Research indicates that there are 2 distinct types of aging. Premature aging disease caused by genes people inherit that’s called intrinsic aging (or internal aging). The other type is extrinsic aging (or external aging) that’s caused by several environmental factors, like exposure to the sun’s harmful rays. In this writing on VKool site, we are going to reveal detailed information about premature aging skin causes and how to avoid this effectively. Keep reading and find out how to prevent your premature aging as well as enhance your beauty with your young skin.
Premature Aging Skin Causes And How To Avoid This Effectively
I. Types Of Aging
1. Intrinsic Aging
Intrinsic aging is the natural aging process that normally appears in your mid-20s. At this period of time, within your skin, the production of collagen slows and elastin, that works to enable your skin for snapping back into place, just has less spring. Also, your dead skin cells don’t shed quickly. The turnover of new cells decreases slightly. When these changes appear in your 20s, the symptoms of intrinsic aging are not really visible for years. The symptoms of intrinsic aging include:
- Thin & transparent skin
- Fine wrinkles
- Loss of fat, leading to eye sockets, hollowed cheeks and as loss of firmness on your neck and hands
- Dry skin
- Your bones shrink away from your skin because of bone loss, causing sagging skin
- Inability to sweat to cool your skin
- Hair loss
- Graying hair and white hair
- Nail plate thins, ridges develops and the half moons disappear
- Unwanted hair
Scientifically, genes may play a main role in controlling how quickly your natural aging process unfolds. For instance, some people notice their gray or white hairs in their 20s; some others don’t have graying until they are 40. Particularly, people with the Werner’s syndrome – an inherited condition rapidly accelerates their natural aging process, often appear old in their mid-20s or 30s. Their hair may be thin and gray considerably in their 20s. Especially, cataracts can appear in their teens. On average, the life expectancy in patients of Werner’s syndrome is about 46. Read on: How to remove blemishes and dark spots from face
2. Extrinsic Aging
The other type of aging is extrinsic aging. A number of external or extrinsic factors can act together with aging process to age your skin prematurely. Sun exposure, therefore is one of the main causes of premature aging skin. Other factors include smoking, sleeping positions, gravity, repetitive facial expressions. Now, keep reading to have a closer look to premature aging skin causes. Read on: How to increase collagen production by eating the right foods
II. Causes Of Aging Skin
1. The Sun As mentioned above, sun exposure can prematurely age your skin. Without the protection from harmful rays of the sun, just several minutes of sun exposure each day through years may cause changes to your skin. In concrete, the following signs can be traced to the sun exposure:
- Age spots
- Spider veins on your face
- Leathery and rough skin
- Fine wrinkles
- Loose skin
- Actinic keratoses: thick wart-like, reddish patches of the skin and rough
- Skin cancer
- A blotchy complexion
Photoaging is the term that dermatologists and doctors use to describe the type of premature aging skin caused by sun exposure. The levels of photoaging depend on the skin color and the history of intense sun exposure. Those with fair skin may have a long-term history of the sun’s ray exposure and they develop more symptoms of photoaging than people with dark skin. Concretely, in the dark skin, the symptoms of photoaging are limited to mottled complexion and fine wrinkles.
Photoaging appears over a long period of time. With repeated intense sun exposure, your skin will lose the ability to repair itself, also the damage will accumulate. Studies have indicated that repeated ultraviolet exposure can dramatically breaks down collagen while impairing the synthesis of collagen. Besides, sun exposure also attacks your elastin. Your sun-weakened skin will stop to spring back earlier than the skin cared and protected from ultraviolet rays. Your skin at that time will also become wrinkled, loose and leathery earlier with the exposure to sun.
2. Repetitive Facial Expressions Do you know that your repetitive facial expressions can also cause your premature aging skin? In fact, thought you perform your happy or sad expression via your smile or eyes, they can form wrinkles and fine lines around your lips and eyes. As a result, your skin does not look toned and you appear older than your real age. Each time when you use a facial muscle, a groove may form beneath surface of your skin and this is a reason why you see lines form with certain facial expression. When your skin loses it elasticity and when it ages, the skin will stop springing back to the line-free state. These grooves will also become etched permanently on your face like wrinkles and fine lines. 3. Gravity Next to causes of premature aging skin, consider pulling your body with gravity. Gravity can constantly pull on your bodies. Changes like gravity are more pronounced when you age. In your 50s, when your skin’s elasticity declines, effects of gravity are evident. Gravity may cause tip of your nose to droop, your eyelids to fall, your ears to elongate, your jowls to form, your upper lip to disappear and your lower lip is more pronounced. Read on: How to get rid of double chin fast – check out top 8 tips
4. Sleeping Positions
Beside the sun exposure, repetitive facial expressions and gravity, your sleeping positions can be a main cause of your premature aging skin. Imagine that you sleep about 8 hours a day in the fetus sleeping position and repeat it every night in your life, how much your skin can be affected? In fact, your sleeping positions gradually affect your premature aging skin like your repetitive facial expressions.
To prevent your skin aging, rest your face on a soft and clean pillow. Choose good sleeping positions for your facial skin like Soldier or Starfish. Also, called sleep lines, eventually are etched on your skin surface and no longer disappear as you does not rest on a pillow. Many people, who often sleep on the sides, most see fine lines and winkles appear on their cheeks and chin, especially women. While men tend to have fine lines and wrinkles on their foreheads as they often sleep with their faces pressed down on pillows. People sleeping on their backs don’t develop fine lines and wrinkles as their skin doesn’t lie crumpled against their pillows. Read on: The Best And Worst Positions For Sleeping 5. Smoking
Last but not least among main causes of premature aging skin, this is smoking. Smoking can cause biochemical changes in your bodies, thereby accelerating aging internally. Research indicates that those who smoke about 10 and more than 10 cigarettes per day for at least10 years are statistically develop their leathery and deeply wrinkled skin than nonsmokers. It’s also shown that those who smoke for many years tend to suffer from the unhealthy yellowish hue to their skin.
In addition, a research reported in 2002 indicated that facial fine lines and wrinkles, while not visible, may be seen clear under a microscope in people who smoke cigarette as young as 20s.
For this, if you are a smoker and a beautiful lady, there is at least a reason for you to quit smoking while preventing aging at the same time.
Read on: The Permaquit: Stop Smoking Method.
III. How To Prevent Premature Aging Skin
While you can’t stop or slow down aging process, it’s soon enough for you to prevent symptoms of your premature aging skin by protecting the skin from smoking, the sun, and other causes as mentioned above.
Dermatologists recommend people using comprehensive sun protection to slow down or prevent their premature aging skin caused by sun exposure, including:
- Avoid deliberate tanning, such as using indoor tanning devices
- Wear protective clothing, like long sleeves and a wide-brimmed hat when going out during the day
- Get out of the sunlight, especially between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., as the sun’s harmful rays at that time are the strongest.
- Apply sunscreen when going out year round. You should choose a sunscreen that is broad spectrum (with UVA & UVB protection) and it should have a SPF of at least 25. Also, sunscreen must be applied about 20 minutes before you go out. Plus, remember to apply a sunscreen more often when you are being in water or after sweating.
Hope that you could actively protect your skin after reading the entire article of premature aging skin causes and how to avoid this. For any comment on the writing, please drop your feedback at the end of the post!
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to control your appetite naturally to lose weight: 23 tricks
- 12 Useful ways on how to use apple cider vinegar for nail fungus
- The sample vestibular migraine diet plan is revealed
- How to prevent global warming from getting worse
- 9 natural home remedies for puffy eyes
- 16 Killer Ways to Last Longer in Bed Naturally for Men & Women
- 17 Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
- 7 Tips How To Avoid Junk Food And Lose Weight