A daily skin care regime, including cleansing and moisturizing, may be two common steps that most people follow. However, these two steps are not enough to give you a beautiful, silky skin. So, a process of exfoliation is also very important to take care of your skin. Exfoliating regularly regenerates your skin and encourages new cell growth as well. Many kinds of exfoliating scrubs are easily found on the market. You can also visit one dermatologist to ask more dramatic options like a microdermabrasion or a chemical peel treatment if your skin is particularly stubborn. These products and treatments are expensive. Try some of the recommendations below at to get radiant, smooth, skin. All of these ways to exfoliate face are collected by VKool.com from reliable sources. Read on!
8 Ways On How To Exfoliate Face Naturally That Work
1. A Coffee Scrub For Revitalizing Your Face
The caffeic acid present in coffee makes it become a good candidate for natural exfoliation. Particularly, caffeic acid contains anti-inflammatory agents and helps raise collagen production, making your skin healthy and smooth as well. How to exfoliate face with coffee? Here are two methods to use it:
- The first option is to mix ground coffee (1 tbsp) with water or olive oil (a tbsp) and next rub it all over the face. Let the mask stay on your face for around 15 minutes and finally wash it off with the help of warm water. It is advised to use plain water in place of olive oil if your skin is oily. Freshly ground coffee beans are the best choice. Don’t use instant coffee because it will dissolve in water instantly.
- Alternatively, to open up your pores, you need to steam you face for about 20 minutes. Make a thick paste by mixing 1 tbsp coffee powder with honey or milk. Then, apply this paste on the face in one circular motion. Keep it on for twenty minutes. Lastly, wash off using cold water to help close the pores.
2. Banana, Sugar And Olive Oil Face Scrub
Olive oil that helps you prevent breast cancer also helps improve your skin health. Click To Tweet Sugar is used as one natural beauty regimen. Sugar gently exfoliates your skin without allowing harmful residue due to its fine texture. In addition, the moisturizing properties in sugar help prevent your skin from drying. It is safe to use even on children’s sensitive skin and to soothe chapped lips. Banana is a powerful source of vitamin C and B. In addition, it has soothing skin moisturizing benefits. How to exfoliate face with this combination?
You will need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- The first step is to peel the bananas and mash it with the help of the back of one spoon.
- Next, add that mashed banana into one mixing bowl and add the olive oil and the sugar to it. Mix this well until a smooth paste is formed.
- Now gently massage it into your skin with the tips of the fingers for 2-3 minutes. Stay away from rubbing your skin harshly.
- Keep this scrub on the skin for 5-8 minutes more.
- Finally, wash your face using cold water and pat your skin dry.
- Follow this process once per week to boost your skin cells renewal process.
Read on: 17 Homemade Banana Face Masks
3. Coffee, Cocoa, Honey, And Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is great as a face moisturizer, cleanser, and sun screen and it can also treat many skin disorders. Particularly, coconut oil has the fatty acids (Lauric and Caprylic) that reduce inflammation externally and internally. Plus, it also has antimicrobial properties that balance out the fungal or candida sources causing many skin conditions. Moreover, this oil is rich in vitamin E that aids in deep moisturizing your skin. Coffee is also one of the main ingredients in this face scrub. The caffeine found in coffee aids in brightening your skin tone as it works as one natural skin exfoliator. Honey in this remedy has skin healing and skin cleansing properties.
You will need:
- ½ cup of ground coffee
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- Firstly, add the ground coffee, honey, cocoa powder and coconut oil in a mixing bowl. Mix it well until a smooth paste is formed.
- Next, splash some water over the face and massage this scrub into your skin with the tips of the fingers.
- Avoid rubbing your skin and massage gently the scrub for 3-4 minutes on your skin in circular motions.
- Keep the scrub over the face for 5-6 minutes.
- Finally, use lukewarm water to wash your face and pat your skin dry.
- Follow this method once in a week and repeat it every week.
- The remaining of scrub can be stored in the glass jar for two weeks.
4. Honey, Sugar, And Lemon Juice
Sugar in this scrub is a natural skin scrubbing element that helps in removing the dead skin cells. Some vitamins, enzymes and minerals in honey aid in clearing out your skin’s surface and nourishing your pores from deep within. The abundance of vitamin C in lemon helps in lightening your skin tone and prevents it from having skin infections like rashes, acne, and others. Lemon juice is also a natural exfoliant because the citric acid works as one gentle “skin peel” that gets rid of the dead skin cells’ top layer. How to exfoliate face with this combination? Here are easy steps you can follow:
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- The first step is to add the organic honey, the brown sugar and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Mix it well until all these ingredients are combined well.
- Next, damp your face and then gently massage the scrub into your skin with the tips of the fingers in circular motions for about 2-3 minutes. Make sure to stay away from rubbing your skin harshly.
- After this, leave this scrub on your skin for around 4-5 minutes. Finally, clean the scrub by splashing some cold water on the face and pat the skin dry.
- You should follow this process two times in a week.
5. Pineapple, Papaya, Oatmeal, And Honey
The antioxidants in honey aid in rejuvenating your skin from within and make it smooth and glowing. Both pineapple and papaya have minerals and enzymes that aid in getting rid of the dead skin cells from your skin’s surface. Oatmeal is known for the natural skin exfoliant properties. It also acts as one natural moisturizer by getting rid of the dead skin cells. Moreover, beta-glucan in it forms a fine film on the skin and penetrates deep into your skin to provide much required deep moisturizing to the skin.
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon fresh papaya juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- Add the pineapple juice, papaya juice, honey and oatmeal in a mixing bowl. Next, mix it well until a fine paste is formed.
- Then, splash a little lukewarm water all over the face and gently massage this scrub on your skin with the tips of the fingers in circular motions for about 3-4 minutes. Ensure to avoid rubbing the skin.
- Allow the scrub on the face for 5-8 minutes more.
- After this, clean your face by using lukewarm water and lastly, pat the skin dry.
- Follow this remedy once per week.
Read on: 20 Natural Honey Face Masks
Keep reading the next part of this writing if you want to discover other useful ways on how to exfoliate face naturally!
6. Strawberries, Honey, And Oatmeal
Strawberries combined with honey and oatmeal in this scrub will help in getting rid of the excess sebum, dead skin and also protects your skin infections. Strawberries act as a natural exfoliant for the skin. They have salicylic acid and vitamin C content that help alleviate excess sebum, dead skin cells, as well as other impurities from your skin. Additionally, strawberries help nourish and repair all types of skin. Moreover, they are a powerful source of fibers and folic acid. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to exfoliate face with this mixture:
You will need:
- 3 ripe strawberries
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons honey
- First of all, blend the oatmeal using the blending jar until one smooth powder like consistency is formed. Next, add this powder into one mixing bowl.
- Now mash these ripe strawberries with the help of the back of one spoon and then mix them with that oatmeal powder.
- Add the honey in that bowl and then mix it well.
- After this, apply the scrub all over the face and wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently massage this scrub deep into the skin with the tips of the fingers in circular motions for about 4-5 minutes more.
- Then, wash your face by using cold water and lastly, pat your skin dry.
- To lighten the blemishes and eliminate the dead skin cells, follow this remedy twice in a week.
7. Yogurt, Coffee, Lemon Juice And Salt
Lemon juice contains a large amount of vitamin C. The lactic acid in yogurt acts well as an exfoliator. It also gets rid of the top layer of dead cells, making younger and brighter skin. The combination of lemons and yogurt gives more advantages than yogurt alone, as lemon provides a great source of ascorbic acid or vitamin C. Vitamin C assists you to make collagen in the skin.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Take a mixing bowl and next add the ground coffee, yogurt, lemon juice and salt into it.
- Mix it well until one smooth paste like consistency is formed.
- Then, apply this mixture all over the face and gently massage it into the skin with the tips of the fingers for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep it on the skin for 4-5 minutes more.
- Thereafter, use lukewarm water to wash your face and pat your skin dry.
- Follow this process once in a week for best results.
Read on: Top 10 Natural Yogurt Face Masks
8. Almond And Rose Water
Almonds have a high amount of antioxidant properties and good fats, and are also rich in vitamin E. In addition, the protein content found in almonds helps in getting rid of dead skin cells and also moisturizes the skin. Whereas, rose water has skin soothing and skin healing properties. It hydrates, moisturizes and revitalizes the skin, and leaves it smooth. Plus, rose water contains antioxidant properties that help to encourage skin cells as well as regenerate skin tissues. How to exfoliate face with this combination? Here are detailed guides:
You will need:
- ½ tablespoon finely ground almonds
- 1-2 teaspoon rose water
- The first step is to take a mixing bowl and next add the rose water and the finely ground almonds into it.
- Then, mix it well until one smooth paste like consistency is created.
- Now apply this paste all over the face and gently massage it into the skin with the help of the tips of the fingers for about 3-4 minutes.
- Keep it on the face for 4-8 minutes more.
- After this, wash your face by using lukewarm water and pat your skin dry.
- Follow this process twice in one week to eliminate the dead skin cells, brighten your complexion and to cleanse the skin as well.
To get more information related to useful tips for skin care, go to our main How To page. Hope that this post will assist you to find more natural methods on how to exfoliate face. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, we will respond you soon. You can share with us the other methods to exfoliate face in the comments section.