If you are suffering from uncomfortable symptoms of dry eyes syndrome, like irritation, itching, burning, and blurred vision, or just simply want to prevent this problem, then you had better change your everyday habits. This article is designed to help people get rid of symptoms of dry eyes as well as prevent dry eyes syndrome effectively. Check out all of 18 simple ways to cure dry eyes naturally at home now!
I. How To Cure Dry Eyes Naturally At Home – Tips To Prevent Dry Eyes
1. Avoid Getting Dry Eyes From The Computer
- Take a break from your computer: as being in front of computer from day to day can take a serious tool for your own eyes. Therefore, taking a break from your computer screen for just one minute can help people let their eyes restore naturally.
- 10-10-10: there is a recommendation that every 10 minutes, people should look at object about 10 feet away for 10 seconds so that they can get them adjust to long-distance. By this way, they can get ready when getting off their computer.
- Adjust screen settings: eye strain usually is resulted from excessively bring light either from outdoor sunlight or from interior lighting. When using computer, people should set the ambient lighting about half as bright as that found in most offices. Also, you should eradicate exterior light by closing drapes, blinds, shades. Then, you can decrease interior lighting by making use of fewer light bulbs as well as fluorescent tubes. If possible, it is good to position your computer screen so that windows are at the side, instead of behind or in front of it.
- Minimize Glare: actually, glare on walls and finished surfaces, or reflections on the screen of computer may result in computer eye strain, so you can install an anti-glare screen on the monitor. If possible, you could pain bright white walls a darker color with a matte finish. In other words, cover your windows to minimize the amount of light.
- Change computer screen setting: in fact, adjusting your display settings will reduce eye strain as well as eye fatigue. In general, you can adjust the display’s brightness so it will be similar to the brightness of the surroundings.
- Text contrast and size: as recommendation, adjust your text size and contrast for comfort, particularly when reading, typing long documents. Also, use black print and white background in order to create good combination, leading the comfort of your eyes.
- Blink often: did you know that blinking is so important when working at the computer? It is because blinking could moisten the eyes for preventing dryness and irritation. Tears coating your eyes evaporate more quickly during non-blinking phases. This could lead to dry eyes. Moreover, the air in most office environment is so dry, increasing how rapidly the eyes evaporate, placing people at the higher risk of dry eye syndromes.
2. Use Lubricating Eye Drops
In fact, over-the-counter eye drops are considered as artificial tears which can relieve your dry eye. You had better look for the types of eye drops without preservatives, which can irritate the eyes, and use every several hours.
3. Protect The Eyes From The Wind
In case that you find your eyes dry out due to high winds, go for goggles or glasses with protective side shields. They can be found in a lot of out-door equipment and pharmacies stores.
In simple words, when it the care, you should ensure the flowing air vents are turned away from the face. It is because blasts of air, whether from the air conditioner or heater, could make your dry eyes worse.
And, the same advice is also suitable for the air from the hair dryer. When blow make your own hair drying, you should direct the air away from the face. In case that you still feel your eyes get dry after blow drying, next times, take advantage of artificial tears both before and after drying the hair.
Last, even fans, either oscillating fans or ceiling fans, could also make the condition of dry eyes worse. Consider to use the fans on a lower setting or not using them, if possible.