Mumps is a common viral infection in the childs at the ages of 5 to 15. However, in some cases, adults could also have it. This contagious condition primarily influences our salivary glands, located in the area between the jaws and the ears – the back of each cheek.
Home Remedies For Mumps In Children & Adults – Best Natural Treatments:
Mumps is a infection spread by a paramyxovirus which is highly contagious.
The virus causing this disease could travel and spread around in the air through sneezes and coughs. It might also exist on the surfaces of stuff that people usually touch; for example, the door handles, or it could also be picked-up from plates, bowls, cutlery, or cups.
By getting the routine MMR vaccination in childhood or later, people will have as much as 95% chance to prevent mumps.
Symptoms Of The Disease:
- Pain while swallowing or chewing
- Loss of appetite
- Get fatigue and weakness
- Get parotitis – painful, swollen salivary glands on one or both sides of the face
There is actually no cure for mumps itself, but some painkillers depending on the ages, such as ibuprofen or paracetamol, can help to relieve this disease partly and speed up the healing process.
Moreover, there are some natural ways recommended as they are very effective to reduce the symptoms and relieve the pain caused by this disease within just a short time period and without leaving any harmful side effect.
Today, in this article, I will introduce some of the best home remedies for mumps in children & adults that are very useful for relieving the pain caused by this disease fast and naturally. The home remedies for mumps are:
This is the first out of the most efficient home remedies for mumps that I want to reveal in this entire writing.
Fenugreek seeds could be used to deal with mumps effectively thanks to its powerful antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can add 1 tbsp. of fenugreek seed to one glass of lukewarm water to make a solution to consume 2 times per day evenly.
- Alternatively, you can grind 1 tsp. of fenugreek seeds to create a fine powder and add some lukewarm water for creating a paste. Use this paste to apply directly onto the affected area. Let it stay for about 30 minutes and rinse it off with a wet washcloth. Apply the remedy twice every day for a week.
Baking soda contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties that might help to relieve swelling which usually go along with mumps. In addition, the alkaline properties contained in baking soda can help in restricting the development of the viruses or bacteria which cause mumps.
- Mix a little water with a pinch of baking soda to form a smooth paste.
- Use the paste to apply directly onto the swollen area.
- Let it stay for 2 minutes and then use warm water to rinse the paste off.
- Do this 2 to 3 times every day for a week.
Read more: 3 Week Diet to have more healthy food ideas to improve digestion, stomach, and the immune system to beat off infections, including mumps.
Mullein leaf extracts have anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties, making it a very good remedy for mumps. In addition, the soothing, cooling effects of the mullein leaf can aid in enhancing healing and reducing inflammation.
- Add 1 tbsp. of mullein leaf in the form of dried leaf to the steeping ball.
- Pour this to a cup and add boiling water in it.
- Let it steep within about ten minutes so that the mullein's properties are released.
- In the mullein tea, soak a clean cloth and put it over the area with the swelling symptom within a few minutes.
- Apply this method many times every day for a week.
You should drink 1 to 2 cups of mullein tea in a daily basis as well to boost the healing process.
In fact, this is also one of the best home remedies for mumps that people should make use for good!
The banyan tree, a religious status in Hinduism and Buddhism, can also be used in the treatment for several ailments. Banyan leaves are considered super-efficient for healing mumps. Banyan leaves can help to relieve swelling and pain, as well as speeding up the recovery thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties.
- Wash a big banyan leaf and dab butter onto leaf.
- Warm the leaf before applying it onto the swollen area. Cover it for more secure with a tape or a bandage.
- Let it stay for a few hours, or even overnight to achieve desired results.
- Apply this tip 2 times every day for about one week.
In brief, making use of garlic is one of the most effective home remedies for mumps that people should never look down and should apply for good!
You can also make use of the leaves of Indian lilac, also called neem and margosa, for treating mumps at home. Indian lilac leaves provide powerful antiviral effects, and they are also super-efficient for reducing inflammation.
- Grind a pinch of Indian lilac leaf with water for creating a paste.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder to that paste.
- Use this paste to apply directly onto the swollen area.
- Let it stay for 30 minutes and then use a warm washcloth to clean that area.
Do this once every day for a week at least to reduce pain and swelling.
Another out of the best home remedies for mumps that I want to introduce in this entire article is that people should make use of ginger – one of the top amazingly beneficial foods in the world. Ginger is a wonderful home remedy for mumps thanks to its antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help to kill the bacteria that lead to this infectious condition, while also reducing the swelling and pain.
- Grind fresh ginger it into a powder. Instead, you can buy dried ginger powder in any health food store or supermarket.
- Mix one little of water with 1 tbsp. of the ginger powder to form a thick paste.
- Use the paste to apply directly under the jaw line and to the cheeks.
- Let the paste dry itself and rinse it off with a wet washcloth.
- Follow this remedy three or four times daily for a week to reduce pain and swelling.
Asparagus includes a lot of essential nutrients and minerals that can help you beat the virus causing mumps. You can use the asparagus seeds for the remedy of mumps.
- Mix 3 tsp. each of fenugreek seed powder and asparagus seed powder. Add a little water to form a thick paste.
- Use the paste to apply directly onto the area with swelling.
- Let the paste dry itself and then use a wet washcloth to clean the area.
- Apply this tip 2 times every day for 7 to 10 days.
This is actually one of the best home remedies for mumps in children & adults that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want my readers to make use for good!
Aloe vera is also one of very useful home remedies for mumps. The anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibiotic properties of this plant can aid well in reducing pain and inflammation.
· Drink at least 2 ounces of aloe vera juice every day to speed up the immunity and boost the healing process.
Note: If you have diabetes or are taking diuretics, do not drink aloe vera juice because it can decrease your blood sugar levels.
· Peel off one piece of an aloe vera leaf to take the gel. Mix the aloe vera gel with a little turmeric and rub the mixture over the swollen area in your throat. Let it stay for about 30 minutes and then use a warm washcloth to rinse it off. Apply this simple method 2 – 3 times per day in at least one week.
The sacred fig leaves could be made use to control the mumps symptoms. This type of leaf contains antiviral properties which will be able to kill the virus causing mumps. In addition, they provide anti-inflammatory effects which can help to relieve inflammation and swelling – 2 of the most common symptoms due to this infection. This is actually one of the most effective and simplest to apply home remedies for mumps that are revealed in this full writing and people should make use for good!
· Wash 1 – 2 large sacred fig leaves and then smear them with oil or clarified butter.
· Heat the leaves and use them to apply onto the affected area.
· Use a bandage and a tape to secure them in place and let them stay for at least 30 minutes.
· Do this 2 times every day for about one week to achieve desired results.
This is the last but very important out of the best home remedies for mumps those I want to reveal in the entire writing today and want my readers to learn and make use for good!
Chebulic myrobalan is also called Terminalia Chebula, and it is considered one of the most amazing herbs which can cure mumps effectively. This herb contains antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties so that it can help to relieve the swelling associated with mumps.
- Put 1 – 2 fruits of Chebulic myrobalan in the sun withn 5 – 6 hours.
- Grind dried Chebulic myrobalan with some water to form a paste.
- Use this paste to apply externally onto the areas with swelling of your neck and throat.
- Apply this method 2 – 3 times every day for a week to reduce the symptoms.
Now, after introducing a gathering of easy to apply yet useful home remedies for mumps, I also want my readers to spend more time reading another article which teaches people how to relieve TMJ pain – a related and relatively similar to the pain due to mumps. In fact, the TMJ Pain And How To Cure It With Truth About TMJ article reveals many effective ways to beat off TMJ – another disease which can also cause tooth, check, and jaw pain – without the need and requirement for any type of drug, pill, or medication. Therefore, if you are suffering from this health issue, and you are looking for the best ways to deal with it effectively and naturally at home, you should feel free to make use of the tips and techniques revealed in this article. Catch this chance and see how the stuff in this article can also work for your current condition!
The full gathering of home remedies for mumps in children & adults that I published on VKool.com is totally easy to apply and safe for everyone, as well as useful for many cases of mumps. In fact, these remedies will force you to stand no harmful unwanted side effect, so people should not concern about this. If you are among mumps sufferers who are suffering from a terrible pain, you should not let time pass without any purpose any more, learn and apply these home remedies as soon as you can!
If you think that the home remedies for mumps that I introduced in this full article are very useful for not only you but also many people you know who are suffering from this painful and stubborn disease, or if you think that it will be better if you share this useful list widely, you should not hesitate to do this! Moreover, as an author, I always welcome my readers’ individual thoughts and opinion, so do not forget to leave your comments and feedbacks below!
Related articles about other inflammation problems and infections, how to treat, and how to prevent them from occurring: