.
- You put this paste in the freezer for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, you add a teaspoon of lime juice in the apple-milk paste and mix well.
- You apply this mixture all the affected skin areas.
- Wait for about 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water, followed by rubbing with an ice cube.
- Your skin will become smooth and soft as well as very glow.
- You should do this within a week to own a naturally whiter skin.
Tomatoes own bleaching and natural whitening properties which are very beneficial in lightening your skin. Tomatoes have a rich source of vitamin C and astringent properties, making them become a great treatment for black skin, particularly for people who are prone to acne or have an oily skin. Besides, the natural acidic composition contained in tomato is able to balance the pH level of the skin, which helps a lot in preventing excessive oil and making your skin look bright. Plus, tomatoes have anti-oxidant properties combating free radicals to keep your skin younger-looking. Here are top 5 natural home remedies for skin whitening with tomato you can apply:
Way 1: Tomato
- You just take a fresh tomato and then apply its pulp directly to your dark skin and allow it to dry naturally.
- After it dries, you apply another tomato pulp layer to your skin and continue to let it dry.
- You do this process in a circulation for about 20 minutes and rinse off with water.
- You should repeat this process regularly to have the best results.
Way 2: Tomato and buttermilk
This combination is useful for people having a dark skin which is caused due to sunburn.
- At first, you mix 2 teaspoons of tomato juice together with 4 tablespoons of buttermilk.
- Then you dip a cotton ball in this mixture and apply it to your affected area.
- Keep waiting for half an hour or more and rinse off with plain water.
Way 3: Tomato and yogurt
- You firstly take a fresh tomato and get its pulp.
- You mix this tomato pulp with 2 tablespoons of yogurt and apply directly to your dark skin.
- Let it stay for about 30 minutes and wash off.
- You can combine this with 2 teaspoons of powdered oatmeal to get the added results.
Way 4: Tomato and lemon
- You mix 1 tablespoon of tomato juice well with some drops of lemon juice.
- Then you apply this mixture directly on your dark skin areas.
- Let it stay on your skin for about 17 to 20 minutes and rinse off.
Note:You should dilute this mixture with a little water because lemon can cause a burning sensation.
Way 5: Tomato and avocado
The combination of tomato and avocado is one of the beneficial home remedies for skin whitening for people having combination or mixed skin.
- You just mix the pulp of a fresh tomato and with the pulp of an avocado.
- Then you apply this to your dark skin areas.
- Leave it on the skin for 30 to 45 minutes and use warm water to rinse off.
The mixture of banana and almond oil is one of the most cost-effective and easiest home remedies for skin whitening. Banana has plenty of vitamins C and vitamin B6, which will aid in the collagen production in your skin, thus maintaining the suppleness and elasticity of the skin. Besides, vitamin C is also able to improve your skin complexion. Besides, almond oil is well known for the ability to improve the overall health of your skin. Almond is very rich in vitamins A, vitamin D, and vitamin E. Three these vitamins act as natural antioxidants which are effective for improving your skin health. Moreover, the powerful anti-inflammatory properties in almond are capable of soothing the skin allergies and infections. This oil is the best moisturizer for people having dry skin. It will help them to lighten dark circles, protect their dry skin from the harmful Ultraviolet rays and boost the blood circulation throughout your skin.
- You firstly mash a ripe banana well until it forms a paste.
- Then you combine this banana paste with 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
- You mix them well and apply directly on your skin.
- Allow it to sit on the skin for 20 to 25 minutes and wash off.
- You can apply every day to have a white skin.
The extract of licorice root can be found available in health stores. This is an Ayurvedic treatment that can heal several skin ailments, acne, dark circles or even scars. This herb owns an active compound named glabridin which has the ability to inhibit the enzyme causing darkness due to exposing to the sun. This compound will decrease the production of melanin as well as balance skin cells.
Way 1: Licorice extract
- You blend the licorice root extract its juice.
- Then you dip a cotton ball in this licorice root and apply directly to your dark skin before the bedtime.
- Let it stay for overnight and rinse off in the next morning.
Way 2: Licorice, lemon, sandalwood, tomato, and cucumber
- You take 2 to 5 drops of licorice extract, 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of sandalwood paste, 1 tablespoon of tomato juice, and 1 fresh cucumber.
- Then you blend all these ingredients together until you have a consistent paste.
- Now, you apply this paste to your dark skin areas and wait for about half an hour.
- Finally, you use clean water to rinse off.
- You should repeat this way twice per week for the best results.
You can apply either of two natural home remedies for skin whitening with licorice root extract and you will see an improvement in your skin.
Milk possess an ingredient named calcium which is capable of regulating the normal coloration of your skin. When the upper epidermis of your skin is supplied with a higher source of calcium, it will help to create a barrier to combat dryness effectively. Regularly supplying calcium for your skin also aids melanocytes in producing melanin pigment. Plus, the lactic acid content in milk is also able to decrease skin pigmentation.
- Now, you heat a cup of milk on the medium heat.
- Then you dip a washcloth in the warm milk and apply to your dark skin areas. Do not forget to gently massage your skin for 3 to 5 minutes.
- You should apply this every day within 2 weeks and you will see an improvement.
Para-aminobenzoic acid is commonly found in rice. It is a natural sunblock that will increase the level of vitamin C in your body. Besides, rice is rich in vitamins C and E, ferulic acid, and antioxidants, all of which are very necessary for keeping your skin hydrated and protecting it from harmful toxins.
- Now, you grind 1/2 to 1 cup of uncooked rice to get rice powder.
- Then you mix this rice powder with enough milk until they form a paste.
- Now, you apply this paste to your skin and wait for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Keep doing this 2 or 3 times weekly.
If you want to have more information about home remedies for skin whitening, stay with us for our next post!
Learn more: Brown rice recipes: 13 quick and healthy dishes
Another of top 25 home remedies for skin whitening is to use almond oil. This oil contains several compounds such as phytosterols, unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins E, B2, B3, B6, and minerals, which assists you in lightening your skin. Niacinamide is a form of niacin that can help to whiten skin pigmentation. By this way, this almond oil will lighten your skin and provide you with a white skin complexion. Besides, almond oil is also effective for removing blemishes, preventing the wrinkle formation, and making your skin glow.
- You simply heat a little almond oil and let it warm.
- Them you apply this warm almond oil directly to your dark skin.
- Use your fingertips to gently massage your skin for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Do this process daily within 2 weeks and followed by 2 or 3 times per week.
The extract of mulberry is commonly used in several cosmetic products, helping to inhibit the activity of tyrosinase which is the main factor determining the melanin production. If your body does not control the activity of tyrosinase during melanoma, it will increase melanin synthesis which causes dark pigmentation. Plus, mulberry extract possesses beneficial phenolic flavonoids such as fatty acids (linoleic and palmitic acid),gallic acid, and quercetin. These flavonoids are very useful for your skin.
- You just put the extract of mulberry to an empty skin lotion.
- Then you apply this to your dark skin areas.
- Remember to apply this twice a day.
Ripe papaya is very high in enzyme papain which aids in skin renewal. This fruit also contains vitamins A, vitamin C and vitamin E as well as antioxidants, helping to moisturize your skin and protect it from infections. Papaya also works as an efficient natural sunblock to protect your skin from suntan. Moreover, it will reduce the signs of skin aging such as age spots and freckles. It is another of top 25 natural home remedies for skin whitening that will remove blemishes, age spots, and pigmentation effectively.
- Now, you take half a cup of ripe banana and mash this to get a thick and smooth paste.
- Then you combine this mashed banana with a bit of honey.
- You mix them well and apply directly on your skin.
- Allow it to sit for 20 minutes and wash off.
Derived from mushrooms and various kinds of fungi, kojic acid is known as a natural powerful compound which can inhibit the activity of tyrosinase and prevent the formation of melanin on your upper skin layer. Kojic acid is originated in Japan and considered as the best skin whitener in nature. However, kojic acid may lead to an irritation, especially for people having a sensitive skin. Hence, you should always have a small test on a small skin area before applying this.
- Firstly, you use a mild soap to clean your skin.
- Then you add 1/2 or 1 teaspoon of kojic acid to your favorite creams, gels, or lotions.
- Now, you just apply this to the dark skin area.
- Remember to apply it twice a day for 1 to 2 months.
Potato has been used as one of the natural home remedies for skin whitening for years. It can remove blemishes and improve your skin health. Potato is also a natural homemade nourishing for the oily skin. Thanks to the high source of vitamin C, the potato will aid in nourishing your skin from inside. It acts effectively to help remove dark spots and hyperpigmentation. In addition, the potato is able to improve the skin tone and fade dark circles under your eyes.
Way 1: Tomato slices
- At first, you peel off the outer skin of a fresh potato and then cut it into several pieces.
- You gently rub these potato pieces directly on your dark skin.
- Let them sit on the skin for 15 minutes and rinse off.
- You should do this again for twice a week.
Way 2: Tomato and lemon
Lemon is famous for being a bleaching agent in nature. It will help to clean your skin, remove impurities and dead skin cells as well as remove suntan effectively. Hence, you can apply the mixture of potato and lemon as one of the effective home remedies for skin whitening at home.
- You peel off a small potato and grate it until it forms a smooth pulp.
- Then you extract the juice of a lemon and combine it with the grated tomato pulp.
- You mix them well and apply directly on your skin.
- Allow it to sit for 20 minutes and use water to rinse off.
The strawberry juice has ellagic acid that is extremely beneficial in curing blemishes, acne, and acne scars, as well as decreasing skin damage which is caused due to harmful ultraviolet rays. This fruit is loaded with folic acid and vitamin C, helping to regenerate new skin cells and boost the collagen production.
- At first, you mash 2 ripe strawberries until they form a paste.
- Then you add 1 tablespoon of raw milk to this strawberry paste and mix well.
- You directly apply this mixture on your skin and let it sit for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse off with plain water.
Do you know that the peel of orange contains plenty of vitamin C more than its pulp? Vitamin C is able to neutralize the skin damaged due to the oxidative stress and free radicals. It works as a natural treatment to get rid of blackheads on your nose. Additionally, the natural bleaching properties in orange peel also have the ability to remove suntan and dark patches, thus improving your skin complexion effectively while sandalwood has been applied for treating many skin problems since ancient times. Therefore, you can use orange peel combined with sandalwood as another of home remedies for skin whitening.
- You simply mix the sandalwood powder and orange peel powder at an equal ratio.
- Then you put a little water to this powder mixture and mix them until you have a thick consistency.
- Now, you apply this paste on your skin and massage gently for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Finally, you use cool water to wash off.
Milk cream is one of the oldest
home remedies for skin whitening and improving the skin health. It is considered as the best moisturizer in nature for a flaky and excessively dry skin. Milk cream also works as a soothing cream which helps to improve your skin complexion and provide a healthy glow for your skin. Besides, it is beneficial in fading bags and dark circles under your eyes.
Walnuts contain antioxidants, B vitamins, and a rich source of vitamin E, which, in turn, neutralizes skin damaged by oxidative stress and free radicals as well as inhibits the aging process. Moreover, walnuts are capable of moisturizing and nourishing your skin from inside, revitalizing damaged cells as well as regenerating new cells, thereby improving your skin complexion.
- First of all, you have to soak 4 or 5 walnuts in water and wait for 1 hour.
- After that, you remove the water and mash these soaked walnuts into a fine paste.
- Then you add 1 tablespoon of milk cream to this walnut paste and mix them together.
- Now, you rub this mixture directly on the skin and massage gently in a soft circular motion for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Continue to wait for 15 minutes and rinse off.
See more: Benefits of walnuts for health and skin
Bearberry extract owns natural astringent and skin lightening properties. These properties have the ability to inhibit melanin and help in lightening the skin. Plus, bearberry contains carcinogenic which is a natural hydroquinone having anti-oxidant properties to clean skin.
Bearberry has been used widely in many cosmetic products. Its extract includes 2 active compounds: hydroquinone and arbutin. Both of two these compounds positively affect to the dark skin.
- You simply dilute the extract of bearberry with a little water.
- Then you apply this to your dark skin.
- You should repeat this twice per day if you want to get the best results.
One of the best home remedies for skin whitening is yogurt, which is high in nutrients to improve your health, as well. Yogurt includes lactic acid and it is especially good for every type of skin. The method is that you rub some plain yogurt onto skin for few minutes, and then you wash off with lukewarm water. You can do this every day to get the best result. Also, you can mix yogurt with honey and apply into the neck and face within 15 minutes, then rinse off with water. To change your complexion, you can mix some oatmeal, yogurt, and lemon juice as a good paste to apply into your face. This paste will moisturize your skin and improve its color.
Learn more: Moles, Warts, And Skin Tags Removal book
Orange is not only a healthy fruit for your health, but it is also great ingredient for oily skin. This ingredient is high in vitamin C that can whiten your skin tone very well. To get better effect, you can add other ingredients such as turmeric or yogurt. For example, you can mix some orange juice with some turmeric powder, apply the paste on neck and face before going to bed. You will wash off it in the next morning. Or you might combine yogurt, orange and apply it into face for 15 minutes, and then rinse off with water.
Gram flour is one of valuable home remedies for skin whitening. It contains many useful nutrients and can moisturize your skin, particularly your dry skin. You can mix fresh water or rose water with some gram flour as a paste, apply it into legs, hands, and face, wait until it is dry and rinse off with water.
Recommended reading: 6 Easy Home Remedies For Fair Skin For Men & Women In Summer
If you get a dry skin and want to improve your skin complexion as well as get moisturized skin, honey is a perfect ingredient for your skin health. Simply, you can apply honey on your face within few minutes, and then wash off with lukewarm water. This method will remove your dead skin cells and make your skin look brighter and whiter. You can do this method every day to get the best effect. In addition, you can mix lemon juice, honey, milk, and almond oil, then apply it into your skin for 15 minutes, rinse off with cold water.
If you are finding some natural home remedies for skin whitening, lemon is the answer for you. Acid and vitamin C in lemons will work for your skin tone. You just dip a cotton ball into lemon juice and apply into your face and neck for hours, wash with water. This way can help you reduce scars on face, as well. Another way to use lemons is to mix tomato juice or turmeric powder with lemon juice, apply it into skin for 30 minutes before washing off with water. Alternatively, you can combine some honey, milk powder, and lemon juice to apply into skin for 15-20 minutes. Make sure that you avoid applying lemon on open wounds.
Recommended reading: How To Whiten Skin Fast At Home – 11 Natural Tips
Aloe vera is very easy to plant and it is easy to use for skin whitening. This ingredient can help you regenerate new cells, repair damaged tissue, and improve your skin complexion. Simply, cut aloe vera leaf and get its gel, apply it into skin for 30 minutes and wash off with water. You can do this method every day in several weeks.
Papaya is being used as other home remedies for skin whitening as it can lighten and brighten your skin complexion successfully. You can eat papaya to get its benefits. Or, you can rub papaya directly on skin until it is dry, wash off with water. Also, you can mix lemon juice and papaya as a thick paste and massage it into neck and face for 30 minutes, then wash off with cold water. You can do it every day at least in one week.
Turmeric is high in antioxidants and it is really good for your health and your skin tone. To get its advantages, you can mix milk cream with some turmeric powder, apply into you face, dry naturally, and wash off with lukewarm water. Besides, you can combine some lemon juice, turmeric powder, and gram flour within 15-20 minutes, rinse off with lukewarm water.
Cucumber is very cool and it is good for a firmer and brighter skin. Especially, cucumber is appropriate for every skin type. Its pulp and juice work as one of the effective and natural home remedies for skin whitening by eliminating scars, pigmentation, and blemishes. It also reduces cellulite and fades dark circles under your eyes.
You can apply thin cucumber slices on skin for few minutes, and then rinse off with lukewarm water, this method can be applied everyday to get the best result. You also can mix honey with cucumber and apply it into face and neck for 20 minutes before washing off with cold water. Additionally, cucumber juice and lemon juice is very helpful for your skin tone.
You can mix tomato juice with some oatmeal and apply into face for 20 minutes, rinse off with water. Also, you can combine lemon juice, turmeric powder, and oatmeal to get a perfect paste for skin. Apply the mixture for 20 minutes before washing with water. You can do this method every day.
To get more information about natural home remedies for common health problems, you can visit our main Home Remedies page. After reading my writing about top 25 home remedies for skin whitening for oily skin and dry skin, I hope that you have got the most useful treatments for brightening your skin tone. If you have any question or you know other healthy home remedies for skin whitening for oily skin and dry skin, please leave them below.