Have you ever suffered from Achilles tendonitis? This is one of the common problems which happen with your calf muscles from the back of the lower leg to the heel. Additionally, Achilles tendonitis occurs with those who often take part in sports such as dance, basketball, soccer, tennis, volleyball, running, as well as gymnastics. This problem will make you feel annoyed when you are suffering from it. And you will find it difficult to walk or run. Thus, do you want to know how to treat Achilles tendonitis? Now I suppose that it’s time for you to relax and read this article on our page VKool.com which will present to you 19 tips in order to treat Achilles tendonitis naturally at your home.
Top 19 Tips On How To Treat Achilles Tendonitis Naturally At Home
1. Cold Compress
In order to treat Achilles tendonitis, why don’t you use cold compress? It is the most common and easiest method. It will help not only reduce the swelling and pain but also relax your affected muscles. Now let me tell you how to treat Achilles tendonitis with cold compress.
– Firstly, take some ice cubes and put them in a towel. You ought to use a thin towel
– Then tie it
– Next, apply the ice pack to your affected area
– Finally, leave it on for about 10 or 15 minutes
In order to get the best result, you ought to repeat this process several times in a day as needed. Besides, if you do not have the ice cube, you can use frozen peas instead. However, you should pay attention that you mustn’t apply the ice cube directly on your skin because it can cause frostbite.
Another good tip on how to treat Achilles tendonitis is massage. When you massage your affected area, this will help you to reduce stiffness and swelling. Furthermore, massage will help you to increase the circulation. In order to get the best result, you had better massage with some kinds of oil. For example, you can use olive oil, mustard oil, coconut oil or sesame oil.
Let me tell you the way which you can follow:
– At first, slightly warm a little oil which you want to use
– Then, remove the heat
– Finally, massage gently from the lower part of the foot to heel with the warm oil by using your fingers from 10 to 15 minutes
– Repeat this process a few times per day until you do not feel painful anymore
However, you should ask other people such as your friends or your family members for helping you to massage if you can’t do it on your own. If you want to get rid of this problem soon, you should see a professional massage therapist.
3. Castor Oil
If you want to find the way on how to treat Achilles tendonitis naturally at your home, castor oil will be one of the best choices for you. This kind of oil consists of ricinoleic acid which is an anti-inflammatory agent.
According to a study which is published in 2001 in the Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Archives of Pharmacology, it showed that ricinoleic acid which is found in castor oil has capsaicin-like, anti-inflammatory properties. These properties are observed upon the repeated and acute application respectively.
Thus, what you need to do is to apply castor oil on your affected area two or three times per day to get a quick relief from the pain, along with minimizing the inflammation of the tendon.
4. Vitamin E
A useful treatment which should be listed on how to treat Achilles tendonitis is vitamin E. This is a popular and wonderful vitamin. It will help to relieve the inflammation as well as pain by removing the free radicals. Moreover, vitamin E helps to improve the circulatory function. As a result, it helps to reduce swelling and promote the healing process.
Therefore, every day, you take a little vitamin E oil and then massage your affected area. You should repeat it twice or thrice a day until you don’t feel painful anymore. Consuming foods which are rich in vitamin E is also a good idea for you. Or you can take vitamin E supplements after you consult the doctor’s advice so that you can get a quick relief.
5. Elastic Bandages Or Warm Wraps
It is also a good way how to treat Achilles tendonitis with elastic bandages or warm wraps. This will help you to reduce swelling and pain, together with speeding the healing process up. And it is very easy to find the warm wraps at any market.
Therefore, if you choose to follow this method, you just need to wrap your lower leg as well as your foot with the compression wrap or elastic bandage. Then try to lift your leg in order to reduce the blood flow to this area. Remember to keep your leg wrapped for some days or till it gives you a relief from soreness and swelling.
However, you ought to avoid wrapping your leg too tightly because it may lead to the poor circulation. Make sure that you loosen the wrap if the pain, as well as the different symptoms, has been increased.
If you are looking for a method in order to treat Achilles tendonitis, why don’t you try using acupuncture? This method will help you a lot since it can help to increase the blood volume as well as the oxygen saturation to the tendon. As a result, the pain and swelling will be reduced.
Thus, meeting an acupuncture expert with a lot of experiences in curing Achilles tendonitis is very necessary for you to do. So you can say goodbye Achilles tendonitis soon.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
An effective treatment on how to treat Achilles tendonitis is apple cider vinegar. It contains alkalizing and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it can help you to reduce the inflammation as well as pain. There are two ways which you can follow to use apple cider vinegar.
– Firstly, take a cup of apple cider vinegar and prepare a tub of hot water.
– Then add apple cider vinegar to the hot water
– Next, soak your leg which is suffering from Achilles tendonitis in this solution for about 20 or 30 minutes
– Finally, take your leg out and pat it dry
You should follow this process once per day until you get a complete relief
– Firstly, prepare one or two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, a teaspoon of honey as well as a glass of water
– Then add apple cider vinegar and honey to water
– Next, mix them well together
– Finally, drink this solution twice a day daily to get the best result
8. Epsom Salt
When talking about the tips on how to treat Achilles tendonitis, Epsom salt is also a good idea for those who are facing this problem. The reason why Epsom salt can treat Achilles tendonitis is that it can help to relax the muscles. Now let me tell you about how to use Epsom salt in treating Achilles tendonitis.
– Firstly, take a half cup of Epsom salt
– Then add it to a tub of warm water
– Next, stir well
– Finally, soak your affected leg in this salt water for about 30 minutes
– Repeat this process twice or three times per week until you do not feel painful anymore
Read more: How To Treat Stuffy Nose Naturally At Home
Ginger is not only a good cooking ingredient but also a wonderful treatment for a lot of diseases, including Achilles tendonitis. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which can help to reduce the pain, inflammation, along with swelling. Furthermore, it helps to improve the circulation to the affected area. Here are some ways how to treat Achilles tendonitis with ginger:
– The first way is to drink ginger tea. In order to make ginger tea, you slice a ginger root. Then you take a tablespoon of sliced ginger. Next, you put them in one and a half of water. Now you let it simmer for about 10 minutes. After that, you strain and add a little honey to the ginger tea. Finally, you drink this tea for two or three cups per day
– Alternatively, you can take the ginger supplement. But before you take the supplement, you should consult the doctor’s advice first.
– The final way is to use ginger oil to massage your affected area several times a day daily.
10. Turmeric Milk
One of the effective tips on how to treat Achilles tendonitis is the turmeric. This ingredient consists of a chemical compound which is called curcumin. That compound can work as the anti-inflammatory property. It has benefit in reducing swelling and pain. Here is the detailed instruction for you to use turmeric.
– Firstly, add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to a cup of milk
– Then boil it
– Next, allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes
– Finally, drink this milk
You had better drink it twice per day until you get a relief. Besides, you can also take turmeric supplements or the supplements containing curcumin. But you just take them after you ask for the doctor’s advice.
11. Changing Lifestyle
Do you know that? Smoking is a main contributor to the poor circulation. Thus, giving up smoking as soon as possible is very necessary. When you give up smoking, you can have more chances of healing, together with staying away from the serious conditions. However, giving up smoking may be hard. In order to have a good health, it’s time for you to consider giving up this bad habit.
12. Choosing Proper Shoes
Footwear is considered as one of the most important ways which you can follow in order that you can prevent and treat the development of this problem. It’s very necessary for those who rely on their ankles, calves and feet such as athletes or rock climbers, and so on. If they do not wear the appropriate shoes, the Achilles tendonitis can be strained constantly, even it can be damaged. Thus, you can see a doctor and tell him/ her about your situation and if he/she thinks that you have a right pair of shoes or not.
In the list of the tips on how to treat Achilles tendonitis, stretching should be mentioned, too. In order to keep your muscles active and healthy, you ought to warm your body up carefully before you take part in sports, even before a typical day of work and commuting. This activity will help you to prevent the stresses and unexpected strains on the delicate parts of your body such as Achilles tendon.
Therefore, what you need to do is to take five to ten – minute stretching session. You ought to repeat it once or twice per day so that it can help to protect you from a lot of health problem, including Achilles tendonitis.
14. Turmeric Powder And Sugar
As mentioned above, turmeric is a fantastic treatment for Achilles tendonitis because of its curcumin. But if you do not like drinking turmeric milk, why don’t you try using the combination of turmeric powder and sugar?
Here is the detailed direction for you:
– Firstly, take a teaspoon of turmeric powder
– Then add a teaspoon of powdered sugar as well as a pinch of Paris plaster to the turmeric powder
– Next, add some water
– After that, apply this solution over your affected area before going to bed at night
– Finally, wash it off with water in the next morning after leaving it overnight
You should do it once every day in order to treat Achilles tendonitis.
15. Taking A Rest
It is very necessary for treating Achilles tendonitis efficiently and completely. When you get injured, stop the activity which you are doing and take a rest. If you see that you get injured and continue your activity, it will lead you to a worse problem.
16. Vitamin C
It is said that vitamin C is very essential for decreasing the inflammation pretty efficiently. Consequently, what you need to do now is to consume more foods which contain vitamin C such as papaya, broccoli, orange, kiwi fruit, and red chilies and so on every day so that you can get rid of Achilles tendonitis. Furthermore, consuming vitamin C supplements are also a good idea for those who are looking for how to treat Achilles tendonitis.
17. Eucalyptus Leaves
In the case of treating Achilles tendonitis, it is supposed that eucalyptus can be an important treatment. Eucalyptus can help to reduce the inflammation, together with the pain which is caused by Achilles tendonitis. Hence, in order to get rid of Achilles tendonitis, you should follow these steps below
– Firstly, take 3 – 4 eucalyptus leaves and wash them carefully
– Then pound the leaves with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in order make a paste
– Finally, apply this paste over your affected area
This method how to treat Achilles tendonitis will help you to relieve the pain and swelling naturally.
18. Consuming Nuts
Consuming nuts which have omega 3 fatty acids is also a helpful cure because it can lessen the inflammation effectively. In the case of Achilles tendonitis, you ought to add nuts such as cashew nuts, peanuts, almonds, walnuts and so on to your diet every day. That will help you a lot.
In short, that’s all about 19 tips on how to treat Achilles tendonitis naturally at home. Personally, I hope that you will get rid of Achilles tendonitis soon by using one of these methods which are mentioned above. However, if you see that your problem doesn’t change after applying one of them, you had better see a doctor in order to have a check or have a surgery if it is necessary. If you want to know more useful and helpful information, please go to our main page How to page. After reading this article about how to treat Achilles tendonitis, if you have any questions or the different methods, please leave us a message or a comment below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to treat pulmonary embolism naturally at home – 7 tips
- How to get rid of itchy skin rash on face – 10 easiest tips
- How to prevent MRSA from spreading at home – 6 tips
- Power self-hypnosis PDF review – does Igor’s guide work?
- 16 Home remedies for atopic dermatitis in babies and in infants
- Herpes antidote PDF program review – is Nathalie’s guide useful?
- Detox Water Recipes For Weight Loss And Beauty Skin
- How to stop earache naturally at home – 20 tips