If you nails are not strong and healthy, do not worry, you are not the only person getting this problem. You can see discoloration, spots, and uniform in consistency and color. Unhealthy nails do not grow strongly and they break easier than usual. Weak nails also have discoloration and they look yellowish. Inappropriate care or negligence can cause unhealthy nails and they become brittle and dry out. Sun expose, chemicals, and nail polish are also the reasons that cause weak nails. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 20 best ways on how to make your nails stronger naturally and fast at home. This writing is for informational purpose only so you should ask the doctor before applying those remedies.
How To Make Your Nails Stronger Naturally & Fast At Home
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil is one of the most powerful ingredients to treat weak nails as it can moisturize, soften cuticles, nails, and repair damage of your nails. How to make your nails stronger with olive oil at home? Let follow this:
- Method 1:
- Take some warm olive oil and massage it through the nails.
- Cover your nails for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with the water 2-3 times every day.
- Method 2:
- Combine a teaspoon of lemon juice and some teaspoons of warm olive oil.
- Apply the mixture to the nails by a cotton swab.
- Allow it to dry naturally.
- Then, you wear cotton and soft gloves.
- Do it every day in the morning and before sleeping.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Learn more: The Book On Skin Tags
2. Green Tea
Green tea is a perfect drink for everyone. Green tea is not only good for health, but it is also excellent for healthy and strong nails. Green tea has great antioxidants to strengthen, prevent brittle nails, and eliminate yellow discoloration.
- Method 1:
- Warm a glass of green tea and cool it naturally.
- Soak the nails in the liquid 10-15 minutes twice per week.
- Method 2:
- Mix some drops of wheat germ oil, some salt, and some teaspoons of green tea.
- Soak the nails in the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe out.
- Do it twice weekly.
- Method 3:
- Combine some aloe vera gel and some drops of green tea oil.
- Massage your nails once or twice weekly.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can strengthen and repair damaged nails due to its antiseptic property. Tea tree oil can eliminate yellow and discolored nails as well as prevent brittle, weak nails. Here is the useful tip on how to make your nails stronger with tea tree oil:
- Method 1:
- Add some drops of tea tree oil in a cup of warm water.
- Soak the nails for some minutes for several times weekly.
- Method 2:
- Mix some drops of tea tree oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin E oil.
- Apply your mixture on the nails and massage it for some minutes.
- Dry it naturally.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Do it once weekly.
In order to stop brittle nails and weak nails, you can use horsetail, which has a good amount of silica for healthier and stronger nails. Also, this ingredient can eliminate white spots in the nails perfectly. Here is the instruction how to make your nails stronger with horsetail:
- Combine some teaspoons of dried horsetail with a glass of hot water.
- Cover, steep for 10 minutes.
- Cool it naturally and soak your nails in the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Pat them dry and rub some olive oil on the nails.
- Wear gloves and leave it through the night.
- Do this treatment 3-4 times each week.
- You also drink 1-2 cups of horsetail tea every day to get better results.
Flaxseeds are effective remedies for your nails. This ingredient has protein, zinc, lecithin, potassium, magnesium, and B vitamins that can help you strengthen and improve your nail health. Additionally, flaxseeds are great in omega-3 fatty acids that are necessary for stronger nails. The method is:
- Take some flaxseed oil to rub on the nails, massage gently your nails for some minutes before sleeping. You should wear cotton gloves to moisturize your nails.
- Alternatively, you can add flaxseeds into your daily diet. For example, you can add flaxseed to healthy smoothies or cereal.
6. Vitamin E Oil
Seeking tips on how to make your nails stronger, you should take advantage of vitamin E oil naturally at home. This ingredient can moisturize, keep your nails hydrated, and improve your nail health. The solution is:
- Break a vitamin E capsule.
- Extract the oil and apply it on the nails, gently massage them for several minutes.
- Do it every day before going to sleep.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has a lot of nutrients such as iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium that can improve your nail health, treat nail fungus, and prevent weak nails.
- Method 1:
- Combine some water and apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Soak your nails in the mixture for 5-10 minutes.
- Do it once every day for some weeks.
- Method 2:
- Mix a cup of water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Drink it 3 times each day.
Do you like drinking beer? Let drink it and do not forget to use it for healing weak nails. This drink has biotin, potassium, selenium that can strengthen and keep your beer healthier and stronger. How to make your nails stronger with beer?
- Warm a tablespoon of olive oil and mix it with some apple cider vinegar and beer.
- Soak your nails in the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Use it for several times per week.
9. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a common ingredient for skin, hair, and nail care. It is a great remedy for more beautiful nails and you can follow some options below:
- Method 1:
- Combine some tablespoons of olive oil with a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Heat it for some seconds until it is warm.
- Then, you apply the mixture over the nails by using a cotton swab.
- Do it before going to sleep. Wear soft gloves and leave it through the night.
- Method 2:
- Combine argan oil and lemon juice.
- Soak the nails in the mixture for 20 minutes.
- You can do the remedies once every day for some weeks.
10. Blackstrap Molasses
Blackstrap molasses are useful for your brittle and weak nails due to its source of iron. It also includes some nutrients that can benefit your health.
- You can mix a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in a cup of hot milk or water.
- Drink it 1-2 times daily for some weeks.
- Warning: diabetic patients do not apply this remedy.
11. Sea Salt
Being great in healing minerals, sea salt is very good for your nail health as it can make your nails shiny and soften the cuticles shortly. It is very simple to use sea salt to take care of the nails at home:
- Prepare a bowl of warm water and add some tablespoons of sea salts in it.
- Add some frankincense and wheat germ oil, lemon, myrrh essential oils.
- Then, you soak the nails in the mixture for 10-5 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Pat it dry naturally and apply mild hand cream immediately.
- Do it 2-3 times weekly to strengthen your nails.
Milk is perfect for your health as well as your nail health as it is great in calcium. You can get some milk and soak it for 5 minutes every day to prevent brittle and weak nails. Alternatively, you can mix milk with egg yolks and soak your nails in the mixture. This remedy is high in protein and makes your nails look stronger.
Dehydration will be the leading factor that causes weak and brittle nails. If you usually bite or polish your nails, they will be drier and lack of moisturizing. You can take care of your nails every day by rubbing Vaseline to the nails before going to sleep to keep your nails hydrated and prevent splitting. Strong nails also prove that your health is good, so you should take care of them more carefully.
14. Massage Your Nails
In order to have beautiful and strong nails, you should massage them every day at home. Massage will strengthen your nails because it improves your blood circulation effectively. You can use coconut oil, almond oil, nail cream, or lotion to massage and moisturize your nails.
- You can massage through your nails 5-10 minutes.
- Wear cotton gloves and sleep.
- Wash your nails in the next morning with warm water.
- Do it every day for several weeks.
15. Add More Biotin
Increasing biotin intake is very important to have stronger nails. It will reduce hardness, thickness, and splitting of the nails effectually. How to make your nails stronger with biotin? Let’s follow this instruction:
- You can eat more biotin-rich foods such as almonds, sweet potatoes, peanuts, lentils, soybeans, cereals, egg yolks, corn, and salmon.
- Another option is you can take biotin supplements to improve nail health after consulting your doctor.
16. Eat Protein-rich Foods
The same as biotin, protein has an important role in strengthening your nails, which are made of keratin a protein type. As a consequence, protein-rich foods will build blocks to grow nails and prevent spots, weakness on your nails. Here are some ways to add protein for nails:
- The first solution is to eat more protein-rich foods such as tofu, beans, quinoa, soybeans, seafood, nuts, low-fat dairy, lean meats, eggs, and chickens.
- You also can add protein powder to a cup of milk to drink after asking your doctor.
17. Do Not Bite Your Nails
Biting your nails is a common routine, especially in children. Stop biting your nails is really hard but you should end it as soon as possible. Instead, you should go to a grocery store and buy a bitter to cut your long nails. Biting might cause your brittle and weak nails worse. Then, you should stop biting nails immediately.
18. Wear Polish
To make your nails stronger, you might wear polish, which is not harmful to your nail health. However, you should not wear it frequently, let break it periodically to make your nails relax. It is very important to choose acetone-free nail polish when you break the polish. You also wear gloves whenever cleaning house, doing some housework to protect your nails.
19. Keep Your Cuticles Moisturized
If you cut cuticles too far, you will damage your nails. As the results, you should take care of your nails more carefully by keeping the cuticles and nails moisturized. You do not push or trim them. Also, you should be aware of some symptoms of infection including swelling, pain, and redness.
20. Have Proper Manicures
How to make your nails stronger with natural ingredients and simple tips? Let choose proper manicures if you want to have healthy and beautiful nails. Grooming your nails will help you have greater and more beautiful nails although you do it at home. The importance is that you have to have proper manicures for this task. If not, your nails will be damaged.
If you want to learn more useful tips and tricks on how to take care of your health, you might visit our main How To page. After reading the articles about 20 tips on how to make your nails stronger naturally at home, I think that you have got some helpful solutions for treating weak nails as well as preventing some nail problems. Those remedies are natural so they are really safe and simple to follow, as the result, you totally can do it every day at home. However, for taking supplements, you should ask a doctor before having them. If you have any question or any comment, please leave it below.
Related articles on nail care:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 13 homemade hand cream recipes – easy & effective
- 41 Homemade natural face toner recipes
- 13 Healthy Smoothies for Diabetes You Should Know
- How to get rid of puffy hair naturally at home – 15 tips
- How to treat a headache at home naturally – 6 tips
- Natural healthy foods for anemia: 21 best choices
- 8 Best makeup for acne prone skin and scars 2015!
- Natural urticaria & angioedema treatment system review